[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Knick wont kneel for a King! Show them how we do in the East Coast! Game Thread
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/3/2019  8:49 PM
Do we call the Warriors about Deangelo Russel?
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:There literally is no system. No set plays. Look it’s obvious Fiz is not an X’s and O’s Type coach but he needs to start implementing some type of system. He also gives everyone the green light to just launch threes. It’s really gotta stop

You know how insne that sounds. He isn't an X's and O's coach. Thats a big part of the job. Tell me what he does well talk like he knows what he is doing and ****s all over the Basketball court. Guy is all mouth

Are you saying I’m insane lol? I think we are both in agreement about him

No I agree with you but how crazy is it to say your NBA coach isn't an X's and O's guy? I mean knowing how to design an offense and defense is a big part of the job. Does Fizdale think he is going to agree with these guys on social matters all the way to the finals?

Remember hearing the same about Byron Scott when it came to Xs and Os, no real set plays. Some posters are down on Mitch this season. Dont see P&Rs, dont even know if Fizdale wants to see it, its so rare on this squad.

If we had a dynamic PG to push the tempo, score, this style of play might work. We dont right now, so we need to adjust. Dont see adjustments.

Pretty much...on two straight possessions, Fox created offense for his team. He blew by his man, collapsed the D, and kicked it out for an open 3 by Hield. Next possession, Fox blew by his man again, drew a defender and dropped it off for a dunk.

Of course Fiz has to take a lot of the blame, but this is a players league. Randle has been a disappointment so far...Ellington has been useless...We still dont have any shooters other than Knox, we get zero dribble penetration so we rarely create open looks for each other...Other than Mitch, we have zero rim protectors...I can go on.

Its almost like this team was sloppily put together with no thought

I do think there was some thought. The 1 year deals tell me that this team will look different in february. Hopefully Morris and a few others can land us some draft picks, and maybe a young player who isn't getting much time.

I don't see it. How many good teams have 15 million in dead weight on their roster? Maybe Marcus Morris for Dante Exum.

There will be an arms race at the trade deadline out west making Marcus Morris a valuable piece.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:There literally is no system. No set plays. Look it’s obvious Fiz is not an X’s and O’s Type coach but he needs to start implementing some type of system. He also gives everyone the green light to just launch threes. It’s really gotta stop

You know how insne that sounds. He isn't an X's and O's coach. Thats a big part of the job. Tell me what he does well talk like he knows what he is doing and ****s all over the Basketball court. Guy is all mouth

No I agree with you but how crazy is it to say your NBA coach isn't an X's and O's guy? I mean knowing how to design an offense and defense is a big part of the job. Does Fizdale think he is going to agree with these guys on social matters all the way to the finals?

Remember hearing the same about Byron Scott when it came to Xs and Os, no real set plays. Some posters are down on Mitch this season. Dont see P&Rs, dont even know if Fizdale wants to see it, its so rare on this squad.

If we had a dynamic PG to push the tempo, score, this style of play might work. We dont right now, so we need to adjust. Dont see adjustments.

Pretty much...on two straight possessions, Fox created offense for his team. He blew by his man, collapsed the D, and kicked it out for an open 3 by Hield. Next possession, Fox blew by his man again, drew a defender and dropped it off for a dunk.

Of course Fiz has to take a lot of the blame, but this is a players league. Randle has been a disappointment so far...Ellington has been useless...We still dont have any shooters other than Knox, we get zero dribble penetration so we rarely create open looks for each other...we dont have many ball movers...Other than Mitch, we have zero rim protectors...I can go on.

I get that, problem is the strategy doesnt reflect the personel IMO. Like to see us work harder at putting the other team in foul trouble, make the other team work harder on D with screens. Wear them out with a deep bench.

I get what you are saying. I would like to see Fiz incorporate more PNR's with Mitch. (As I'm typing this, RJ throws an oop to Mitch). Thats his strength.
We are kind of limited because we do not have any floor spacers so the paint it congested. With that said, our best strategy would be to push tempo to beat the defense down the floor before they can set up. RJ and Randle will flourish in an uptempo style of play. The problem is Morris trots and Frank doesn't push the ball....

In the half court, Randle and Morris's strength is from the elbows down, or 15 feet and in so flex screens on the baseline to get some quick post ups can work. Problem with that, Randle is about 6'6 and has trouble at times getting off against longer athletes which is why he faces up all the time. Morris is more of an iso player and mid post player who can hit the 3's if open. Frank is a big guard and would love to see him post up the opposition but that's just not a part of his game.

Catching alley-oops is Mitch's strength. Setting a pick is not. He is god awful at PnR

True...and he's even worse trying to guard the PNR...

Mitch didnt play college ball, late bloomer. Needs reps to become proficient. Doesnt look like players are working on it, they should be. Should be able to mix things up, be less predictable.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2019  8:50 PM
The knicks need a real coach I’d call Tom thibs the guy should still be coaching it’s not his fault he had a duche in j Butler get him fired...

We need a coach that teaches defensive toughness and intensity and set plays on offense when the team is in half court..

Randle looks pissed with the free style fiz is doing on offense. he’s not getting plays run for him they’re giving him the ball like he’s a point guard instead of getting him easy open looks... this team needs a drill sergeant not a buddy.

Fire Fiz

Uptown

11/3/2019  8:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Of course Fiz has to take a lot of the blame, but this is a players league. Randle has been a disappointment so far...Ellington has been useless...We still dont have any shooters other than Knox, we get zero dribble penetration so we rarely create open looks for each other...we dont have many ball movers...Other than Mitch, we have zero rim protectors...I can go on.

I get that, problem is the strategy doesnt reflect the personel IMO. Like to see us work harder at putting the other team in foul trouble, make the other team work harder on D with screens. Wear them out with a deep bench.

I get what you are saying. I would like to see Fiz incorporate more PNR's with Mitch. (As I'm typing this, RJ throws an oop to Mitch). Thats his strength.
We are kind of limited because we do not have any floor spacers so the paint it congested. With that said, our best strategy would be to push tempo to beat the defense down the floor before they can set up. RJ and Randle will flourish in an uptempo style of play. The problem is Morris trots and Frank doesn't push the ball....

In the half court, Randle and Morris's strength is from the elbows down, or 15 feet and in so flex screens on the baseline to get some quick post ups can work. Problem with that, Randle is about 6'6 and has trouble at times getting off against longer athletes which is why he faces up all the time. Morris is more of an iso player and mid post player who can hit the 3's if open. Frank is a big guard and would love to see him post up the opposition but that's just not a part of his game.

Catching alley-oops is Mitch's strength. Setting a pick is not. He is god awful at PnR

Mitch didnt play college ball, late bloomer. Needs reps to become proficient. Doesnt look like players are working on it, they should be. Should be able to mix things up, be less predictable.

I've defended Fiz for the most part but the coaching staff has to see that Mitch struggles defending PNR's as do some others. It should be a point of emphasis in practice for sure.

Uptown

11/3/2019  8:56 PM
fitzfarm wrote:The knicks need a real coach I’d call Tom thibs the guy should still be coaching it’s not his fault he had a duche in j Butler get him fired...

We need a coach that teaches defensive toughness and intensity and set plays on offense when the team is in half court..

Randle looks pissed with the free style fiz is doing on offense. he’s not getting plays run for him they’re giving him the ball like he’s a point guard instead of getting him easy open looks... this team needs a drill sergeant not a buddy.

Fire Fiz

The knock on Thibbs is that he isn't an X and O offensive guy either. He's a defensive coach who is very intense. He's from the Riley and Van Gundy school so he wears out his welcome sooner rather than later. Also, if you think RJ is playing too many minutes now, wait til Thibs gets a hold of him.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2019  9:10 PM
Uptown wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:The knicks need a real coach I’d call Tom thibs the guy should still be coaching it’s not his fault he had a duche in j Butler get him fired...

Fire Fiz

The knock on Thibbs is that he isn't an X and O offensive guy either. He's a defensive coach who is very intense. He's from the Riley and Van Gundy school so he wears out his welcome sooner rather than later. Also, if you think RJ is playing too many minutes now, wait til Thibs gets a hold of him.

I hear ya, I just want a coach that won’t except half Assing it . Thibs would pull his rotation players for that embarrassment in the first half.

Assuming fiz doesn’t last the season Who would you want

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/3/2019  9:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

2nd year in the league - who is his coach?

MS
Member: #724
11/3/2019  9:16 PM
I still don’t know why we didn’t just give Rubio two years at 50MM.

This team really needed a professional to run the point. We didn’t need Ellington, Bullock and Payton. Our young guys need help and direction and he would have really help stabilize the team and make all the guys look better.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/3/2019  9:59 PM
Right now, I would call Mark Jackson for head coach and bring JVG as his assistant coach
Uptown

11/3/2019  10:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2019  10:00 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fire Fiz

I hear ya, I just want a coach that won’t except half Assing it . Thibs would pull his rotation players for that embarrassment in the first half.

Assuming fiz doesn’t last the season Who would you want

Can't see the Front office firing Fiz anytime soon especially while they are still rebuilding. Firing Fiz now and hiring a new coach would put the bulls-eye squarely on Perry and Mills back so it would be foolish for them to pull the trigger now.

With that said, one assistant coach who I think will be a hot candidate sooner rather than later is Ime Udoka. Any coach from the Popovich tree is a good get.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/3/2019  10:02 PM
Not having another PG hurt the Knicks today. So far this position less basketball has been pointless. It doesn’t work there is no point in this system it won’t win this team anything. Free throw shooting man is it’s bad. Once the point guard is gone it becomes one on one basketball.

This entire team is amateur hour.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2019  10:46 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Right now, I would call Mark Jackson for head coach and bring JVG as his assistant coach

ew

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/4/2019  1:13 AM
MS wrote:I still don’t know why we didn’t just give Rubio two years at 50MM.

This team really needed a professional to run the point. We didn’t need Ellington, Bullock and Payton. Our young guys need help and direction and he would have really help stabilize the team and make all the guys look better.

Yup, that would have been my move. However he's friends with Marc Gasol, Willy and KP so maybe he would have heard stuff about Fiz and stayed clear

smackeddog
11/4/2019  1:14 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Right now, I would call Mark Jackson for head coach and bring JVG as his assistant coach

Would you give them 1 season with nothing on the roster and 5 games into a second season before you fired them?

smackeddog
11/4/2019  1:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Do we call the Warriors about Deangelo Russel?

Only as a prank

smackeddog
11/4/2019  1:17 AM
Looking at our schedule, our record I'd going to be absolutely horrific by Christmas! And it's too early to start the tank thread!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/4/2019  3:31 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Do we call the Warriors about Deangelo Russel?

I was thinking the same thing. It is tough because there are a bunch of pgs in the upcoming draft and it looks like we are going to have a high pick, but if the Knicks want to win more than 25 games this season, we have to upgrade the PG position. Russell seems worth the money, but I still am not sold on his maturity.

Trust the Process
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/4/2019  3:33 AM

Fire Fiz

Agreed. They have to start running set plays for Randle. He was brought here to score, not play point guard. The problem is we don't have a PG to actually run the offense.

Trust the Process
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/4/2019  6:02 AM
smackeddog wrote:Looking at our schedule, our record I'd going to be absolutely horrific by Christmas! And it's too early to start the tank thread!

The thread maybe, because the tank has been running since preseason.

Knicks_Fan
A Knick wont kneel for a King! Show them how we do in the East Coast! Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy