[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

11/6/19- New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons Game thread:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/6/2019  10:52 AM
We may be on the road with just 1 win but Detroit is without Blake, Bullock and Rose tonight. Mitch is back in the starting line-up. Losing this game is not an option, or else Fizdale might very well be in the majority of the fans hot seat. Not necessarily mine.... but definitely the majority.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/6/2019  11:08 AM
c'mon boys; you've had a few days to get organized. Strong start; strong finish, and full 48!!
(5)(5)
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2019  11:27 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:We may be on the road with just 1 win but Detroit is without Blake, Bullock and Rose tonight. Mitch is back in the starting line-up. Losing this game is not an option, or else Fizdale might very well be in the majority of the fans hot seat. Not necessarily mine.... but definitely the majority.

So many games where losing wasn't an option, whether because we were close in the final minutes or we were facing a bad team.

Still, this team keeps finding inventive ways to lose.

I'm very down on this team in terms of winning, so Detroit could be using their full G League squad and it would be hard to expect a win.

Still, Go NY!

Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2019  11:27 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:We may be on the road with just 1 win but Detroit is without Blake, Bullock and Rose tonight. Mitch is back in the starting line-up. Losing this game is not an option, or else Fizdale might very well be in the majority of the fans hot seat. Not necessarily mine.... but definitely the majority.

1-6 to start might not put him on the hot seat.
But its hot where he is. food tastes bad, can't sleep and his wife not serviced properly.

Allanfan20
USA
11/6/2019  12:35 PM
Nalod wrote:

1-6 to start might not put him on the hot seat.
But its hot where he is. food tastes bad, can't sleep and his wife not serviced properly.

Yeah. With my OP said, I think the Knicks have this in the bag, so long as they aren’t over-looking the Pistons. IMO, they don’t have the right to over-look anyone all season. Not that any team should have the right but especially the Knicks.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/6/2019  1:31 PM
Efficiency is down for every player on the team except Mitch. Fiz has to grow his game just like the players do and show improvement on the Xs and Os. Show some creativity with the offense, and not just rely on the players own greatness.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler

11/6/2019  1:40 PM
It will all boil down to whether we have an answer for Drummond. Guys is killing it on the boards lately
(5)(5)
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
11/6/2019  1:50 PM
Hopefully the bland game thread title will give us an edge.
Frankie and RJ and Mitch all starting at the same time!

Let's go Knicks, Piss on Detroit!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/6/2019  1:56 PM
Chandler wrote:It will all boil down to whether we have an answer for Drummond. Guys is killing it on the boards lately

It will boil down to whether or not Fix gets ejected early in the first quarter or not. Just joking, we trash. Hopefully Detroit let's down and we can sneak a win.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
11/6/2019  2:00 PM
Not defending or blaming. This team lack of execution is on all of them including the coach. WE see the game thru Clyde and yes, he is "Clyde" but sometimes his observations are reactions and we are tainted to his view.

You can fire Fiz and replace him. Question is does new coach really get player to execute as well? IM just watching and a hoping.

Chandler

11/6/2019  2:13 PM
Nalod wrote:Not defending or blaming. This team lack of execution is on all of them including the coach. WE see the game thru Clyde and yes, he is "Clyde" but sometimes his observations are reactions and we are tainted to his view.

You can fire Fiz and replace him. Question is does new coach really get player to execute as well? IM just watching and a hoping.

Watch how Casey gets more out of less tonight, and then blame our players

Our players have as a general matter played really hard. That is absolutely the lest of our problems, and one of this team's only good traits

Our problems are roster construction, which is FO problem. No shooting, too many PFs etc, guys who will soon start getting selfish on 1 year deals
And horrible schemes. On offense our 1 or 2 best players go ISO giving most of the other team a chance to regroup, and then run us around when they have the ball

what happened to pressing, running and team depth. Another example of the FO and CS saying one thing, and then doing another

Last year we were told we'd get all these two-way players who would pass to create a better shot. DIdn't happen last year; not happening this year.

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
11/6/2019  2:49 PM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not defending or blaming. This team lack of execution is on all of them including the coach. WE see the game thru Clyde and yes, he is "Clyde" but sometimes his observations are reactions and we are tainted to his view.

Our players have as a general matter played really hard. That is absolutely the lest of our problems, and one of this team's only good traits

Our problems are roster construction, which is FO problem. No shooting, too many PFs etc, guys who will soon start getting selfish on 1 year deals
And horrible schemes. On offense our 1 or 2 best players go ISO giving most of the other team a chance to regroup, and then run us around when they have the ball

what happened to pressing, running and team depth. Another example of the FO and CS saying one thing, and then doing another

Last year we were told we'd get all these two-way players who would pass to create a better shot. DIdn't happen last year; not happening this year.

We all have different views. Yes, they play hard and I see them running more plays and a system. I don't see Payton or DSjr. I see frank get in foul trouble and the knicks fall apart. Not saying frank saves them, its just what happened. He should not be starting unless we are tanking and giving him minutes. If that's the case let him shoot with reckless abandon! LOL

Im not interested in Blame. 7 games in does not give me a thing. RJ foul shooting is bad. He is our best player which is a surprise good, but can't hit a foul shot. That's execution. Randle learning to see double and triples. That's execution. Portis is firing away. That's execution. Frank starting, that's circumstantial. Payton is hurt and DSjr injured/family. Im not closing the door on Dennis after 7 games.

Im not watching the game and going on game thread. Firing the coach and buring down the house mid game is just no my idea of fun. I'll turn it off.

Chandler

11/6/2019  2:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:

We all have different views. Yes, they play hard and I see them running more plays and a system. I don't see Payton or DSjr. I see frank get in foul trouble and the knicks fall apart. Not saying frank saves them, its just what happened. He should not be starting unless we are tanking and giving him minutes. If that's the case let him shoot with reckless abandon! LOL

Im not interested in Blame. 7 games in does not give me a thing. RJ foul shooting is bad. He is our best player which is a surprise good, but can't hit a foul shot. That's execution. Randle learning to see double and triples. That's execution. Portis is firing away. That's execution. Frank starting, that's circumstantial. Payton is hurt and DSjr injured/family. Im not closing the door on Dennis after 7 games.

Im not watching the game and going on game thread. Firing the coach and buring down the house mid game is just no my idea of fun. I'll turn it off.

OOps. I apologize. i misread your post. I though you said "effort" not "execution"

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
USA
11/6/2019  3:07 PM
I don’t blame anyone in particular either. If anyone is to blame, it’s everyone including RJ. His poor FT shooting is becoming a detriment to the team! Trouble going right? I get it. Just keep working. Trouble finishing in the far more physical NBA traffic? I can deal with that from a rookie. Having trouble shooting 3s and the mid-range? I prefer you start improving that but I can live with that so long as you show progress eventually.

The free throws are inexplicable though. Whether that’s mental or mechanical, he needs to fix that.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/6/2019  3:09 PM
We still have Randle AND Morris on the floor at the same time...here comes the loss
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/6/2019  3:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:It will all boil down to whether we have an answer for Drummond. Guys is killing it on the boards lately

It will boil down to whether or not Fix gets ejected early in the first quarter or not. Just joking, we trash. Hopefully Detroit let's down and we can sneak a win.

LOL. If he's ejected, I guarantee a Knicks victory. Put it in the books.

A veteran coach would do whatever it takes to have a PG on the floor with Barrett at all times. Not Fiz. :)
With Payton/DSJ/Allen on the shelf, Ntilikina or Trier (I reckon the closest thing to a 4th string PG?) need to be out there. Or it might be time to dip into the G-league roster.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2019  6:56 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Efficiency is down for every player on the team except Mitch. Fiz has to grow his game just like the players do and show improvement on the Xs and Os. Show some creativity with the offense, and not just rely on the players own greatness.

We dont work hard enough as a team to get open looks, which means players have to work harder, makes them less efficient. Xs and Os are important, so is better communication amd teamwork.

ScoreBot
11/6/2019  7:14 PM
Q1 10:20
DET 7 NYK 3
ScoreBot
11/6/2019  7:16 PM
Q1 9:01
DET 9 NYK 5
ScoreBot
11/6/2019  7:18 PM
Q1 7:38
DET 9 NYK 10
11/6/19- New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons Game thread:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy