[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The most definitive neutral piece on KP.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2019  9:15 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/11/08/inside-toxic-kristaps-porzingis-knicks-marriage-that-made-trade-inevitable/

Im sure if you hate mills, you'll side with KP.
Perhaps visa versa.

Much has been discussed but little is final as to "the Divorce". seems like both sides have their place of blame and depending on your "thing" you'll expand in that direction.

Nalod long has used the team "regrettable" as with most divorces there are not great outcomes. Short term we lose because KP is healthy and doing well. Not lighting the world on fire but its early in his comeback. Dennis has been a no show and our picks are long from materializing yet alone how they will turn out. Obviously in hindsight we could wish we either mended the fence with him or traded him at peak value.

I think Berman really did a good piece to create a neutral depiction. In my estimate both sides messed up. Losing franchises don't do things well and their records speak volumes. Seems we were ill equipped to deal with what Kp and Janis bought to the table. Who have thought that Melo would have such an impact even on the way out. At the same time KP and Janis looked to take advantage of the Knicks issues to carve out special entitlements.

On top of seemingly an endless decade of instances what ever happened with him is certainly "regrettable". Knicks are my team. Can't change the past. Funny that we as fans sided with Dolan about firing Phil for wanting to trade KP. We just can't seem to get on the right side of things!!!

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/8/2019  9:30 AM
When you have a talented individual on a bad team with no direction it is more a reflection on management. It is and was the managements fault KP is not here. Regardless if he wanted out or not it was up to management to make it work not the player.
Nalod
USA
11/8/2019  9:34 AM
Vmart wrote:When you have a talented individual on a bad team with no direction it is more a reflection on management. It is and was the managements fault KP is not here. Regardless if he wanted out or not it was up to management to make it work not the player.

We fired Phil, Fired Hornacek, he was the face of the franchise and by the time perry came in it was time for Melo to go at that moment. Like most divorces things reach the point of no return.
Your not wrong entirely. It never should have gotten that far out of hind. At the same time KP and Janis were relentless and immature.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/8/2019  10:03 AM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:When you have a talented individual on a bad team with no direction it is more a reflection on management. It is and was the managements fault KP is not here. Regardless if he wanted out or not it was up to management to make it work not the player.

We fired Phil, Fired Hornacek, he was the face of the franchise and by the time perry came in it was time for Melo to go at that moment. Like most divorces things reach the point of no return.
Your not wrong entirely. It never should have gotten that far out of hind. At the same time KP and Janis were relentless and immature.

They didn’t fire Phil because of KP or Hornacek because of KP. Phil was fired for Melo situation. And Hornacek well was a Perry move and Mills. This was not a appeasement move it was so they can draw FAs using Fizdale’s inner circle which was a complete disaster. KP all he wanted was money and that was his goal a max contract.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/8/2019  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2019  10:11 AM
The piece is good, but doesn't touch too much on the rape allegations. I still think that was sort of the last straw for both sides, given the timing. Knicks didn't want to deal with it, and Porzingis was mad the Knicks didn't help facilitate a resolution and deferred for him to deal with personally. I'll side with the Knicks on that. As far as everything leading up, we can see the Knicks made a lot of mistakes. Seems like they just wanted a fresh start and didn't think he had the right influence over the team as the superstar. We know how great he and Barrett would fit together, but you wonder what type of influence he would have on Barrett (and other young Knicks) culturally within the organization. Now with Barrett the foundation of this next era, there's no concern there.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/8/2019  10:55 AM
It would have been nice to have a healthy KP and RJ. We would ALL be more enthusiastic about NY's future. That ship has sailed for whatever reason.

Blame on both sides it seems. NOw NY needs to draft yet another good top 3 player in June. Hopefully by then we will see some development from Mitch, Frank, Trier, DSjr that makes the pick, RJ and the rest perhaps decent next year.

ITs only NOvember !

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/8/2019  11:08 AM
I wouldn't call it neutral. Dialed back maybe but not balanced

I read the piece and it still sounds like we're only hearing one side, perhaps with more sources. There was no dirt on Knicks. This is sourced by Knick's sources

all the stuff is again Diva stuff,e.g., car parking, F-bomb, tons of tixs etc (KP at fault, for sure) and in effect that Knicks were still being blamed because of Phil/Melo. Now it could be the case that KP was the only one at fault, that's theoretically possible. I'm just not buying that at all. Some of the stuff seems downright petty

When i start hearing the part about Knicks being a-holes too, I'll believe it's balanced with info from both sides.

didn't know that Phil considered dumping KP even earlier.

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
11/8/2019  11:44 AM
Chandler wrote:I wouldn't call it neutral. Dialed back maybe but not balanced

I read the piece and it still sounds like we're only hearing one side, perhaps with more sources. There was no dirt on Knicks. This is sourced by Knick's sources

all the stuff is again Diva stuff,e.g., car parking, F-bomb, tons of tixs etc (KP at fault, for sure) and in effect that Knicks were still being blamed because of Phil/Melo. Now it could be the case that KP was the only one at fault, that's theoretically possible. I'm just not buying that at all. Some of the stuff seems downright petty

When i start hearing the part about Knicks being a-holes too, I'll believe it's balanced with info from both sides.

I don't think Berman painted the knicks as innocent. Knicks created environment/events to which KP reacted to. KP reacted to the way Knicks handled Melo? That's on Knicks then. KP not confident about way knicks were managing things. That's not a good look. Fact is, team did not look good. Many things handled clumsy.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/8/2019  11:50 AM
Nalod wrote:

I don't think Berman painted the knicks as innocent. Knicks created environment/events to which KP reacted to. KP reacted to the way Knicks handled Melo? That's on Knicks then. KP not confident about way knicks were managing things. That's not a good look. Fact is, team did not look good. Many things handled clumsy.

We know what Phil did to Melo, and how he treated him. Did Perry/Mills treat Melo poorly too? From what i remember once Perry came in they handled Melo with kids gloves, under the radar, and found a good situation for him, knowing things were beyond repair and that weren't going to reverse course. Maybe Mills gets blamed being under Phil and it carried over, but everyone knows Phil was the one running the show and Mills was just Dolan's puppet and Phil's yes-man.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/8/2019  11:57 AM
Yes a truly balanced piece. If you happen to love Phil. And the quotes by Rosen are, of course, priceless if you want unbiased journalism.

The Knicks believe Melo may have helped poison the waters with Porzingis.

It's always good to know and state what the "Knicks" believe.

I'm sure Melo told KP how to act like a diva. Parking outside the lines. SMH

It just sounds off on the KP and his brother are just aholes angle, and Mills, Perry, Fiz and the "Knicks" are just hapless, helpless reactionaries at the mercy of an injured prima dona.

Chandler

11/8/2019  1:23 PM
Nalod wrote:

c'mon man. Even when they did the Melo thing it was carefully positioned as Phil did this. And Mills was guilt by association

this was very one sided. Knicks wanted to release some more diva dirt on the eve of his game, to persuade some of the fan base that their actions were wise and just. We are going to get our butts kicked tonight

And KP is taking the high road by keeping mum. When i see an article mentioning some dickish comment from Fizz or FO I'll start to think KP's camp was a source

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/8/2019  1:26 PM
jrodmc wrote:Yes a truly balanced piece. If you happen to love Phil. And the quotes by Rosen are, of course, priceless if you want unbiased journalism.

It just sounds off on the KP and his brother are just aholes angle, and Mills, Perry, Fiz and the "Knicks" are just hapless, helpless reactionaries at the mercy of an injured prima dona.

I should have written this piece. COuld have been a lot shorter:

"According to Knicks management, it's everyone else's fault. Here's some other dirt you may not have known. He parked his car funny. He double dipped a potato chip, and supposedly left the seat up on the toilet"

(5)(5)
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/8/2019  3:51 PM
Chandler wrote:-snip-

I didn't know Phil had come to that conclusion either. That just goes to show that contrary to the fairy tale that Phil was too old, sleeping on the job, and incompetent - that Phil was had already seen what many of us fans were seeing. When Porky was on the court it seemed that more than a few opposing players were having premiere games against him.

The statement where Berman leaves journalism behind is, "It is a basketball tragedy from which the Knicks have yet to recover."

Losing, or more correctly, disposing of Porky is the best thing the Knicks could have done and not a second too soon.

No dirt on the Knicks side of the ledger can sugar-coat Porzingis' behavior, attitude, and toxic demeanor. Nothing.

So glad he and Melo are gone. Barrett stands a chance at becoming a superstar instead associated with losers.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/8/2019  3:58 PM
Chandler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Yes a truly balanced piece. If you happen to love Phil. And the quotes by Rosen are, of course, priceless if you want unbiased journalism.

I should have written this piece. COuld have been a lot shorter:

"According to Knicks management, it's everyone else's fault. Here's some other dirt you may not have known. He parked his car funny. He double dipped a potato chip, and supposedly left the seat up on the toilet"

That last one is some serious crap, pun intended. My girlfriend never lets me live it down. I mean a couple of late night pisses and I'm Satan. Seriously, I don't even care anymore why he gone. He gone. This current iteration of the Knicks has far bigger problems.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/8/2019  4:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:The piece is good, but doesn't touch too much on the rape allegations. I still think that was sort of the last straw for both sides, given the timing. Knicks didn't want to deal with it, and Porzingis was mad the Knicks didn't help facilitate a resolution and deferred for him to deal with personally. I'll side with the Knicks on that. As far as everything leading up, we can see the Knicks made a lot of mistakes. Seems like they just wanted a fresh start and didn't think he had the right influence over the team as the superstar. We know how great he and Barrett would fit together, but you wonder what type of influence he would have on Barrett (and other young Knicks) culturally within the organization. Now with Barrett the foundation of this next era, there's no concern there.

The rape allegations you quoted as being a the last straw does not seem to meet the timeline. Was he not traded in January? With allegations coming out at the end of May? Regardless, don't think a franchise would give up on their unicorn because of some preliminary sexual accusations. Specially, as it came out, KP had text proof that the women texted him following that night with requests to be intimate, explicit photos and asked for money,

Thing I keep bringing up is how fans are so fast to accept yet another excuse by this franchise for ****ing things up. After years of witnessing one screw up after the next. This trade was not the result of any one thing. It was a reflection on what every Knick fan already knows. Which is, that the guys currently running the organization are not capable of managing, promoting, developing, building a professional franchise. The problem is that they don't seem to think so. Nor do many other fans.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/8/2019  5:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2019  5:14 PM

It was Melo who hired old Phil and his 90's play book. It was Melo who made KP a diva. It was Melo who hired and fired all those great coaches. It was Melo the Triangle didn't work. It was Melo who gave Melo a max contract.

If it wasn't for Melo, we would have made the playoffs every year. Just like we did every year without him since 2000.

Thing with KP's brother allegedly being an ******* is that all NBA agents are *******s? Think about it, the idea that the Knicks FO was thrown off by KP's brother is hilarious. He was too demanding? Harsh? Agents are one step below roaches. They just have a law degree. Additionally, are the Knicks not able to deal with a diva star player? Their feelings were hurt? That's bodes well for us ever getting one and keeping him. Don't know if most know but most Star players are not made of humble pie.

This whole thing has a couple of simple explanations. Same ones as always. Their names are Mill's and Dolan.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/9/2019  10:42 AM
That was not neutral at all.
No insight from KP or third parties not involved.

We all saw KP yesterday.

Do not tell me he would not look great with Frank, and a scoring wing. Knicks needed a scoring wing who was willing to pass and shoot from outside well, to replace Melo's, iso ball. If the Knicks stuck with their original plan to build with KP and kept even guys like Frank and Willy around to keep chemistry going, they would be in a much better place right now.

Melo is not even in the league right now. Phil was spot on to trade him. KP had a right to be upset, but Knicks had every reason to offer him the 5 year MAX the moment they could. Hesitating is what sealed their fate with KP.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/9/2019  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  10:43 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

It was Melo who hired old Phil and his 90's play book. It was Melo who made KP a diva. It was Melo who hired and fired all those great coaches. It was Melo the Triangle didn't work. It was Melo who gave Melo a max contract.

If it wasn't for Melo, we would have made the playoffs every year. Just like we did every year without him since 2000.

Thing with KP's brother allegedly being an ******* is that all NBA agents are *******s? Think about it, the idea that the Knicks FO was thrown off by KP's brother is hilarious. He was too demanding? Harsh? Agents are one step below roaches. They just have a law degree. Additionally, are the Knicks not able to deal with a diva star player? Their feelings were hurt? That's bodes well for us ever getting one and keeping him. Don't know if most know but most Star players are not made of humble pie.

This whole thing has a couple of simple explanations. Same ones as always. Their names are Mill's and Dolan.

Melo has no issues with Dolan and Mils for 7 years regardless when he and team played great or when he sucked.
KP for some reason became concerned... after year and a half and major injury.
So Melo was OK being in one company with snakes and junkies but KP was above that... Interesting.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  11:50 AM
Look Im over it. I was a big KP fan and defended him quite a bit. As we saw last night he is very dynamic BUT we also saw the flaws that he still has. If he is really happy in Dallas that's fine but I still think e overreacted and took bad advice from his brother who seems like a real dick. Its a shame because if he had been a little more patient things could of really turned around quickly with RJ, Mitch ,Frank, Knox, and whoever else we added. I still feel it was unprofessional the way KP handled it but its over. Yes we are 2-7 but we honestly should probably be 5-4. We don't have a bad team not even close we just have to get more chemistry, keep the ball moving, and the kids continue to grow.
Chandler

11/9/2019  12:09 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:That was not neutral at all.
No insight from KP or third parties not involved.

We all saw KP yesterday.

Do not tell me he would not look great with Frank, and a scoring wing. Knicks needed a scoring wing who was willing to pass and shoot from outside well, to replace Melo's, iso ball. If the Knicks stuck with their original plan to build with KP and kept even guys like Frank and Willy around to keep chemistry going, they would be in a much better place right now.

Melo is not even in the league right now. Phil was spot on to trade him. KP had a right to be upset, but Knicks had every reason to offer him the 5 year MAX the moment they could. Hesitating is what sealed their fate with KP.

this is my thinking too. they wanted KP to trust them on the money, and then he stopped trusted them once he saw them in action. I'll add having a coach make it sound like you're more injured than you are didn't help things given the bolded situation

(5)(5)
The most definitive neutral piece on KP.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy