[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason GameThread @ Wiz 10/7: Holy cow I didn't realize first game was tomorrow
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/8/2019  6:59 AM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:That Wiz line up is Sad. I’m gonna be tempered a bit despite my happy we won.
I still have to get used to Morris being a Knick. Not sure which is which or they any different. Same look, same salty personality.
Frank. Good things happen on the floor when he is playing. Just needs to hit like two more shots a game. I liked the drives. Liked he kept shooting.
RJ is not nearly as silkly as McGrady. Is it the Droopy eyes? Or his game that reminds of Tracy?
Randle getting the ball stripped? Maybe I’m over reacting but it was a bad scene.
I liked what I saw from Knox.
Mitch is gonna be a good one. He had a put back dunk on his own shot. It was really quite an athletic feat! He gonna be a good one!!!

Gibson as great. He got his Lance groove!

See, this is an issue already. Barrett is not McGrady yet he kinda looks like him so fans want him to
Be T-Mac. Barrett had a pretty rock solid game last night and there are already people coming up with reasons why he’s not McGrady (which he isn’t) as opposed to talking about what he did.

Its ok, its the first game and our BLue Chip Blue Devil had a monumental third quarter and some excited. I saw what is going to be an up and down season for the rookie but one with promise.
The kid is very strong and a total package. His shot was inconstant in college and at worse he is streaky. HE is 19.

I think there should be excitement. He competes on defense. He takes it to basket very strong. His court vision is excellent. He rebounds really well too. He has star potential.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2019  7:25 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:That Wiz line up is Sad. I’m gonna be tempered a bit despite my happy we won.
I still have to get used to Morris being a Knick. Not sure which is which or they any different. Same look, same salty personality.
Frank. Good things happen on the floor when he is playing. Just needs to hit like two more shots a game. I liked the drives. Liked he kept shooting.
RJ is not nearly as silkly as McGrady. Is it the Droopy eyes? Or his game that reminds of Tracy?
Randle getting the ball stripped? Maybe I’m over reacting but it was a bad scene.
Mitch is gonna be a good one. He had a put back dunk on his own shot. It was really quite an athletic feat! He gonna be a good one!!!

See, this is an issue already. Barrett is not McGrady yet he kinda looks like him so fans want him to
Be T-Mac. Barrett had a pretty rock solid game last night and there are already people coming up with reasons why he’s not McGrady (which he isn’t) as opposed to talking about what he did.

Its ok, its the first game and our BLue Chip Blue Devil had a monumental third quarter and some excited. I saw what is going to be an up and down season for the rookie but one with promise.
The kid is very strong and a total package. His shot was inconstant in college and at worse he is streaky. HE is 19.

I think there should be excitement. He competes on defense. He takes it to basket very strong. His court vision is excellent. He rebounds really well too. He has star potential.

If we must, I go young:

Cazzie Russell
Corey Maggette (Blue Devel)
Joe Johnson

Im super impressed with this kid. The shot still needs work. Hate to say it, Two years away. Nalod just tempered into reality but that's not a bad thing.
Frank was close on a few drives. No doubt he was "too young" at 18 to get into the league and perhaps we judge him. What Im saw last night was what we should have seen last year.
But here we are at year three. Can't change history. The team was more fluid with him on the court. He came in the third period after knicks blew the lead and that's when RJ turned the game. I think Game was tied. Barrett a nice shot, and Wiz came back in transition. Frank blocked layup, which started a break and we up by 4. Turned the momentum.
Defense creates uptempo offense. Franks shot is improving. He did something in the first half with a dribble move that faked out the defense, created space for Knox and he got the dime when Kevin soared. Was a very simple but pretty move.
Im a fan. Looking for clues........
Of course I extend him. I like fundamentally sound players. The shot, he gotta get that shot down!!!!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/8/2019  7:30 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

my friends, relax. this board has gotten way too uptight. knock down some drinks and have some fun on a game thread like the old days.

btw i figured ouy how morris can avoid suspension: “it wasn’t me, it was markieff!”

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/8/2019  7:55 AM
Nalod wrote:RJ is not nearly as silkly as McGrady. Is it the Droopy eyes? Or his game that reminds of Tracy?

His eyes actually reminded me of sleepy floyd more than tmac

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2019  8:11 AM
Marv wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

my friends, relax. this board has gotten way too uptight. knock down some drinks and have some fun on a game thread like the old days.

btw i figured ouy how morris can avoid suspension: “it wasn’t me, it was markieff!”

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/8/2019  8:22 AM
the amount of good things are almost too many to list.. but lets try:
(in no particular order)

Taj: this is the pro we all were hoping Lance would be. Man he looked great. He's so strong on the boards and D, he's a ball mover. He can really help us.

Ellington: did anyone even know he was out there? Im like "whos that guy flying around screens with the quick release knocking them down?" OH... thats Wayne Ellington

Morris: the boink heard around the world! (or at least the beltway) We got a tough pro who's not letting this squad get pushed around

Randle: 7 assists

Frank/Knox: both are clearly more physically mature and are big long guys.

Frank didnt have a great shooting night but started strong, was +16 and made many plays on defense.

Knox looked great. He really looks different playing around pros. Different GOOD.

recap: So far we look like what was promised. We got some quality vets to raise the play of the guys around them. We got an impact rookie in RJ. We are going to defend. We are deep. We are going to move the ball more and ISO less... so far all promises delivered

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
10/8/2019  8:24 AM
Rj moves like Tracy..has a similar physical presence. A bit shorter but RJ goes to the basket well, rebounds and passes. He has the potential to be a triple double threat. Like TM RJ isn't fast but moves well and gets to his spots as needed. RJ is not a great shooter. TM learned how to shoot it but neer had the greatest form like RJ.

just my $0.02

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/8/2019  8:27 AM
fishmike wrote:the amount of good things are almost too many to list.. but lets try:
(in no particular order)

Taj: this is the pro we all were hoping Lance would be. Man he looked great. He's so strong on the boards and D, he's a ball mover. He can really help us.

Ellington: did anyone even know he was out there? Im like "whos that guy flying around screens with the quick release knocking them down?" OH... thats Wayne Ellington

Morris: the boink heard around the world! (or at least the beltway) We got a tough pro who's not letting this squad get pushed around

Randle: 7 assists

Frank/Knox: both are clearly more physically mature and are big long guys.

Frank didnt have a great shooting night but started strong, was +16 and made many plays on defense.

Knox looked great. He really looks different playing around pros. Different GOOD.

recap: So far we look like what was promised. We got some quality vets to raise the play of the guys around them. We got an impact rookie in RJ. We are going to defend. We are deep. We are going to move the ball more and ISO less... so far all promises delivered

I think if we find ourselves competing for a playoff spot, Ellington is going to find more and more playing time. Those catch and shoot players who can move around screens like how he can are pretty valuable to good teams.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
USA
10/8/2019  8:43 AM
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/10/8/20904128/knicks-104-wizards-99-its-only-been-one-preseason-game-but-its-safe-to-say-were-making-the-ecfgreat write up and high lights
houston20
Member: #8797

10/8/2019  11:14 AM
I thought frank had mixed bag last night he had some good things and some bad things. I thought rj barret played great the one thing i notice he is strong. I like what i saw with kevin knox played great he didn't force any bad shots. I thought randle played solid did little bit everything, i also thought morris played great. I thought mitch robinson had mixed bag last night did some good things and bad things , he needs to better job of rebounding the basketball.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/8/2019  11:52 AM
Why didn't Portia play? I must have missed something? Is he hurt?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/8/2019  12:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Why didn't Portia play? I must have missed something? Is he hurt?

bruised rib.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/8/2019  12:17 PM
houston20 wrote:I thought frank had mixed bag last night he had some good things and some bad things. I thought rj barret played great the one thing i notice he is strong. I like what i saw with kevin knox played great he didn't force any bad shots. I thought randle played solid did little bit everything, i also thought morris played great. I thought mitch robinson had mixed bag last night did some good things and bad things , he needs to better job of rebounding the basketball.

That's going to be difficult when you're focusing on blocking every shot attempt, regardless to if it's a shot in the paint or perimeter

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/8/2019  12:24 PM
A few comments:
I really liked how Frank stuck with it with his perimeter shooting and hit that 3 after 2 misses. That was a great moment for him.

RJ Barrett is a bit like rookie Dwyane Wade or super rookie Landry Fields. Always in the right place at the right time to make plays, very active on the floor. Passes, rebounds, scores in transition, PG-quality skills in a bigger body. Really impressive 3rd quarter stretch for him.

The newer, taller Taj Gibson is going to be a weapon. He can give us some of that Kenyon Martin/Rasheed Wallace/Terry Cummings/Buck Williams/Kurt Thomas type of mobile veteran big man toughness that we’ve been lacking in recent years. (Sorry Kyle O’Quinn)

Randle handles the rock like the second coming of Anthony Mason. Really impressive.

Our perimeter shooting is going to be much improved.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/8/2019  12:46 PM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

If we must, I go young:

Cazzie Russell
Joe Johnson

Im super impressed with this kid. The shot still needs work. Hate to say it, Two years away. Nalod just tempered into reality but that's not a bad thing.
Frank was close on a few drives. No doubt he was "too young" at 18 to get into the league and perhaps we judge him. What Im saw last night was what we should have seen last year.
But here we are at year three. Can't change history. The team was more fluid with him on the court. He came in the third period after knicks blew the lead and that's when RJ turned the game. I think Game was tied. Barrett a nice shot, and Wiz came back in transition. Frank blocked layup, which started a break and we up by 4. Turned the momentum.
Defense creates uptempo offense. Franks shot is improving. He did something in the first half with a dribble move that faked out the defense, created space for Knox and he got the dime when Kevin soared. Was a very simple but pretty move.
Of course I extend him. I like fundamentally sound players. The shot, he gotta get that shot down!!!!

His game actually gave me Caron Butler vibes. Just the utility and physical nature of their games. Caron was also a solid, not spectacular athlete. Butler was way more polished offensively his rookie year, but he was also older. Whatever, the next game he'll give me Arrest vibes and the game after that it'll be Malik Rose and I'll hate him. Just want him to steadily improve and find his own game.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
10/8/2019  1:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

If we must, I go young:

Cazzie Russell
Joe Johnson

His game actually gave me Caron Butler vibes. Just the utility and physical nature of their games. Caron was also a solid, not spectacular athlete. Butler was way more polished offensively his rookie year, but he was also older. Whatever, the next game he'll give me Arrest vibes and the game after that it'll be Malik Rose and I'll hate him. Just want him to steadily improve and find his own game.

Caron Butler is a decent physical compare. I see RJ as more a floor vision guy though and I expect more assists.
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/8/2019  1:20 PM
25 assists....more than any of our pre season games last season which is a good sign. We average like less than 20 per game last year so I hope we keep this going
The Future is Bright!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/8/2019  1:22 PM
Frank was awesome in this game. You could see when Payten wasn’t able to keep his man down and Frizdale who seems to be getting wiser brought Frank back in the lead went back up. Plus minus tells everything with Frank. He keeps everyone happy and that is winning basketball. Defense was excellent all game. Very few lapses.

Let us not forget it is pre season and excitement should be curtailed at all costs.

BigDaddyG

10/8/2019  1:41 PM
Vmart wrote:Frank was awesome in this game. You could see when Payten wasn’t able to keep his man down and Frizdale who seems to be getting wiser brought Frank back in the lead went back up. Plus minus tells everything with Frank. He keeps everyone happy and that is winning basketball. Defense was excellent all game. Very few lapses.

Let us not forget it is pre season and excitement should be curtailed at all costs.

Yeah, I also wouldn't get on Frank too much. Efficiency wise, it was just bad, not horrible like other games. He started slow in the FIBA friendlies too. He'll probably get a start on pre-season along with everyone else. Still not confident about Morris guarding wings, but the immature part of my brain did get hype seeing Morris son Anderson. I also get scared thinking about would Morris would be doing if he couldn't shoot a basketball.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/8/2019  1:49 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

If we must, I go young:

Cazzie Russell
Joe Johnson

Caron Butler is a decent physical compare. I see RJ as more a floor vision guy though and I expect more assists.

Butler actually had seasons when he averaged 4-5 assists. Very underrated as a point forward. I hope we turn out to be like that Miami Heat team during Wade's rookie season. A mix of young and old vets with a lot left to prove. Randle is even at a similar stage of his career that Odom was at. I still don't see us making the playoffs, but we should be far more entertaining.
Preseason GameThread @ Wiz 10/7: Holy cow I didn't realize first game was tomorrow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy