[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The most definitive neutral piece on KP.....
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  12:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:That was not neutral at all.
No insight from KP or third parties not involved.

We all saw KP yesterday.

Do not tell me he would not look great with Frank, and a scoring wing. Knicks needed a scoring wing who was willing to pass and shoot from outside well, to replace Melo's, iso ball. If the Knicks stuck with their original plan to build with KP and kept even guys like Frank and Willy around to keep chemistry going, they would be in a much better place right now.

Melo is not even in the league right now. Phil was spot on to trade him. KP had a right to be upset, but Knicks had every reason to offer him the 5 year MAX the moment they could. Hesitating is what sealed their fate with KP.

this is my thinking too. they wanted KP to trust them on the money, and then he stopped trusted them once he saw them in action. I'll add having a coach make it sound like you're more injured than you are didn't help things given the bolded situation

I don't think thats fair. KP was starting to show signs of being a diva long before. Not attending that exit meeting was unprofessional and I was still a big fan of his back then and even I said that was a bad move by him. Sure Knicks have some blame but they aren't the ones who forced him out...he pushed himself out along with his brother.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/9/2019  12:41 PM
Chandler wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:That was not neutral at all.
No insight from KP or third parties not involved.

We all saw KP yesterday.

Do not tell me he would not look great with Frank, and a scoring wing. Knicks needed a scoring wing who was willing to pass and shoot from outside well, to replace Melo's, iso ball. If the Knicks stuck with their original plan to build with KP and kept even guys like Frank and Willy around to keep chemistry going, they would be in a much better place right now.

Melo is not even in the league right now. Phil was spot on to trade him. KP had a right to be upset, but Knicks had every reason to offer him the 5 year MAX the moment they could. Hesitating is what sealed their fate with KP.

this is my thinking too. they wanted KP to trust them on the money, and then he stopped trusted them once he saw them in action. I'll add having a coach make it sound like you're more injured than you are didn't help things given the bolded situation

I don't give Fiz that much credit. I believe it was an honest mistake that stemmed from KP not communicating with organization. I don't blame the Knicks holding off on signing KP to the max, if that's the story. Teams do it all the time to free up cap space. Now, if the Knicks offered an incentive laden deal, I could understand why KP would be upset. But that's how negotiations work. I would have worked they could have worked it out, but things were to fractured. There are just too many missing details from this story for me to assign blame one way or the other.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2019  3:40 PM
Like I said......Balanced. Both knicks and KP did not do well. divorce resulted. Balanced, as if not one side was exclusively at fault. Knicks did not trust KP. RIght or wrong. KP did not trust knicks.

IF you come from a place you don’t like Dolan/Phil/Mills, you tend to side with KP.
If you come from a place you like Those three, then you well.....You tend to think maybe its neutral. Nobody like Dolan so its not like I’m takin sides.
Knicks Saved Spreewell, then turned on him. Let’s be real, spree was no Cub Scout. Camby was given the keys to the franchise and paid well. He was kinda of a gentle lamb here. My take is we can be very generous with players but then we will turn on them if they don’t reciprocate. Starks situation was like that. Dolan can be great, then be a petty petulant SOB.

since we not in the room where it happens, I say both messed up. I say “Unfortunate and Regrettable”. Balanced.

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

11/9/2019  9:53 PM
I feel they thought he may be injury prone and didn’t want another Allan Houston/Amare situation. He’s already missing games and fading again and you have to wonder if they might have been right.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
The most definitive neutral piece on KP.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy