[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

That was Fiba Frank
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  9:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Great game for frank, I only saw the highlights but the W is what I cared about.

Its a sad situation for frank because once those other 2 guys get back into the fold, He's back looking over his shoulder, and that sucks.

Like he said, consistent minutes, and a define role makes a world of difference.

who are you and what happened to knicks1248? . In all seriousness this is one of your first posts I agree with 100 percent. That’s why Frank has had a lot of support. We felt when they finally gave him time and confidence the results would start to show. Again I have always be fair about Frank. He still has to be consistent on offense but so far this year the aggressiveness and confidence is at the highest point since being drafted
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2019  10:27 AM
spankworthy performance from Frank. We are seeing the guy we all hoped and dreamed of explode in real time. There is nothing we are seeing on defense he cant sustain. In fact he's showing new stuff, like shot blocking. His hands are everywhere. If he's not the QB on defense he's Lawrence Taylor with Morris or Taj pointing out "you go eat that guy Frank."

The passing has always been there and we saw he always got in good rhythm with players he got time with. It just comes down to the offense and we are seeing a lot of good things and some good points made earlier.

Gustov mentioned much of this is surely coming from Frank's improved conditioning and he absolutely looks faster and strong. His skills have CLEARLY improved. He takes that mid range pull up like he took 75,000 times this summer. Also his handle is clearly improved as well. His crossovers are in the NBA PG zone. I mean he's here.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2019  10:31 AM
If he keeps getting better he need not look over his shoulder. There was always going to be a window he’d get an opportunity given that Payton ad DS histories of missing gems. He controls his destiny now.
As for starter or back up its up to Dennis to earn his minutes. No need to get mad a Fiz for something yet to happen. And one can also compliment Fiz for Getting Frank back on the court in this fashion.

Rainman, find time to watch the game. Franks pressure defense sets up turnover and steals by others. You see the game different.
That or trust those that do watch.

Franks ceiling is not known.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/9/2019  10:38 AM
Funny all this shows me is Phil was on the right path with Horny as coach, drafting Frank for KP.
KP with Frank, and now by that time and now, you've got a wing scoring guard that can make some plays.
That would be a great trio to have as a young core.

An all-star stretch the floor and post up big,
Frank, a defensive facilitating guard who had great chemistry with that big
And a star scoring wing/guard (we would have been able to get this player by this point)

What they're doing right now, I do not have a lot of faith in. Frank may not even play a few weeks from now. That's how Fizdale runs his ship.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/9/2019  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  11:14 AM
fishmike wrote:spankworthy performance from Frank. We are seeing the guy we all hoped and dreamed of explode in real time. There is nothing we are seeing on defense he cant sustain. In fact he's showing new stuff, like shot blocking. His hands are everywhere. If he's not the QB on defense he's Lawrence Taylor with Morris or Taj pointing out "you go eat that guy Frank."

The passing has always been there and we saw he always got in good rhythm with players he got time with. It just comes down to the offense and we are seeing a lot of good things and some good points made earlier.

Gustov mentioned much of this is surely coming from Frank's improved conditioning and he absolutely looks faster and strong. His skills have CLEARLY improved. He takes that mid range pull up like he took 75,000 times this summer. Also his handle is clearly improved as well. His crossovers are in the NBA PG zone. I mean he's here.

For the sake of accuracy, said that "part" of the credit should go to Frank's improved conditioning. Its no secret that it was holding him back to some degree. Last night everything came together. Frank had the stamina to keep attacking, late in the game. His aggressiveness went up a notch. Struck the right balance between scoring, and getting others involved.

Believe some of it was playing against KP, and the fact that 2 PGs will be returning to the rotation soon. Frank played with a sense of urgency. That sense of urgency will keep him in the running for starting PG, if we see this every night.

Nalod
USA
11/9/2019  11:16 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Funny all this shows me is Phil was on the right path with Horny as coach, drafting Frank for KP.
KP with Frank, and now by that time and now, you've got a wing scoring guard that can make some plays.

And a star scoring wing/guard (we would have been able to get this player by this point)

What they're doing right now, I do not have a lot of faith in. Frank may not even play a few weeks from now. That's how Fizdale runs his ship.

I thought frank and KP had a nice chemistry on the floor together. The PNR was very telling.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/9/2019  11:21 AM
Nalod wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Funny all this shows me is Phil was on the right path with Horny as coach, drafting Frank for KP.

I thought frank and KP had a nice chemistry on the floor together. The PNR was very telling.

KP was not made for NY period.
He is now where he should be. No pressure, no NY night life and such.
No NY fans and media. NY is not for Latvian farmers...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/9/2019  1:53 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Holy crap. Didn't know that

He was the best all around player on the floor last night. Played like an elite PG. If he keeps this up he deserves the majority of thr PG minutes.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/9/2019  1:57 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Holy crap. Didn't know that

He was the best all around player on the floor last night. Played like an elite PG. If he keeps this up he deserves the majority of thr PG minutes.

he has been playing well this year. Other than the first game and the Sacramento game where he was in foul trouble I have really seen him more confident and aggressive.
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

11/9/2019  2:24 PM
Not my quote, but a good post in response to one of the articles on Frank after the Mav's game...

He really had a freaky game on D last night, and the stats don't tell you everything. He was extremely disruptive and at times, he seemed ubiquitous on the defensive end of the court.

I'm not sure it's physically possible to play 82 games like this if you're playing 36+MPG and being asked to be a traditional PG, so, in a way, the offense Fizdale runs is actually suited for Frank to do what he does best, since he has a lot of opportunity to play off the ball and let others serve as playmaker. Still, I'd like to see him be more aggressive on the offensive end.

You always want players to conserve their energy on the offense end, and in the case of someone who disrupts things on D, he needs some moments to recharge.

Frank was out there playing symbiotic defense like it’s just a part of his DNA. His effort was so natural. It doesn’t sound like a great compliment, but those types of players are rare. You know-the guys who don’t have to think or try to do the most on defense. Draymond, Pippen, and Rodman comes to mind. Just the way they moved on defense. I like this version of Ntilikina..alot. If that J comes along…
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2019  2:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2019  7:29 PM
Doncic and Porzingis shot a combined 5-18 against Frank Last night.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2019  2:36 PM
Nalod wrote:

They did. They looked great Franks rookie year

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/10/2019  1:09 PM
So total blocks on the season:

Mitch: 13
Morris: 7
Frank: 7
Barrett: 3
Portis: 3
Randle: 2
Knox: 1
Taj: 1

Frank has same number of blocks as Portis, Randle, Knox and Taj COMBINED

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/10/2019  5:00 PM
martin wrote:So total blocks on the season:

Mitch: 13
Morris: 7
Frank: 7
Barrett: 3
Portis: 3
Randle: 2
Knox: 1
Taj: 1

Frank has same number of blocks as Portis, Randle, Knox and Taj COMBINED

Thanks for posting...Those are Wade Numbers from the guard spot.

Uptown

11/10/2019  6:12 PM
I only caught the 2nd quarter of the Dallas game live. I was able to watch the entire game on saturday and it was by far, Franks best all around game in a Knicks uniform. He's always been a good instinctive defensive player, but Frank took it to another level!! Multiple efforts on D, disrupting shots and rhythm, cutting off driving lanes, help side defense, steals, deflections, rebounds, blocks...that was an all NBA first team defensive display! Gary Payton esque. His defensive effort is a coaches dream and in fact, I convinced the coaching staff to show the defensive break down of Franks game which is on youtube to our girls so they can see the intensity and multiple efforts on D.

What impressed me the most was his presence on the offensive end. Most times, we tend to play 4 on 5 on offensive end even when Frank is playing great D. Not in Dallas. He took the open shots to keep the defense honest. He even got a little selfish and went one on one several times which was great to see. Frank looked like a different player Friday night;he looked confident. Hopefully, he can build on this and add some consistency to his game. At this point, the PG position is his to lose.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/10/2019  9:57 PM
Frank csme back down to earth. Wasnt playing with the same sense of urgency, the whole team wasnt. Times like that you need the PG to be a catalyst. Frank has to be ready as a starter to be that guy, every night, or he's a backup.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/10/2019  10:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Frank csme back down to earth. Wasnt playing with the same sense of urgency, the whole team wasnt. Times like that you need the PG to be a catalyst. Frank has to be ready as a starter to be that guy, every night, or he's a backup.
He has to get more aggressive. He only took 4 shots. If he misses his first couple of shots, he just stops trying to score. He has got to get out of that habit.
Trust the Process
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/11/2019  7:09 AM
TheGame wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank csme back down to earth. Wasnt playing with the same sense of urgency, the whole team wasnt. Times like that you need the PG to be a catalyst. Frank has to be ready as a starter to be that guy, every night, or he's a backup.
He has to get more aggressive. He only took 4 shots. If he misses his first couple of shots, he just stops trying to score. He has got to get out of that habit.
I don't think that is what happened. I think he just totally deferred to Randle. Really bad. He needs to get out of this habit.
Uptown

11/11/2019  7:47 AM
2 giant steps forward, one giant step backwards...
Nalod
USA
11/11/2019  8:33 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
TheGame wrote:
I don't think that is what happened. I think he just totally deferred to Randle. Really bad. He needs to get out of this habit.

Randle and Morris are the alphas in or starting lineup. If frank is traditional primary ball handler he needs to exhibit leadership. I’m guessing here, but until Fiz hands him the keys and has Franks back he might not have the voice to install/impose his will. Frank sets the offense then runs to the corner. That on Frank? That on Fiz? That on Randle/Morris not allowing it? Seems as if Morris, Portis and Randle tough the the ball they are shooting it a lot. Little kick outs.

Knicks had a hard time with Cav’s speedy back court.

That was Fiba Frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy