[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason over. Whats your starting 5 n Rotation?
Author Thread
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

10/19/2019  5:58 PM
Payton Barrett Morris Randle Robinson...
This team is deep as hell!!
Knox
Smith
Portis
Gibson
Ellington
We need to use pieces to trade for a PG
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/19/2019  6:02 PM
Robinson
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2019  6:10 PM
arkrud wrote:Robinson
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr
This would be my five as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/19/2019  6:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2019  6:23 PM
Before the trade deadline:

Robinson
Randle
Morris
RJ
Dennis

After the trade deadline:

Robinson
Randle ( would prefer Knox, but I doubt we move Randle)
RJ
Zo
Dennis

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/19/2019  11:45 PM
When your offensive system does not have a set PLAN, nor have a couple of design PLAYS for a half-court offense of player-movement and ball-movement to create open looks for catch n shoot players (Dotson, Ellington, Knox, Morris, RJ), or the first step slashers (Knox, DSJ, Trier, RJ, Morris, Portis) to score or get fouled.
When u don't have none of the above in your so-call ISO-system .. It don't matter who u put in the starter lineup or the rotation, the team will be playing EXPERIMENT B.Ball each game having NO PLAN !!!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/19/2019  11:58 PM
Kemet wrote:When your offensive system does not have a set PLAN, nor have a couple of design PLAYS for a half-court offense of player-movement and ball-movement to create open looks for catch n shoot players (Dotson, Ellington, Knox, Morris, RJ), or the first step slashers (Knox, DSJ, Trier, RJ, Morris, Portis) to score or get fouled.
When u don't have none of the above in your so-call ISO-system .. It don't matter who u put in the starter lineup or the rotation, the team will be playing EXPERIMENT B.Ball each game having NO PLAN !!!

This is some deep bbal knowledge out there... and some mind reading mixed in...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Kemet

10/19/2019  11:58 PM
For the best growth of the Knicks high IQ rookie RJ Barrett .. coming off the bench as the Knicks 6-Man throughout his rookie season would be the best role for his NBA growth to watch all the Knick opponent starter on the court from the bench to see the team weak n strong areas of a opponent before clashing with them on the court.

So far the Mills/Perry show has already put 3 players in the regular-season starter lineup before training-camp .. MitchRob, Randle, and RJ Barrett ……………...

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/20/2019  12:21 AM
ok here is what I am thinking.

Starting Five
C: Mitchell Robinson
PF: Julius Randle
SF: Marcus Morris
SG: RJ Barrett
PG: Elfrid Payton

My bench, somewhat in order:
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox
Dennis Smith Jr.
Allonzo Trier
Bobby Portis

And then everyone else.

We really do need to make a 2 for 1 kind of trade, to upgrade some of the positions on the team, especially PG!

I toyed with the idea of starting Frank over RJ Barrett- thinking that having him at the SG may take some pressure off him. But RJ probably has more confidence than Frank.

And I might start DSjr in the 2 position. Not because he's earned it this year- but I'd like to get another PG in there to perhaps help with running the offense, and I'd like to restrict RJ's minutes.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/20/2019  12:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

Me too 😁

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

10/20/2019  5:31 AM
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

I don't disagree, but want to see Frank and DSJr. mix it up as the starting PG with this lineup.
Wouldn't mind a little bit of Trier thrown in as a 2G as well, depending on opponent.

And then after the trade deadline, you can probably bank on Morris and perhaps 1 or 2 more players moved.
The starting 5 after that will really be a foothold going forward.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
10/20/2019  7:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2019  11:43 AM
C - Robinson
PF - Randle
SF - Morris
SG - RJ
PG - Frank

Bench:

C/PF - Portis
PF/SF - Knox
SG/SF - Trier
PG - DSJ or Payton

/PassTheBall
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/20/2019  10:33 AM
Trying to make the pieces fit and form and identity. Things will look sloppy if certain combinations are together.

I don't think a starting lineup of Smith or Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, Robinson works well enough together to be a starting lineup. As it will be tough to create an identity with those different styles and skills. Nothing will get accomplished.

So 2 lineups should be formed:
Portis, Randle, Morris, Barrett, Frank. Work heavy PNR with Barrett & Randle as the features to create for others or themselves. Dependent on Frank knocking down the 3 to be 3&D alternate ball handler. Barrett would be primary ball handler.

Robinson, Knox, Ellington, Trier, Smith. Smaller lineup more focused on space and pace. If we are getting smashed on the boards or in the paint Gibson can come in with Knox moving over to SF. Would slow down the pace somewhat, but would counter the size if a problem.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2019  12:44 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Trying to make the pieces fit and form and identity. Things will look sloppy if certain combinations are together.

I don't think a starting lineup of Smith or Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, Robinson works well enough together to be a starting lineup. As it will be tough to create an identity with those different styles and skills. Nothing will get accomplished.

Portis, Randle, Morris, Barrett, Frank. Work heavy PNR with Barrett & Randle as the features to create for others or themselves. Dependent on Frank knocking down the 3 to be 3&D alternate ball handler. Barrett would be primary ball handler.

Robinson, Knox, Ellington, Trier, Smith. Smaller lineup more focused on space and pace. If we are getting smashed on the boards or in the paint Gibson can come in with Knox moving over to SF. Would slow down the pace somewhat, but would counter the size if a problem.

Frank knocking down the 3 changes most conversations about Frank. Frank's shooting in the preseason has followed his career pattern so I don't know if it is realistic to expect that to change. .111 from three in the preseason isn't going to help any argument that Frank has figured things out on offense.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
10/20/2019  1:37 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Trying to make the pieces fit and form and identity. Things will look sloppy if certain combinations are together.

I like it. What would switching Portis and Robinson do to your rationale here?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/20/2019  2:23 PM
OjilEye wrote:

I like it. What would switching Portis and Robinson do to your rationale here?

It hurts the spacing in the first unit. Makes the PNR more difficult for Barrett and Candle to operate. Robinson would need to be the primary PNR roller. But that eliminate the passing ability that Candle could provide out of it.

Robinson also would be more effective for that 2nd unit lineup. As Knox being the stretch 4 would create more one on one opportunities off rebs or lobs etc...for Mitch who can potentially own the matchup, Tyson Chandler style. That Smith-Trier-Ellington-Knox combo around Mitch would be fun to watch as well in terms of attacking and 3s.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Kemet

10/20/2019  5:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2019  5:11 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

I don't disagree, but want to see Frank and DSJr. mix it up as the starting PG with this lineup.
Wouldn't mind a little bit of Trier thrown in as a 2G as well, depending on opponent.

And then after the trade deadline, you can probably bank on Morris and perhaps 1 or 2 more players moved.

For some unknown reason throughout the offseason I thought Fizdale first priority in training-camp and throughout the preseason games were to get Frank & DSJ on the same-page in a lineup together.
The Pelicans coach Gentry attacked us having a Trio-guard lineup of PG-Jrue, PG-Ball, and 6.9 point-forward Ingram.
When will Fizdale acknowledge the majority of winning NBA teams has two PG in their lineup running the point together.

My Knicks starting lineup the first 20 games of the season are:
Frank
Dotson
Morris
Gibson
MitchRob
6th Man rookie RJ Barrett

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/20/2019  6:39 PM
Kemet wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

For some unknown reason throughout the offseason I thought Fizdale first priority in training-camp and throughout the preseason games were to get Frank & DSJ on the same-page in a lineup together.
The Pelicans coach Gentry attacked us having a Trio-guard lineup of PG-Jrue, PG-Ball, and 6.9 point-forward Ingram.
When will Fizdale acknowledge the majority of winning NBA teams has two PG in their lineup running the point together.

My Knicks starting lineup the first 20 games of the season are:
Frank
Dotson
Morris
Gibson
MitchRob
6th Man rookie RJ Barrett

so you are not playing our marque signing, Julius Randle?

And starting Dotson even though he just came back from surgery, and has barely played?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/20/2019  6:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

That's it but if Mitch doesn't play better Bobby Portis is right there to take his minutes off the bench. Portis is a damn good player

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/20/2019  8:24 PM
TLover wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

Me too 😁

That would be the “on paper” lineup.

But the way Dennis looked, that would be a mistake for opening night.

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/20/2019  8:41 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
TLover wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Randle
Morris
Barret
DSJr

Me too 😁

That would be the “on paper” lineup.

But the way Dennis looked, that would be a mistake for opening night.

Since you are basing everything on a 2 to 3 game sample and ignoring 2 years worth of regular season play; starting a guy who shot 28% from the field and 11% from 3 during the pre-season wouldn't be a mistake?

Preseason over. Whats your starting 5 n Rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy