[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Morris
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/8/2019  9:54 AM
Alright, there is toughness. Now we need it channeled like Oakley. Crazy eyes. The no layups kind of fouls. Not the cutesy ball on the head kind. Or the stupid JR Smith headband, shoe lace non-sense.

I'd guess this was a message that was sent and that you will see that toughness focused.

It made me smile though. I like it.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2019  10:59 AM
I hope for all the bravdo of toughness and the leadership provided he does not take us out of games as well.
How many times we see the selfish tough guy act ruin momentum and change a game. Teams will bait him into losing his mind too.
Rashweed fell victim to that until he learned otherwise.

Seems every game where there was a Morris twin there was an "issue". At this point its preseason and our yoot needs this. I like mentally tough too, guys that have focus to hit shots and understand the game. Not bone head tough guys.

TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
10/8/2019  12:53 PM
Bring in the other twin too!! Love the toughness of Marcus and he can play.
elmaestro33
Member: #8622

10/8/2019  1:40 PM
I lost a ton of respect for Morris with that move. Completely unnecessary and I'd definitely not classify that move as tough. It was a cheap-shot by a big loser. And this guy is supposed to be the "veteran" presence on the team... give me a break
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/8/2019  1:54 PM
elmaestro33 wrote:I lost a ton of respect for Morris with that move. Completely unnecessary and I'd definitely not classify that move as tough. It was a cheap-shot by a big loser. And this guy is supposed to be the "veteran" presence on the team... give me a break

I have mixed feelings. I did get hype seeing him get physical. And I know he it wasn't just because it was Anderson. I've seen Morris get nasty with stars too. At the same time... it's a pre-season against the Wiz. Save that crap for the regular season. That mentality needs to be reined in.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/8/2019  2:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
elmaestro33 wrote:I lost a ton of respect for Morris with that move. Completely unnecessary and I'd definitely not classify that move as tough. It was a cheap-shot by a big loser. And this guy is supposed to be the "veteran" presence on the team... give me a break

I have mixed feelings. I did get hype seeing him get physical. And I know he it wasn't just because it was Anderson. I've seen Morris get nasty with stars too. At the same time... it's a pre-season against the Wiz. Save that crap for the regular season. That mentality needs to be reined in.

I said tough -- not heroic. I am not telling my daughters to play like this, but I am perfectly fine with our team having enforcer type personalities around. Make people think about being rough with our youth.

Remember this?

I don't think Zion acts like that with Morris. You don't think one of our vets would/should have been in his face for that? I want that presence on the Court. I am not looking to see guys get hurt. But like having an enforcer in hockey, sometimes you need a guy like that to make sure guys play clean.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/8/2019  2:53 PM

He said if it was a regular season game he wouldn't have done that..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2019  3:18 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I said tough -- not heroic. I am not telling my daughters to play like this, but I am perfectly fine with our team having enforcer type personalities around. Make people think about being rough with our youth.

Remember this?

I don't think Zion acts like that with Morris. You don't think one of our vets would/should have been in his face for that? I want that presence on the Court. I am not looking to see guys get hurt. But like having an enforcer in hockey, sometimes you need a guy like that to make sure guys play clean.

I did not see Zion do anything wrong there. He took the ball. Didn't preen or anything. it was a clean basket ball play. If Morris took offense to that and retaliated then it would be a punk move.

elmaestro33

10/8/2019  11:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I doubt he can control his emotions. I'm sure we'll see ton of classless moves like this all season. He's been doing it his entire career

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/9/2019  12:44 PM
elmaestro33 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I doubt he can control his emotions. I'm sure we'll see ton of classless moves like this all season. He's been doing it his entire career

if that is what you take away from his career you havent been watching very closely.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
elmaestro33

10/9/2019  1:33 PM
It’s certainly one take-away. We’re obviously not talking about his basketball skills here fishmike.

The guy’s been in trouble with the law on multiple occasions (battery, assault) and has played for what, 5 different teams so far?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/9/2019  3:11 PM
elmaestro33 wrote:It’s certainly one take-away. We’re obviously not talking about his basketball skills here fishmike.

The guy’s been in trouble with the law on multiple occasions (battery, assault) and has played for what, 5 different teams so far?

And Spree choked his coach. I am not looking to emulate the Portland Jailblazers from years back, but just ask the basic questions. Can this guy help this team? Will this guy be a positive influence on this team?

Billups was on 4 teams in 4 years. Morris has value. Remember he was all but signed with the Spurs?

The role of enforcer often gets overvalued, but here I think the value is spot on. We need to keep our kids from getting kicked around. Morris is not a long term piece here (not likely) but he serves an important role in the transformation of this team. No?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/9/2019  3:26 PM
elmaestro33 wrote:It’s certainly one take-away. We’re obviously not talking about his basketball skills here fishmike.

The spurs wanted him big time, so his rep has a never prevented him from being wanted by any team.

I was seated behind the Knicks bench and more than half the ppl around me where knick fans cheering him on

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2019  5:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
elmaestro33 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

if that is what you take away from his career you havent been watching very closely.

Guys that covered the Celtics last year raved about Morris’s professionalism and leadership despite the dysfunctional environment.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/9/2019  9:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
elmaestro33 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Guys that covered the Celtics last year raved about Morris’s professionalism and leadership despite the dysfunctional environment.

I’m so sorry. Some people are allowed to think that bonk he did was classless and they may think I am classless for this.... but I laugh at that bonk every single time. That was some funny $hit.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/9/2019  9:39 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
elmaestro33 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I’m so sorry. Some people are allowed to think that bonk he did was classless and they may think I am classless for this.... but I laugh at that bonk every single time. That was some funny $hit.

Morris was hearing it right off the bat. Dont mind that Morris gave Anderson a wake up call, on behalf of the Knicks.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/9/2019  10:36 PM
Classic case of love him on your team, hate him om the other.
NBK
Member: #8667

10/10/2019  12:00 AM
I just want him to be physical and a no-nonsense type of player. Not stupid. Bang people around, stick up or his teammates and coach, that kind of stuff. But hey, remember John Starks? Guess if your gonna bring back the 90's, you need one guy kinda nuts!
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/11/2019  4:53 PM
elmaestro33 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Morris has been a big leader in catching technical (another Rasheed Wallace) however, Marcus Morris are the best winning player on the Knicks roster in the 2019-20 season. The 3 yr contract the Knicks gave to Randle should've been given to Morris. To me Horford & Morris put the Boston Celtics back on the playoff map the last few seasons.

Marcus Morris

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy