[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Knick wont kneel for a King! Show them how we do in the East Coast! Game Thread
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
11/4/2019  8:01 AM
TheGame wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:The knicks need a real coach I’d call Tom thibs the guy should still be coaching it’s not his fault he had a duche in j Butler get him fired...

We need a coach that teaches defensive toughness and intensity and set plays on offense when the team is in half court..

Randle looks pissed with the free style fiz is doing on offense. he’s not getting plays run for him they’re giving him the ball like he’s a point guard instead of getting him easy open looks... this team needs a drill sergeant not a buddy.

Fire Fiz

Agreed. They have to start running set plays for Randle. He was brought here to score, not play point guard. The problem is we don't have a PG to actually run the offense.

Is it that OR there is no offense to run?

ISO offense is not exactly nuclear physics.

AUTOADVERT
BillTheButcher
Member: #6326

11/4/2019  8:10 AM
Fiz is a joke of a coach , team needs structure and a system these 2 things establish the discipline needed to win when players know their roles and are held to account. At least RJ had 22 & 5 only reason I got NBA league pass to watch him, once he improves his FTs he will be so much better he leaves like 6-10 points at the stripe every game.
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/4/2019  8:50 AM
Kings were +10 on the boards. Look at that lineup and look at ours including Gibson's DNP and ask how is that possible.

Not sure why everyone is so surprised about Randle. There is no AD drawing double teams. He's a very good player and can contribute but we should also be realistic AND opportunistic

We could have had Casey or Budenholzer or even Clifford

But for a heroic performance by Portis we would be winless

Pre-season I predicted as many wins as the Pels last year.

Absent a coaching change i am predicting 20-22 and a LOT of dissent as player's next payday is on the line (tough to get buy in an sacrifice, when stats are what get you paid)

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/4/2019  10:44 AM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Right now, I would call Mark Jackson for head coach and bring JVG as his assistant coach

ew

ew on Action Jackson or JVG?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2019  10:47 AM
Chandler wrote:Kings were +10 on the boards. Look at that lineup and look at ours including Gibson's DNP and ask how is that possible.

Not sure why everyone is so surprised about Randle. There is no AD drawing double teams. He's a very good player and can contribute but we should also be realistic AND opportunistic

Absent a coaching change i am predicting 20-22 and a LOT of dissent as player's next payday is on the line (tough to get buy in an sacrifice, when stats are what get you paid)

Coach Bud was not turning down an opportunity to coach Giannis to come here when the reason he left ATL was because he didn't want to rebuild.

Chandler

11/4/2019  11:13 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Kings were +10 on the boards. Look at that lineup and look at ours including Gibson's DNP and ask how is that possible.

Coach Bud was not turning down an opportunity to coach Giannis to come here when the reason he left ATL was because he didn't want to rebuild.

you may be right but others reported to the contrary

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/4/23/17270426/report-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-would-really-like-to-join-the-knicks

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772035-knicks-rumors-mike-budenholzer-genuinely-interested-in-head-coaching-job
"New York's his top choice," an NBA source told Berman. "If they offered him the job, he'd say yes. He wants to live in New York."

Then there's the fact that he interviewed with the Knicks, and didn't accept the Bucks, until after the Knicks hired Fizz

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/4/2019  12:07 PM
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/4/23/17270426/report-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-would-really-like-to-join-the-knicks

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772035-knicks-rumors-mike-budenholzer-genuinely-interested-in-head-coaching-job
"New York's his top choice," an NBA source told Berman. "If they offered him the job, he'd say yes. He wants to live in New York."

Then there's the fact that he interviewed with the Knicks, and didn't accept the Bucks, until after the Knicks hired Fizz

Yep, that's how I remember it- he was desperate to come here, I was desperate for us to hire him but they went with Fiz. Such a blunder- a winning coach in his prime and we decided 'nah, let's go with the coach with less experience and success'.

We seem to be obsessed with hiring guys with next to no experience with their job- GMs, coaches, just an endless parade of us trying to be too smart.

However I'm still not on the fire Fiz train because the new coach has no chance - the roster just doesn't fit, we have no point guards and we're stuck for 2 seasons (no good free agents next offseason). I'm hopeful after we've added this year's top pick and then dallas's and our own the following year, but it's going to be slog to put up with this trash for 2 years.

Chandler

11/4/2019  12:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yep, that's how I remember it- he was desperate to come here, I was desperate for us to hire him but they went with Fiz. Such a blunder- a winning coach in his prime and we decided 'nah, let's go with the coach with less experience and success'.

We seem to be obsessed with hiring guys with next to no experience with their job- GMs, coaches, just an endless parade of us trying to be too smart.

However I'm still not on the fire Fiz train because the new coach has no chance - the roster just doesn't fit, we have no point guards and we're stuck for 2 seasons (no good free agents next offseason). I'm hopeful after we've added this year's top pick and then dallas's and our own the following year, but it's going to be slog to put up with this trash for 2 years.

the only positive I can muster with the FO is they have drafted well IMO. So it will be nice to see what they can do with those picks

I don't think Fizz is a good coach by any stretch, and that decision is on them. Will set us back 2 years.

Even if they had doubts about Budenholzer (not sure what they would be) Casey is a damn good coach too

(5)(5)
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/4/2019  4:00 PM
Budenholzer is a basketball lifer. Steve Clifford too. Kenny Atkinson too.

That is type of coach NY needs. They are the ones who can be successful.

Fizdale is a charlatan, IMO. He has shown ZERO ability to run a system offensively, The team still cannot defend as a team. Its sad really.

Chandler

11/4/2019  4:22 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Budenholzer is a basketball lifer. Steve Clifford too. Kenny Atkinson too.

Fizdale is a charlatan, IMO. He has shown ZERO ability to run a system offensively, The team still cannot defend as a team. Its sad really.

Casey is also a lifer.

As i mentioned in another post, many WINNING TEAMS have shifted gears from winning coaches to their betterment; GS dumped Mark Jackson and added close to 20 wins which was incredibly difficult since they were already good; Toronto dumped Casey after coach of the year honors and won a title with a rookie coach; Clevland dumped a coach and won a title. And those were good coaches.

Our FO should at least have seen enough to be ramping up due diligence on candidates

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/4/2019  6:00 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Budenholzer is a basketball lifer. Steve Clifford too. Kenny Atkinson too.

I was really hoping we would have signed Kenny Atkinson. He is a very good coach
A Knick wont kneel for a King! Show them how we do in the East Coast! Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy