[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Training Camp Thread
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/12/2019  5:40 PM
Fiz, in Begley article said DSJ will play in the final two preseason games. He also mentioned that DSJ had a fantastic camp until he had the sprain.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/12/2019  6:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Fiz, in Begley article said DSJ will play in the final two preseason games. He also mentioned that DSJ had a fantastic camp until he had the sprain.

Hopefully he can remain healthy for the majority of the season...his ability to push the tempo, attack the paint, and either attack the rim or kick to open shooters after he collapses the D is desperately needed.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/16/2019  11:42 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Fiz, in Begley article said DSJ will play in the final two preseason games. He also mentioned that DSJ had a fantastic camp until he had the sprain.

Hopefully he can remain healthy for the majority of the season...his ability to push the tempo, attack the paint, and either attack the rim or kick to open shooters after he collapses the D is desperately needed.

which is why frank is on the outs.

When fiz was ask what he was looking for his PG to do

1-Push the pace
2-Penetrate
3-Organized the team
4-shoot 3's at a respectable clip

DSJ and Payton can do the first 3

frank can do #3

ES
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2019  11:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

which is why frank is on the outs.

When fiz was ask what he was looking for his PG to do

1-Push the pace
2-Penetrate
3-Organized the team
4-shoot 3's at a respectable clip

DSJ and Payton can do the first 3

frank can do #3

you literally just made this up.

Fizdale has been preaching defense since the first time he opened his mouth this year

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
10/16/2019  2:50 PM
The PG position battle is hard to read. And it goes to show that reporting (at least when it comes to sports) is an extremely loose term. Maybe it's half a step above "wishful thinking".

For what it's worth, I think the Juniors (RJ and DSJ) are going to start in the backcourt together when the regular season starts - that is, unless injury changes the plan.

First, DSJ is out and with Payton as the starting PG, the Knicks win over the Wizards:
DailyKnicks references SNY's Ian Begley and says the following:
https://dailyknicks.com/2019/10/12/new-york-knicks-elfrid-payton-unsurprisingly-leader-point-guard/
After Monday’s preseason opener against the Washington Wizards, SNY’s Ian Begley reported that Elfrid Payton is “playing his way into the starting point guard job” for the New York Knicks. “He set the tone for the game on the ball and with his pace,” head coach David Fizdale said after the game, per Begley. “He got a lot of people involved, kept us organized. Steady and tough.”
--
Then Payton has a bad shooting 2nd game, followed by news that Ntilikina tweaked his groin in practice.
Posting and Toasting then has this to say:
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/10/14/20914737/knicks-practice-notes-10-14-19-frank-ntilikina-misses-practice-with-strained-groin
Frank hasn’t put up big numbers in his first two preseason games, but he has clearly outplayed veteran point guard Elfrid Payton, who started both contests.
--
Then the Post chimed in quote a Fizdale quote:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/knicks-will-finally-see-what-they-look-like-at-full-strength/
Fizdale said nobody has an edge in the battle to be his starting point guard. The next two games, though, could go a long way in determining who will begin the regular season as the starter.

“Huge, huge. These guys are battling,” he said. “They’ve all done good jobs so they’re making it tough on me. That’s a good thing for me. That position for us is going to be at a premium. I’m giving them all a look and the opportunity to play some minutes. Hopefully, they can sort that out for me.”
--
But then Post wasn't done yet, they decided to throw RJ into the role:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/knicks-experiment-with-intriguing-rj-barrett-ran-offense/
Dennis Smith Jr., Elfrid Payton and Frank Ntilikina may have more than each other to worry about.

No, the Knicks aren’t making a trade for a point guard. But their top draft pick — RJ Barrett — could be another option to run the offense, at least in small doses.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2019  7:26 AM
Frank shut down Trae YOung and gave the team a chance to win with his defense, the steal, the offense rebound, and would have done it himself if he hit the three.
Make no mistake, the kid has to shoot. We lost last night because Dennis smith is rusty and looked silly on defense, Morris missed Three 3pters down te stretch, and Randle missed his free throw. The defense was good and ATL did not score a FG for a few minutes.
This is what a team that won 17 games looks like that is on paper better but has to find its way. This is what a 30 game winning team look like in pre seasons.

The notion of Dennis smith being resigned because he was the main piece for KP, and we don’t Frank because he was not drafted by Perry seems silly media driven reasoning. There are metrics, biology, and skill sets involved. DSjr back MRI has a lot to do with it.
Dennis has yet to show his meddle. I want to see it.

Training Camp Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy