Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/6/2019  6:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2019  6:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
TLover wrote:First Gasol, then KP, now he’s screwing around with Mitch. This guy is an empty suit who thinks he’s slick but he can’t coach. Calls no real plays and thinks he can just roll the ball on the court.
If we had a real nba coach we would still have KP. He & Mitch were perfect compliments to each other.
So frustrating as a Knicks season ticket holder. Organization is run by baffoons.

putting aside the "star" characterization, Mitch made most of his progress last year when Deandre was on the team. At the moment i suppose his mentor is Taj but i always thought of him more as a 4, and not a tutor for a shot blocking type

Mitch also credited his decreased fouls last year with tips he learned from Kerry Kittles -- who wasn't affiliated with the team.

I don't mind if Fizz benches him, but there has to be a REAL plan for development. He was drafted as the epitome of a development project and to date his best development has come from outside the CS

That's the case for knox as well, and if frank is the epitome of the knicks development, then we should be focus on ready made players, like we did in the 90's

Building a team through FA is a losing proposition in a salary capped league UNLESS you can land bons fide superstars worth more than their MAX or SUPERMAX price tag. With FA you pay market value (generally speaking) and if anything a losing franchise has to pay a premium to get a player to join

We need to draft and develop. If we're not doing that well, the people in charge of drafting and developing need to go

No star FA has ever signed with knicks, not even in the 90's...mostly every good player came via trade

The F/O has had more young players than any front office the knicks have had PERIOD, and they are all well below avg, and not taking any major steps

Mills has assembled not 1 but 2 rosters that produce 17 win season in a 4 yr span. He has assembled rosters that have shattered every losing record (most overall losses in a row, most home losses in a row, most road losses in a row) in knicks 60+ yr history..

He hired an assistant coach to be his head coach, traded for draft bust and didn't even develop them, hired scott perry (a yes man) who has less impact around the league then him, he kept everyone on the coaching staff as if they did a good job last season

Between himself, Perry and Fiz(who all supposed to have great relationship with players around the league),couldn't convince a single star to here them out, and backed up rinks truck, to signed role player.

this franchise has the worst record in the entire NBA since he took over

Your trying to justify his plan or act like he knows what's best for this franchise..

yeak..ok

If it will be any other coach and FO you will have the same post with other names feeling the blanks.
This team have to suck after 20 years moving in opposite direction to the success. And team suck and will suck.
The important thing is what we see not what you want to see.
I see nice group of young talented players who need a lot of work. I see opportunity created and all roads to success opened.
Will the current FO and coach use the opportunity they created or will waste it is to be seen.
You can obviously slam the chess from the board again... but we were there before and here we are...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
11/7/2019  8:36 AM
We are getting blown out by Sacramento & Detroit, that’s a big problem which reflects on the coach. Fire Fiz!!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2019  9:15 AM
TLover wrote:We are getting blown out by Sacramento & Detroit, that’s a big problem which reflects on the coach. Fire Fiz!!

bye fiz, bye perry, bye mills..

3 blind mice in that spinning wheel

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/7/2019  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2019  9:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TLover wrote:We are getting blown out by Sacramento & Detroit, that’s a big problem which reflects on the coach. Fire Fiz!!

bye fiz, bye perry, bye mills..

3 blind mice in that spinning wheel

Will be great relief for you.
But who are the replacements?
Who will take on deplorables?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TLover
USA
11/7/2019  5:30 PM
Ball movement is beautiful & winning basketball. Ettore Messina can bring that to the Knicks.
elmaestro33
Member: #8622

11/7/2019  10:14 PM
What did you guys expect? How could you possibly put this on the Coach???

The roster absolutely sucks (top to bottom) and our best player is a rookie. They don't even come close to measuring up to the Kings or Pistons (even without Blake).

Like past seasons, Fitz shouldn't be evaluated by the W-L column but by player development. The rebuild was set back by 2-3 years with the KP trade.

TLover
USA
11/7/2019  10:54 PM
When you see no real plays called and basically a pickup street basketball game.. you put that on the coach.. Fire Fiz!! But as always it starts with the baffoons at the top - Dolan & Mills
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/8/2019  1:44 AM
TLover wrote:When you see no real plays called and basically a pickup street basketball game.. you put that on the coach.. Fire Fiz!! But as always it starts with the baffoons at the top - Dolan & Mills

We can't just fire Fizdale. We need a backup coach, one who's strong in X's and O's. If that doesn't bring improvement, then we can let Fiz go at the end of the season and slide that backup coach in as the interim. How is asst coach Davis? Any possibility there?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2019  9:29 AM
Im seeing a team running a system. I see a team not able to execute as they are new to it and each other.
I see a team that has three PG's and two are not playing. add it up on any team not called knicks and its problematic to start. We think the PIstons and Kings are pathetic? Both were playoff teams last year. They were road games.
Im not happy by any stretch but Im not bleeding in last years team with this bad start and think firing Fiz is a good thing for now. I might change my mind after 50 or so games.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2019  10:04 AM
Nalod wrote:Im seeing a team running a system. I see a team not able to execute as they are new to it and each other.
I see a team that has three PG's and two are not playing. add it up on any team not called knicks and its problematic to start. We think the PIstons and Kings are pathetic? Both were playoff teams last year. They were road games.
Im not happy by any stretch but Im not bleeding in last years team with this bad start and think firing Fiz is a good thing for now. I might change my mind after 50 or so games.

+100

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
11/8/2019  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2019  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Im seeing a team running a system. I see a team not able to execute as they are new to it and each other.

when were 49 games under 500, then you might change your mind.

You totally believe in half measures, your not the driver who fills his gas tank up once it reaches half a tank, your the guy who waits until the gas light comes on and then put $20 in the tank..

I don't know how you can look at this F/O and coach and think that they can really turn this around, and they haven't given you a single indication that they can..

They make sub par trades that set us back

They lose young franchise players

They hire sub par personnel as far as coaches and trainers.

They can't recruit

They can't build any kind of balance roster even with a sht load of cap space.

They can't even build a roster to win 4 games in a row since derek fisher.

They have been in the bottom of the standing every yr.

And they come on TV and tell fans be patient, we have everything under control..

How many red flags do you need to see bra

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2019  11:28 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

You totally believe in half measures, your not the driver who fills his gas tank up once it reaches half a tank, your the guy who waits until the gas light comes on and then put $20 in the tank..

I don't know how you can look at this F/O and coach and think that they can really turn this around, and they haven't given you a single indication that they can..

They can't make sub par trades that set us back

They can't recruit

They can build any kind of balance roster even with a sht load of cap space.

They cant even build a roster to win 4 games in a row since derek fisher.

And they come on TV and tell fans be patient, we have everything under control..

No denying the past. At some point one puts up a white flag and surrenders.
Sometimes the right moves turn out bad, and sometimes the right move is done at the wrong time.
And it all gets valid in hindsight.
Its not for me to predict the future, but I won't extrapolate a negative past as the road map going forward.

I'll troll you for facts. You try extinguish any hope or enthusiasm to validate your own position.
You often repaint the past aid. You telling me to not root for a better outcome because of that list you made? That's kinda of pathetic on your part. Sometimes the Sky does fall. Until then You see what you want, I'll see what I want.

knicks1248
11/8/2019  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

They make sub par trades that set us back

They can't recruit

They can't build any kind of balance roster even with a sht load of cap space.

They cant even build a roster to win 4 games in a row since derek fisher.

No denying the past. At some point one puts up a white flag and surrenders.
Sometimes the right moves turn out bad, and sometimes the right move is done at the wrong time.
And it all gets valid in hindsight.
Its not for me to predict the future, but I won't extrapolate a negative past as the road map going forward.

I'll troll you for facts. You try extinguish any hope or enthusiasm to validate your own position.
You often repaint the past aid. You telling me to not root for a better outcome because of that list you made? That's kinda of pathetic on your part. Sometimes the Sky does fall. Until then You see what you want, I'll see what I want.

Every game I watch optimistic hoping we win, but hat consistently doesn't happen, and we have to here a new excuse, or the same old one.

Everyone is judged on their past, especially when it comes to your JOB.

That's why there's a 3 strike rule in life, At some point you have to say enough is enough, you have to stop the bleeding.

Fiz basically is having the same rotation issues he had with the grizz, his 1st yr with the knicks, and now his 2nd yr..

If fiz had a proven track record where he had a lot of success as a head coach, then I can look at him different and give him the benefit of any doubt, but when you have little to no success at all as a head coach, and you keep proven that you can't figure it out.. most people get fired, not at MSG, where failure is welcome as long as your a freind

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/8/2019  1:38 PM
Fiz is a assistant-coach with out a coaching-plan.
Fiz taking Gasol out of the starter lineup should have STOPPED his career of ever having a head-coach job in the NBA.
I'm sure over 50 head-coaches turned down the Knicks head-coaching job after Phil Jackson resigned, and the only desperate coach looking for a job were the clueless assistant coach without a plan or system David Fizdale.
Today, the Knicks JOKERS Mills/Perry can not find a experience NBA head-coach willing to replace Fizdale.
After Fizdale's 17 win season, throughout the entire offseason the Knicks front-office couldn't find one of so many unemployed NBA head-coaches to replace or work alongside of Fizdale.
ccch
Member: #3876

11/8/2019  2:04 PM

I never thought they would look and be this bad. It's all on Fitz...it's called the Peter Principle. At this point, I'd take any coach other than Fitz so I don't have to look at his pathetic frowns when something goes wrong.

Kemet

11/8/2019  2:13 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
TLover wrote:First Gasol, then KP, now he’s screwing around with Mitch. This guy is an empty suit who thinks he’s slick but he can’t coach. Calls no real plays and thinks he can just roll the ball on the court.
If we had a real nba coach we would still have KP. He & Mitch were perfect compliments to each other.
So frustrating as a Knicks season ticket holder. Organization is run by baffoons.

putting aside the "star" characterization, Mitch made most of his progress last year when Deandre was on the team. At the moment i suppose his mentor is Taj but i always thought of him more as a 4, and not a tutor for a shot blocking type

Mitch also credited his decreased fouls last year with tips he learned from Kerry Kittles -- who wasn't affiliated with the team.

I don't mind if Fizz benches him, but there has to be a REAL plan for development. He was drafted as the epitome of a development project and to date his best development has come from outside the CS

That's the case for knox as well, and if frank is the epitome of the knicks development, then we should be focus on ready made players, like we did in the 90's

Building a team through FA is a losing proposition in a salary capped league UNLESS you can land bons fide superstars worth more than their MAX or SUPERMAX price tag. With FA you pay market value (generally speaking) and if anything a losing franchise has to pay a premium to get a player to join

We need to draft and develop. If we're not doing that well, the people in charge of drafting and developing need to go

No star FA has ever signed with knicks, not even in the 90's...mostly every good player came via trade

The F/O has had more young players than any front office the knicks have had PERIOD, and they are all well below avg, and not taking any major steps

Mills has assembled not 1 but 2 rosters that produce 17 win season in a 4 yr span. He has assembled rosters that have shattered every losing record (most overall losses in a row, most home losses in a row, most road losses in a row) in knicks 60+ yr history..

He hired an assistant coach to be his head coach, traded for draft bust and didn't even develop them, hired scott perry (a yes man) who has less impact around the league then him, he kept everyone on the coaching staff as if they did a good job last season

Between himself, Perry and Fiz(who all supposed to have great relationship with players around the league),couldn't convince a single star to here them out, and backed up rinks truck, to signed role player.

this franchise has the worst record in the entire NBA since he took over

Your trying to justify his plan or act like he knows what's best for this franchise..

yeak..ok

Blame Mills for Phils work? I know it works for you.
No stars in the 90's? I thought we were good without? We went to the finals twice in the 90's?
What free agents were available that was missed? What was the window of opportunity either by player or by cap?
Grant Hill? Brain Grant? Shaq? the Details of ewings contract? Play a role? Mitumbo? Danny Ainge? Divac? Kerr?
BTW, Allan Houstan was signed as a free agent. At the time he was signed he was young and rising. We almost had Reggie Miller but H20 was far younger. Money aside, Allan was great. Money included, it did not pan out as hoped.

You have the answers 1248 but you don't have facts because you don't know the questions to ask yourself.

You cant blame Phil Jackson for Dolan & Mills players .. Phil Jackson did NOT want to resign Melo! Phil did not want to trade Tyson Chandler! Phil did not want to swap players from his ex-team Chicago Bulls.
Those moves were strictly from Dolan & Mills doing.
In the 1990's the Knicks were a winning team from having head-coach Pat Riley and Pat Riley's assistant coach JVG.

Kemet

11/8/2019  2:19 PM
TLover wrote:When you see no real plays called and basically a pickup street basketball game.. you put that on the coach.. Fire Fiz!! But as always it starts with the baffoons at the top - Dolan & Mills

Thank You !!!
We have 4 clueless people in charge of the Knicks major decision-making and all 4 has made consistent BAFFOON decision !!!

Fiz is a star killer..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy