[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Be Cool......
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/9/2019  8:31 AM
fwk00 wrote:Durant used to be cool, too.

This
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2019  10:37 AM
Baffles me that KP did not see himself as part of the solution. A supremely confident player would. So I see KP bolting as a money or contract thing.
A healthy KD and Irving with some tweeks to knicks could have made them "Cool". Fact is Nets are further along. Fact is this time last year I was hoping KP returns by seasons end and Knicks show enough meddle to warrant KD and perhaps with some finagle we get Irving and have a trio. Imagine Mitch in the middle flanked by KD and KP as a front line. Kyrie is fun to watch. Maybe he turns the corner.
Personally Nets are not the measure nor their success make me more or less happy. My focus is the knicks success. If they are, I am good. If Knicks suck, and nets suck more, is that really anyting other than a consolation benefit?

I hate when Redsox succeed but When Yanks do I don't even think about Redsox. That rivalry exists because they play important games. Knicks and Nets have not really succeeded at one time that I can recall any "Moment" of importance. That's sad. Im impressed Nets made a three year turn around rebuilding. Im hopeful we can to. KP was a big setback in my mind.

When Knicks and Net square off in the playoffs and its a "Turf War" perhaps I'll feel different. Then its real. Now, I expect Nets to be a 5th-6th-7th seed and we are not playoff bound yet.

Nalod
USA
10/9/2019  1:52 PM
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/10/2019  7:42 AM
“S–t, I feel cool in blue and orange. I don’t know about everybody else, but I feel pretty cool wearing my Knicks gear every day,” Julius Randle said Wednesday after practice in Tarrytown. “It’s a dream come true for me. Everybody has their own opinion. … I know KD, I don’t think he meant it as a slight, honestly.

“I feel cool every day walking into this practice facility, and I know for sure I’m gonna feel cool walking into that Garden Friday night knowing that’s my home court.”

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/knicks-arent-worried-how-cool-kevin-durant-thinks-they-are/

Nalod
USA
10/10/2019  8:14 AM
Rereading Durants comment he does not “destroy” the knicks.
He said “Not cool right now.....Not like GSW and Lakers.....”. Fact is Lakers have a lot more success then Knicks in last 20 years and GSW is very the last 6!!! Emphasis is “Cool right now”. Team won 17 games last year. Not cool. The knicks going into last year as mentioned had KP talking “Christmas” and a narrative of KD was interested. Tell me what happened in the 90 days leading p to the trade? How did Knicks mess up? How did Fiz mess up? How did Perry mess up? How did KP mess up? Publicly we got KP tweets, Dolan expressed enthusiasm (Not lies), Enes wants to get paid. Losses mounting but not frustration or veteran demise. We go with Yoot and tank. New Lottery, no Zion.
I think Durant made a good choice for himself. Knicks were not “cool”. YOung guys? We might have. Even “Snubbed” by Kawhi, Irving and Durant. Tobias Harris really was not a fit here and Middleton had the big money waiting in Milwaukee.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pretending this team is not without its history, but for the moment the “Snub” by big stars well into their prime are not good fits MUTUALLY no matter how the media paints it.

Be Cool......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy