[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give Marcus Morris Credit
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/9/2019  10:19 AM
He’s been the leader on both ends of the floor, fits the identity of the team, and has been a big shot maker. Whatever the solution is here, he looks like part of it. He’s doing what I expected from Randle , except better shooting and defense. He’s an older player but seems to embrace playing here and deserves to be a long term consideration. The only question mark is his fit alongside Randle in the lineup. Like in New Orleans, Randle might be better off the bench eventually with Morris sliding to the 4.

C Robinson
F Morris
F Knox (or another 3pt shooter with Knox off the bench)
G Barrett
G Ntilikina
6th Randle
7th 2020 draft pick
8th Payton
...etc

Good mix of offense, defense and 3pt shooting, especially if Ntilikina grows as a 3pt threat.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  10:23 AM
Yeah it looks like he is a leader. Sometimes I feel he does way too much ISO but he has also had big games for us and had that grit that we need
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2019  10:25 AM
Ah, the morning afterglow of a good victory!!!!
He is very much important part f this 2-7 team. Good and bad. His role here is a step up from previous stops and he is paid accordingly. Not sure I’m ready to give up on Randle as he too is making progress in his new role.
I like Morris but not ready to go beyond this season until I see the yoot. Good role model but one has to hope Knox has the higher upside.
Knixkik
USA
11/9/2019  10:33 AM
Nalod wrote:Ah, the morning afterglow of a good victory!!!!
He is very much important part f this 2-7 team. Good and bad. His role here is a step up from previous stops and he is paid accordingly. Not sure I’m ready to give up on Randle as he too is making progress in his new role.
I like Morris but not ready to go beyond this season until I see the yoot. Good role model but one has to hope Knox has the higher upside.

Knox has higher upside but they really are best at 2 different positions. No one is giving up on Randle either. Just thinking long term what makes sense. Morris for all of his flaws has been the leader of this team and will rally them from time to time. When the team is better that will matter more. Right now 2-7 is the record so it matters less.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/9/2019  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  10:46 AM
It is no about we want him to stay but about him wanting to stay.
Beggars cannot be choosers.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2019  10:50 AM
loved how happy he was with Frank right after... so glad they got a win. Much easier schedule coming up. Lets see if they can get it going
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
11/9/2019  10:55 AM
arkrud wrote:It is no about we want him to stay but about him wanting to stay.
Beggars cannot be choosers.

Well he seems to embrace being here and being a leader. Cites being close to home. And seems to appreciate the bright lights.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2019  11:10 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Knox has higher upside but they really are best at 2 different positions. No one is giving up on Randle either. Just thinking long term what makes sense. Morris for all of his flaws has been the leader of this team and will rally them from time to time. When the team is better that will matter more. Right now 2-7 is the record so it matters less.

IM pleased with the incremental progress. Despite the losses it is a team sticking to a process. Losses anger the faithful and from a pedestrian view it looks clueless.
There is a difference between not executing and not attempting to run plays. When a team is not executing as one, it defaults to Iso. You either get hot and pull one out or it gets ugly. We had a few ugly losses. In anger its natural to blame Mills in pre Donnie times or anytime after. Grunwald gets a free pass? LOL

I have no idea how this team looks after this season. Morris is here now and I won't stress anytime after. My guess is we have a high lottery pick and for all we know we might be drafting the next great super star. Or Balkman.

ankurk
Member: #6075

11/9/2019  12:29 PM
Need him to keep this up and trade him when he is eligible to a borderline contender that needs an extra scoring piece. Bring on an extra 2020 draft pick and a young piece. Morris is already 30 and his window does not line up with our young core. Hopefully he keeps it up and trading him in a few months should be the plan.

A draft night trade of acquired pick +/- julius should net us a good piece

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2019  12:43 PM
fishmike wrote:loved how happy he was with Frank right after... so glad they got a win. Much easier schedule coming up. Lets see if they can get it going
That was an awesome interview. Really glad Marcus is a Knick. Everything I heard about him coming out of Boston was about what a great leader/locker room guy he had been there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2019  12:47 PM

I am going to push back a little on this. Except for the previous two games, Ihave loved the fight this team has shown despite the record. I think a lot of that comes from Morris’s leadership. Also, Portis has been up and down but I find myself liking that the Knicks have a guy that looks ready to snap and destroy someone on the other team at any point in the game.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/9/2019  1:02 PM
He had me at hello, when he said at an interview that there will be no easy layups and that we are bringing back the NY gritty basketball of the 90ies.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2019  1:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:

man, I think Knox's upside IS Morris and hope he sniffs that height soon, he's got a long way to go.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/9/2019  1:44 PM
fishmike wrote:loved how happy he was with Frank right after... so glad they got a win. Much easier schedule coming up. Lets see if they can get it going

Heard on the telecast that he was the lead in trying to get thw team back to a physical tough mindset. Judging by Franks aggressive game and toughness, think it worked.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2019  2:12 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Heard on the telecast that he was the lead in trying to get thw team back to a physical tough mindset. Judging by Franks aggressive game and toughness, think it worked.

He has been given credit for helping Tatum become the player he is. I don’t want to see him moved at the deadline. I think he brings too much to the team.
StarksEwing1

11/9/2019  2:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

He has been given credit for helping Tatum become the player he is. I don’t want to see him moved at the deadline. I think he brings too much to the team.
I agree with you but it depends where we are and what teams are offering. Also what he is looking for in his new deal.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2019  2:29 PM
Knixkik wrote:He’s been the leader on both ends of the floor, fits the identity of the team, and has been a big shot maker. Whatever the solution is here, he looks like part of it. He’s doing what I expected from Randle , except better shooting and defense. He’s an older player but seems to embrace playing here and deserves to be a long term consideration. The only question mark is his fit alongside Randle in the lineup. Like in New Orleans, Randle might be better off the bench eventually with Morris sliding to the 4.

C Robinson
F Morris
G Barrett
G Ntilikina
6th Randle
7th 2020 draft pick
8th Payton
...etc

Good mix of offense, defense and 3pt shooting, especially if Ntilikina grows as a 3pt threat.

Yes this lineup fits the modern NBA better than having Mitch and Randle together. Problem is we are stuck with Randle for 2 more years

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1

11/9/2019  2:32 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He’s been the leader on both ends of the floor, fits the identity of the team, and has been a big shot maker. Whatever the solution is here, he looks like part of it. He’s doing what I expected from Randle , except better shooting and defense. He’s an older player but seems to embrace playing here and deserves to be a long term consideration. The only question mark is his fit alongside Randle in the lineup. Like in New Orleans, Randle might be better off the bench eventually with Morris sliding to the 4.

C Robinson
F Morris
G Barrett
G Ntilikina
6th Randle
7th 2020 draft pick
8th Payton
...etc

Yes this lineup fits the modern NBA better than having Mitch and Randle together. Problem is we are stuck with Randle for 2 more years

Technically just one more year. The 3rd year I think is only partially guaranteed
Knixkik
USA
11/9/2019  3:23 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

C Robinson
F Morris
G Barrett
G Ntilikina
6th Randle
7th 2020 draft pick
8th Payton
...etc

Technically just one more year. The 3rd year I think is only partially guaranteed

Third year is a team option I think. But being stuck with him isn’t the issue. He’s still a good player and can always be an elite 6th man.

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/9/2019  3:27 PM
No issue with Morris or Randle we just simply need chemistry to keep getting better and more structure to offense.
The Future is Bright!
Give Marcus Morris Credit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy