[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dennis Smith Jr. vs Frank Ntilikina | The Debate gets Hot!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2019  8:08 AM
Sudden illness or long term. I’m being pragmatic here. If smith was not playing much during the summer and we don’t know what his goals were, and if met, what should he be right now?
As for his Step mom, is this someone he is close with? He tight with his dad? Sure I feel for the Human that is DSjr and he needs to do what he needs to do if he feels it. For all we know he might have hated the women. Did she raise him, or come into his life last year and get hit by a bus? He needs to be there for his dad, for himself, step siblings.....etc. I understand.

Dennis looks bloody awful on the court.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/28/2019  8:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Damn

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/28/2019  8:30 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:DSjr out for the game tomorrow..due to death in the family

This is sad. If this happened many days ago, it would explain his body language and also lack of concentration when playing.

Makes the booing look even worse.

Indeed

Excuse me for being cynical, but I think this announcement comes at the right time. The kid needs to clear his head and get healthy. He'll recover. He should reach out to Danny Dimes if he needs perspective.

Excuse me for saying this but thats a low life piece of **** response to a players family member dying.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/28/2019  8:47 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow... sorry to hear that. Really puts things in perspective.

Well said. Umfortunately, there are so many fans that don't have much in life. Which makes having perspective difficult.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2019  9:01 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Damn

Thats rough. Hope Smith jr. gets himself right, nevermind BBall. Sad news.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/28/2019  9:23 AM
Sorry for his loss..

I also think that's up to him to communicate to coaching the staff his state of mind.

Remember years ago Bret Farve had the game of his life on monday night,(400+ yrd, 5 TD's) a day after his father pass, remember when MJ lost his pops in the middle of the playoffs and continued to light it up..

Some people handle loss different..

ES
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/28/2019  12:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Sorry for his loss..

I also think that's up to him to communicate to coaching the staff his state of mind.

Remember years ago Bret Farve had the game of his life on monday night,(400+ yrd, 5 TD's) a day after his father pass, remember when MJ lost his pops in the middle of the playoffs and continued to light it up..

Jordan didn't lose his father during the season, he got killed in July after the season was over.
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/28/2019  1:00 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

This is sad. If this happened many days ago, it would explain his body language and also lack of concentration when playing.

Indeed

Excuse me for being cynical, but I think this announcement comes at the right time. The kid needs to clear his head and get healthy. He'll recover. He should reach out to Danny Dimes if he needs perspective.

This from RealGM:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2018/05/29/i-want-my-momma-dennis-smith-jr-s-rise-to-mavs-top-pick-came-with-a-caring-single-dad-family/

I also found the timing a Godsend. It gets DSJ out of the spotlight for a week or so, it bails out our bonehead coach who would have insisted on playing him, and it makes the boo birds look bad.

MSG protected KP and they're likely doing it for DSJ. For all the criticism they get for being a lousy organization - give them credit, they have the backs of their players and coaches.

Cynicism aside. Condolences for whoever needs them.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/28/2019  1:01 PM
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Sorry for his loss..

Jordan didn't lose his father during the season, he got killed in July after the season was over.

Thanks, your right

ES
Nalod
USA
10/28/2019  1:49 PM
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Indeed

This from RealGM:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2018/05/29/i-want-my-momma-dennis-smith-jr-s-rise-to-mavs-top-pick-came-with-a-caring-single-dad-family/

I also found the timing a Godsend. It gets DSJ out of the spotlight for a week or so, it bails out our bonehead coach who would have insisted on playing him, and it makes the boo birds look bad.

MSG protected KP and they're likely doing it for DSJ. For all the criticism they get for being a lousy organization - give them credit, they have the backs of their players and coaches.

Cynicism aside. Condolences for whoever needs them.

That's a hell of an article! Thanks for posting it.

houston20
Member: #8797

10/28/2019  2:06 PM
I didn't like what fans did to dsj the other night the way it happen wasn't good. Don't get it twisted fans do have right boo but they way they chanted frank's namw wasn't right that can break a team apart very quick. The team didn't play good after the fans chanted frank name they just gave up even down by 6 points start of 4 quarter. I think tonight that msg should honor dsj mother with a moment of silence the fans owe dsj that from the other night.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2019  2:09 PM
houston20 wrote:I didn't like what fans did to dsj the other night the way it happen wasn't good. Don't get it twisted fans do have right boo but they way they chanted frank's namw wasn't right that can break a team apart very quick. The team didn't play good after the fans chanted frank name they just gave up even down by 6 points start of 4 quarter. I think tonight that msg should honor dsj mother with a moment of silence the fans owe dsj that from the other night.
I didn't like what the fans did. However I still feel it was more because of the situation rather than squarely on DSJ. Still don't agree with it and when he comes back the fans really should show him even more support
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/28/2019  2:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  2:16 PM
houston20 wrote:I didn't like what fans did to dsj the other night the way it happen wasn't good. Don't get it twisted fans do have right boo but they way they chanted frank's namw wasn't right that can break a team apart very quick. The team didn't play good after the fans chanted frank name they just gave up even down by 6 points start of 4 quarter. I think tonight that msg should honor dsj mother with a moment of silence the fans owe dsj that from the other night.

Yes. A moment of silence and Perry and Mills should attend the funeral.

In fact, Fizdale should attend the funeral too.

Nalod
USA
10/28/2019  2:44 PM
If this women was important in his life and he is hurting it don't need to be a public display. Knicks have a history of taking care of its players in times like this. Not Isiah and Marbury, but that's on Isiah.
Team should rally around any player that is grieving. They will give him the time he needs. At the same time Basketball has been his salvation his life and he needs that too! If the team can fly to the funeral, they should. If a few players can make it, they should. Fans did not know what was going on so lets not be too harsh on them. They will back off. Its not Philly.
Fiba frank had held kemba and fans wanted that again. Can't blame them. They got a game tonite.
When He returns he needs to ball. If not, he can take the time he needs to get his head right. Its a lot of pressure for a young man. I know the money is all there and these guys don't show it but they under a crush of pressure to perform. Fans have all the answers, we even have it for Fiz.
But players have to execute what they are told. Simple but not really.
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/28/2019  4:43 PM
I'm not sure if a moment of silence is appropriate (I don't recall us doing that in the past when a player misses a game due to a death in the family, though I could be wrong), but perhaps if fans reached out to DSJ via social media and apologized and send condolences that would help.

I agree, I don't like what the fans did either. I understand it, but didn't like it. He's a Knick for god sake. One of our own for better or worse.

Nalod
USA
10/28/2019  10:24 PM
Dennis will have opportunities. Players get hurt. Fans will cheer the Next time he steps on the court. He’ll get love.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2019  10:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Dennis will have opportunities. Players get hurt. Fans will cheer the Next time he steps on the court. He’ll get love.
Exactly. Like I said I wasn’t happy with the fans but I don’t think their wrath was squarely in him. Still hopefully he moves past it because our fans will be behind him and if he gets it going they will behind him even more
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/29/2019  10:27 AM
I don't really care if they go Frank or DSJ tbh but that said they need to pick one and trade the other. Because if they don't, the guy that plays the ****tiest is willhave no trade value moving forward. It is early enough where you could get something for either/or

I would go with Frank over DSJ. How bad is DSJ gonna be when his athleticism starts to deteriorate and his metabolism starts to go bye bye...

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/29/2019  11:22 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't really care if they go Frank or DSJ tbh but that said they need to pick one and trade the other. Because if they don't, the guy that plays the ****tiest is willhave no trade value moving forward. It is early enough where you could get something for either/or

I would go with Frank over DSJ. How bad is DSJ gonna be when his athleticism starts to deteriorate and his metabolism starts to go bye bye...

Realistically, from the other team's trade perspective, the Knicks will have zero leverage if they try to move DSJr or Frank. Zero

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
10/29/2019  1:52 PM
I want to see them both on the court fully healthy 30 games in at the same time with RJ on the wing. Knox is a PF when he fills out.
There will be picks and trades over the course of next two seasons.

I root for them both as it only helps on court or in a trade. Not an either/or.

Dennis Smith Jr. vs Frank Ntilikina | The Debate gets Hot!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy