Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2019  1:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:Build around Barrett?

1. Keep doing what we are doing. It will add up.
2. Progress will get Gianiss Woke. My guess is by next season Bucks will insist him to commit or submitt list of teams he'd commit to. The AD-Melo playbook move. Bucks don't want to walk away empty handed. Gianiss has to weight injury risk vs. destination. He can tell them "No guarantee" and pull a KP. Lowers his value but he does not commit to who trades for him. BTW, low starphuch probability here but you have to have trade assets and cap space to even be in the conversation. We might get there.
3. Mitch is a bit "ShakY" but it looksl ike they are asking him to do more. THis is a big key.
4. Who we draft this spring. Best player might be PG, center, PF. Who knows. Excess either expires are is traded. Now the rebuild starts to mount. Tear down, youth, asset accumulaton and then you start with asset consolidation. This is the fun part. Boston had some nice teasers the last few years. Crowder and Isiah, Then used them for Kyrie Trade.....Etc. Philly got Jimmy Butler.
5. Barrett looks like Gordan Haywoodish. Good passer, can play three positions. Gordon was a better shooter younger but became a better Finisher as he filled out. Kid is big now. He lost two seasons and just beginning to return to form. Both are complete players. Barrett is going to be good. RJ build is very different than 19 year old Haywood was. The trajecotry is said is current snapshot, not where I think Barrett will be.
6. We have all our picks plus Dallas's. Excess assets. Someone will come a knocking.
7. For this seaosn I'd like to see DSjr finish strong and Frank establish his position as our best PG. I like RJ long term at the 2 or three. Elite 3's can play either and it don't matter. WE draft a Trae Young/Morant type with upside thats fine. Dennis likley gets made gone and until Frank shows much more on offense he either becomes that dudes wingman or good solid player off the bench.
8. Winning.

The Dallas picks will be in the low 20's. Doncic is very good he will have that team in the top 5 in the West

You think he will by next year ? That seems like a lot considering KP needs to prove capable of playing a full season and there isn’t much else on the roster other than complimentary players.

Yeah, it's still not a given that Dallas even makes the playoffs this year. If they played in the east, I'd be worried. But I'm confident that pick lands in the late lottery or maybe just outside the lottery.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

11/3/2019  3:20 PM
Knixkik wrote:

2. Progress will get Gianiss Woke. My guess is by next season Bucks will insist him to commit or submitt list of teams he'd commit to. The AD-Melo playbook move. Bucks don't want to walk away empty handed. Gianiss has to weight injury risk vs. destination. He can tell them "No guarantee" and pull a KP. Lowers his value but he does not commit to who trades for him. BTW, low starphuch probability here but you have to have trade assets and cap space to even be in the conversation. We might get there.
3. Mitch is a bit "ShakY" but it looksl ike they are asking him to do more. THis is a big key.
4. Who we draft this spring. Best player might be PG, center, PF. Who knows. Excess either expires are is traded. Now the rebuild starts to mount. Tear down, youth, asset accumulaton and then you start with asset consolidation. This is the fun part. Boston had some nice teasers the last few years. Crowder and Isiah, Then used them for Kyrie Trade.....Etc. Philly got Jimmy Butler.

The problem is we are just acquiring talent without a real plan for fit. That’s fine for now but Eventually we have to focus on fit so the pieces look good together. Whatever games we win this year will be because we added a few decent players capable of winning some games. But I’m thinking of the next phase. How do we bring it together and make it look good together instead of just blindly accumulating talent wherever available? That will be the key to turning Barrett into a star. Milwaukee is a perfect example of how to build around their lone superstar.

Well you talk about adding fit and about adding for the next phase but in the OP you say you don't think PG is our biggest need but if we're adding for fit and the next phase then PG is absolutely our biggest need and will fit and fit the next phase. We need to get one of these top PG's in the next draft. If we don't end up far enough in the top of the lottery then we need to do whatever we can to trade up to get one of the top PG's coming out and there's a couple that should be legit PG's at the next level and nice fits next to Barrett.

newyorker4ever

11/3/2019  3:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:It will be interesting to see how Bullock comes back from neck fusion surgery. He may not ever be the player he was but if he can get back it would be a big help having another shooter. I like the idea of adding Harris. I don’t know where the Nets are cap wise but they did just commit money to Prince so he might be available.

I assume the nets will try to keep him but they have a lot of money tied up in their current core. We can’t just offer short term contracts forever. At some point we need to make a commitment that moves the needle and a shooter like Harris can do that. As long as we maintain flexibility overall then it’s fine.

is Harris a SG? I understand shooters but that's RJ's position. Guy just turned 28 so will be 29 at beginning of next season wanting a 4 year deal. That doesn't sound like the ideal candidate

I'd want to make a commitment to move the needle but you grab the high quality players first and then fit pieces around them. Harris to me is not a high quality player, he's a fit player you get after

He’s playing SF this year. He’s just a wing and probably a top 3 shooter in the league. At age 29 he’s worth a 4 year deal and should age very well. I consider him a high level role player. Basically a taller Redick.

Top 3 shooter in the league? Ummmmm huh? No way is he top 3.

BigDaddyG

11/3/2019  3:54 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:It will be interesting to see how Bullock comes back from neck fusion surgery. He may not ever be the player he was but if he can get back it would be a big help having another shooter. I like the idea of adding Harris. I don’t know where the Nets are cap wise but they did just commit money to Prince so he might be available.

I assume the nets will try to keep him but they have a lot of money tied up in their current core. We can’t just offer short term contracts forever. At some point we need to make a commitment that moves the needle and a shooter like Harris can do that. As long as we maintain flexibility overall then it’s fine.

is Harris a SG? I understand shooters but that's RJ's position. Guy just turned 28 so will be 29 at beginning of next season wanting a 4 year deal. That doesn't sound like the ideal candidate

I'd want to make a commitment to move the needle but you grab the high quality players first and then fit pieces around them. Harris to me is not a high quality player, he's a fit player you get after

He’s playing SF this year. He’s just a wing and probably a top 3 shooter in the league. At age 29 he’s worth a 4 year deal and should age very well. I consider him a high level role player. Basically a taller Redick.

Harris? I think he led the league in 3 point percentage last year and he's starting this season at a scorching 57%. I think you can make the case that he's one of the top three spot up guys from downtown in the league. I wouldn't mind signing him, but he's down the list of team needs. Definitely not a priority signing. But I did say the same thing about Brogdon last year and he's making me look like an @$$hole this year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorker4ever

11/3/2019  4:37 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

5. Barrett looks like Gordan Haywoodish. Good passer, can play three positions. Gordon was a better shooter younger but became a better Finisher as he filled out. Kid is big now. He lost two seasons and just beginning to return to form. Both are complete players. Barrett is going to be good. RJ build is very different than 19 year old Haywood was. The trajecotry is said is current snapshot, not where I think Barrett will be.
6. We have all our picks plus Dallas's. Excess assets. Someone will come a knocking.
7. For this seaosn I'd like to see DSjr finish strong and Frank establish his position as our best PG. I like RJ long term at the 2 or three. Elite 3's can play either and it don't matter. WE draft a Trae Young/Morant type with upside thats fine. Dennis likley gets made gone and until Frank shows much more on offense he either becomes that dudes wingman or good solid player off the bench.
8. Winning.

The Dallas picks will be in the low 20's. Doncic is very good he will have that team in the top 5 in the West

Clippers
Lakers
Utah
Denver
Houston
Portland
San Antonio

I'm a big fan of the Doncic/KP duo and do think they're gonna be good and think M.Cuban will probably make another good move around the trade deadline but top 5? Not this season and damn sure hope it's not next season when we have their unprotected 1st round pick.

newyorker4ever

11/3/2019  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2019  4:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Harris? I think he led the league in 3 point percentage last year and he's starting this season at a scorching 57%. I think you can make the case that he's one of the top three spot up guys from downtown in the league. I wouldn't mind signing him, but he's down the list of team needs. Definitely not a priority signing. But I did say the same thing about Brogdon last year and he's making me look like an @$$hole this year.

So you have:
Curry
Harden
J.Harris?

Really?

What about:
Trey Young
B.Beal
D.Booker
B.Hield

I know i'm missing some but don't feel like looking it up.

BigDaddyG

11/3/2019  5:31 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

So you have:
Curry
Harden
J.Harris?

Really?

What about:
Trey Young
B.Beal
D.Booker
B.Hield

I know i'm missing some but don't feel like looking it up.

I said spot up guys. You can definitely make a case for a guy who shoots close to 50 %. The guys you listed are magicians off the dribble. Maybe not Buddy so much, but the rest are for sure. I categorize shooting off the dribble and shootng off the catch or even a couple dribbles as separate categories. Some guys can only do one, while others can do both.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/5/2019  11:57 AM
Oh, lets not forget another shooter we have Ignas Brazdeikis! In a little over 4 mins against the Kings he scored 4 points and got a dime. Making him the 6th leading scorer for the Knicks that game. In 4ish minutes. There may be something to that.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/7/2019  10:07 PM
get chris paul
BigDaddyG

11/8/2019  4:53 PM
It's still early, but I think we can all agree...thank God we didn't fall for the Jarrett Culver hype. Culver can be good, but he's not showing RJ's ceiling. I know, I know... it's still early.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/8/2019  8:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2019  8:05 PM
I really hope the Knicks prioritize shooting during the offseason. These lineups are tough to watch with no reliable 3pt shooters and only hurt Barrett. We have shooters but none are starting caliber.
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/9/2019  1:28 AM
Well, let's give Fizdale some credit in Frank's development as of the Dallas game. He's giving him rope.

What the Dallas win is giving us a glimpse of is a [sufficiently] Big Three in Ntilikina, Barret, and MR.

As we watch Golden State fade out west, we witness the birth of a young dynasty in the East.

Expect Dotson to be the next breakout - he's a sleeper 3 and D player who just needs minutes.

The Knicks could live with Ntilikina, Payton, and Allen as PGs putting Trier and DSJ on a bit of a bubble. Chances are neither can compete on the defensive end with those three although both hold value to contending teams looking for some pop off the bench.

Knixkik
USA
11/9/2019  10:06 AM
fwk00 wrote:Well, let's give Fizdale some credit in Frank's development as of the Dallas game. He's giving him rope.

What the Dallas win is giving us a glimpse of is a [sufficiently] Big Three in Ntilikina, Barret, and MR.

As we watch Golden State fade out west, we witness the birth of a young dynasty in the East.

Expect Dotson to be the next breakout - he's a sleeper 3 and D player who just needs minutes.

The Knicks could live with Ntilikina, Payton, and Allen as PGs putting Trier and DSJ on a bit of a bubble. Chances are neither can compete on the defensive end with those three although both hold value to contending teams looking for some pop off the bench.

Frank shot with confidence and even drove a few times. Still not getting to the line but progress. If he can shoot like this (38-40%) from 3pt then he can be the PG next to Barrett. Morris is shooting well and plays D too, and is the leader. Randle is looking like the most ill fitting piece in the lineup right now. Move Morris to the 4 and bring Randle off the bench. Replace him with a high level 3pt shooting wing and we are in business with a team that compliments RJ well and fit the team identity.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2019  10:58 AM
RJ has to live up to it and Frank has to sustain it but what you saw vs. Dallas is the backcourt of the future. Two guards who can defend 4 positions, handle the ball, hit the 3, set up teammates, amazing size at 6-6 and 6-7... I mean this is the dream combo. Obviously its crazy early but this is best possible combo IMO.

I was not super high on Knox but his this year has me doing a total 180. His effort on defense is great. He makes lots of mistakes there but never gives up and often recovers, he's also a very good scramble D player when things break down because the guy is a fantastic athlete. His shooting and crazy and he's great at attacking the rim. Doesn't always finish but those are great plays and make for easy putbacks.

Mitch has great potential as rim protector and super mobile 5. Like Frank he's got a lot to prove as well but the pieces are looking better today

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
11/9/2019  11:09 AM
fishmike wrote:RJ has to live up to it and Frank has to sustain it but what you saw vs. Dallas is the backcourt of the future. Two guards who can defend 4 positions, handle the ball, hit the 3, set up teammates, amazing size at 6-6 and 6-7... I mean this is the dream combo. Obviously its crazy early but this is best possible combo IMO.

I was not super high on Knox but his this year has me doing a total 180. His effort on defense is great. He makes lots of mistakes there but never gives up and often recovers, he's also a very good scramble D player when things break down because the guy is a fantastic athlete. His shooting and crazy and he's great at attacking the rim. Doesn't always finish but those are great plays and make for easy putbacks.

Mitch has great potential as rim protector and super mobile 5. Like Frank he's got a lot to prove as well but the pieces are looking better today

I was down on frank recently because I saw no progress from his rookie year. We are now seeing with him it’s all in his confidence. That will also concern me because I’m not sure how mentally tough he is. But hopefully he keeps building. Knox is improving and can be a nice spot up shooter. I agree though on paper we have our backcourt of the future. Hopefully it grows.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2019  6:43 PM
fwk00 wrote:Well, let's give Fizdale some credit in Frank's development as of the Dallas game. He's giving him rope.

Warriors will not fade watch they will win the lottery and be right back next year. Its going to piss me off and lose all faith in the NBA
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
KidIcarus45
Member: #8813

11/10/2019  7:54 PM
Eaay:

1: Give the keys to the Frenchman, tell him not to look over his shoulder every mistake.
2: Knox needs to start at SF and play a ton of minutes.
3: Robinson needs to continue to develop
4: Hope to hit with some of these draft picks.. Especially the early on next year.

How do you build around Barrett ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy