5/15/2020  10:52 PM
Fun new twitter follow:

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2020  10:52 AM
Watching the Jordan thing.......Lets talk about the Pacers? That team was stacked with Mullin, Reggie, Jax, smits, Davis's, best, etc..........Maybe Bird as a rookie coach was over his head a bit but we talking about the very mature Bulls. Donnie Walsh had put together a hell of a team and and now have some restored respect after the knick years. Im long on record of not blaming Donnie for Dolans panic spontaneity.
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/19/2020  12:24 PM
Nalod wrote:Watching the Jordan thing.......Lets talk about the Pacers? That team was stacked with Mullin, Reggie, Jax, smits, Davis's, best, etc..........Maybe Bird as a rookie coach was over his head a bit but we talking about the very mature Bulls. Donnie Walsh had put together a hell of a team and and now have some restored respect after the knick years. Im long on record of not blaming Donnie for Dolans panic spontaneity.

Watching the series, I realized that my brain/memory had merged the two Bulls vs Jazz finals into a single series- after the they showed the Bulls beating them to the chip the first time, I as confused and wondering who they played then in the finals the next season

smackeddog
5/20/2020  3:52 PM
I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/20/2020  4:17 PM
Nalod wrote:Watching the Jordan thing.......Lets talk about the Pacers? That team was stacked with Mullin, Reggie, Jax, smits, Davis's, best, etc..........Maybe Bird as a rookie coach was over his head a bit but we talking about the very mature Bulls. Donnie Walsh had put together a hell of a team and and now have some restored respect after the knick years. Im long on record of not blaming Donnie for Dolans panic spontaneity.

Yeah. How could you blame the guy that brought in Fred Jones and Johnathon Bender to prove he hadn’t made mistakes in his previous drafts. The Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas draft is all on Dolan as well. Maybe Donnie was planning his return to Indy when he passed on Lance Stephenson for Andy Rautins. Also, trading your lottery pick during his rookie year plus a future first to get off of Jeffries contract has to be put on someone else other than Walsh. I miss the days when every team knew who Walsh wanted to draft weeks before the draft. I also miss letting every team know your goals before seeking trades so that you can get fleeced.
smackeddog
5/20/2020  4:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah. How could you blame the guy that brought in Fred Jones and Johnathon Bender to prove he hadn’t made mistakes in his previous drafts. The Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas draft is all on Dolan as well. Maybe Donnie was planning his return to Indy when he passed on Lance Stephenson for Andy Rautins. Also, trading your lottery pick during his rookie year plus a future first to get off of Jeffries contract has to be put on someone else other than Walsh. I miss the days when every team knew who Walsh wanted to draft weeks before the draft. I also miss letting every team know your goals before seeking trades so that you can get fleeced.

Walsh was a disaster who I gets a pass by the media because he sucked up them and gave them access. The Jordan Hill pick was unforgivable! It still infuriates me to this day. Nearly every move he made failed or backfired

CrushAlot
USA
5/20/2020  4:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Walsh was a disaster who I gets a pass by the media because he sucked up them and gave them access. The Jordan Hill pick was unforgivable! It still infuriates me to this day. Nearly every move he made failed or backfired

He totally sucked up to the media. One of the beat writers who is national now, Bontempts raves about Walsh sitting down daily with the media. I agree about him being a disaster. My point was to bring up his autonomous moves because Nalod blames Dolan for all of Walsh, Phil and even Mills’s mistakes.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2020  5:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I believe signed off on that pick as well. I remember Mike making Amar'e comparisons at the time. I think Walsh, looking back at his career, was simply mediocre. But I do think Dolan's hands were on some of Walsh's moves. I can't do much to defend Walsh against those who said his tenure here sucked tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2020  6:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2020  6:45 PM
WHo told Donnie to clean up Isiahs Mistakes? How do you make cap space for Lebron? Of course Lebron was not coming here. But you think Dolan did not want to try?
You do understand Isiah was still in dolans ear, all throught out?
You guys really think GSW took Curry becuase he said he wanted him? Really? Could have trade up for Curry? Pehraps. what was offered if anything by Walsh? What team rejected our offers? Don't know or just assuming?
what was the price? Who thought Curry was HOF status then? Go back to the moment and what was our asset base to move up? Then evaluate at that moment.
Think other teams messed up? Draft order:
Griff-Not HOF, but not a whiff pick.
Thabeet-Whiffed.
Harden-Not sure OKC even realized how good he'd be until he was traded!
Evans-Injuries mounted.
Rubio-Kid was hyped. 18 years old "Pistola"! I understand.
Flynn-Kid got a bad hip and was done young. Not sure how good he'd been. Certainly not HOF! Kahn legacy is "Who is the dumbass that passed on Curry not once, but TWICE!"
Curry-Regrets
Jordan Hill-Not a great pick. It happens.
DeRozen.........We needed a point. No doubt the better pick for us. THis was premelo mind you.
Brandon Jennings. Great Rookie!!! Walsh's regret. Flamed out eventually.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2009.html

Better move was to trade down to get Jrue Holiday at 17, but then there is always that guy that exceeds. Same for Collison. But thats great hindsight stuff. We lucky we even had a pick back then LOL!!

You think if Dolan was not such a phuck up and stubborn to the extent he had not only did not want to fire Isiah, but had actually extended his contract and Stern basically forced Donnie on to him! That fact alone made him ineffetive. Dolan did not want him. Dolans to "blame" walsh HAD to even be hired in the first place!!! Dolan put him in a damnb wheel chair! (not really)
Donnie did a great job in Indy. Comes here and some how he gets blamed as if somehow everything was great UNTIL he arrived? You guys are funny, in that era we were hostile to media, Donnie comes in and actually talks to them and fans liked it. Now your like "Media gives him a pass because he was nice". Media gives him a pass becuawe knicks were phucked up before, during, and after Donnie.
Donnie in my opinion gets a pass.

CrushAlot
USA
5/21/2020  7:58 PM
Nalod wrote:WHo told Donnie to clean up Isiahs Mistakes? How do you make cap space for Lebron? Of course Lebron was not coming here. But you think Dolan did not want to try?
You guys really think GSW took Curry becuase he said he wanted him? Really? Could have trade up for Curry? Pehraps. what was offered if anything by Walsh? What team rejected our offers? Don't know or just assuming?
what was the price? Who thought Curry was HOF status then? Go back to the moment and what was our asset base to move up? Then evaluate at that moment.
Thabeet-Whiffed.
Evans-Injuries mounted.
Flynn-Kid got a bad hip and was done young. Not sure how good he'd been. Certainly not HOF! Kahn legacy is "Who is the dumbass that passed on Curry not once, but TWICE!"
Curry-Regrets
DeRozen.........We needed a point. No doubt the better pick for us. THis was premelo mind you.

Better move was to trade down to get Jrue Holiday at 17, but then there is always that guy that exceeds. Same for Collison. But thats great hindsight stuff. We lucky we even had a pick back then LOL!!

You think if Dolan was not such a phuck up and stubborn to the extent he had not only did not want to fire Isiah, but had actually extended his contract and Stern basically forced Donnie on to him! That fact alone made him ineffetive. Dolan did not want him. Dolans to "blame" walsh HAD to even be hired in the first place!!! Dolan put him in a damnb wheel chair! (not really)
Donnie did a great job in Indy. Comes here and some how he gets blamed as if somehow everything was great UNTIL he arrived? You guys are funny, in that era we were hostile to media, Donnie comes in and actually talks to them and fans liked it. Now your like "Media gives him a pass because he was nice". Media gives him a pass becuawe knicks were phucked up before, during, and after Donnie.

This is my earlier post.

I thought all of WAlsh's tenure sucked but my reason for pointing out what I did in that post was those moves were Donnie made them with autonomy. You might have a case for the motivation behind the Jeffries trade. However, when Walsh was with the KNicks you knew his desired draft picks way ahead of the draft and teams knew his trade goals and could react and up what they got from Donnie. Sorry, he was awful.
smackeddog
5/22/2020  3:39 AM
Nalod wrote:WHo told Donnie to clean up Isiahs Mistakes? How do you make cap space for Lebron? Of course Lebron was not coming here. But you think Dolan did not want to try?
Thabeet-Whiffed.
Evans-Injuries mounted.
Curry-Regrets

We desperately needed a PG, we could have picked:

Jeff Teague
Ty Lawson
Jrue Holiday
Darren Collison
(I was never a fan of Jennings)

Instead we went for Jordan Hill, who knicks sources said realised was a bust almost straight away (someone said they'd never seen such low intensity workout as there was Jordan Hill vs Darko)- just peaked of a complete lack of prep. It's like they had their big board of PG, and when Twolves took 2, Walsh had nothing prepped for the remaining PGs, so just went for Hill

smackeddog
5/22/2020  4:15 AM
I can see this happening:

The Brooklyn Nets have had internal discussions about trying to trade for Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards.

Beal signed a two-year, $72 million extension last offseason that made him ineligible for a trade during the 19-20 season.

The Nets have documented interest in trading for a third star.

Brooklyn's best assets are Spencer Dinwiddie ($11.5 million), Caris LeVert ($16.2 million) and Jarrett Allen ($3.9 million).

Beal averaged a career-high 30.5 points this season with 6.1 assists on 46% shooting.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258224/Nets-Hold-Internal-Talks-On-Trading-For-Bradley-Beal

Probably the Nets add this years mid 1st pick

smackeddog
5/22/2020  4:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2020  4:19 AM
This Virus has really leaked havoc on the Jazz:

Ingles, a key member of the Utah Jazz who sit in fourth place in the Western Conference, has said he is prepared to "walk away, fly to Australia and never play another game in my life and be very content with it" to protect his family from the virus.

His wife, Australian netball great Renae Ingles, is expecting their third child and four-year-old son Jacob has autism and a weakened immune system.

Ingles said last week he hasn't worked out at the Jazz's practice facility despite it opening up to players with strict guidelines. He has a gym and hoop at his home for workouts. Ingles will take a wait-and-see approach to playing games if the season does start.

"It's not worth it," Ingles, discussing practice at the Jazz facility, told Utah radio station 1280 The Zone last week.

"I have a gym, I have everything I can do. As for basketball, it's a bit more difficult, but I think that as we go ahead and find out more information about it, it will be easier to make a decision. But I am in no way willing to risk my children, and Renae, and everything else, to go play basketball."

Matthew Dellavedova's Cleveland Cavaliers teammate Larry Nance Jr raised doubts about whether the tough Australian guard will play. Dellavedova and wife Anna welcomed son Anders into the world last November.

"If I were him, no I'm not subjecting myself to that, because then I can bring it home to my family," Nance Jr told reporters.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nba-eyes-orlando-ingles-may-not-play-204725282--spt.html?guccounter=1

Completely agree with him, why risk his kids lives.

So that Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell at war, Bogdanovic out after having surgery, and now Ingles might not suit up- no wonder Perrin left!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/26/2020  12:03 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/damian-lillard-doesnt-plan-to-participate-in-resumed-nba-season-if-blazers-dont-have-true-opportunity-to-make-playoffs-144736029.html

Damian Lillard doesn’t plan to participate in resumed NBA season if Blazers don't have ‘true opportunity’ to make playoffs

"If we come back and I don't have an opportunity to make the playoffs, I will show up to work, I'll be at practice and I'll be with my team. I'm going to do all that [expletive] and then I'm going to be sitting right on that bench during the games," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "If they come back and say it's something like a tournament, play-in style, between the No. 7 and No. 12 seeds, if we're playing for playoff spots, then I think that's perfect."
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/28/2020  12:12 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAq3fpCgyve/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=B967BEB0-6DAA-4387-BD50-F4711429C8EB

Dont know how to post instagram..

CrushAlot
USA
5/29/2020  5:35 PM
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

6/5/2020  6:37 AM
Since we had played a few extra games than some other lotto teams, anyone think the NBA evens us up with them? They could in theory take off our last 2 or 3 games (lost 2 of 3), which would move us up to the #3 spot in the lotto. https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league It doesn't seem fair to have played and won extra games tbh.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
smackeddog
6/6/2020  4:00 AM
CrushAlot
USA
6/7/2020  3:11 PM
KD declared he is out for the season. He will be 13 months removed from his Achilles surgery when games start up. It might be the right move but he had talked about possibly playing on the Olympic team this summer.
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy