[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/9/2019  12:42 PM
Man...he has looked better than I thought he would coming out of Kentucky.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/11/2019  10:47 AM
How's Michael Porter Jr looked?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/11/2019  10:08 PM
Zion and Alexander Walker are amazing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/12/2019  5:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/12/2019  5:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:How's Michael Porter Jr looked?

This comparison isn't indicative of his skillset but I can't help but feel he's on course to become a Bobby Portis-caliber player that believes he should be entitled to Joel Embiid type usage/respect. I only saw him in the Portland game on ESPN but...

The Good:
(1)He runs the floor like a gazelle. Even when he's in a baseline-to-baseline sprint, it seems so effortless. If he ever develops a change of pace to his game, I think he's a threat to get to the rim on every possession.
(2) Seems to have a fluid, kinetic form to his jumpshot. Makes me think that the hype about him being a lights-out-shooter are true.
(3) He is a blackhole but seems to have the ability to fit within a scheme if he wants to. He is a capable passer when the mood suits him.
(4) Looks like his rebounding in high school could translate to the pros.
5.) Doesn't appear to have any lingering health issues or impediments that caused him to fall in the draft or miss his rookie season.

The Bad:
(1) His athleticism seems to be moreso in space than anything functional. In spite of his baseline-to-baseline speed, he can't seem to elevate on/through contact at all, which will mess with his finishing abilities at the rim. That could be because he's more of a two-foot jumper than one; he's also been unable to play competitive organized ball for nearly two years so we have to keep that in mind. But if this trend continues, I don't ever see him being able to live up to the hype that touted him as a potential no.1 pick.

(2) Kid's a blackhole. I started watching him at the 2 minute mark in the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th and it seemed like he dominated the basketball to a point that teammates started freezing him out late in the game to improve ball movement. To be fair, he helped to move the ball better in the 2nd half of the 4th.

(3) In spite of his athleticism, he's got ****ty lateral movement. He still tends to be too upright when he moves, so maybe if he's able to sit in his stance more, it can improve.

smackeddog
10/13/2019  4:29 AM
NardDogNation wrote:

This comparison isn't indicative of his skillset but I can't help but feel he's on course to become a Bobby Portis-caliber player that believes he should be entitled to Joel Embiid type usage/respect. I only saw him in the Portland game on ESPN but...

The Good:
(1)He runs the floor like a gazelle. Even when he's in a baseline-to-baseline sprint, it seems so effortless. If he ever develops a change of pace to his game, I think he's a threat to get to the rim on every possession.
(2) Seems to have a fluid, kinetic form to his jumpshot. Makes me think that the hype about him being a lights-out-shooter are true.
(3) He is a blackhole but seems to have the ability to fit within a scheme if he wants to. He is a capable passer when the mood suits him.
5.) Doesn't appear to have any lingering health issues or impediments that caused him to fall in the draft or miss his rookie season.

The Bad:
(1) His athleticism seems to be moreso in space than anything functional. In spite of his baseline-to-baseline speed, he can't seem to elevate on/through contact at all, which will mess with his finishing abilities at the rim. That could be because he's more of a two-foot jumper than one; he's also been unable to play competitive organized ball for nearly two years so we have to keep that in mind. But if this trend continues, I don't ever see him being able to live up to the hype that touted him as a potential no.1 pick.

(2) Kid's a blackhole. I started watching him at the 2 minute mark in the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th and it seemed like he dominated the basketball to a point that teammates started freezing him out late in the game to improve ball movement. To be fair, he helped to move the ball better in the 2nd half of the 4th.

(3) In spite of his athleticism, he's got ****ty lateral movement. He still tends to be too upright when he moves, so maybe if he's able to sit in his stance more, it can improve.

Thanks! Who do you think looks the better prospect right now, him or Knox?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/13/2019  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2019  10:01 AM
Anthony day-to-day Davis is hurt again...smh

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255688/Anthony-Davis-Sprains-Right-Thumb-In-Preseason-Game-To-Be-Re-Evaluated-On-Sunday

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/13/2019  10:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

The Good:

The Bad:

It's tough to say. I think Porter can get to his shot and create shots more effectively than Knox. But as bad as Knox might be at defense, I still think he's better than Porter and I think Knox might fit into a team concept more readily. I'm inclined to go with Knox but I'm obviously biased as a Knick fan and Knox-believer.

smackeddog
10/14/2019  4:57 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

The Good:

The Bad:

It's tough to say. I think Porter can get to his shot and create shots more effectively than Knox. But as bad as Knox might be at defense, I still think he's better than Porter and I think Knox might fit into a team concept more readily. I'm inclined to go with Knox but I'm obviously biased as a Knick fan and Knox-believer.

Thanks for the analysis. I'd still go for Knox over porter, simply because of the health issues, but I'm curious how Porter turns out

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/21/2019  4:55 PM
serge has been doing this for a few years now - always good insight. posting this here b/c he straight up asks KD why the nets and not the knicks.

djsunyc
10/22/2019  7:57 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2019  10:30 PM
I don't know what's tackier? You being a Raptor gloater or the bling?

Actually Championship rings are tacky but in a good way!
You changing stripes? Still tacky.
But you a good dude and Im happy for you! Really, It was a crowning super incredible congruence of events that all came together in the most unusual way.
For leonard to orchestrate his departure from SAS under those conditions to win a chip was quite a turn. Lets be real, that ball don't go in against Philly and then he leaves Raptors the whole thing is a dick move.
That ball goes in, AND both Durant and Klay thompson got down? WOW!!! The sun, moon and stars lined up!
Its an UBER STARPHUCH!!! The "Royal With Cheese" King of all Starphuchs and damn it if it all did not work to perfection!
smackeddog
10/23/2019  11:23 AM
djsunyc wrote:

Dj right now:

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/23/2019  11:27 AM
smackeddog wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Dj right now:

you are too kind.

Dj in the basement of his mom's place on the couch swiping right at pretty much every pic with his potato chip greased fingers waiting for his phone to tell him his next Uber pickup is waiting on him

It's 2019, I've moved off of the cab driver shtick

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/23/2019  11:39 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/23/2019  1:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Dj right now:

Is he headed to hell?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
10/23/2019  2:00 PM
martin wrote:

In two years will the Knicks be able to satisfy?
Giannis at age 26 ready for freedom max anywhere he wants! That's a long way off in a starphuch galaxy far far away!!
By then knicks should have drafted two more lottery picks. IM not being ugly, this rebuild from the ground up takes a long time.
Giannis comes, we either have a stud or two to pair with him or assets to pull a paul George/AD kind of trade for him.
Best really if we do what nets did. Build relevancy thru the draft and develop then have the cap space.

djsunyc
10/23/2019  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2019  3:11 PM
Nalod wrote:I don't know what's tackier? You being a Raptor gloater or the bling?

But you a good dude and Im happy for you! Really, It was a crowning super incredible congruence of events that all came together in the most unusual way.
For leonard to orchestrate his departure from SAS under those conditions to win a chip was quite a turn. Lets be real, that ball don't go in against Philly and then he leaves Raptors the whole thing is a dick move.
That ball goes in, AND both Durant and Klay thompson got down? WOW!!! The sun, moon and stars lined up!
Its an UBER STARPHUCH!!! The "Royal With Cheese" King of all Starphuchs and damn it if it all did not work to perfection!

i posted it as motivation b/c one day you all will enjoy this feeling.

the day you decide to quit the knicks and cheer for another team!

Nalod
USA
10/23/2019  4:39 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Nalod wrote:I don't know what's tackier? You being a Raptor gloater or the bling?

i posted it as motivation b/c one day you all will enjoy this feeling.

the day you decide to quit the knicks and cheer for another team!

Good job. If I jumped it would have been to Nets. I'm old enough to have basked in the glory as a wee lad the legacy Knicks. That you rooted for the Raptors for a few years prior to winning the chip is the best thing. I was a 8 year old band wagon jumper in 1970 so I really did not bask in the sunshine of it.
My first game was in 1971. Knicks vs Suns. That's when I got my "basketball Jones". Saw Knicks lose playoff game to the Bullets. 1972 Knicks great but not enough as the Lakers were amazing that year.......Then 1973 happened!
The indelible event that scorches fandom forever. Its the journey, the ascension, the rise to prominence with the tension from losing that makes the winning all worthwhile. To not know taste the bitter disappointment is to not know how sweet victory is!! Say Hallelujah! Nalod in the house! Amen!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/24/2019  9:23 AM
wow kyrie last night

this is what he said he wanted last year as he drove the celtics into the ground - the freedom to hoist away all night. pity his 50 wasn't in a win.

if durant ever heals i hope he enjoys westbrook II

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/24/2019  9:36 AM
Marv wrote:wow kyrie last night

this is what he said he wanted last year as he drove the celtics into the ground - the freedom to hoist away all night. pity his 50 wasn't in a win.

if durant ever heals i hope he enjoys westbrook II

He made 7 treys and shot 50% from deep, he also was a +18..

although 33 shots is tooooooooo much for any player, let alone your pg

ES
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy