Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2019  9:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:the bad news is this draft sucks. Ball brings his dad with him.. and we thought Janis was bad. My favorite PG is Cole Anthony. His comp on NBA draft net is Austin Rivers . I love watching Nico but his size reminds me of Shane Larkin . Killian Hayes: do we really want another French PG?
now.. but this time last year RJ was the projected #1 pick and nobody knew who Ja was. LaMelo looks like a great fit to be honest but yea... I want no part of Lavaar barking after every game to the NY media. Thats a non-starter.

while true it was evident RJ could ball. HE slipped because Zion and Ja had unreal years. RJ didn't stink those guys just went supernova. And, for the record, I said all year last year I wanted RJ and not getting the #1 overall would be a blessing in disguise (imho I think Zion is going to have a shorter than desired career)

but back to the point: the reason it looks like there are so many points is because none of em really sparkle

If it's any consolation, most of those draftnet's comparisons turn out to be trash when you look at them years later. I really don't see Rivers in an Anthony's game except they are lightskin and like to score. That comparison could easily CJ McCollum or Jarred Bayless. My only hesitancy surrounding Cole is I'm not sure he's a pure PG. We'll see. Lavar scares me, but LaMelo's talent is evident and we need talent. Lavar has been less vocal than in recent years, so we'll see.

Mannion doesn’t have big upside but looks like the purest PG with a good jumper and good skills. Not physically gifted but could be a poor mans Trae Young.

AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/4/2019  11:30 PM
F. Vanvleet is a UFA and may be the guy to keep an eye on this upcoming offseason.
Knixkik
USA
11/5/2019  12:02 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:F. Vanvleet is a UFA and may be the guy to keep an eye on this upcoming offseason.

Yeah he would be a great fit but I doubt Toronto let’s him go unless someone throws a ridiculous contract his way.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/5/2019  9:48 AM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:the bad news is this draft sucks. Ball brings his dad with him.. and we thought Janis was bad. My favorite PG is Cole Anthony. His comp on NBA draft net is Austin Rivers . I love watching Nico but his size reminds me of Shane Larkin . Killian Hayes: do we really want another French PG?
now.. but this time last year RJ was the projected #1 pick and nobody knew who Ja was. LaMelo looks like a great fit to be honest but yea... I want no part of Lavaar barking after every game to the NY media. Thats a non-starter.

ditto

fold in Lonzo at 2; lots of hype -- next Magic or Kidd -- but???

Frankly, i would focus on just getting the best player and not think too much about need. (see Clyde Drexler and MJ -- Portland picked Bowie because they had just picked Drexler the year before, passing on MJ)

We need a new CS and FO more than a pg, and i say this because there's no a pg alive who could save this current situation.

I guess I kinda fall somewhere in between here. I think James Wiseman should probably be the #1 pick. You could make an argument for Anthony Edwards though. And seeing as how we have more bigs than guards I would probably take Edwards (as of today though a lot can change). I also have interest in Isaiah Stewart (but not so much in players that play at Washington). Yes, we need a PG but I think all those guys are better prospects than the PGs, though there is time to change my mind.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2019  10:16 AM
Take the best player available. If redundant we trade the redundancy either alone or in package with another player or pick.
We have pieces that are trade worthy or will be.
If need be we trade for picks. If need be we trade for need.
At this rate we can assume a likey top 5th or 6th pick. Could be first? or lower. LIfe is uncertain. We draft. Sometimes they are LeBron, or Anthony Bennet, Greg Oden, or Len Bias.
Swishfm3
11/5/2019  1:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:F. Vanvleet is a UFA and may be the guy to keep an eye on this upcoming offseason.

Yeah he would be a great fit but I doubt Toronto let’s him go unless someone throws a ridiculous contract his way.

I don't see Raptors letting him go as well. wishful thinking. Our luck, the Knicks sign K.Lowly to a big contract

houston20
Member: #8797

11/5/2019  1:27 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I don't see Raptors letting him go as well. wishful thinking. Our luck, the Knicks sign K.Lowly to a big contract

Vanfleet is undersized shooting guard not a point guard.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2019  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2019  2:59 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/10/30/nba-mock-draft-anthony-edwards-lamelo-ball?

2. Knicks — LaMelo Ball, G, Illawarra Hawks
Height: 6’6” | Weight: 180 | Age: 18

If you cut through all the hype and off-court drama that’s surrounded his family, Ball, in a vacuum, possesses a wealth of attractive on-court traits. His size, playmaking feel, jump shooting potential, and capacity to play uptempo gives him a chance to be a high-impact player at the NBA level, with a logical pathway to augmenting a team’s offense with his unique skill set. In a best-case scenario, Ball could become a productive lead guard, with potential to serve as the engine for a high-powered offense as his pull-up game continues to improve. His play, predictably, has been up and down in Australia so far, and accounting for his age, that’s to be expected—the simple fact he’s been productive, and a key part of his team’s offense, means something in itself. Safe to say, teams are monitoring him quite closely, and a respectable body of work in the NBL may legitimize his case as a top selection.

The biggest impediment Ball will face moving forward comes from his lack of plus strength and explosiveness. He’s been able to compensate to this point with a shifty handle and his ability to change speeds, and while his size helps a great deal, Ball still has a ways to go to fully account for his weaknesses at the highest level. Defensively, he might be a sieve. And while fun to watch, it’s unclear how much his freewheeling style of play contributes to winning basketball in a vacuum. Like his older brother Lonzo, LaMelo might project best as an above-average supporting player, rather than as a star who can prop up a successful team by way of his own ability. If we’re comparing the two, LaMelo is a much more scoring-oriented guard, with a natural level of comfort attacking off the dribble and playing in tight spaces that his brother still lacks on some level.

Safe to say, the Knicks’ point guard situation has been one of the more depressing revolving doors in the league for years, and based on their current trajectory, they should have options picking early in the draft.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Swishfm3
11/5/2019  5:22 PM
houston20 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Vanfleet is undersized shooting guard not a point guard.

I'll take the undersized SG who (only 6 games, I know) has shown he can organize an offense and is currently averaging 7 assists per game.

Knixkik
USA
11/6/2019  9:57 AM
I saw Maxey last night. What a beast. Great range, quickness, and killer instinct. Not a true PG but a combo guard. I think alongside Barrett he would be a nice fit. Plays hard on both ends. Probably goes in the 4-7 range so should be attainable. He seems like one of those guys (similar to Barrett) that doesn't get rattled and performs when the lights are brightest, and wants to take over. We need more of those guys.
magicTs
Member: #5564

11/6/2019  9:27 PM
Cole Anthony just scored more points than any Tar Heel debutant in history. 34 pts including 23 in the 2nd half. He also has 11 rebounds and 5 assists. Encouraging start to say the least!
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2019  10:57 PM
magicTs wrote:Cole Anthony just scored more points than any Tar Heel debutant in history. 34 pts including 23 in the 2nd half. He also has 11 rebounds and 5 assists. Encouraging start to say the least!

Some really good guards this year. Being really bad another year might not be so terrible if we can grab one of these guys.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/6/2019  11:30 PM
Cole was insane.

Cole Anthony
RJ Barrett
Morris(resign)
Randle
Robinson

Frank/Payton/FA
Trier
Knox
Portis
Mason Plumlee

35-40 wins

Cole Anthony
RJ Barrett
Giannis
Blake Griffin
Robinson

Chris Paul
2021 1st pick
Knox
2021 1st pick
Mason Plumlee

Knicks 2021-2022 NBA champions. Too easy.

The Future is Bright!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/7/2019  6:13 AM
Here is the lead guard we need to target in this years draft if we have the opportunity...

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/7/2019  8:06 AM
Uptown wrote:Here is the lead guard we need to target in this years draft if we have the opportunity...

He does not look to have much explosive athleticism, but damn can he shoot. I still think Ball and Edwards better prospects, but we need someone who can score and defend at the position.

Trust the Process
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2019  11:14 AM
Uptown wrote:Here is the lead guard we need to target in this years draft if we have the opportunity...

whoa, plus he has awesome goggles

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2019  11:37 AM
martin wrote:

whoa, plus he has awesome goggles

channeling Fizzdale?!?

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/7/2019  11:39 AM
TheGame wrote:

He does not look to have much explosive athleticism, but damn can he shoot. I still think Ball and Edwards better prospects, but we need someone who can score and defend at the position.

The real reason to want him IMO is that his dad was Greg Anthony and I am willing to bet that how Cole Anthony will handle NYC will remind everyone of Eli Manning

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2019  12:49 PM
TheGame wrote:

Cole is a very good athlete for his position. He is just smooth offensively. His dad is a former pro and he has trained with pros. He's just advanced and it makes him look like he's going in slow motion at times. But the boy can get up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
11/7/2019  1:00 PM
I realized Cole is older than Barrett. It would be amazing if Barrett was a freshman right now with the things he's doing.
The Good News is there Are A Bunch of PGs in the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy