[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game night! Fahk Bahston!!!! FIBA Frank will be unleashed and starting! Kemba beware
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/2/2019  1:10 PM
martin wrote:I've been disappointed in Mitch's play. He seems like the same player as last year. I can't find anything that has changed with him.
He is "shakey". But to me looks like they are asking him to do more and accountable for some tasks. Last year it was "Go play and feel the game". Not its "do it right". Kid was raw coming out of high school and not playng college ball. His head must still spin on where he should be and pasisng out.
The bone head mistakes don't just go away, its "Evolution".

Frank can't be FIBA every play. Im thinking Randle brings the ball up 5-6 times a game? Is that a lot? Seems when Frank curls to get the ball he gets it. Sometimes Ranldel just gonna do what Randle does. Frank hiding in the corner at times is kind of funny. Given the patience and understanding that this is franks first start and only second game with big minutes can we say he is improving? When he gets more agreesive he'll get FT's. That midrange shot at he elbow is his best for now. Love the fast break and shot 2-4 on Threes? Not a bad game! Better than 0-11! None of this happens over night as we'd like to think.

Suprised Dot did not get in the game. Regarding Trier, the short leash really happend last seaosn after he got his contract. There were times we needed him ISO but many games he was in and out. ITs as if once he showed his offensive prowess the contract came with a stipulation? "Ok, you have some security to work on your game and "round out" to be an NBA player". Seems this deficits that deflateld his value in college are things he is not progressing in.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/2/2019  1:27 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:Can’t remember if someone pointed this out previously: did Boston coaching staff plan offensive sets/picks to get Kamba away from Frank? Seemed like they were doing that quite purposely

Frank played a solid game. Think he had good mechanics on his outside shot and usual high energy on defense.
Great chase block and nice razzle dazzle on one move in the 4th. But don't think the narrative of several posts that Boston made a whole game plan for Frank is accurate. Fact is Boston runs a PnR offense. One can look at the games against the Bucks (specially in last 5) and against other teams and see exactly the same thing. I actually thought that Frank could have fought through many of them. It seemed like they were switching too easily. Still a good game by him. They were in it the whole way through. Tough loss but plenty to build on. Think with a little more attacking, Frank will be solid going forward.

It was def the game plan from the Knicks to switch Frank off of Kemba. The only logic I can think of as to why is to avoid getting him in foul trouble until the late 4th. Knowing the rotation was gonna be short tonight with Fiz only playing 8 players. But then even in the late 4th we continued to switch in most crunch time moments.

Frank also got beat one on one 3 times which has been rare this yr.
1st Mitch came over wit the help and Kemba kicked out for a corner 3 which I believe they missed though.
2nd Wannamaker and 1
3rd Kemba 3 with Frank playing a poor angle.

The switching overall lead to more penetration from the guards and Kemba getting 10 or more fts though. But the game was wire to wire so im guessing Fiz was willing to live with that and try to take the game late. If Knicks were down double digit pts maybe he changes it.

With Frank looked at to expand his overall role and mins. Its interesting dynamic that his defensive responsibility was asked to be lessened. Like instead of 22-29 mins or so focused on fighting threw screens and shutting guards down from penetration. He was allowed to be preserved somewhat which I am wondering had a effect on him then making shots?

After he hit that mid range jumper 26 seconds after getting the fast break layup. Fiz should have looked to keep featuring him off the pick to see if he could maintain that rhythm.

Man, you can just tell how much coaxing the Knicks need to do to get Frank to WANT to own the PG position and do all of the thinks they want and expect. Even bringing the ball up the court, I'd love Frank to demand the ball when near the rebounder, sometimes he will just defer and put his head down and run up the court. Dude gotta TELL Randle to give him the ball and let him do his thing.

Feel like the Knicks are AOK for now just having Frank take ball up court and set up and organize offense, take the open shot, and break down the defense when it's obvious. But Frank GOTTA get the killer mentality of most all other PGs and want to own the position.

Yea

The bright side he has improved his performance game by game so far. Hopefully he stays on this upward trend.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/2/2019  2:05 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:Can’t remember if someone pointed this out previously: did Boston coaching staff plan offensive sets/picks to get Kamba away from Frank? Seemed like they were doing that quite purposely

Frank played a solid game. Think he had good mechanics on his outside shot and usual high energy on defense.
Great chase block and nice razzle dazzle on one move in the 4th. But don't think the narrative of several posts that Boston made a whole game plan for Frank is accurate. Fact is Boston runs a PnR offense. One can look at the games against the Bucks (specially in last 5) and against other teams and see exactly the same thing. I actually thought that Frank could have fought through many of them. It seemed like they were switching too easily. Still a good game by him. They were in it the whole way through. Tough loss but plenty to build on. Think with a little more attacking, Frank will be solid going forward.

It was def the game plan from the Knicks to switch Frank off of Kemba. The only logic I can think of as to why is to avoid getting him in foul trouble until the late 4th. Knowing the rotation was gonna be short tonight with Fiz only playing 8 players. But then even in the late 4th we continued to switch in most crunch time moments.

1st Mitch came over wit the help and Kemba kicked out for a corner 3 which I believe they missed though.
2nd Wannamaker and 1

The switching overall lead to more penetration from the guards and Kemba getting 10 or more fts though. But the game was wire to wire so im guessing Fiz was willing to live with that and try to take the game late. If Knicks were down double digit pts maybe he changes it.

With Frank looked at to expand his overall role and mins. Its interesting dynamic that his defensive responsibility was asked to be lessened. Like instead of 22-29 mins or so focused on fighting threw screens and shutting guards down from penetration. He was allowed to be preserved somewhat which I am wondering had a effect on him then making shots?

After he hit that mid range jumper 26 seconds after getting the fast break layup. Fiz should have looked to keep featuring him off the pick to see if he could maintain that rhythm.

9 times out of 10, when you are playing in a free-flowing-read and react- offensive set, the player has the freedom to call his own number if he is feeling it. Frank doesn't have that mentality yet.

You are 100% correct. Spoke about this last game as well. Fiz deep down is probably begging Frank to demand the ball especially down the stretch.

He also had 2 chances to attack in the open court off a stop or TO. One when Thais who was the only defender back at the moment. Frank opted to stop and pass the ball to Morris at the top of the key to set the offense instead. The other one was similar situation but with Kemba back peddling sagging way off to protect the paint. Was nothing but space and a back peddling 6'1 Kemba in the path to the rim. Gotta attack that.

I don't know if he will or won't develop those type of attack instincts. But I expect these things to get broken down to him in the film room.

Great call!!! Frank is a legit 6'6 with long arms which is great size for a lead guard. Elite level guards with that type of advantage will punish 6'0 guards on the other end by taking them into the post or shooting over them in the the mid range similar to Shaun Livingston. Frank needs to start taking advantage of his size because right now, on the offensive end, he mind as well be a 6'0 guard.

Experience, constant film study and perhaps a mentor will help him grow. The physical tools are there, but the mentality, as of right now is not.

Brought this up the other day. Everyone wants to talk about Franks outside shot or failure to drive and create. The biggest thing I feel he should be doing is exactly what you mentioned. Impose his physical size advantage on smaller PG's. Magic used that approach quite well. Just don't know if that's something you can teach or more of a personality trait. But agree that a good coach would see this as a players possible potential and put that player in a position to work on it.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

11/2/2019  2:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

9 times out of 10, when you are playing in a free-flowing-read and react- offensive set, the player has the freedom to call his own number if he is feeling it. Frank doesn't have that mentality yet.

Are you saying that we run a read and react offense?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

11/2/2019  2:14 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

Man, you can just tell how much coaxing the Knicks need to do to get Frank to WANT to own the PG position and do all of the thinks they want and expect. Even bringing the ball up the court, I'd love Frank to demand the ball when near the rebounder, sometimes he will just defer and put his head down and run up the court. Dude gotta TELL Randle to give him the ball and let him do his thing.

Feel like the Knicks are AOK for now just having Frank take ball up court and set up and organize offense, take the open shot, and break down the defense when it's obvious. But Frank GOTTA get the killer mentality of most all other PGs and want to own the position.

Hopefully Fiz gains confidence in PG's. Right now he has them doing 3 man hand offs at the top or feeding the wings and cutting to the corner's. Have yet to see a consistent PnR game. You would think with Frank's length, Smiths speed, Robinson's ability to finish and Portis, Morris and Randle's ability to pop and shoot, he would see some benefit from it. The rest of the NBA does.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/2/2019  2:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

Hopefully Fiz gains confidence in PG's. Right now he has them doing 3 man hand offs at the top or feeding the wings and cutting to the corner's. Have yet to see a consistent PnR game. You would think with Frank's length, Smiths speed, Robinson's ability to finish and Portis, Morris and Randle's ability to pop and shoot, he would see some benefit from it. The rest of the NBA does.

Randle, Portis, Mitch suck at setting picks. Mitch doesn't even know what a pick is. Randle thinks it's an opportunity to knock a guy over.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

11/2/2019  5:06 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

Randle, Portis, Mitch suck at setting picks. Mitch doesn't even know what a pick is. Randle thinks it's an opportunity to knock a guy over.

Lol. May be a good time to learn.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/2/2019  5:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

You are 100% correct. Spoke about this last game as well. Fiz deep down is probably begging Frank to demand the ball especially down the stretch.

He also had 2 chances to attack in the open court off a stop or TO. One when Thais who was the only defender back at the moment. Frank opted to stop and pass the ball to Morris at the top of the key to set the offense instead. The other one was similar situation but with Kemba back peddling sagging way off to protect the paint. Was nothing but space and a back peddling 6'1 Kemba in the path to the rim. Gotta attack that.

I don't know if he will or won't develop those type of attack instincts. But I expect these things to get broken down to him in the film room.

Great call!!! Frank is a legit 6'6 with long arms which is great size for a lead guard. Elite level guards with that type of advantage will punish 6'0 guards on the other end by taking them into the post or shooting over them in the the mid range similar to Shaun Livingston. Frank needs to start taking advantage of his size because right now, on the offensive end, he mind as well be a 6'0 guard.

Experience, constant film study and perhaps a mentor will help him grow. The physical tools are there, but the mentality, as of right now is not.

Brought this up the other day. Everyone wants to talk about Franks outside shot or failure to drive and create. The biggest thing I feel he should be doing is exactly what you mentioned. Impose his physical size advantage on smaller PG's. Magic used that approach quite well. Just don't know if that's something you can teach or more of a personality trait. But agree that a good coach would see this as a players possible potential and put that player in a position to work on it.

The interesting thing about Frank is that on the defensive side of the court. He has all the confidence in the world. He has full confidence in his physical attributes and full confidence in his technique.

Imo his hesitance is a lack of faith in his offensive craft. He is a poor finisher around the rim even with his 7 ft wing span. He hasn't displayed much of an arsenal in this area. RJ Barrett when he drives he has a full belief in his arsenal of moves, body control, strength etc.

He needs something that is his bread and butter then build off that. His fellow Frenchman Tony Parker had a lethal floater. Maybe try and get some work in with him. Happy with the development of his handle over the summer though. That has created a path at least.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/2/2019  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2019  7:29 PM
martin wrote:I've been disappointed in Mitch's play. He seems like the same player as last year. I can't find anything that has changed with him.

yep depressing, this may take 5 more yeara

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Game night! Fahk Bahston!!!! FIBA Frank will be unleashed and starting! Kemba beware

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy