Give Marcus Morris Credit
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/10/2019  2:15 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:Ah, the morning afterglow of a good victory!!!!
He is very much important part f this 2-7 team. Good and bad. His role here is a step up from previous stops and he is paid accordingly. Not sure I’m ready to give up on Randle as he too is making progress in his new role.
I like Morris but not ready to go beyond this season until I see the yoot. Good role model but one has to hope Knox has the higher upside.

Knox has higher upside but they really are best at 2 different positions. No one is giving up on Randle either. Just thinking long term what makes sense. Morris for all of his flaws has been the leader of this team and will rally them from time to time. When the team is better that will matter more. Right now 2-7 is the record so it matters less.

man, I think Knox's upside IS Morris and hope he sniffs that height soon, he's got a long way to go.

my problem with morris is not his shooting but his passing...and the fake bravado when his basket cuts the lead from 20 to 10. you are still trailing aren't you?
when does he pass? the fact that he has recorded 2 games with 3 assists this season tells me that he's trying at least. but the remaining 7 games....0 assist 1 assist...ball stopper.

also he's a mercenary hired for 1 year. if Perry doesn't plan on keeping him around, why is he in the starting lineup? #FreeKnox

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
KidIcarus45
Member: #8813

11/10/2019  7:55 PM
Credit.. He keep playing at this high level, maybe we can steal a late first round pick for him....
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2019  9:02 AM
Morris continues to impress. Obviously you don't want him as your #1 guy or taking a lot of last minute shots but it's good to know he can make it. He is a better 3pt shooter than i thought, very strong defender, and brings the toughness and leadership that the team would lack otherwise. He would be better at the 4, but can play both positions well. Rebuilding or not, i hope he sticks.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/15/2019  9:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:Morris continues to impress. Obviously you don't want him as your #1 guy or taking a lot of last minute shots but it's good to know he can make it. He is a better 3pt shooter than i thought, very strong defender, and brings the toughness and leadership that the team would lack otherwise. He would be better at the 4, but can play both positions well. Rebuilding or not, i hope he sticks.

Too early in rebuild.
You add his type when ready to contend.
No way he would want to stay for reasonable money and duration for our situation.
He will be in playoffs this year with some other team.
Timeline baby...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/15/2019  10:31 AM
arkrud wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Morris continues to impress. Obviously you don't want him as your #1 guy or taking a lot of last minute shots but it's good to know he can make it. He is a better 3pt shooter than i thought, very strong defender, and brings the toughness and leadership that the team would lack otherwise. He would be better at the 4, but can play both positions well. Rebuilding or not, i hope he sticks.

Too early in rebuild.
No way he would want to stay for reasonable money and duration for our situation.
Timeline baby...

the timeline is teach the kids attitude. Does Frank get this without Morris here? I mean this type of thing is why you bring someone like him onto a roster full of youth
https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/knicks-frank-ntilikina-shows-hes-a-dog-in-best-way-possible/
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
11/15/2019  10:37 AM
arkrud wrote:

Too early in rebuild.
Timeline baby...

You don't need to line up everyone in a timeline. Morris is exactly what a rebuilding team needs to learn. He's worth every dollar.

Knixkik
USA
11/15/2019  10:37 AM
fishmike wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Too early in rebuild.
Timeline baby...

the timeline is teach the kids attitude. Does Frank get this without Morris here? I mean this type of thing is why you bring someone like him onto a roster full of youth
https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/knicks-frank-ntilikina-shows-hes-a-dog-in-best-way-possible/

Exactly right.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/15/2019  10:39 AM
Marcus Morris played pretty well and I wouldn't mind him sticking around. That said, I think I would much rather see Knox man up by February and we get a first for Morris at the deadline. I think that would be my dream scenario
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/15/2019  10:40 AM
the biggest difference last night was that we punched the mavs in the mouth right from the jump. Morris was a big part of that, as was Randle, banging early.

there was no passivity, like letting the game come to us.

we set the tone right away, which we NEVER do at home. And why is that?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2019  10:46 AM
KP and Luka wore out. You don't stop Luka, but you can wear him out. KP is just 10 games in and looks like the KP of old, but he has yet to prove the durability season long and the ability to close games out. He will have games where he will, his is that good. But either his size, anemic condition, or inability to play strong at closing time has yet to be demonstrated. Im not a physiologist and thus cannot predict if he will get there. Knicks were hesitant to pay max money for a guy that had all that talent but had not shown durability and sustained energy level. Agree or not, the future will tell this story, not our opinions.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/15/2019  11:06 AM
anrst wrote:the biggest difference last night was that we punched the mavs in the mouth right from the jump. Morris was a big part of that, as was Randle, banging early.

there was no passivity, like letting the game come to us.

we set the tone right away, which we NEVER do at home. And why is that?

I hate giving these guys excuses but honestly I think the major reason is that most fans think and talk about the new players being options C, D, E, through to Z. Proving that wrong is pressure

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/15/2019  11:22 AM
Nalod wrote:KP and Luka wore out. You don't stop Luka, but you can wear him out. KP is just 10 games in and looks like the KP of old, but he has yet to prove the durability season long and the ability to close games out. He will have games where he will, his is that good. But either his size, anemic condition, or inability to play strong at closing time has yet to be demonstrated. Im not a physiologist and thus cannot predict if he will get there. Knicks were hesitant to pay max money for a guy that had all that talent but had not shown durability and sustained energy level. Agree or not, the future will tell this story, not our opinions.

KP looked like the tired KP we're used to. Sure he's coming off injury, but he always looks that way, his energy level is fleeting... he's not someone you wanna build a franchise around.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

11/15/2019  11:30 AM
Knixkik wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Too early in rebuild.
Timeline baby...

You don't need to line up everyone in a timeline. Morris is exactly what a rebuilding team needs to learn. He's worth every dollar.

He is gonna want A LOT of dollars this offseason. And you don't pay a guy that age that kind of money. It's like the Kanter situation from last year in that you know you're not re-signing this cat to a longterm deal so you might as well try to get something from him.

This guy isn't loyal to ANY team. He left a handshake agreement with POP for another 5 million. He will go to any team that pays. We don't want a bidding war for a 30 something who will be clogging our cap in two years and who plays like a chicken without a head sometimes.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/15/2019  12:52 PM
I give Morris credit for hitting big shots this year but I don't like he constant ISO play. He is probably gonna want one more decent contract and at his age and flaws in other areas I would move on. Plus we culd probably get something at the deadline
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2019  2:03 PM
Im in a good place with Morris. In the here and now he is doing a great job. I don't know where we go from here but we got like 70 games left so why stress? I see RJ as the 3 of the future and the process (Draft and internal improvement) should provide improvements everywhere and if we get redundant assets we can trade them.
Can't see the future so why stress over it. My hope is frank continues to see his K9 path and we have him for this season and all of next. In the span of one game Dennis has given us hope he fulfills the expectations for this season. Ellington is a one year deal. Trier looks like Gleague toast. He is a tweener talent. Can go either way. Dotson I think we just let walk if someone else wants to pay him. NBA is full of guys like him. Im not hating on him, just a reality. Morris should have a 3 year 45mil contract somewhere. Sort of what Timmy was making.
But in my timeline I got RJ at the 3. I think Knox has a higher ceiling then Morris. But how good is Kevin Really? Don't know. Do I package him with a future 1st and move up in the draft? Or, does someone make us an offer where they want to move up and some how we move our pick and Kevin for package too good to pass up?

So many scenarios. WE have assets and assets brewing. I give Marcus credit but where we go from here is way off in the future.

Knixkik
USA
11/15/2019  6:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I give Morris credit for hitting big shots this year but I don't like he constant ISO play. He is probably gonna want one more decent contract and at his age and flaws in other areas I would move on. Plus we culd probably get something at the deadline

Iso ball is due to no playmakers. A healthy and confident DSJ and a more experienced Barrett changes that. He can become a 3 & D plus guy.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/15/2019  6:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2019  6:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I give Morris credit for hitting big shots this year but I don't like he constant ISO play. He is probably gonna want one more decent contract and at his age and flaws in other areas I would move on. Plus we culd probably get something at the deadline

Iso ball is due to no playmakers. A healthy and confident DSJ and a more experienced Barrett changes that. He can become a 3 & D plus guy.

What was great to see last night vs Dallas was Smith jr. barking out instructions, directing traffic. Nice to see from the PG position.

Agree that Morris (and Randle) cutting down on the ISOs will help speed up the offense. Not opposed to keeping Morris around, do worry about making him too central to the offense.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/15/2019  11:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

What was great to see last night vs Dallas was Smith jr. barking out instructions, directing traffic. Nice to see from the PG position.

Agree that Morris (and Randle) cutting down on the ISOs will help speed up the offense. Not opposed to keeping Morris around, do worry about making him too central to the offense.

Yep, Marcus at around a 10-12 shots a game average is perfect. He's averaging about 15 so far.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
11/16/2019  7:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yep, Marcus at around a 10-12 shots a game average is perfect. He's averaging about 15 so far.

And at least half his attempts should be threes. He should take 5-7 per game and will make 40%.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2019  11:03 AM
Sambakick wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Too early in rebuild.
Timeline baby...

He is gonna want A LOT of dollars this offseason. And you don't pay a guy that age that kind of money. It's like the Kanter situation from last year in that you know you're not re-signing this cat to a longterm deal so you might as well try to get something from him.

This guy isn't loyal to ANY team. He left a handshake agreement with POP for another 5 million. He will go to any team that pays. We don't want a bidding war for a 30 something who will be clogging our cap in two years and who plays like a chicken without a head sometimes.

He seems to be all in on being a Knick now that he is here. Fiz has praised his leadership. Every guy that covers the Celtics has had high praise for him and his leadership. Seeing the post game interview with Morris and Frank after the first Mavs game was a great moment. Character, leadership and competent two way play is worth a lot. I think he is a keeper for f things can be worked out. I don’t think he is a mercenary. He didn’t want to leave Boston.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Give Marcus Morris Credit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy