Why some blogs suck.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2019  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2019  5:50 PM
Look at this byline.......

Yet another contract extension will limit 2020 NBA free agency, potentially deciding for the New York Knicks what to do with their own players.

https://dailyknicks.com/2019/10/07/new-york-knicks-kyle-lowry-contract-continues-close-2020-free-agency/

This is for Kyle lowry who got a one year 31mm extension from the Raptors. He is 33 now. Kyle got his chip and respect for his work in Toronto. See what this blogger is doing? He throws fuel on the fire as if somehow knicks would be missing yet another Free agent!
No disrespect for Kyle. Knicks not looking at a guy at his age and salary. That's the kind of crap that killed this franchise for years.

Shame on this blogger and shame on gullible fans that eat this crap up.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2019  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2019  4:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Look at this byline.......

Yet another contract extension will limit 2020 NBA free agency, potentially deciding for the New York Knicks what to do with their own players.

https://dailyknicks.com/2019/10/07/new-york-knicks-kyle-lowry-contract-continues-close-2020-free-agency/

This is for Kyle lowry who got a one year 31mm extension from the Raptors. He is 33 now. Kyle got his chip and respect for his work in Toronto. See what this blogger is doing? He throws fuel on the fire as if somehow knicks would be missing yet another Free agent!
No disrespect for Kyle. Knicks not looking at a guy at his age and salary. That's the kind of crap that killed this franchise for year.

Shame on this blogger and shame on gullible fans that eat this crap up.

It's the name of the game. Gotta churn out that content. No different than every time Isola writes a detailed on article on the impact Lamelo Ball's big game in Australia will impact free agency in 2027 or whenever. I'm not the biggest Daily Knicks fan, but they aight. Wish they'd analyze more and aggregate less.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/7/2019  7:55 PM
There is a website that highlights the best articles on each team daily. I don’t remember the link but it is a nice way to filter out stuff that is just being rehashed etc. Articles are newspaper and blogs. I will post the link if I can find it again.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
10/12/2019  7:15 PM
This the link I was looking for. Always good stuff here.
http://basketballintelligence.net
CrushAlot
USA
10/13/2019  12:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:This the link I was looking for. Always good stuff here.
http://basketballintelligence.net

No articles made the cut again from the NY media.

BigDaddyG

10/14/2019  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2019  2:04 PM
Hollinger write up on the Knicks from the Athletic. I'm a little disappointed with his takes. Players like Iguadola? Harkless? Those guys are better than Morris? And how is that Iggy trade working out? He doesn't want to play their. How would that distraction change if the Knicks got him? Yes, I'd rather have Taj on a bloated one year deal than Kornett and Vonleh. Just because they were relatively young doesn't mean they were part of the team's future. That move was obviously made to help develop Mitch, who is part of the team's future. Also, this article has none of the statistical analysis that I usually enjoy from Hollinger. All in all, the win total isn't to far removed from what many of us are expecting.

https://theathletic.com/1290137/2019/10/14/hollingers-nba-division-previews-sizing-up-the-atlantic-starts-with-the-sixers/

New York Knicks
Hamstrung by the rule requiring teams to spend all their cap space in the first 12 minutes of free agency, the Knicks assembled a hodgepodge of middling veterans on one-year deals in the faint hope that maybe somebody will take their money next year.

What made New York’s offseason so bizarre is that the Knicks enjoyed the same opportunity as other rebuilding teams – such as Atlanta or Memphis – to accumulate draft picks in return for renting out their cap space. And they would have had better players! Moe Harkless and Andre Iguodala both came attached with quality first-round draft picks; those two on the perimeter would be a far better sight than the Wayne Ellington-Reggie Bullock-Morris ****tail for which New York eventually settled. Given a brief reprieve after Bullock’s failed physical granted them $15 million in room, the Knicks still went out and signed another random vet in Morris.

New York also doubled down spending on veteran bigs, an odd choice in a league where perimeter players command a premium and relatively decent, inexpensive centers are widely available. Paying Bobby Portis $15 million to get roasted on pick-and-rolls in a new uniform seems unlikely to help this team’s upside, especially since it also entailed pushing a decent home-grown center prospect out the door in Luke Kornet. Similarly, Taj Gibson is a fine guy to have around, but why not bring back Noah Vonleh for one-third the price?

New York placed one good bet in the free-agent market, giving a still-young Elfrid Payton a two-year deal with a partial guarantee after he showed considerable progress with the Pelicans a year ago. Between Payton and Dennis Smith, Jr., the Knicks can reasonably hope to produce at least 1.0 starting-caliber point guards by the end of next season.

Neither are knockdown shooters, however, meaning each will be odd fits next to R.J. Barrett, a ball-dominant wing who doesn’t shoot well, and Julius Randle, a ball-dominant 5 who doesn’t shoot well. Randle will put up numbers, especially on this team. But the question has always been whether his 20-10 nights are empty calories, or if he can play enough defense and provide enough shooting/passing to actually impact winning. At $19 million a year, it needs to be the latter.

In between all the average veterans making twice their worth, some young Knicks deserve watching. Mitchell Robinson is wild and undisciplined but also a massively talented shot-blocker. Ignas Brazdeikis may have been a great draft find after he slipped to the back half of the second round. He’s a fiery combo forward whose best moments are reminiscent of Andres Nocioni, and he comes off a very strong Summer League. Behind them, Damyean Dotson is limited but shows flashes of 3-and-D potential, while Allonzo Trier can score but needs to discover the concept of passing.

Unfortunately, two recent lottery picks have struggled. Kevin Knox endured a brutal rookie year despite exhibiting a feathery shooting touch. He needs to dial up his motor and add enough shake off the dribble to rely less on his in-between game. Last season he tried more long 2s than shots in the restricted area; adding an assist every week or two also would be nice.

Frank Ntilikina teases with his defensive tools and is just 21, but he can’t dribble past anybody and is barely adequate as a shooter. Scoring 11 points against the U.S. in a FIBA game didn’t change that. He already seems out of the team’s plans and may soon be traded.

Needless to say, Barrett is the most important of the bunch, and he’ll have the ball in his hands from the opening tip. His rookie year may be a bumpy ride considering all the rough edges in his game, but he represents the Knicks’ best chance at a foundational star since they drafted Kristaps Porzingis in 2015.

Prediction: 28-54, 5th in Atlantic Division, 12th in Eastern Conference.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/14/2019  2:57 PM
This DailyKnicks article a little better. I want to see Frank improve here, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

New York Knicks: Three potential Frank Ntilikina and Pistons trades
https://dailyknicks.com/2019/10/14/new-york-knicks-three-potential-frank-ntilikina-pistons-trades/

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/14/2019  4:30 PM
ahhhh the proverbial opinion of an opinion
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Why some blogs suck.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy