[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game of Threads: The Mav's vs. The Mav nots.........
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/8/2019  11:38 PM
Please build on this Frank, no more disappearing acts or injuries
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/8/2019  11:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:Please build on this Frank, no more disappearing acts or injuries

Instead of asking Frank to Build on this everyone should be asking Fizdale to build on Frank.

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/8/2019  11:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:Please build on this Frank, no more disappearing acts or injuries

This...that kind of defensive play is actually all NBA without question.

The Future is Bright!
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2019  12:08 AM
Happy for fizz and team. They played 48
(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/9/2019  1:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  1:13 AM
Vmart wrote:

Instead of asking Frank to Build on this everyone should be asking Fizdale to build on Frank.

Fiz can only do so much for him confidence wise. He showed it tonight. It’s completely on him in my opinion. Fiz can tell him to remember this game and talk him up to the media but he can’t decide when Frank wants it.

MS
Member: #724
11/9/2019  8:06 AM
It’s more just keeping the right rotations. Jerking everyone in and out of the lineup isn’t going to work.

Frank prevents the one one one garbage. Randal numerous times didn’t give him the ball because he thinks he’s the point guard. Fiz has to shut that **** down.

It would be nice to see Dotson out there fighting defensively more and I like the defense Gibson brought last night. Problem is too many guys don’t know where to be defensively.

If Frank can maintain his aggressiveness and score 12-14 points a night he can be this teams lead guard going forward.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/9/2019  8:19 AM
Yeah, all we need from Frank is about 12-14 points. His defense will probably prevent the other team from scoring 10-14 points, so it is like Frank is a 24-points per game pg.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2019  8:40 AM
TheGame wrote:Yeah, all we need from Frank is about 12-14 points. His defense will probably prevent the other team from scoring 10-14 points, so it is like Frank is a 24-points per game pg.

From what I have seen for the most part THIS SEASON: “Things are better with Frank on the floor”.
To be fair Payton had a very good effect also but it was small sample. THere is little to celebrate in a 2-7 season but the incremental progress. Not just Frank, but even as maddening as Randle can be he is inconsistent, but that word does emphasize the positive.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/9/2019  9:03 AM
Nalod wrote:
TheGame wrote:Yeah, all we need from Frank is about 12-14 points. His defense will probably prevent the other team from scoring 10-14 points, so it is like Frank is a 24-points per game pg.

From what I have seen for the most part THIS SEASON: “Things are better with Frank on the floor”.
To be fair Payton had a very good effect also but it was small sample. THere is little to celebrate in a 2-7 season but the incremental progress. Not just Frank, but even as maddening as Randle can be he is inconsistent, but that word does emphasize the positive.

Great win.

Must build on it from here. Frank must keep playing well and solidify is role.

If Fiz is a coach for real then this MUST happen.

Things are better with Frank on the court for sure.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2019  10:48 AM
So most know I like Frank and have really wanted him to succeed. Its been a rough couple years but it sure does seem we are seeing him break out and it could be magical. When teams "rebuild" successfully its because a couple of these guys they draft and work on pop, and fingers crossed that we are watching this unfold with Frank.

So that's all cute, but when Frank ran over to RJ and not to console so much but to fire up, keep your chin up, we got this... man, I phucking heart that kid. If you watched the post game you could clearly see Morris's excitement not just for the well earned win but for Frank as well.

The team needs Frank and my god how he's stepped up.

Can we give Fizdale and ounce of credit here? Frank has played the OPPOSITE of tight. The MSG squad were repeatedly saying how coaching staff said go make mistakes. People like to **** on Fizdale and most of the time its been pretty justified, but here's a young player who was in a 3 way PG battle for who could play worse. The others guys cant go, so its all on Frank to shine, and rather than play tight or worry about mistakes we are getting this. The kid has been totally turned loose and he's young and gonna have a stinker here or there but this is the **** we are seeing here guys, and like it or not its happening under Fizdale.

Basketball gods... I have but one prayer: SUSTAIN

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2019  11:37 AM
Still super psyched about last nights game and about Frank’s coming out party. A great way to start a long weekend.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2019  12:06 PM
Imagine if Frank succeeded in throwing that down

We'd be commissioning statues for outside of MSG!

(5)(5)
Vmart
USA
11/9/2019  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  12:07 PM
fishmike wrote:So most know I like Frank and have really wanted him to succeed. Its been a rough couple years but it sure does seem we are seeing him break out and it could be magical. When teams "rebuild" successfully its because a couple of these guys they draft and work on pop, and fingers crossed that we are watching this unfold with Frank.

So that's all cute, but when Frank ran over to RJ and not to console so much but to fire up, keep your chin up, we got this... man, I phucking heart that kid. If you watched the post game you could clearly see Morris's excitement not just for the well earned win but for Frank as well.

Can we give Fizdale and ounce of credit here? Frank has played the OPPOSITE of tight. The MSG squad were repeatedly saying how coaching staff said go make mistakes. People like to **** on Fizdale and most of the time its been pretty justified, but here's a young player who was in a 3 way PG battle for who could play worse. The others guys cant go, so its all on Frank to shine, and rather than play tight or worry about mistakes we are getting this. The kid has been totally turned loose and he's young and gonna have a stinker here or there but this is the **** we are seeing here guys, and like it or not its happening under Fizdale.

You don’t give credit where credit isn’t due. Fizdale has to earn it too. Frank is earning it no thanks to Fizdale. If Fizz can’t see what he has under his damn nose then I have to question his ability to assess and make the necessary moves needed to make the team successful.

We are all in the know that Frank is only out there because of injury and an unfortunate event in DSJ life. Otherwise he is riding the bench talent unseen. You would be say shyt like he isn’t earning it in practice all the BS that comes with not playing.

Franks success is damning for the front office and Fizdale. Front office looking to trade him and Fizdale giving him 18 seconds before the half. So if you’re asking to give credit to Fizdale absolutely no.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  12:23 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:So most know I like Frank and have really wanted him to succeed. Its been a rough couple years but it sure does seem we are seeing him break out and it could be magical. When teams "rebuild" successfully its because a couple of these guys they draft and work on pop, and fingers crossed that we are watching this unfold with Frank.

You don’t give credit where credit isn’t due. Fizdale has to earn it too. Frank is earning it no thanks to Fizdale. If Fizz can’t see what he has under his damn nose then I have to question his ability to assess and make the necessary moves needed to make the team successful.

We are all in the know that Frank is only out there because of injury and an unfortunate event in DSJ life. Otherwise he is riding the bench talent unseen. You would be say shyt like he isn’t earning it in practice all the BS that comes with not playing.

Franks success is damning for the front office and Fizdale. Front office looking to trade him and Fizdale giving him 18 seconds before the half. So if you’re asking to give credit to Fizdale absolutely no.

I do think Fizdale deserves criticism for some of his decisions but as of now he is handling Frank very well, yes I understand not having smith and payton forced his hand BUT I think Fizdale is realizing how important Frank has become not only defensively but keep the offense s a better flow
Vmart
USA
11/9/2019  12:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I do think Fizdale deserves criticism for some of his decisions but as of now he is handling Frank very well, yes I understand not having smith and payton forced his hand BUT I think Fizdale is realizing how important Frank has become not only defensively but keep the offense s a better flow

Only time will tell. Like I said Fizdale has to earn it.

StarksEwing1

11/9/2019  12:38 PM
Vmart wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Only time will tell. Like I said Fizdale has to earn it.

I like Fizdale and I think the players play hard for him. But I agree he needs to improve too. I still want to see a system being implemented which stress ball movement. Its been getting better but I still see a lot of possession of too much ISO or launching three that results in TO's or bad possessions. I do feel Fizdale needs to learn to pull in the reigns a bit and not let everybody have the green light to shoot whenever or wherever. But it is getting better.
CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2019  12:39 PM
Vmart wrote:

He has struggled mightily and looked like he might be out of the league when his rookie deal is up. He wasn’t traded because there wasn’t a market. There wasn’t a conspiracy to keep Frank down. The Knicks picked up his option despite his struggles. Credit Frank for putting in the work and improving. He looked like he could run a team and be the starter. He has come a long way from the player who’s offense was so bad that his minutes impacted other young players’ development.

CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2019  1:47 PM
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/9/2019  1:49 PM

Great game for Frank. Best game in quite some time. His aggreasivness and shooting were at a high level. Definitely played like an elite guard. Although Luca and KP had better scoring numbers he was by far the difference/best player in the game. Reminded me of the LBJ game but with even better offense. Hopefully he continues and uses that same mentality width lesser level PGs

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

11/9/2019  1:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
KP is "tired"
Game of Threads: The Mav's vs. The Mav nots.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy