[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/5/2020  11:26 AM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:Yikes, this is a team with 2 #1 picks on the team both at max salary and they still suck

what a mess. it's tough to build team chemistry with ball hogs who don't play D.

Someplace Jimmy Butler is saying, "I told you so..."

I'm amazed at how ineffective Towns is- some of the most empty stats in the league

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/5/2020  11:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:Yikes, this is a team with 2 #1 picks on the team both at max salary and they still suck

what a mess. it's tough to build team chemistry with ball hogs who don't play D.

Someplace Jimmy Butler is saying, "I told you so..."

I'm amazed at how ineffective Towns is- some of the most empty stats in the league

agreed but deep down in side, i feel a change of scenery could make KAT transform. I don't feel the same way about Wiggins at all

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/6/2020  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  9:18 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Miami and reps for OKC’s Danilo Gallinari were working on a contract extension overnight to help finalize three-team trade, league sources tell ESPN. The challenge: Miami’s desire to preserve cap space for 2021. He can become a free agent this summer.

Miami, had no cap space and a late first rounder this off season, and some how got Herro (who looks like a top 8 pick) jimmy butler, and some nice role players

Now they are getting AI and Danilo..

ES
smackeddog
2/6/2020  9:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: Miami and reps for OKC’s Danilo Gallinari were working on a contract extension overnight to help finalize three-team trade, league sources tell ESPN. The challenge: Miami’s desire to preserve cap space for 2021. He can become a free agent this summer.

Miami, had no cap space and a late first rounder this off season, and some how got Herro (who looks like a top 8 pick) jimmy butler, and some nice role players

AI is cooked. Gallo is nice enough but they’re giving up the protection on the 1st the traded to OKC, and had to give up on Wilmslow

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/6/2020  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  2:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Herro was a solid pick. Think Nunn has been a bigger key for them. But are you saying the 12 teams in front of Miami should have known to pick Herro? Think Miami is also taking a big chance giving away/up on Winslow, he has been a solid all around player, and is being essentially traded for a one year rental. Waiting to see what they end up giving up for Danillo. True that Riley always seems to pull deals out of his ass. And they had very little to offer. However, they are also in win now mode and did have several of their moves not work out. ie. Goran, Waiters, Kelly. Fortunately for them, those are all making what is now considered reasonable money.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2020  2:25 PM
Riley has also made some clunker deals over the years.
I still dig the man but we sometimes forgets the bad years. They are needed to reset the franchise.
A good study is look at the moves over three years prior and how patient he is.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2020  6:52 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2020  7:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

One of Perry's dude. Let's sign him up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
2/7/2020  8:53 PM
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Pellscup
Member: #8843

2/9/2020  2:43 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If Dallas decided to trade KP, what do you honestly think his value is? I’m not sure, I think maybe you could get Markkanen from the bulls. Maybe Towns from the Twolves?

His trade value is fluid. But why would Dallas want to trade him? They are not the Knicks.

looks ridiculous putting up those treys, so sick! dallas team to watch for next 10 years with doncic and kp.

yea KP is not someone you trade, you don't trade these players generally. They called him a unicorn for a reason. I remember laughing out loud, cackling even when I first read the news.

smackeddog
2/9/2020  6:54 AM
After their sorry performance vs the twolves, clips pick is now 25. I'll root for Morris in the playoffs, but here's hoping they take a bit of a hit while they integrate him, western conference standings are tight
knicks1248
2/10/2020  11:06 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Herro was a solid pick. Think Nunn has been a bigger key for them. But are you saying the 12 teams in front of Miami should have known to pick Herro? Think Miami is also taking a big chance giving away/up on Winslow, he has been a solid all around player, and is being essentially traded for a one year rental. Waiting to see what they end up giving up for Danillo. True that Riley always seems to pull deals out of his ass. And they had very little to offer. However, they are also in win now mode and did have several of their moves not work out. ie. Goran, Waiters, Kelly. Fortunately for them, those are all making what is now considered reasonable money.

Can't blame them for given up on Winslow, he has really been injury prone the last few seasons.

The fact that they still were able to be a Playoff team after they broke up that championship roster is testament to how well the franchise is run.

ES
smackeddog
2/10/2020  12:11 PM
Wow, Warriors throw D-Lo under a bus:

In his first post-practice press scrum since the Warriors traded D'Angelo Russell for Andrew Wiggins, coach Steve Kerr told reporters that he thought something was off about the addition of the former Nets guard back when Golden State acquired him in a sign-and-trade in July. He also acknowledged that the team's front office shared the speculation that circulated at the time of the signing.

"To be perfectly blunt, the fit was questionable when we signed him," Kerr told Anthony Slater of The Athletic. "When you already have Steph [Curry] and Klay [Thompson] and you add a ball-dominant guard, you can rightfully question the fit. That was one of the reasons the trade rumors started before the season even began, and I think D'Angelo understood that when he signed the contract. Our organization understood that as well."

As Slater reported on Thursday, "Voices that matter in the locker room soured on Russell as a long-term fit rather quickly. He wasn't a disruptive personality, just not a beneficial component to a winning defense or a correct fit positionally, considering the two soon-to-return star guards are franchise pillars."

(Guessing that's Draymond). Enjoy Wiggins!

Nalod
USA
2/10/2020  6:50 PM
I forgot all about Tyler Johnson. Undrafted and made Riles look like a Yoda. Remember when “Wish knicks could sign him in free agency, Riles is such a freaking genius”.
He is when we think of him.
Then there was smooth move he made when he was RFA and put a near 20mil back end on his 4 year deal. They traded him to the Suns for Ryan Anderson in a deal to swap contracts. Heat waived and stretched Ryan’s 20mm over.
Tyler Johnson was waived today by the Suns.
knicks1248
2/11/2020  4:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2020  4:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, Warriors throw D-Lo under a bus:

In his first post-practice press scrum since the Warriors traded D'Angelo Russell for Andrew Wiggins, coach Steve Kerr told reporters that he thought something was off about the addition of the former Nets guard back when Golden State acquired him in a sign-and-trade in July. He also acknowledged that the team's front office shared the speculation that circulated at the time of the signing.

"To be perfectly blunt, the fit was questionable when we signed him," Kerr told Anthony Slater of The Athletic. "When you already have Steph [Curry] and Klay [Thompson] and you add a ball-dominant guard, you can rightfully question the fit. That was one of the reasons the trade rumors started before the season even began, and I think D'Angelo understood that when he signed the contract. Our organization understood that as well."

As Slater reported on Thursday, "Voices that matter in the locker room soured on Russell as a long-term fit rather quickly. He wasn't a disruptive personality, just not a beneficial component to a winning defense or a correct fit positionally, considering the two soon-to-return star guards are franchise pillars."

Everyone knew DLO was going to be moved again, he only agreed to a S&T so he could get his money, and he wanted to be in a warmer climate.

GSW only took the deal as a trade piece, this was well document right after he was traded their.. DLO and Curry is redundant

ES
Nalod
USA
2/11/2020  11:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Wow, Warriors throw D-Lo under a bus:

Everyone knew DLO was going to be moved again, he only agreed to a S&T so he could get his money, and he wanted to be in a warmer climate.

GSW only took the deal as a trade piece, this was well document right after he was traded their.. DLO and Curry is redundant

Like 90% of your posts.......

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/11/2020  11:06 PM
Anyone catch the Portland/NO game tonight?

Z.Williamson is amazing and NO is going to be a HUGE problem for whomever they face in the playoffs

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/11/2020  11:21 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Anyone catch the Portland/NO game tonight?

Z.Williamson is amazing and NO is going to be a HUGE problem for whomever they face in the playoffs

Didn't catch it, but see that Zion was +25 - how is his defense? He locking the other side down?

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/12/2020  3:50 PM
The Sacramento Kings had support for drafting Luka Doncic at No. 2 overall in 2018 from ownership, but Vlade Divac, Brandon Williams and Peja Stojakovic had concerns about his upside compared to Marvin Bagley.
Kings FO under scrutiny... ouch
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/12/2020  4:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
The Sacramento Kings had support for drafting Luka Doncic at No. 2 overall in 2018 from ownership, but Vlade Divac, Brandon Williams and Peja Stojakovic had concerns about his upside compared to Marvin Bagley.
Kings FO under scrutiny... ouch

It looks bad, but I won't kill them that much. There was talk from a number of people that Luka's athleticism might not hold up as well in the NBA in the weeks leading up to the draft. But you combine this with some of their other decisions and you can see why people would express doubt at Divacs. Also, the Kings owner also gives the impression of being a bit hands on, so who knows what his involvement was with the draft?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy