[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

9/11/19 USA vs France
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/11/2019  9:47 AM
By the way. Kemba was a -13 with a 0 EFF rating. The Frank effect.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/11/2019  9:53 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
9/11/2019  9:53 AM
Fizdale should’ve been paying attention to the way France used Frank. He was a very unorthodox yet super effective point guard that turned a disorganized France attack in the third quarter into an unstoppable force. THIS is the blueprint for using Frank as an impact unique weapon off the bench. He is a winning player that when used in a system can make an impact even if the stats at the end are mild.

I hope Fiz uses Frank correctly. I don’t want Frank to be traded because the coach couldn’t see the right way to use him.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
9/11/2019  9:54 AM
martin wrote:

😍😍😍

Knicks_Fan
martin
USA
9/11/2019  9:56 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

😍😍😍

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/11/2019  10:09 AM
More good signs. Comp was legit this time as well. What we are hoping for. Impactful defense and efficient offense.

Big confidence booster. See Frank you can hold your own va NBA talent(All Stars). Keep working, If you can outplay a talent like Kemba. Then you have to believe you can beat out Payton

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/11/2019  10:32 AM
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-frank-ntilikina-plays-huge-role-in-frances-historic-upset-of-team-usa-in-fiba-world-cup/310656016
Fried chicken baby!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

9/11/2019  10:37 AM
Can anyone confirm if Frank was guarding the point -- where he should be!

Fizz stop playing Frank out of position, negating his strengths!!

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/11/2019  10:45 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:More good signs. Comp was legit this time as well. What we are hoping for. Impactful defense and efficient offense.

Big confidence booster. See Frank you can hold your own va NBA talent(All Stars). Keep working, If you can outplay a talent like Kemba. Then you have to believe you can beat out Payton

Frank owns Kemba! Yeah, I said it. Frank would be an All-Star if he only had to play the Nets and Celtics this season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/11/2019  10:55 AM
Chandler wrote:Can anyone confirm if Frank was guarding the point -- where he should be!

Fizz stop playing Frank out of position, negating his strengths!!

chatted w/ some who watched it all.

Frank guarded Kemba (mostly) while on the floor. Fornier was on Donovan (who had a big scoring game). Frank really gave Kemba problems. Frank had the 2nd best +/- and when he and Gobert checked in late in the 4th France took over and totally locked them down. Frank it a big 3 to tie it as well.

Some decent highlights on the Fiba site but they are blocked here for me at work.

Frank looked like the player we desperately need. Lock down defender and hits big shots.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
9/11/2019  10:58 AM
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/11/2019  11:10 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Fizdale should’ve been paying attention to the way France used Frank. He was a very unorthodox yet super effective point guard that turned a disorganized France attack in the third quarter into an unstoppable force. THIS is the blueprint for using Frank as an impact unique weapon off the bench. He is a winning player that when used in a system can make an impact even if the stats at the end are mild.

I hope Fiz uses Frank correctly. I don’t want Frank to be traded because the coach couldn’t see the right way to use him.

Fizdale ain’t no coach. Should be fired on the spot for doing absolutely zero with the players. Frank is doing what he is doing because he got away from the Knicks BS. He trained away from them in Dallas got back to his home roots in France this equals confidence. Playing a system less shyt show which Fizdale runs is a disaster for basketball players especially ones that have basketball I.Q.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/11/2019  11:18 AM
Frank is such a weird player to evaluate- he seems to have a positive impact on the game despite pedestrian individual stats, feels it's always been the way with him
martin
USA
9/11/2019  11:28 AM
smackeddog wrote:Frank is such a weird player to evaluate- he seems to have a positive impact on the game despite pedestrian individual stats, feels it's always been the way with him

It's cause his first strength is defense and defense is not entirely stats based, hard to quantify.

It's easy to look up PPG and FG%, it's all in the boxscore, harder to figure out how a defensive player impacts games. For a guard especially, you have steals and... and what else to look at in terms of defense?

Deeper look can show you PnR defense efficiency (and other) but that is still dependent on other players working in combination. Plus/Minus? Same thing.

BigDaddyG

9/11/2019  11:35 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2019  11:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:Frank is such a weird player to evaluate- he seems to have a positive impact on the game despite pedestrian individual stats, feels it's always been the way with him

I’ve been thinking for awhile now that he can end up having a Shane Battier-like career... and that’s honestly not bad.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/11/2019  11:48 AM
fishmike wrote:https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-frank-ntilikina-plays-huge-role-in-frances-historic-upset-of-team-usa-in-fiba-world-cup/310656016
Fried chicken baby!

I’m not against calling him that from this point forward.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

9/11/2019  11:53 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-frank-ntilikina-plays-huge-role-in-frances-historic-upset-of-team-usa-in-fiba-world-cup/310656016
Fried chicken baby!

Frank "winner, winner, chicken dinner" Ntilikina.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

9/11/2019  12:05 PM
It's all about Frank's head, and where it's at in terms of his confidence level. He knows his place on the French team. They play pretty good team ball on the offensive end, and we all know what Frank can give you on D. It is a good fit for him.

Still say Fizdale should have given him consistent minutes, no matter how he played, last year, and just let him go through his growing pains. He is too unselfish, and doesn't yet understand how good he can be on offense if he gets by the hesitation he always shows on that end of the court.

Another issue is defensive intensity. You can't try to do too much on D if you want to have the energy to play significant minutes each night. Hard to play lock down D at the PG position for 30+ minutes each night and not have it affect your offensive game.

He still has a team first Euro mentality, and I don't think it always translates well in the NBA...at least with the style of play we showed last year. He needs to learn to pick his spots and be "situationally selfish," on offense.

Glad he chose a big game to have his best game in the tournament.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/11/2019  12:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Fried chicken baby!

Frank "winner, winner, chicken dinner" Ntilikina.

That was one tasty Chicken McNugget of a performance. Not a ten piece or even a 5 piece. Just one. We've seen Frank have good games, always comes down to earth.

Whats encouraging is that Frank stepped up when it mattered. Doesnt have to be the guy who can carry the team offensively in the 4th. We have guards that can do that. Does have to show he can be a threat though. Games like this will make NBA teams think twice about dropping off on him, if Frank can be consistent.

In the meantime, hardcore Frank supporters, "No Fried Chicken for you.. Next!"

9/11/19 USA vs France

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy