[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My advice to Fiz,yall can voice your opinion after this loss
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/4/2019  1:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:This roster is uncoachable in the sense that no coach can make sense of it, it's just a horrific fit, with no point guard either. Unfortunately this makes it a horrific fit with fiz too as it's brought out his 'mad professor' tenancies of constantly trying to think outside the box
Dantoni and Pop would run circles around Fiz with the exact same roster on both sides
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/4/2019  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  2:42 PM
there's never a shortage of legitimate excuses that can be made for any coach of any team at any time.

but w/ fiz we have something unique, which is a complete lack of discernible instances where his "coaching" made a positive difference.

...ok, he went zone on the hornets last year. that's it. way to go. i fully expect him to go zone again soon, b/c ya know ya gotta keep portis on the floor.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2019  3:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This roster is uncoachable in the sense that no coach can make sense of it, it's just a horrific fit, with no point guard either. Unfortunately this makes it a horrific fit with fiz too as it's brought out his 'mad professor' tenancies of constantly trying to think outside the box
Dantoni and Pop would run circles around Fiz with the exact same roster on both sides

You could not hire them to a to the studs rebuild. Knicks did not have the pieces/cap but I long believe MDA coaching Lebron was a legitimate concept. The key was Wade was already in Miami.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/4/2019  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  3:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This roster is uncoachable in the sense that no coach can make sense of it, it's just a horrific fit, with no point guard either. Unfortunately this makes it a horrific fit with fiz too as it's brought out his 'mad professor' tenancies of constantly trying to think outside the bo and FO x

You could not hire them to a to the studs rebuild. Knicks did not have the pieces/cap but I long believe MDA coaching Lebron was a legitimate concept. The key was Wade was already in Miami.

Elite NBA coaches will not facilitate the rebuild - this is not their job.
only unproven coaches can take on this to build their carrier.
But this is dangerous way to go up the ladder. One and done.
If this coach failed in rebuilding situation he is out of the league or forever assistant.
Of course it is always a lot of excuses because of rebuilding roster and luck of stars and even quality players.
But it must be some progress year after year. So far not much to show but we will see Fiz more clearly in April.
His contract is designed with initial rebuild years in mind. If he will show his worth he can stay for second leg of rebuild.
If not we will get some other more suitable for the task.
it may also happen at the same time with ownership change and subsequent FO reset.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718

11/5/2019  4:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

huh...what does that have to do with what I said

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/5/2019  6:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Yeah, the same D'antoni who only won 45 games with prime Kobe, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol plus Steve Nash and Metta World Peace. Impressive.
Cartman718

11/5/2019  8:45 PM
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Yeah, the same D'antoni who only won 45 games with prime Kobe, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol plus Steve Nash and Metta World Peace. Impressive.

prime Kobe...? lol DH 12 LOL
This current Knicks roster has so many young players that all would like to run. So yeah D'Antoni would have them firing on all cylinders compared to Fiz.

Nalod
USA
11/5/2019  10:34 PM
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

That team was so cooked it was not pretty. Dwight coming off back surgery, Nash was injured, I think Kobe had some issues. Metta was done.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/6/2019  12:17 AM
Today this dude fiz said he will change is starting lineup according to the matchup...
How many nba coaches have you ever heard some dumb sht like that..is that a new to form chemistry

This is the same coach that coached 18 straight losses last season with a 100 different lineups.
We were 45 games in to he season and he was still trying to figure it out..

We must be tanking

ES
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/6/2019  8:25 AM
i hate to even call him a horrible coach bc he's not even that. he's not a coach. he's just a guy that people like.

the book is written already. get him gone.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/6/2019  8:59 AM
anrst wrote:i hate to even call him a horrible coach bc he's not even that. he's not a coach. he's just a guy that people like.

Whats clear is he's not a rebuilding coach. Fiz already proved to be a legit winning coach, when his roster is set and filled with stars and superstar players. But when it comes to rebuilding, he hasn't shown he has that kind of experience.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/6/2019  9:30 AM
blkexec wrote:
anrst wrote:i hate to even call him a horrible coach bc he's not even that. he's not a coach. he's just a guy that people like.

Whats clear is he's not a rebuilding coach. Fiz already proved to be a legit winning coach, when his roster is set and filled with stars and superstar players. But when it comes to rebuilding, he hasn't shown he has that kind of experience.

evidence? do you mean as assistant coach?

for the record, the celitcs were totally jobbed (and i say this hating the celtics) on the Heat's first title. Celts won that series in 6 except for crooked or inept reffing (i go with the former because NBA wantedd Lebron to get a title)

(5)(5)
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/6/2019  11:08 AM
It would be hard for any coach to win with this roster due to a lack of a competent pg play. Frank is too scared to score, Smith is bad at defense and has been a no show this season, and Payton is only average at everything. The sad thing is Mudiay would have been a better pg for this team. Once Payton gets back, I will give Fiz about 15-20 games before making any decisions on whether he is the right coach for the team. I don't think it is a good look to change coaches every couple of years. If the team shows any improvement, i would probably give Fiz until next year to prove his is the long-term solution.
Trust the Process
Welpee

11/6/2019  11:14 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

This current Knicks roster has so many young players that all would like to run. So yeah D'Antoni would have them firing on all cylinders compared to Fiz.

Kobe: 27.3 ppg, 6 assist, 5.6 rebs, 46 fg%, 84 ft%, played 78 games, 38.6 minutes per game. If you don't consider that "prime" I don't know what to tell you. And I stand corrected, D'Antoni was only 40-32 that season with that squad. As for Howard: 17.1 ppg, 12.4 rebs, 2.4 blocks, 58 fg%, played 76 games, 36 minutes per game. Yeah, D'Antoni didn't have much to work with. smh!

But you're missing the bigger point. I'm not supporting Fiz and you'll certainly get no argument from me regarding Pop. If you dropped Kerr's name in there you would've gotten no reaction from me. But D'Antoni? The most overrated coach in the NBA? Plus we had him here so Knick fans should know better about D'Antoni.

Welpee

11/6/2019  11:17 AM
TheGame wrote:It would be hard for any coach to win with this roster due to a lack of a competent pg play. Frank is too scared to score, Smith is bad at defense and has been a no show this season, and Payton is only average at everything. The sad thing is Mudiay would have been a better pg for this team. Once Payton gets back, I will give Fiz about 15-20 games before making any decisions on whether he is the right coach for the team. I don't think it is a good look to change coaches every couple of years. If the team shows any improvement, i would probably give Fiz until next year to prove his is the long-term solution.
Yeah, anybody who thinks D'Antoni would be doing much better than Fiz with this collection of talent is crazy, not that I think Fiz is a great coach though.
Nalod
USA
11/6/2019  11:24 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1905953-los-angeles-lakers-biggest-issue-is-flawed-roster-not-mike-dantoni

I suppose its not that simple. MDA failed because the team failed. Blame? That's a whole other story. I look at knicks the same way.
Team is not winning. Some fans get angry and have the answers but its easy to point when things are not going well. The franchise is in a bad way for sometime now. Im not saying Fiz is the issue but the revolving door of coaches and roster changes the last few years has not had any traction to speak of.
Yet. And until "Yet" becomes tangable we'll just keep thinking change has to be better than losing!
LIke the trump administration, you never really know how low the bar can go.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/6/2019  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2019  1:50 PM
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Whats clear is he's not a rebuilding coach. Fiz already proved to be a legit winning "ASSISTANT" coach, when his roster is set and filled with stars and superstar players. But when it comes to rebuilding, he hasn't shown he has that kind of experience.

evidence? do you mean as assistant coach?

for the record, the celitcs were totally jobbed (and i say this hating the celtics) on the Heat's first title. Celts won that series in 6 except for crooked or inept reffing (i go with the former because NBA wantedd Lebron to get a title)

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718

11/7/2019  4:27 PM
blkexec wrote:

you could coach a team full of stars and superstar players to win. have you applied yet? do we need fiz?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2019  6:00 PM
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Kobe: 27.3 ppg, 6 assist, 5.6 rebs, 46 fg%, 84 ft%, played 78 games, 38.6 minutes per game. If you don't consider that "prime" I don't know what to tell you. And I stand corrected, D'Antoni was only 40-32 that season with that squad. As for Howard: 17.1 ppg, 12.4 rebs, 2.4 blocks, 58 fg%, played 76 games, 36 minutes per game. Yeah, D'Antoni didn't have much to work with. smh!

But you're missing the bigger point. I'm not supporting Fiz and you'll certainly get no argument from me regarding Pop. If you dropped Kerr's name in there you would've gotten no reaction from me. But D'Antoni? The most overrated coach in the NBA? Plus we had him here so Knick fans should know better about D'Antoni.

This. D’Antoni sucks!!!!
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/7/2019  7:33 PM
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

+10000....MDA is overrated. He would struggle just as bad as Fiz with this roster. No pg and no shooters to run MDAs drive and kick style. In fact most NBA coaches run a 4 out or 5 out set that relays heavily on drive and kicks and pick and rolls. We dont seem to have that type of personnel....

My advice to Fiz,yall can voice your opinion after this loss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy