Close this thread.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/4/2019  6:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2019  6:35 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:No

Close this thread.

Can Julius Randle run the Forward position?

Seems like since he came to NY, he forgot how to play ball. Every move is bully ball style. That only works when you have the respect of the refs to get calls. The refs don't give us anything....

I just want him to be a solid post player, that demands double teams. Then pass out of the double. I'm sure he was doing this in NO. But it's something about these broadway lights that changes everybody's game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/4/2019  8:13 PM
Julius Randle is an awful fit for this team. He makes no sense next to Mitch. He would of fit well next to Porzingis. Scott Perry has no fing vision. He ia just as bad as Fizdale. The count down for everyone except Mills getting fired has started.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/4/2019  8:34 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Julius Randle is an awful fit for this team. He makes no sense next to Mitch. He would of fit well next to Porzingis. Scott Perry has no fing vision. He ia just as bad as Fizdale. The count down for everyone except Mills getting fired has started.

You know who would have been good for the Knicks Gallo.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/4/2019  11:25 PM
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

Seems like since he came to NY, he forgot how to play ball. Every move is bully ball style. That only works when you have the respect of the refs to get calls. The refs don't give us anything....

I just want him to be a solid post player, that demands double teams. Then pass out of the double. I'm sure he was doing this in NO. But it's something about these broadway lights that changes everybody's game.

no. He is playing the same. TWO big differences though.

1. Jrue Holiday

2. He is being asked to play a role he is not meant for and that's to be the "alpha" and carry a team. I think we can all agree he can't be that player and the fact that he is, shows how bad we are.

Vmart wrote:

Jeezuz...we still got Knick fans bending over for this dude in 2019?!

gtfoh.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/5/2019  7:57 AM
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

hes been given the task of doing to much.solid post player is his forte let it end there

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2019  9:50 AM
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

The pressure is real

Living up to his contract
Bright lights
New role
new teammates
1st time seeing double teams
no other star on the roster
no shooters to take away the double teams
No system
no PG.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/5/2019  10:13 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

2. He is being asked to play a role he is not meant for and that's to be the "alpha" and carry a team. I think we can all agree he can't be that player and the fact that he is, shows how bad we are.

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

I have no special affection for Danilo. But he is a damn good bball player. His problem is injuries. But he is a high quality 2-way player. He shouldn't be stuck on rebuilding teams.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/5/2019  10:16 AM
I am wondering if Randle is the one that needs to be sacrificed in the starting lineup. Mitch Robinson is more important for the long term.

Would putting Knox and Morris at the forward spots or putting Portis at PF would be what's nessesary?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2019  10:41 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I am wondering if Randle is the one that needs to be sacrificed in the starting lineup. Mitch Robinson is more important for the long term.

Would putting Knox and Morris at the forward spots or putting Portis at PF would be what's nessesary?

I thought about this too. But Randle's left leg would need to fall off before he sees the bench. That's just the way the politics play out.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2019  11:19 AM
If Mitch can hit a midrange jumper he will open things up. He gets some incredible open looks and is not going to shoot the ball. That's this NBA. Randle passes out to Portis. I think Bobby is a bit to happy with his 3pt shot but his mid range is respectable. Mitch has to do that if he wants to last.
That, stop the idiot fouling and limit the excess goal tending!!!!

My thinking is this team has a system. Its not executing which is why Randle is publically showing humility. I think they are trying. Trier can shoot but he can't play a lick of defense. Ellington is a better defender but not by much. The PG situation is well documented.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/5/2019  11:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I am wondering if Randle is the one that needs to be sacrificed in the starting lineup. Mitch Robinson is more important for the long term.

I thought about this too. But Randle's left leg would need to fall off before he sees the bench. That's just the way the politics play out.

Portis does a lot of things OK+ but is also a bit of a black hole

Randle can pass; dribbling is his problem, and he's suffering because defense collapses in the paint and will continue to do so until we can burn them from the outside. I think that's why we were playing Portis and Randle because Portis can hit from outside on occassion

It's ridiculous that our best outside shooters ATM are our power forwards (if you put Morris/KK in this bucket); maybe we should have KK, Morris, and Portis on the perimeter and post up RJ and Frank!

(5)(5)
Swishfm3
11/5/2019  1:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

I have no special affection for Danilo. But he is a damn good bball player. His problem is injuries. But he is a high quality 2-way player. He shouldn't be stuck on rebuilding teams.

I agree. He is good ball player but replace him with Randle and, I believe, we are still in the same position. We have some really good complimentary player but we need that "Superstar" to lead them.

Irving would have looked really good with this team.

Vmart
USA
11/5/2019  1:46 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

I agree. He is good ball player but replace him with Randle and, I believe, we are still in the same position. We have some really good complimentary player but we need that "Superstar" to lead them.

You know why Gallo would have been a better pick up than Randle. Gallo shoots threes and he is a floor spacer so Mitchell Robinson and Barrett have more space to operate. He is smart and also a willing passer can bring the ball up court as well. And I brought over a winning player. This guy has won more than Melo who he was dealt for. He also fills the role of veteran presence.
BigDaddyG

11/5/2019  1:59 PM
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

You know why Gallo would have been a better pick up than Randle. Gallo shoots threes and he is a floor spacer so Mitchell Robinson and Barrett have more space to operate. He is smart and also a willing passer can bring the ball up court as well. And I brought over a winning player. This guy has won more than Melo who he was dealt for. He also fills the role of veteran presence.

So you want to bring in another forward for Fiz to experiment with at point guard lol Seriously, Gallo is a good player, but is he that much better than Morris? The underlying problem is that we brought in players that don't fit this coach's system, and I'm being kind when I use the word "system." Sure, bring in Gallo. Won't make much of difference unless you bring in Gianni's and Russell Westbrook too.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
USA
11/5/2019  2:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

So you want to bring in another forward for Fiz to experiment with at point guard lol Seriously, Gallo is a good player, but is he that much better than Morris? The underlying problem is that we brought in players that don't fit this coach's system, and I'm being kind when I use the word "system." Sure, bring in Gallo. Won't make much of difference unless you bring in Gianni's and Russell Westbrook too.

Morris doesn’t shoot 43-44% from three. Once again you guys are bit short sighted. He creates room for MR and Barrett to operate. MR is basically getting **** blocked by Randle’s presence. Gallo allows better p and r with Barrett and MR. Gallo would even work better with Morris and Taj. He made a lot more sense than Randle. Dude basically won everywhere he has been. But I get you guys and your apathy for past Knicks. Sometimes you have admit a mistake some associate Gallo and Melo together in the trade. You guys take it as a step backwards.

BigDaddyG

11/5/2019  2:41 PM
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

Morris doesn’t shoot 43-44% from three. Once again you guys are bit short sighted. He creates room for MR and Barrett to operate. MR is basically getting **** blocked by Randle’s presence. Gallo allows better p and r with Barrett and MR. Gallo would even work better with Morris and Taj. He made a lot more sense than Randle. Dude basically won everywhere he has been. But I get you guys and your apathy for past Knicks. Sometimes you have admit a mistake some associate Gallo and Melo together in the trade. You guys take it as a step backwards.

I'm saying it's a lateral move. Gallo is even slower than Morris on defense. I haven't followed Gallo last year, but they played him at PF defensively. And let's be honest, the boy has put on weight. He looks the part of PF.
Morris is a career 36% three point shooter and is shooting about 49% so far this year. Gallo is a career 37% three point shooter and is shooting about 45% this year. I'm not saying Gallo sucks. I'm a fan. I'm saying our problems are deeper than a Gallon acquisition. I am taking a step back. Short of LeBron, Giannis, AD, AD, Harden, a healthy Durant etc., no player is gonna turn this crap into salad.
Vmart
USA
11/5/2019  3:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

I'm saying it's a lateral move. Gallo is even slower than Morris on defense. I haven't followed Gallo last year, but they played him at PF defensively. And let's be honest, the boy has put on weight. He looks the part of PF.
Morris is a career 36% three point shooter and is shooting about 49% so far this year. Gallo is a career 37% three point shooter and is shooting about 45% this year. I'm not saying Gallo sucks. I'm a fan. I'm saying our problems are deeper than a Gallon acquisition. I am taking a step back. Short of LeBron, Giannis, AD, AD, Harden, a healthy Durant etc., no player is gonna turn this crap into salad.

You are comparing the wrong guy. I’m talking about replacing Randle with Gallo not Morris.

Swishfm3
11/5/2019  5:17 PM
Vmart wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Close this thread.

1. Jrue Holiday

Vmart wrote:

gtfoh.

You talk about Gallo has if he was the one leading the Clippers the last two years. Remember what that roster looked like and who he was on the floor with. Not saying he didn't contribute but he wasn't their main option.

You put him on THIS ROSTER AS CONSTRUCTED, playing the role as the main offensive player on the team like Randle is, and things may not go as easy for him. I think you would agree that the game is different when teams are game planning for you.
Which is why we think replacing him with Randle is a wash. As good as Gallo may be, he is just another complimentary player.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/5/2019  5:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think one of Morris or Randle needs to go to the bench. Randle has the longer contract so maybe make him the sixth man.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Can Julius Randle Run Point Forward?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy