[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My advice to Fiz,yall can voice your opinion after this loss
Author Thread
cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

10/25/2019  10:41 PM
Fiz,
Randle and Morris don't take any more than 3 dribbles before their move. Their bodies cant keep up with their dribbles.
Next practice, NO BODY goes home until they hit 50 outta 50 free throws. I don't care if their arms fall off shooting free throws.
Coaching staff, SOMEONE hasta tell FIZ irving has 5 fouls at the 4 min mark of the 4th quarter. If he commited his 6th before that then he aint in there for the gamewinning 3.
Realize RJ has a wingspan of 7 feet,teach hime lock down D
Knox had points but his D sucks. Ok he had what 16 but what did his man have?? AND 2 or 3 REBOUNDS ?UNACCPECTABLE!!!
I thought they fixed DSJRs shot??? HE SUCKED!
IMHO START TRIER for a few games,IMHO hes earned it.
AND don't be fooled by Peyton, He will have 1 good game and 4 bad games. UNREALIABLE.
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/26/2019  12:52 AM
The 37 minute outing giving to the rookie RJ Barrett will only lead to a season injury and another Knicks LOTTERY season.
The Knicks 3 PG (Frank DSJ Payton) want Fizdale FIRED ASAP!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/26/2019  6:35 AM
Fizdale is a putrid coach but we will never get a young up and coming basketball mind for the Knicks. No one would take the job even if it was offered because of Dolan. Nothing is saving this franchise unless we fall ass backwards into a Lebron James type player. I keep hoping things will change but every year its a different **** show with the same result
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/26/2019  9:11 AM
Kemet wrote:The 37 minute outing giving to the rookie RJ Barrett will only lead to a season injury and another Knicks LOTTERY season.

I think the lottery is inevitable.

We have a lot to learn WITHOUT Fiz sabotaging us.

It will be another long year, but the pieces are there unlike previous seasons.

RJ, Mitch, Knox, Trier are the future. If we change coach, maybe even Frank and DSJr. We’ll see.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/26/2019  9:14 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Fizdale is a putrid coach but we will never get a young up and coming basketball mind for the Knicks. No one would take the job even if it was offered because of Dolan. Nothing is saving this franchise unless we fall ass backwards into a Lebron James type player. I keep hoping things will change but every year its a different **** show with the same result

We already have him and he has been moving up in our own ranks:

Mike Miller

Knicks_Fan
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/26/2019  10:28 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
Kemet wrote:The 37 minute outing giving to the rookie RJ Barrett will only lead to a season injury and another Knicks LOTTERY season.

RJ, Mitch, Knox, Trier are the future. If we change coach, maybe even Frank and DSJr. We’ll see.

Neither Dennis or frank can shoot a lick so I don’t see upside regardless of the coach. Dennis has that terrible hitch in his shot and looks completely out of place.

BillTheButcher
Member: #6326

10/26/2019  10:41 AM
Fiz, is a coach players like and they will run thru a wall for him. They came back from 16 & 19 points down on the road against 2 PO teams , to make those games close.He is a motivator , problem is after that it goes down hill we have no system , no set plays to run for certain guys.Fiz needs to have top tier assistants to run the Xs & Os and he can just be the motivator, if you watch college football think Dabo at Clemson.
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/26/2019  10:44 AM
BillTheButcher wrote:Fiz, is a coach players like and they will run thru a wall for him. They came back from 16 & 19 points down on the road against 2 PO teams , to make those games close.He is a motivator , problem is after that it goes down hill we have no system , no set plays to run for certain guys.Fiz needs to have top tier assistants to run the Xs & Os and he can just be the motivator, if you watch college football think Dabo at Clemson.
I agree the players dont quit for Fiz, thats a BIG positive. My main issue with Fiz is that he gives them too much free reign. If a player doesnt have it on a particular night and its a close game you cant keep having them force things and making mistakes.
cooch2584

10/26/2019  12:04 PM
Im not saying fire FIZ,hes never had such talent to work with. But last nite,knowing irving had 5 fouls with 4 mins in the game you specifically run a play on iso and make the refs make the call. Also this was a badly reffed game so that's why you have the iso and make them make the call. Im not blaming Fiz Im blaming the coaching staff for not telling him.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/26/2019  2:31 PM
cooch2584 wrote:Im not saying fire FIZ,hes never had such talent to work with. But last nite,knowing irving had 5 fouls with 4 mins in the game you specifically run a play on iso and make the refs make the call. Also this was a badly reffed game so that's why you have the iso and make them make the call. Im not blaming Fiz Im blaming the coaching staff for not telling him.

I agree, also zo should have played in the last 3 minutes when we were up 3, if anything he would have gone to the line and upped our lead... all we had to do was go up by 5 or 6 Points and the game was ours to win . If there is any closer on this team it’s ZO.

I also agree that Kyrie with 5 fouls with four minutes to go should have been attacked offensively he is a terrible defensive player and would have picked up his 6th or just played garbage defense to stay in the game.

A lot of shoulda coulda woulda’s I’m very impressed with this team talent wise I think we have a good chance to win on a nightly basis. I like the Barrett zo backcourt, and I think Payton is great off the bench.

I see our lineup evolving to

RJ, Payton
Zo, Ellington
Knox, Morris
Randle, Gibson
Mitch,Portis

I really like that second unit, it gives Morris and Ellington the green light and a lot of dog fight and grit.

In terms of frank and DSJR they will get there shot but should be on the trading block for a first round pick... it is very disappointing that neither of these players can carve out rotation minutes.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2019  2:47 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:Im not saying fire FIZ,hes never had such talent to work with. But last nite,knowing irving had 5 fouls with 4 mins in the game you specifically run a play on iso and make the refs make the call. Also this was a badly reffed game so that's why you have the iso and make them make the call. Im not blaming Fiz Im blaming the coaching staff for not telling him.

I agree, also zo should have played in the last 3 minutes when we were up 3, if anything he would have gone to the line and upped our lead... all we had to do was go up by 5 or 6 Points and the game was ours to win . If there is any closer on this team it’s ZO.

I also agree that Kyrie with 5 fouls with four minutes to go should have been attacked offensively he is a terrible defensive player and would have picked up his 6th or just played garbage defense to stay in the game.

A lot of shoulda coulda woulda’s I’m very impressed with this team talent wise I think we have a good chance to win on a nightly basis. I like the Barrett zo backcourt, and I think Payton is great off the bench.

I see our lineup evolving to

RJ, Payton
Zo, Ellington
Knox, Morris
Randle, Gibson
Mitch,Portis

I really like that second unit, it gives Morris and Ellington the green light and a lot of dog fight and grit.

In terms of frank and DSJR they will get there shot but should be on the trading block for a first round pick... it is very disappointing that neither of these players can carve out rotation minutes.

Great post. I agree about Zo being the Knicks closer. He steps and fits that role. I can’t wait until he starts getting vet calls from refs.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/26/2019  2:49 PM
where does this players coach stuff come from? Lebron, D Wade and Bosch because they could do what they want?

DIdn't hear Gasol say that, KP etc.

He needs to talk straight and be consistent. Players will respect that. Trying to appease everyone is not working

Not attacking Kyrie with 5 fouls (and frankly all night long) is a brain fart at his end. Best way to neutralize a guy like Kyrie is making him play both ends

Barkley used to say it all the time; you have to punish them at the other end

(5)(5)
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/26/2019  4:26 PM
Players not quitting is the lowest bar you can set in defense of a coach

If players and people in the league like fiz they can take him out to brunch

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2019  5:26 PM
fitzfarm wrote:In terms of frank and DSJR they will get there shot but should be on the trading block for a first round pick... it is very disappointing that neither of these players can carve out rotation minutes.

DSJr will get his shot. The way it's going right now, I doubt Frank gets any kind of shot. Frank doesn't complain. Other players do. Frank is the easiest player to bench on a deep team.

Kemet

10/26/2019  5:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Neither Dennis or frank can shoot a lick so I don’t see upside regardless of the coach. Dennis has that terrible hitch in his shot and looks completely out of place.

Did DSJ ever play so sloppy in the Mavs coach Carlisle offense? NO!
Dotson's two-way performance were missing in the Knicks two outings.
Frank and Dotson pass-first performance are missing in the Knicks offense. WHY ???
How many offensive plays have Fizdale run in the past two games? NONE !!!
You cant run plays having isolation shoot-first guards !!!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/26/2019  5:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2019  8:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:Fiz, is a coach players like and they will run thru a wall for him. They came back from 16 & 19 points down on the road against 2 PO teams , to make those games close.He is a motivator , problem is after that it goes down hill we have no system , no set plays to run for certain guys.Fiz needs to have top tier assistants to run the Xs & Os and he can just be the motivator, if you watch college football think Dabo at Clemson.
I agree the players dont quit for Fiz, thats a BIG positive. My main issue with Fiz is that he gives them too much free reign. If a player doesnt have it on a particular night and its a close game you cant keep having them force things and making mistakes.

Good points. However, we just paid quite a lot for Randle and Morris. They are our prized FA's. Is the second game of the year REALLY when its time to give up on letting them make a difference of the game? Despite struggles. Kyrie was struggling, did the Nets take him out?

Also Fiz did go back to the Trier and RJ combo despite it not working out in first game. Which was how the Knicks came back from getting blown out. He also inserted Ellington. Gut call. Who gave us the lead with hot shooting. Randle had a bad game and missed shots I don.t think he will miss on most nights. However, he was getting good looks and beating his man. Would agree that he needs to set other up a bit more though.

Overall, the only thing I saw from everyone's reactions to last nights game was a lot of arm chair coaching. Easy to use with retrospect as a main tool. I thought the team showed fight. RJ played well. Trier bounced back. Ellington showed he can be quick offense. Knox hit some threes in the first and Payton ran the offense well. Randle and Morris will get their legs and will have have solid years. Don't understand the anger in whether a 10th man is getting minutes or not.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Kemet

10/26/2019  5:42 PM
Chandler wrote:where does this players coach stuff come from? Lebron, D Wade and Bosch because they could do what they want?

DIdn't hear Gasol say that, KP etc.

He needs to talk straight and be consistent. Players will respect that. Trying to appease everyone is not working

Not attacking Kyrie with 5 fouls (and frankly all night long) is a brain fart at his end. Best way to neutralize a guy like Kyrie is making him play both ends

Barkley used to say it all the time; you have to punish them at the other end

Fizdale don't know how to write up a play having screens and Picks to have Kyrie defending Randle or Trier.
Fizdale need 3 super-star players in his lineup to win consecutive games !!!

NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
10/26/2019  6:05 PM
Overall, the only thing I saw from everyone's reactions to last nights game was alot of arm chair coaches that think they could magically change the results.[/quote]

Actually, it is not armchairing, it is basic b-ball IQ. Kyrie has 5 fouls with 4 mins to play and he is not shooting well at this point in the game. He was guarding Barrett and Zo, both attack the rim kind of players that can draw a foul. There is NO REASON coaching to include Fiz, should have not gone at Kyrie and ended this game. So, you are wrong, we could have changed the results of this game and shut the mouths of these Nets clowns about taking over NY, but instead, we take a hard loss in a game of pride for NY.

If baskets are not falling, call more timeouts and run real offensive plays, not freestyle for the last 4 and then not score for 3 of those 4 minutes. Some inconsistency is expected, but that kind of play and coaching is not. Pathetic yet predictable loss. New year, same results. It gets old.

cooch2584

10/26/2019  8:41 PM
I would like to know whos being called an armchair coach??
cooch2584

10/26/2019  8:53 PM
ALSO,can anyone tell me why irving wasn't thrown out when he pushed the ref in that mini fight? OH wait gotta have the supposed super star in the game. ITS BS!! you cant touch the ref period.
My advice to Fiz,yall can voice your opinion after this loss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy