[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rj Barrett and Allonzo Trier Starting Backcourt?
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

10/14/2019  11:00 AM
What do you think? Could it work? I'd give it a try in preseason.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/14/2019  1:25 PM
RJ needs a shooter/defender in the back court next to him. Fred VanVleet, who's a UFA next summer would be fantastic.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/14/2019  1:34 PM
It's preseason, so now is the time to try everything. My concerns with that lineup is that you'd have to relegate Iso to more of spot up role because RJ's shot is still spotty. But I see no harm in trying that combo in spot minutes.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/14/2019  5:30 PM
DSJr is a better option than Trier at the point. Dont believe Barrett is ready to run an offense yet. Trier was passing more from what we've seen so far. Like to see how he plays coming off the bench first. Get the feeling that Barrett will start, and there is a long line at PG.

Trier showing he can get buckets without developing tunnel vision, will make him a valuable bench player. With his D.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/15/2019  9:49 AM
I am looking forward to seeing the improved DSjr at this point. He deserves a chance. IF his shot and D are more consistent than he can be decent. I know payton is better than he is showing now and will get better as the season goes on.

Frank and his groin! not good for Frank. He does not need to get behind and if he is out for a bit - he will. I like Frank and I definitely think NY should pick up the option for next year but the injury concern is now becoming an issue. He changes the game - we see that. He needs to play and ALSO become more consistent with his shot and being agressive. His D and ball movement are very good, IMO and he is a old school PG who looks to set up beofre looking for his own. That being said, when he looks for his own, it has to be better.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/22/2019  2:47 PM
You called that fam... SNY is reporting that the Knicks are thinking about starting RJ and Trier together
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2019  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2019  3:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:You called that fam... SNY is reporting that the Knicks are thinking about starting RJ and Trier together

Can't front...Zo is my favorite Knick. Dude is a dawg and is not scared of the moment at all. Love his aggressiveness and IDGAF attitude. His game needs some refining, but he's young and there's time. Zo needs to be starting at the 2, and RJ at the 3 but that's another topic...

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/22/2019  3:07 PM
I think DSJ and Trier should play a lot together, they will push the pace along with knox, then roll with taj and portis in the front court..This would be my bench squad.
ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/22/2019  3:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:You called that fam... SNY is reporting that the Knicks are thinking about starting RJ and Trier together

Can't front...Zo is my favorite Knick. Dude is a dawg and is not scared of the moment at all. Love his aggressiveness and IDGAF attitude. His game needs some refining, but he's young and there's time. Zo needs to be starting at the 2, and RJ at the 3 but that's another topic...

Im thinking they are thinking about Trier starting and going small because Mitch is out. Everyone gets focused on things like FRank/DS/Elf but we are not working with all in the info (practice). For all we know Trier is exploding (which would be GREAT)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/22/2019  4:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Im thinking they are thinking about Trier starting and going small because Mitch is out. Everyone gets focused on things like FRank/DS/Elf but we are not working with all in the info (practice). For all we know Trier is exploding (which would be GREAT)

This would show me they are committed to Barrett being the point-forward on the team. Trier shoots efficient enough, the only question with Trier is if he can work his game into a team concept. His catch and shoot has looked good so far. Now can he expand to look to create for others just as much as himself.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/22/2019  4:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2019  4:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

This. Article mentioned the source did not know exactly where Fiz was thinking of starting Trier in place of Mitch. But your right. A good possibility is Trier at SG and RJ at 3 with Randle moving to the 5. Another possibility was Portis or Taj at the 5. Although Taj has a sore right calf and may also be out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/22/2019  4:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

And maybe Fiz is buying all this "Don't call me Iso-Zo" stuff... A DSJr and Trier backcourt give you two freaks with marginal chips on their shoulders, and lets RJ play the 3, which is where he belongs. At this point, the 497 4's we signed can hold gladiator tournaments for the other two spots with MitchRob out.

Suddenly, that backcourt just makes me happy!

NBK
Member: #8667

10/22/2019  6:18 PM
Looks like this just may happen. I'm hyped for tomorrow night man!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2019  10:05 PM
BigDaddyG

10/22/2019  11:52 PM
Uptown wrote:

I would've like to see that combo in pre-season first, but I know as much as you about what goes on in practice. Dot probably still needs time to round into shape. Whatever Fiz does, I hope he stays with it for a while. Last year's lineups were disorienting.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/23/2019  5:00 PM
Both players have potential as passers for this to work. A little skeptical but definitely worth a shot.
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

10/23/2019  5:42 PM
TPercy wrote:Both players have potential as passers for this to work. A little skeptical but definitely worth a shot.

Unfortunately, all of our backcourt combinations are flawed. Hopefully, one of the PGs grab the starting spot by the p#$$!...I thought Elfrid was a shoe-in to start the season. But I guess he's been as meh in practice as he has been in preseason games.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/23/2019  7:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2019  7:35 PM
It’s happening!

Knicks_Fan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/23/2019  8:01 PM
TPercy wrote:Both players have potential as passers for this to work. A little skeptical but definitely worth a shot.

Someone needs to be able to hit a damn jump shot. Trier can, so he starts

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Rj Barrett and Allonzo Trier Starting Backcourt?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy