[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/2/2020  10:53 PM
nets vs Mavs tonight -- no KP, no KD, No Kyrie. Knicks are stupid for not having those guys.
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/3/2020  7:33 AM
Porter Jr. showing why he was the number 1 player in the 2018 draft....If not for the injury, he would have been taken number 1. If he can remain healthy, a lot ot teams may regret passing on this type of talent.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2020  10:11 AM
Uptown wrote:Porter Jr. showing why he was the number 1 player in the 2018 draft....If not for the injury, he would have been taken number 1. If he can remain healthy, a lot ot teams may regret passing on this type of talent.

he was the ultimate stash luxury pick. Taken by a team that had no needs come draft day they took the highest ceiling guy they could and sat on him for 2 years. Good story, hard to imagine him having a long career. Reminds me of Granger a bit who only fell because he was hurt.

Gotta have some perspective. He's exactly Frank's age and has spent 2 years in rehab and getting strong.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2020  11:09 AM
Porter basically missed his last year in college and now finally getting it together. Yes, a luxury stash pick. Most don't work, the others are note worthy and full of regret.

Hasn't Knox had games like that? Do we know of his defense? Denver is a very very good team. If Knox was a Knugg he'd likely be bought along slowly also.
Not comparing. Just saying good for them. Maybe he fully develops and can stay on the court. One game does not break him out.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2020  11:40 AM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:Porter Jr. showing why he was the number 1 player in the 2018 draft....If not for the injury, he would have been taken number 1. If he can remain healthy, a lot ot teams may regret passing on this type of talent.

he was the ultimate stash luxury pick. Taken by a team that had no needs come draft day they took the highest ceiling guy they could and sat on him for 2 years. Good story, hard to imagine him having a long career. Reminds me of Granger a bit who only fell because he was hurt.

Gotta have some perspective. He's exactly Frank's age and has spent 2 years in rehab and getting strong.

Denver probably looks to move Juancho in addition to Beasley if Porter can stay healthy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/3/2020  12:45 PM
fishmike wrote:

I liked him a lot but I was scared as heck to draft him. Back injuries are tough for basketball players. Hope he continues getting healthy and stay healthy.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/3/2020  3:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Denver probably looks to move Juancho in addition to Beasley if Porter can stay healthy.

That's a big if.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2020  12:20 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/6/2020  3:07 PM
martin wrote:

Crazy, crazy trade, can’t believe the haul they got

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/7/2020  10:26 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Crazy, crazy trade, can’t believe the haul they got

The 3 guard combination of Paul, SGA, Shroder are all playing well. That gives the team 3 players on the perimeter that can effectively create with the ball. Due to SGA being 6'6 and a large win span he can play multiple positions. Add in Gallo who is one of the more efficient players and they have a winning formula.

Paul-SGA-Shroder & Gallo combine for 16.6 FT attempts per game at 80-90%.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/7/2020  10:30 AM
If you wondering why Spurs are as salty as they are about Morris backing out of their deal you should look at the season davis Bertans is having in Washington.
They released him to make salary cap room for Morris. Morris does what he does and they are out both.
To use an imagination:
Morris if he can bring in return a no. 1 pick, or young prospective player who later becomes part of trade of magnitude (could be way down the road) these things add up and matter. We love a good starphuch but reality is the small things add up. For years we paid no mind to such things and perhaps missed opportunities to take riskier draft picks or have trade assets. Mitch Robinson was a second round pick. We drool over his potential as a cornerstone in the future. Here we were "Dumping" melo's contract and looky what we got down the road. The Dallas picks might prove to be golden down the road. We don't know.
This week KP has missed his 4th straight game from a sore knee. Maybe its nothing, maybe its a setback. Maybe we wanted to see how that knee went before we spend 158mil. Im not giving week to week grades on the trade. Just saying its a fluid situation and will be for 5 years. lets see how KP does, if Dennis can resemble his potential and the picks. So far I'd say the cap space for Randle and Morris vs Clee and hardaway are pretty good.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/7/2020  10:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That's a big if.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/8/2020  3:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That's a big if.

I miss that Kevin Knox

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/8/2020  10:12 AM
Another nice game by Melo. Can't get much more efficient than 28 pts on 17 shots. And best defensive rating next to Whiteside. The return of Olympic Dad Melo.

Lillard is an absolute freak. How long will it be before Stotts has him unleashing half court 3's? Multiple highlights being labeled "See Lillard's 47 foot three"
BigDaddyG

1/8/2020  1:35 PM
jrodmc wrote:Another nice game by Melo. Can't get much more efficient than 28 pts on 17 shots. And best defensive rating next to Whiteside. The return of Olympic Dad Melo.

Lillard is an absolute freak. How long will it be before Stotts has him unleashing half court 3's? Multiple highlights being labeled "See Lillard's 47 foot three"

Melo really hasn't been that efficient from offense overall. He's shooting a nice percentage from three. He should take more. Haven't really watched Portland. Wonder if Stotts is just keeping him in the mid-range area to make more space for the guards.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/8/2020  1:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That's a big if.

I miss that Kevin Knox

i am just saying...all this talk of porter jr. we do have a player in knox who did better in his rookie season.
played 10 more mins per game compared to this season...of course the production is going to be down. there are players who are statistically stable given the mins...that's Knox. and honestly better on defense compared to last year. Also playing with ball hogs in randle morris and RJ yes i said it...
what do people expect is going to happen?

as someone said...the IF was so big with Porter Jr that there was no way anyone in top 10 could take him. Dude couldn't even walk to the podium straight on draft night.

wish him well, but haven't we learned from mcdyess and amare???

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/8/2020  2:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Another nice game by Melo. Can't get much more efficient than 28 pts on 17 shots. And best defensive rating next to Whiteside. The return of Olympic Dad Melo.

Melo really hasn't been that efficient from offense overall. He's shooting a nice percentage from three. He should take more. Haven't really watched Portland. Wonder if Stotts is just keeping him in the mid-range area to make more space for the guards.

Not talking about overall, just this one game, where he also extended his clutch shots lead over anyone playing since 2003.

When you've got the backcourt that Portland has (when McCollum shows up), Melo ends up taking more mid range, even though there's lots of hate for the long 2. He's getting some games where he's wide open from 3, but from what little I've actually seen, he's still playing bully ball as well.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/8/2020  9:04 PM

That was awesome. Saw it on my phone last night. Hard to believe he was out of the league for a year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/8/2020  10:19 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not talking about overall, just this one game, where he also extended his clutch shots lead over anyone playing since 2003.

When you've got the backcourt that Portland has (when McCollum shows up), Melo ends up taking more mid range, even though there's lots of hate for the long 2. He's getting some games where he's wide open from 3, but from what little I've actually seen, he's still playing bully ball as well.

Biggest difference is that Portland is not sticking him in the corner and looking for him to just be a 3pt shooter. Coach is letting him post up and play mid range.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

1/9/2020  12:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Biggest difference is that Portland is not sticking him in the corner and looking for him to just be a 3pt shooter. Coach is letting him post up and play mid range.

But Rick Carlisle said post play was dead hahaha I swear coaches are 🐑
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy