The Good News is there Are A Bunch of PGs in the draft
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/28/2019  1:41 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:Anthony Edwards dropped 37 on Michigan State today. 33 in the 2nd half on 7-16 from 3. Scoring that many pts against a Tom Izzo team aint easy....BTW, dude is 6'5 225!

Amazing performance, and some of those passes WOW

Knicks do need a player who can break down his defender easily, space floor, and close. Anthony would be perfect

he's who I hope the Knicks get.. watching him it looks like he was a fan of DWade growing up

The Stepien compared him to Wade and Tyreke Evans. He's got a unique build, almost like a taller Marcus Smart. If his outside shot keeps up, you gotta consider him with #1 overall pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/29/2019  3:09 PM
Why do I feel like we will get the number 1 pick and take Wiseman. Lamelo looks like the most skilled player.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/29/2019  6:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2019  7:32 PM
Been watching college basketball holiday tournaments the last couple of days and got a chance to look at some really good prospects...Freshmen get all the publicity and hype and if you are an upperclassman, you are usually ignored or brushed off as a non-prospect. I just watch Markus Howard, a player I've been monitoring since his freshman year, drop 71 pts in 2 games!! 40 yesterday and 51 today on USC! The main knocks on his game is he is undersized @ 5'11 and he's not a pass first pg. With that said, dude is one of the best shooters in the country, if not the best as he has shot over 40% from 3 his whole career.

He reminds me so much of Chris Jackson when he was at LSU. Unlimited range, consistent stroke, can shoot off the dribble, not super athletic but is crafty and get his shot off vs anyone, and can score at all 3 levels-from 3, mid range and at the basket. He is Definitely a guy I would look at at the end of the 1st or early 2nd round.

Heres an old clip from last year...He's definitely from the Curry and Young school of modern lead guards...

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/1/2019  8:25 AM
dacash wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:Anthony Edwards dropped 37 on Michigan State today. 33 in the 2nd half on 7-16 from 3. Scoring that many pts against a Tom Izzo team aint easy....BTW, dude is 6'5 225!

Knicks do need a player who can break down his defender easily, space floor, and close. Anthony would be perfect

he's who I hope the Knicks get.. watching him it looks like he was a fan of DWade growing up

Wow , if rj or him can play the 3 consistently and Frank makes another leap we can dream lol

Edwards, RJ, Frank, Mitch, (whoever) ... just try and stop us.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2019  1:05 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Why do I feel like we will get the number 1 pick and take Wiseman. Lamelo looks like the most skilled player.

Indigestion is also a feeling! curious to see how this draft falls into place.

BigDaddyG

12/1/2019  2:48 PM
anrst wrote:
dacash wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Wow , if rj or him can play the 3 consistently and Frank makes another leap we can dream lol

One thing to watch out for with Edwards is that his shooting percentages are pedestrian. Not as bad as Ball's, but something to note. Let's see how his IQ improves over the course of the season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/1/2019  3:45 PM
Uptown wrote:Been watching college basketball holiday tournaments the last couple of days and got a chance to look at some really good prospects...Freshmen get all the publicity and hype and if you are an upperclassman, you are usually ignored or brushed off as a non-prospect. I just watch Markus Howard, a player I've been monitoring since his freshman year, drop 71 pts in 2 games!! 40 yesterday and 51 today on USC! The main knocks on his game is he is undersized @ 5'11 and he's not a pass first pg. With that said, dude is one of the best shooters in the country, if not the best as he has shot over 40% from 3 his whole career.

He reminds me so much of Chris Jackson when he was at LSU. Unlimited range, consistent stroke, can shoot off the dribble, not super athletic but is crafty and get his shot off vs anyone, and can score at all 3 levels-from 3, mid range and at the basket. He is Definitely a guy I would look at at the end of the 1st or early 2nd round.

Heres an old clip from last year...He's definitely from the Curry and Young school of modern lead guards...

The thing that's tough with little guys like these are their level of athleticism and how it will translate in the next level. He seems slow compared to Trae, but is that because his moves are so smooth and polished. Carsen Edwards is another guy I have similar doubts about, but Carsen is stronger and more explosive.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/13/2019  8:54 AM
Another PG has emerged, Soph Tyrese Haliburton. 6’5 pure passer. He has a funny looking shot but shoots 40% from 3 at a good volume. His follow thru is fine. He’s a very good defender but just so so athlete. Reminds me of what we all hoped frank would become if he had the confidence to be a playmaker. Haliburton would be a player to keep an eye on if we draft in that 5-8 range. Can impact the game without the ball in his hands making him a good long term fit with Barrett.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/15/2019  6:21 PM
Cole Anthony out indefintely with knee injury. Yikes.

Also does Cole not remind anyone of DSJ in college?

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

12/15/2019  6:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:Another PG has emerged, Soph Tyrese Haliburton. 6’5 pure passer. He has a funny looking shot but shoots 40% from 3 at a good volume. His follow thru is fine. He’s a very good defender but just so so athlete. Reminds me of what we all hoped frank would become if he had the confidence to be a playmaker. Haliburton would be a player to keep an eye on if we draft in that 5-8 range. Can impact the game without the ball in his hands making him a good long term fit with Barrett.

He screams too much Jerian Grant for me.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

12/15/2019  6:23 PM
Also Lamelo has been out and will be for 4 weeks and Anthony Edwards put up his second consecutive stinker last night. Prospects aint prospering lately.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
12/15/2019  6:41 PM
TPercy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Another PG has emerged, Soph Tyrese Haliburton. 6’5 pure passer. He has a funny looking shot but shoots 40% from 3 at a good volume. His follow thru is fine. He’s a very good defender but just so so athlete. Reminds me of what we all hoped frank would become if he had the confidence to be a playmaker. Haliburton would be a player to keep an eye on if we draft in that 5-8 range. Can impact the game without the ball in his hands making him a good long term fit with Barrett.

He’s the best passer in college and a good outside shooter. Grant was neither of those things.

Knixkik
USA
12/15/2019  6:42 PM
TPercy wrote:Cole Anthony out indefintely with knee injury. Yikes.

I agree. He’s a little like DSJ.

Uptown

12/15/2019  8:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:

He’s the best passer in college and a good outside shooter. Grant was neither of those things.

This!! He plays nothing like Grant. Haliburton is a high IQ player, and can do a little bit of everything. Besides passing, the best part of his game is the fact that he rarely turns the ball over. He is a winner.

Uptown

12/15/2019  8:34 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Cole Anthony out indefintely with knee injury. Yikes.

I agree. He’s a little like DSJ.

He's better than Dennis was in high school and in college so far from what I saw. The biggest difference is between the ears. Cole is not a sulker, and is mentally stronger than Dennis. Plus, he has a great support group starting with his dad who is a former NBA player.

Uptown

12/15/2019  8:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
anrst wrote:
dacash wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

One thing to watch out for with Edwards is that his shooting percentages are pedestrian. Not as bad as Ball's, but something to note. Let's see how his IQ improves over the course of the season.

Trae Youngs numbers weren't good either....Young shot 42% from the field and 36% from 3....Donovan Mitchell shot 42% from the field and 33% from 3. Its a different game in college as these players are facing zones, box and 1's and other junk defenses because they are the main offensive focus of their team. The game will open up in the NBA for Edwards, just like it did for Mitchell and Young. Edwards is the real deal!

TPercy

12/15/2019  9:48 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:

This!! He plays nothing like Grant. Haliburton is a high IQ player, and can do a little bit of everything. Besides passing, the best part of his game is the fact that he rarely turns the ball over. He is a winner.

This is word for word what they said about Grant coming out of college.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
12/15/2019  10:12 PM
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:

This is word for word what they said about Grant coming out of college.

Haliburton does more than a little bit of everything. Again , best passer in college basketball. Nothing like Grant.
TPercy

12/15/2019  10:36 PM

if not Jerian Grant then Lonzo ball?
Both pass first guards with great on ball defensive ability who shot the ball really well from 3 in college shooting at similar rates. More importantly they both have an ugly jumpshot. Bad thing for Tyrese is that Lonzo had to tweak his jumper from the ground up. Just not sold on him, not to mention hes so slow and dosen't have any herk or jerk to make up for it.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
12/15/2019  10:43 PM
TPercy wrote:
if not Jerian Grant then Lonzo ball?
Both pass first guards with great on ball defensive ability who shot the ball really well from 3 in college shooting at similar rates. More importantly they both have an ugly jumpshot. Bad thing for Tyrese is that Lonzo had to tweak his jumper from the ground up. Just not sold on him, not to mention hes so slow and dosen't have any herk or jerk to make up for it.

Lonzo had a bad jumper from the start and was a terrible free throw shooter. Haliburton has an ugly shot but good follow thru and is much more capable. If you want to call him a better shooting Lonzo then I can buy that. I think that’s a reasonable comp.

The Good News is there Are A Bunch of PGs in the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy