[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

9/11/19 USA vs France
Author Thread
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

9/11/2019  12:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Frank played really well. He was so aggreasive in the 4th quarter. First time I saw him look for hia shot even with some pressure on defense. This is what he needs to be. If thats how he plays for an entire game, he is the starting PG.

I happy for him, but it's the players he's playing with and the system they are running that helps him, most important, knows his role and not looking over his shoulder.

The USA roster is completely trash, when your 2 centers are BROOK LOPEZ and Mason Plumlee..lol..you can't expect much

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/11/2019  12:12 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CleaverGreene

9/11/2019  12:13 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Frank played really well. He was so aggreasive in the 4th quarter. First time I saw him look for hia shot even with some pressure on defense. This is what he needs to be. If thats how he plays for an entire game, he is the starting PG.

I happy for him, but it's the players he's playing with and the system they are running that helps him, most important, knows his role and not looking over his shoulder.

The USA roster is completely trash, when your 2 centers are BROOK LOPEZ and Mason Plumlee..lol..you can't expect much

So we are par for the course. Good performances by Frank always has an asterisk from your point of view.

Stat line was really good but I don't really look at that when evaluating anybody. I always look at a players strengths and how he uses it in game situations. I looked at his defense against Kemba and his defensive work combined with Gobert. Now imagine that with Mitch? His PnR defense is just textbook.

The point about the system he plays in and his role is important, and applies to the kind of offense we frequently played last year and how Frank fit in and was used in it.

Frank also has to adjust, but, right now, I doubt he will be a good offensive player in the kind of offense we seemed to play too often last year.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/11/2019  12:23 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So we are par for the course. Good performances by Frank always has an asterisk from your point of view.

Stat line was really good but I don't really look at that when evaluating anybody. I always look at a players strengths and how he uses it in game situations. I looked at his defense against Kemba and his defensive work combined with Gobert. Now imagine that with Mitch? His PnR defense is just textbook.

The point about the system he plays in and his role is important, and applies to the kind of offense we frequently played last year and how Frank fit in and was used in it.

Frank also has to adjust, but, right now, I doubt he will be a good offensive player in the kind of offense we seemed to play too often last year.

Not only that, if DSJ, Payton and Trier have all improved, that leaves frank right where he was at last season on the depth chart, probably lower with payton now on the roster now.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/11/2019  12:26 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/11/2019  12:40 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/11/2019  4:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not only that, if DSJ, Payton and Trier have all improved, that leaves frank right where he was at last season on the depth chart, probably lower with payton now on the roster now.

You are so sad. you just can't give him a thing. Always a caveat.
We all happy this kid came up big in a big moment in a big game on a big stage. nothing conclusive about his knick career. That game was bigger than any in his NBA career.

Does playing with better players make you better? No shyt. Depth chart? You thinking about depth chart? Why? Can't give him an inch.
Your not happy for him, you just saying that to stay at the lunch table with the other knick fans.
Im not happy Team USA lost but if they did they didn't lose to France, they lost to Frank! Frank Beat Team USA, and he beat the Rainman!!!!
I'd say most of us are happy but nobody is conclusive on giving him a starting job. Im not calling him Igudala or Battier.
Defense and forcing turnovers. Subtle ways to help a team.
What happened today? France beat an team of young up and coming Team USA. Frank was not the Alpha or MVP. Teams should want him. Good teams at that!!

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/11/2019  4:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Knicks have his rights for the next 2 seasons.

He is only 21 yrs old and played 1.5 seasons in the NBA. He can be the 3rd guard this season as he continues to develop his game. He would still have a full contract yr after this coming year to show he is worth retaining long term.

If everyone is improved and playing well ahdead of him, then it becomes something called depth.

As for the system. Imo players like Randle and Barrett are going to make a huge difference in how the ball flows. They can combine for 10+ assist on any given night. That is huge not coming from PG position.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/11/2019  5:26 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Knicks have his rights for the next 2 seasons.

He is only 21 yrs old and played 1.5 seasons in the NBA. He can be the 3rd guard this season as he continues to develop his game. He would still have a full contract yr after this coming year to show he is worth retaining long term.

If everyone is improved and playing well ahdead of him, then it becomes something called depth.

As for the system. Imo players like Randle and Barrett are going to make a huge difference in how the ball flows. They can combine for 10+ assist on any given night. That is huge not coming from PG position.

Great post.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
9/11/2019  7:21 PM
martin
USA
9/11/2019  7:41 PM
NBK
Member: #8667

9/11/2019  7:44 PM
I really hope we get to see Frankie in the chip. So many people keep saying that FIBA wasnt competitive enough for Fra k and all that. I don't think you can ask for any better sunner work!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/11/2019  9:19 PM
This was good. I liked the toughness he showed running through screens. He had chances to flop on some of those plays but elected to play tough. I like where his head is.

I liked his aggressiveness taking shots and putting the ball on the floor. Being next to Robinson instead of Gobert may help his assist numbers. Gobert doesn’t seem to always have spacial awareness when on offense - something Robinson excels at. I honestly look forward to those two in the PnR on both offense and defense.

Clearly he is not the fastest. Not sure we can fix that, but seems to make up for it with length and grit on defense. Team defense collapsed TeamUSA. They had nowhere to go.

I’m pulling for Frank. In FIBA and back in NY. Would love to see him and DSJ duel all
Season long for minutes. May the best man win.

This is the Randle.
CleaverGreene

9/11/2019  10:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If DSJ has actually fixed his shooting, that would be significant. His D will always be inconsistent.

For Trier, it is all about decision making and, in my opinion, moving without the ball and improving his D.

Not sure how Payton would improve at this point in his career. He has been pretty steady in terms of what he brings to the court. He has been given enough minutes in his 5 years to show what he can do.
What role did Perry play in drafting him while Perry was in Orlando? He took a chance on Mario, who was one of his mistakes. Was signing Payton more about Perry than Payton?

Frank has to assert himself on offense and the coaches have to put him in a situation where he can succeed. Will be interesting to see what happens.

He seemed emotional at the end of the U.S. game...I think he took the game personally and maybe he was sending a "message" to the Knicks brass.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/11/2019  11:12 PM
Funny, but Team USA could've used Mitch. I would've had real mixed feelings if he had made the team and was part of this embarrassment, but it does make me think. We saw the limitations of small ball and having a guy like Mitch who combined size with the ability to move in space is big. I hope Fiz has thought up a plan to utilize that. Also, I hope some of Evan Fournier rubs off on Frank. Don't like the guys game but he's scared Euro stereotype. He made a point to note Frank's physical gifts at the position and I hope he's given Frank advice on how to utilize them offensively.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/12/2019  4:23 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:This was good. I liked the toughness he showed running through screens. He had chances to flop on some of those plays but elected to play tough. I like where his head is.

I liked his aggressiveness taking shots and putting the ball on the floor. Being next to Robinson instead of Gobert may help his assist numbers. Gobert doesn’t seem to always have spacial awareness when on offense - something Robinson excels at. I honestly look forward to those two in the PnR on both offense and defense.

Clearly he is not the fastest. Not sure we can fix that, but seems to make up for it with length and grit on defense. Team defense collapsed TeamUSA. They had nowhere to go.

I’m pulling for Frank. In FIBA and back in NY. Would love to see him and DSJ duel all
Season long for minutes. May the best man win.

I am completely with you on this!
Also comparing him to his first game on the tournament you see that he has now settled in into the team, his role and the environment there in China - HUGE difference in terms of body language and performance!
He generally seems to be a kid (yes KID) that needs a little time to settle in and cope with a situation - figure it out... but when he does he has great tools and can deliver.

Really pulling for him to get it with the Knicks as well (and the staff there to support and not screw it up!).

What he showed now the last games and I was not calling out the performances against "minor" opponents like Jordan etc. is top notch defences, the as you mentioned mindset to fight over screens, a very solid shot from long and an agressiveness to the hoop he has not been showing consistently in the NBA yet.
Now THATS his niche in the Knicks PG line-up.
Defend the best guard, knock down 3s AND be an agressive playmaker... change of momentum PG if he can do this!

The thing I really like about Franks D on Team France is that his agressive D is working well also because of Rudy Gobert taking up pretty much everything that slips by.
When Frank is beat because he can not fight over the screen fast enough. Rudy is long and mobile enough to take away the drive and layup easily.
THAT is or Frank and Mitch tandem for next year!!!

All in all our PG situation may have changed in a great way with three young guards bringing very different skill sets to the table.
DSJ - with the "better shooting" he has been working on this summer - Great scoring guard
Payton - nice D with really good playmaking
Frank - great D with enhanced offence to not stall the flow on this side of the court

Looking good for me!

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
9/12/2019  5:26 AM
This is potentially really good. It's not proof of Frank's greatness or license to give him 35 min a game no matter what. But imagine if DSJ comes with an improved jumper and Frank can actually play on the offensive side of the ball. We have a pretty good guard tandem going forward. Hopefully we never see Payton except for garbage time!
OldFan
Member: #446
9/12/2019  8:21 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank has a bad game, will be blaming his hardcore supporters. Hope they will do the right thing and apologize to everyone. Maybe an offering of fried chicken, for damages.

From Royal Farms? Do that and I'll petition to change the name to UltimateGustav.com.

That would be acceptable if the Frank supporters buy enough for everyone. Its only fair.

Popeyes would also be acceptable. When you go to one of their better franchises, its first rate.

My favorite fried chicken chain of all time was the old Chicken Delight from the 70s. The ones in NYC were amazing. Not greasy at all. Great sides. Pepsi owned the chain, and they made franchisees buy everything from them, which was expensive. Was a landmark lawsuit over it. Ended with the brand folding in the US. Sad day in fried chicken history.

"Don't cook tonight call chicken Delight" (I remember really enjoying that stuff)

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/12/2019  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2019  11:36 AM
OldFan wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank has a bad game, will be blaming his hardcore supporters. Hope they will do the right thing and apologize to everyone. Maybe an offering of fried chicken, for damages.

From Royal Farms? Do that and I'll petition to change the name to UltimateGustav.com.

That would be acceptable if the Frank supporters buy enough for everyone. Its only fair.

Popeyes would also be acceptable. When you go to one of their better franchises, its first rate.

My favorite fried chicken chain of all time was the old Chicken Delight from the 70s. The ones in NYC were amazing. Not greasy at all. Great sides. Pepsi owned the chain, and they made franchisees buy everything from them, which was expensive. Was a landmark lawsuit over it. Ended with the brand folding in the US. Sad day in fried chicken history.

"Don't cook tonight call chicken Delight" (I remember really enjoying that stuff)

Thats the motto, lol. Did some research into how their chicken turned out the way they did, not
greasy. A guy who used to own a franchise said that the secret in addition to marinating the chicken for at least 24 hours was double frying it. Increasing the temp, with the second fry. Same kind of technique they use for General Tso's chicken, and Korean fried chicken.

Was wrong about Pepsi owning Chicken Delight, was a predecessor of Sara Lee.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2019  11:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Myles Turner was the starting center. BroPez started with on Bucks who had best record last year. Playing alongside Giannis is a good look. Bropez was suppose to open the floor. France's zone defense was excellent.

9/11/19 USA vs France

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy