[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

10/30/2020  6:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:One to cross of the FA list- even if he's cleared, this will have cost him a fortune:

Timberwolves' Malik Beasley faces multiple charges after allegedly aiming a gun at a family outside his home

Beasley has been charged with drug possession and threats of violence

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies.

Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."

Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to the home Beasley and Yao rent but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle's window and pointed a rifle at them.

"Get the [expletive] off my property!" Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his "all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip" and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.
Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

The fourth-year guard was traded to the Timberwolves from the Denver Nuggets at the deadline last season. He is a restricted free agent this offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-malik-beasley-faces-multiple-charges-after-allegedly-aiming-a-gun-at-a-family-outside-his-home/

Do we really have to cross him off...I mean what if he's acquitted and we can get him cheap...what am I saying...things are so bad I was considering signing a psychopath.

If he's wearing a Knicks uniform he's our psychopath.

Same was said of Sprewell. Sign him for a short, friendly contract. It's not like free agents are knocking at the door.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/30/2020  7:16 PM
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:One to cross of the FA list- even if he's cleared, this will have cost him a fortune:

Timberwolves' Malik Beasley faces multiple charges after allegedly aiming a gun at a family outside his home

Beasley has been charged with drug possession and threats of violence

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies.

Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."

Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to the home Beasley and Yao rent but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle's window and pointed a rifle at them.

"Get the [expletive] off my property!" Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his "all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip" and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.
Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

The fourth-year guard was traded to the Timberwolves from the Denver Nuggets at the deadline last season. He is a restricted free agent this offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-malik-beasley-faces-multiple-charges-after-allegedly-aiming-a-gun-at-a-family-outside-his-home/

Do we really have to cross him off...I mean what if he's acquitted and we can get him cheap...what am I saying...things are so bad I was considering signing a psychopath.

If he's wearing a Knicks uniform he's our psychopath.

Same was said of Sprewell. Sign him for a short, friendly contract. It's not like free agents are knocking at the door.

I don't know...Sprewell had an anger issue, this guy seems to have deeper issues, not to mention a severe intelligence blockage.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/31/2020  9:21 AM
If this guy were as good of a player as Spree, I'd say, yeah, give him a shot. But he isn't.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2020  5:46 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/3/2020  6:23 PM
martin wrote:

Money.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/3/2020  7:30 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:

Money.

For all parties involved. It doesn’t make sense for the entire players association to let basically LeBron and AD bully them out of this, if that’s what is happening. They can easily perform load management, as much as that concept makes me want to vomit.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
USA
11/4/2020  2:33 PM
wargames
Member: #6053

11/4/2020  3:01 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:

Money.

For all parties involved. It doesn’t make sense for the entire players association to let basically LeBron and AD bully them out of this, if that’s what is happening. They can easily perform load management, as much as that concept makes me want to vomit.

It was just too much money. Cutting 22 game checks. When as you said they can load manage them for damn near a month or more and then come back to the Lakers. It just doesn’t make sense to not start in December.

With that said no way we don’t suck completely if we got about a month from the draft to the season. This year is a wash

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames
Member: #6053

11/4/2020  10:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

It wasn't safe to do so, but now it suddenly is, because... money

They are feeling themselves because the bubble worked and no athlete in the other sports have died yet.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
11/5/2020  11:58 AM
Zero news on the CBA as of this morn and that's weird. I thought today was the deadline....?

After that is signed, expect a flood of trade news

martin
USA
11/5/2020  2:45 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2020  2:51 PM
martin wrote:

I'd consider going to a game at 25% percent capacity. I think 50% is Johnny Knoxville territory.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/5/2020  8:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I'd consider going to a game at 25% percent capacity. I think 50% is Johnny Knoxville territory.

No chance for me right now, especially with the rising number of cases. I don’t even want to go into the city.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
USA
11/5/2020  11:19 PM

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

11/6/2020  1:06 AM
In 2 weeks time starting with theNBA draft the nba will be very very busy, with a projected Dec 1 training camp start of free agency will happen right after the draft. We need the knicks front office to be sharp and on point. I hope they already have plan A, B, and ac all figured out im just praying we wont get caught at the wrong end of any trade deals.
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy