[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks head south to Orlando
Author Thread
shinmen
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6029
France
10/31/2019  5:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2019  5:26 AM
Honestly, I'm not mad about this defeat. Some nights, the shots don't fall. We had multiple wide open shots that didn't go in. The ball was moving more even if it didn't translate to easy baskets. Orlando is a good defensive team and we are not a good offensive team yet but had a good game on the defensive end.

However, with the last game taken into account, I think we can be a good defensive team in the future. It probably won't be enough on some nights but it's gonna help us win some games we weren't winning last season. That's progress. Maybe the start of a team identity.
Orlando became a good defensive team last year and made the playoffs but missed it a lot before that. I prefer our youth to theirs. Keep defending like that and the offense will progress.
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/31/2019  7:45 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Starting to look like Fizdale is scared of Morris and Randle.

Randle is trying to play with his teammates.

Morris is not

Fiz is not holding MOrris accountable. There is no way Knox should have been on the bench in favor of Morris at the end. No way.

Frank
Trier
RJ
KNox
Randle

with Robinson coming in for D if needed for Trier.

Was this twin the one who threw the towel in Hornacek's face? Though I think both of them have had run-ins with coaches.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/31/2019  7:53 AM
Welpee wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Starting to look like Fizdale is scared of Morris and Randle.

Randle is trying to play with his teammates.

Morris is not

Fiz is not holding MOrris accountable. There is no way Knox should have been on the bench in favor of Morris at the end. No way.

Frank
Trier
RJ
KNox
Randle

with Robinson coming in for D if needed for Trier.

Was this twin the one who threw the towel in Hornacek's face? Though I think both of them have had run-ins with coaches.

no that was markieff.

what if jeff were still coaching here? he sees marcus, says "oh no. god no."

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2019  8:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2019  8:36 AM
9 pages of threads and never a mention of the opponent.
I thought there was great energy on defense. Fournier was held most of the game.
But......Issac is finally playing well and they got it together. They are team that has been together a bit and well coached.
I thought Portis came down to earth and maybe we don’t need him pretending to be Reggie miller. There’s a lot of things not great with this team.
And yes, Frank was hesitant on a few shots. Dotson won’t even pass to him. I saw Frank create shots. We saw some good PG play at times.
Not enough to carry the team and the ISO thing not cool. Barret was flat. He had a rookie game. It mattered. Did Fiz coach them different from the Chicago game or did the players just not execute as well?
The blame game. At the end of the day an organization gets the W, or the L.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/31/2019  8:22 AM
we had ZERO fast break points, and we all know why..

Between Frank, Barret and Randle handle the PG duties, you pretty much doing 35mph in 65mph lane.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/31/2019  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2019  8:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:we had ZERO fast break points, and we all know why..

Between Frank, Barret and Randle handle the PG duties, you pretty much doing 35mph in 65mph lane.

Why are you so obsessed with fast breaks? They are not the reason we lost or the reason other teams win. Hey if we got fast breaks off great defense thats fine but its not the end all be all. Ive seen plenty of bad teams have a lot of fast breaks and lose
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/31/2019  8:39 AM

You had zero fast break points because we have a novice for a coach. The real reason for the loss was the Magic out heighten them. They kept throwing waves of tall players at the Knicks who are a small team. If you look at the Magic front line they have 6’9 or better. The Knicks become very small once MR is out of the lineup. Fidale played right into it when small run. The players brought very little energy also. They were having none of running.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/31/2019  9:10 AM
Fast breaks? With what PG? What shooters? We have Knox and Ellington. Sure they can go but they need a PG! The rest aren’t even fast break players besides Barrett and he is not a shooter or PG. He can certainly fill the lane though.

Fast breaks. Lol

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/31/2019  9:14 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Why are you so obsessed with fast breaks? They are not the reason we lost or the reason other teams win. Hey if we got fast breaks off great defense thats fine but its not the end all be all. Ive seen plenty of bad teams have a lot of fast breaks and lose

if you have 5 minutes, i want you to go to espn and look at the stats of last nights games, I believe 20 or 22 teams played and we were the only team that did not have a single fast break point.

You either win with pushing the pace or shooting 3's at a higher clip then your opponent..

29 teams play faster than us, 29 teams score more than us, and we share the worst record to start the season..

Would you stop being in denial dude, we have a fck up offense.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2019  9:16 AM
Vmart wrote:

You had zero fast break points because we have a novice for a coach. The real reason for the loss was the Magic out heighten them. They kept throwing waves of tall players at the Knicks who are a small team. If you look at the Magic front line they have 6’9 or better. The Knicks become very small once MR is out of the lineup. Fidale played right into it when small run. The players brought very little energy also. They were having none of running.

well THAT was predictable
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
10/31/2019  9:35 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

You know what else is predictable, your post right after mine.

fishmike
USA
10/31/2019  9:45 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I am fascinated by your dedication to misery. Sadly we used to have folks like nixluva who balanced your flavor of hate but it seems he needs a break. So long as you are gonna post the same stupid comment for literally everything that happens I am going to thank you for your daily misery. I feel like its the least I can do
fishmike
USA
10/31/2019  9:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

if you have 5 minutes, i want you to go to espn and look at the stats of last nights games, I believe 20 or 22 teams played and we were the only team that did not have a single fast break point.

You either win with pushing the pace or shooting 3's at a higher clip then your opponent..

29 teams play faster than us, 29 teams score more than us, and we share the worst record to start the season..

Would you stop being in denial dude, we have a fck up offense.

well you are right about the bold. Knicks are ranked 17th on defense and 27th on offense. Offense has been bad. Most understand this is something the team is going to struggle with so many new players and lacking an experienced lead guard.
Vmart
USA
10/31/2019  10:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I am fascinated by your dedication to misery. Sadly we used to have folks like nixluva who balanced your flavor of hate but it seems he needs a break. So long as you are gonna post the same stupid comment for literally everything that happens I am going to thank you for your daily misery. I feel like its the least I can do

I’ll tell you what I will do my best to not say anything about Fizdale or any player on the Knicks. Which essentially mean I will give up posting about the Knicks. I will let you and other enjoy everything about the Knicks the way you guys want to see them. Wish you guys nothing but the best peace.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2019  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2019  10:23 AM
Too much heroball from Randle/Morris/Portis. Thats why Im hoping that Smith jr. will turn things around. We need his ability to be a real threat at the rim,in crunch time. Hasnt been since early last season, right after the trade. Before his back got worse. Get the feeling they are pulling out all the stops to avoid some kind of surgery, hope Im wrong.

Its still, pass, pass, ISO. Players arent doing nearly enough to get each other going.

Barrett csme down to earth, teams will be game planning more for him as well, after the great start. Confident he will adjust.

Ellington reminds me of Starks in that he can shoot you into a game, and shoot you out of one as well. Seen more heaves from him than Id like at times. Does work hard to get an open look though.

Frank is hesitating less with his shot. Even the bricks look better. Hope he keeps firing away. Doesnt let up.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2019  10:35 AM
Vmart-fishmike is the new 1248-Nalod
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2019  10:38 AM
Felt like the biggest hole in the Knicks player rotation was someone who could just break his man down, get into the middle of the court, and go from there, either further to rim or kickout.

Trier must have pissed off the coaching staff something good

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/31/2019  10:50 AM
I think Fizdale's agenda in not starting Frank is that if he starts Frank and he does well then it will be harder for him to relegate him back to the bench or out of rotation. He wants to have DSJr as the starting PG by hook or by crook. Not starting Frank, when he is the only true PG available, because he wants to protect him from foul trouble is downright ridiculous and reeks of stupidity.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/31/2019  10:50 AM
martin wrote:Vmart-fishmike is the new 1248-Nalod
True, ive noticed that although i think its nastier lol
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/31/2019  10:57 AM
martin wrote:Felt like the biggest hole in the Knicks player rotation was someone who could just break his man down, get into the middle of the court, and go from there, either further to rim or kickout.

Trier must have pissed off the coaching staff something good

This was to be DSjr role.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GameThread: Knicks head south to Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy