[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Good News is there Are A Bunch of PGs in the draft
Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
11/4/2019  2:39 AM
I still hope this team can get to 25-30 wins but if by the 20 game mark we are like 3-17 or something like that, it will be time to start focusing on tanking. It is still early but of the ten top prospects on NBAdraft.net, six are PGs. We clearly need a pg to make this team go and RJ is better focusing on scoring more so than running the offense. Anthony Edwards and LeMelo Ball are the top two but guys like Cole Anthony and RJ Hampton have potential too. Ball would be ideal as he can do everything but in any case, we should finally be able to draft a pg to take over the position longterm.

Let me be the first to say: Tank for Ball!!

Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/4/2019  6:05 AM
You don’t have to try to tank when you are the tank itself.
Knicks_Fan
blkexec
Member: #748
11/4/2019  7:08 AM
Knicksfan wrote:You don’t have to try to tank when you are the tank itself.

Hard to argue with this. Maybe expectations will continue to drop and we eventually build a solid foundation around the yoots. These vets we signed will not cut it. This is why everybody is on 1 year deals. So we can hit the reset button again, until we get it right. Seems like everybody free agent that's not a superstar, puts on a knick jersey. their production drops. Is it the legacy pressure or mecca of basketball culture?

What happened to Randal.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2019  8:12 AM
A PG is fine as long as it’s one that can shoot. I can’t take watching another PG with a hitch and/or no confidence firing up long 2s.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/4/2019  9:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  9:42 AM
the bad news is this draft sucks. Ball brings his dad with him.. and we thought Janis was bad. My favorite PG is Cole Anthony. His comp on NBA draft net is Austin Rivers . I love watching Nico but his size reminds me of Shane Larkin . Killian Hayes: do we really want another French PG?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/4/2019  9:45 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:the bad news is this draft sucks. Ball brings his dad with him.. and we thought Janis was bad. My favorite PG is Cole Anthony. His comp on NBA draft net is Austin Rivers . I love watching Nico but his size reminds me of Shane Larkin . Killian Hayes: do we really want another French PG?
now.. but this time last year RJ was the projected #1 pick and nobody knew who Ja was. LaMelo looks like a great fit to be honest but yea... I want no part of Lavaar barking after every game to the NY media. Thats a non-starter.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/4/2019  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  10:01 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:the bad news is this draft sucks. Ball brings his dad with him.. and we thought Janis was bad. My favorite PG is Cole Anthony. His comp on NBA draft net is Austin Rivers . I love watching Nico but his size reminds me of Shane Larkin . Killian Hayes: do we really want another French PG?
now.. but this time last year RJ was the projected #1 pick and nobody knew who Ja was. LaMelo looks like a great fit to be honest but yea... I want no part of Lavaar barking after every game to the NY media. Thats a non-starter.

ditto

fold in Lonzo at 2; lots of hype -- next Magic or Kidd -- but???

Frankly, i would focus on just getting the best player and not think too much about need. (see Clyde Drexler and MJ -- Portland picked Bowie because they had just picked Drexler the year before, passing on MJ)

We need a new CS and FO more than a pg, and i say this because there's no a pg alive who could save this current situation.

(5)(5)
houston20
Member: #8797

11/4/2019  11:15 AM
fishmike wrote:

I don't want lavar ball near the knicks his other son can go take his drama somewhere else like cleveland no big market team is going to take the ball kid, he probably drops in this draft because of his drama. The problem with these point guards cole anthony, nico, killian hayes they are all raw point guards that are going to take years to develop.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2019  12:38 PM
Hadn't played a college game yet, so no hype.
Year ago Ja Morant was not on the big radar. If LaMelo is the real deal I don't care about his dad. same for Janis.
It on the court that matters.
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/4/2019  12:44 PM
I've been hype on Lamelo Ball but man his defense is near nonexistent, not sure if I'd want that.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/4/2019  12:46 PM
He does fit litterally every other requisite to a T tho..(great size at PG, can shoot, great passing instincts) but no defense.
The Future is Bright!
houston20
Member: #8797

11/4/2019  12:50 PM
TPercy wrote:He does fit litterally every other requisite to a T tho..(great size at PG, can shoot, great passing instincts) but no defense.

Ball is going to fall because of his stupid father and his drama he is not worth the risk in nyc. The other ball brother screwed up with lakers because he had to much drama.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2019  1:23 PM
I say bring them both there. LaMelo and Lonzo. We'll have a set of Balls.
We can "dangle" them in trades.
Clyde can have a great time with it.
"Bragging an"Sagging" on defense.....
"relating and penetrating"
The Brothers are "Besties and Testes"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2019  1:39 PM
TPercy wrote:He does fit litterally every other requisite to a T tho..(great size at PG, can shoot, great passing instincts) but no defense.

Can Ball really shoot ? He’s very erratic from 3pt.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2019  1:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Can Ball really shoot ? He’s very erratic from 3pt.

I've read his defensive effort has improved overseas. I don't watch his clips, but his shooting percentages don't seem as bad as I feared.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

11/4/2019  1:53 PM
fishmike wrote:

while true it was evident RJ could ball. HE slipped because Zion and Ja had unreal years. RJ didn't stink those guys just went supernova. And, for the record, I said all year last year I wanted RJ and not getting the #1 overall would be a blessing in disguise (imho I think Zion is going to have a shorter than desired career)

but back to the point: the reason it looks like there are so many points is because none of em really sparkle

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2019  3:27 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

while true it was evident RJ could ball. HE slipped because Zion and Ja had unreal years. RJ didn't stink those guys just went supernova. And, for the record, I said all year last year I wanted RJ and not getting the #1 overall would be a blessing in disguise (imho I think Zion is going to have a shorter than desired career)

but back to the point: the reason it looks like there are so many points is because none of em really sparkle

If it's any consolation, most of those draftnet's comparisons turn out to be trash when you look at them years later. I really don't see Rivers in an Anthony's game except they are lightskin and like to score. That comparison could easily CJ McCollum or Jarred Bayless. My only hesitancy surrounding Cole is I'm not sure he's a pure PG. We'll see. Lavar scares me, but LaMelo's talent is evident and we need talent. Lavar has been less vocal than in recent years, so we'll see.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/4/2019  3:45 PM
Tanking is an excuse for fans to justify watching losing basketball while team rebuilding and expecting team to win many games.
At this times the only point of watching the game is to see the prospects and team grows.
The winning is irrelevant and is consequential bonus.
Team with a couple of intriguing young prospects and reclamation projects cannot win much in top professional league.
As far as draft quality this is a conversation for April 1st... Otherwise you are risking to be an April fool all year long..
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SupremeCommander

11/4/2019  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  4:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

If it's any consolation, most of those draftnet's comparisons turn out to be trash when you look at them years later. I really don't see Rivers in an Anthony's game except they are lightskin and like to score. That comparison could easily CJ McCollum or Jarred Bayless. My only hesitancy surrounding Cole is I'm not sure he's a pure PG. We'll see. Lavar scares me, but LaMelo's talent is evident and we need talent. Lavar has been less vocal than in recent years, so we'll see.

It's true that he is the most talented Ball. It's true that we have little talent. That said, the only way I'd sign him is that if his dad signed an NDA and the criteria was he wasn't allowed to talk about anything closely relating to the Knicks. If he declined I don't think this Ball is so great that we would regret it later. I know his dad made all these decisions but all I see is someone willing to take every imaginable shortcut. That said, I would probably draft him knowing that I would cut him during his rookie season if he became a pain in the ass and I'd tell it to him.. that has a lot to do with how little i think of this year's draft

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/4/2019  4:05 PM
arkrud wrote:Tanking is an excuse for fans to justify watching losing basketball while team rebuilding and expecting team to win many games.
At this times the only point of watching the game is to see the prospects and team grows.
The winning is irrelevant and is consequential bonus.
Team with a couple of intriguing young prospects and reclamation projects cannot win much in top professional league.
As far as draft quality this is a conversation for April 1st... Otherwise you are risking to be an April fool all year long..

When I say tank, what I really mean is changing the strategy to building assets. That does not mean trying to lose games. It just means trading guys like Morris, Portis, and Ellington who all have trade value and getting draft Picks and then playing guys like iggy and Dotson. I will never condone not playing hard but at some point you have to face reality and focus on the future. I think Ball or Edwards could take this team to the next level. We will have to see how the NCAA tournament plays out but there should be at least 1 or 2 pgs in top 5

Trust the Process
The Good News is there Are A Bunch of PGs in the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy