[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

9/11/19 USA vs France
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/9/2019  2:04 PM
Looks like we will get to see FIBA Frankie vs some Team USA competition in the final round. The FIBA tournament is a small sample set so I hesitate to draw any major conclusions. I do think this is an opportunity for Frank to be aggressive and maybe build some confidence before returning to pre-season camp this fall. I’d love to see the kid leave it all on the court on Wednesday.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/9/2019  3:35 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Looks like we will get to see FIBA Frankie vs some Team USA competition in the final round. The FIBA tournament is a small sample set so I hesitate to draw any major conclusions. I do think this is an opportunity for Frank to be aggressive and maybe build some confidence before returning to pre-season camp this fall. I’d love to see the kid leave it all on the court on Wednesday.

I want to say I can’t wait to see this but I am too scared of being disappointed.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/9/2019  3:59 PM
If Frank has a bad game, will be blaming his hardcore supporters. Hope they will do the right thing and apologize to everyone. Maybe an offering of fried chicken, for damages.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/9/2019  4:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank has a bad game, will be blaming his hardcore supporters. Hope they will do the right thing and apologize to everyone. Maybe an offering of fried chicken, for damages.

From Royal Farms? Do that and I'll petition to change the name to UltimateGustav.com.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

9/9/2019  8:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank has a bad game, will be blaming his hardcore supporters. Hope they will do the right thing and apologize to everyone. Maybe an offering of fried chicken, for damages.

From Royal Farms? Do that and I'll petition to change the name to UltimateGustav.com.

That would be acceptable if the Frank supporters buy enough for everyone. Its only fair.

Popeyes would also be acceptable. When you go to one of their better franchises, its first rate.

My favorite fried chicken chain of all time was the old Chicken Delight from the 70s. The ones in NYC were amazing. Not greasy at all. Great sides. Pepsi owned the chain, and they made franchisees buy everything from them, which was expensive. Was a landmark lawsuit over it. Ended with the brand folding in the US. Sad day in fried chicken history.

Allanfan20
USA
9/9/2019  8:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That would be acceptable if the Frank supporters buy enough for everyone. Its only fair.

Popeyes would also be acceptable. When you go to one of their better franchises, its first rate.

My favorite fried chicken chain of all time was the old Chicken Delight from the 70s. The ones in NYC were amazing. Not greasy at all. Great sides. Pepsi owned the chain, and they made franchisees buy everything from them, which was expensive. Was a landmark lawsuit over it. Ended with the brand folding in the US. Sad day in fried chicken history.

PDQ has pretty delicious fried chicken sandwiches.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler

9/9/2019  8:34 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

When I left Fla they were building one in my town. Never got to check them out.

Allanfan20
USA
9/10/2019  8:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don’t remember if they do actual drums and breasts like how Popeyes does but their fried chicken sandwiches are what’s good... and they have very good shakes. I only tried one small shake though because I generally try to stay away from those. It was great though.

GustavBahler

9/10/2019  10:40 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don’t remember if they do actual drums and breasts like how Popeyes does but their fried chicken sandwiches are what’s good... and they have very good shakes. I only tried one small shake though because I generally try to stay away from those. It was great though.

Read an article about the chain a few years ago, believe they serve only boneless chicken. The numbers supposedly say that consumers are moving in that direction. Dont believe old school fried chicken is going away.

Smaller old school chains are getting bigger IMO, because too many big franchises make lousy fried chicken. Never had a good fried chicken meal at KFC in my lifetime, anywhere. Popeyes can be amazing one place, and give you a fried chicken hangover in another. Same with other big chains. Not enough consistency.

Allanfan20
USA
9/10/2019  11:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Read an article about the chain a few years ago, believe they serve only boneless chicken. The numbers supposedly say that consumers are moving in that direction. Dont believe old school fried chicken is going away.

Smaller old school chains are getting bigger IMO, because too many big franchises make lousy fried chicken. Never had a good fried chicken meal at KFC in my lifetime, anywhere. Popeyes can be amazing one place, and give you a fried chicken hangover in another. Same with other big chains. Not enough consistency.

Chain restaurants in general suck. The motto is to get a lot of people in and our quickly and obviously make a massive profit. One way to do that it to just use cheaper products but still charge the same and raise the prices. The rising prices is also a byproduct of the raising of the minimum wage. Sucks but it’s only going to get worse.

GustavBahler

9/10/2019  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/10/2019  12:38 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Chain restaurants in general suck. The motto is to get a lot of people in and our quickly and obviously make a massive profit. One way to do that it to just use cheaper products but still charge the same and raise the prices. The rising prices is also a byproduct of the raising of the minimum wage. Sucks but it’s only going to get worse.

You get what you pay for. Im glad they're raising the minimum wage for fast food workers in particular. You pay someone bargain basement wages, likely will get bargain basement service. Wages have been almost flat for 40 plus years. About time something is being done about it.

Another problem is how often they change the oil. You can tell when it hasnt been changed in a while. Fried chicken with canola oil, is getting better. Mandatory in some places. Would rather give consumers a choice.

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
9/10/2019  1:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You get what you pay for. Im glad they're raising the minimum wage for fast food workers in particular. You pay someone bargain basement wages, likely will get bargain basement service. Wages have been almost flat for 40 plus years. About time something is being done about it.

Another problem is how often they change the oil. You can tell when it hasnt been changed in a while. Fried chicken with canola oil, is getting better. Mandatory in some places. Would rather give consumers a choice.

Going cheap, at least in Jersey, nothing beats KFC original. That's a matter of taste (or lack thereof). Popeyes in both NJ and NYC tastes like over-fried, over-breaded, less tasty KFC Extra Krispy. Had some on the Gulf Coast once too, and it also tasted lousy. Not planning on going back unless I'm trapped and hungry and there's no place else to go. Popeye's fries weren't too bad. But gotta stay away from fries, too much potassium for Fat Boy here.

If price is no concern, I do not know how you can compare any chain to Chick-Fil-A, unless you just have a political bent you can't straighten out, so to speak. Their service is insanely good and ANY of their food makes Popeyes or KFC taste like fried cat meat.

There's also a chain that's only in Jersey called Cluck U (there's one in PA). Doesn't seem like they keep the same oil for too long. Great wings and sides. Their 911 sauce you have to sign a waiver to order. Good stuff if you can really stand the heat.

GustavBahler

9/10/2019  1:27 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Going cheap, at least in Jersey, nothing beats KFC original. That's a matter of taste (or lack thereof). Popeyes in both NJ and NYC tastes like over-fried, over-breaded, less tasty KFC Extra Krispy. Had some on the Gulf Coast once too, and it also tasted lousy. Not planning on going back unless I'm trapped and hungry and there's no place else to go. Popeye's fries weren't too bad. But gotta stay away from fries, too much potassium for Fat Boy here.

If price is no concern, I do not know how you can compare any chain to Chick-Fil-A, unless you just have a political bent you can't straighten out, so to speak. Their service is insanely good and ANY of their food makes Popeyes or KFC taste like fried cat meat.

There's also a chain that's only in Jersey called Cluck U (there's one in PA). Doesn't seem like they keep the same oil for too long. Great wings and sides. Their 911 sauce you have to sign a waiver to order. Good stuff if you can really stand the heat.

Never had KFC in Jersey. NY, VA, Fla. I agree that Chic fil A is more consistent than most big chains. Popeyes in Fla is hit and miss. But when they nail it, its great. First one I went to was in the early 80s in Fla when I lived down there briefly. The neighborhood didnt have a lot of jobs available. Was a better place to work than some of the other fast food places. Place was packed from open to close. Still busy when I left, but the service sucks now, always forget part of order.

Never seem to be a chic fil a in my neighborhood. As much as I love fried chicken, dont eat it often. Wouldnt go for an inferior fried chicken meal over chick fil A, for an occasional visit. Giving employees Sunday off is a good way to keep employees happy. Most in that industry dont get that. Wish they were more open minded though. Jesus wasnt so picky.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/10/2019  2:33 PM
Living in the south I have seen Chic Fil A grow and they do a great job. They print money!! The franchises I near me are in upper end shopping centers and they manage to maintain a diverse working crew with an percentage of seniors also on staff. Fresh flower on the table and super clean.
Im not a fast food fan but they do a good job. on wrap sandwiches and Salads. Key to them or others is stay away from fried offerings and don't eat fries.

One of my business locations is next to a Mcdonalds. Artisan chicken sandwich (not fried) is pretty good. Get it with a yogurt Parfait as a side.
When they put the caloric count on menu's its a real buzz kill!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/10/2019  2:54 PM

Lol.

KFC just not the same as when we were kids. Popeyes always good (No matter how you feel afterwards). Freakin Rican in Astoria, Charles Country Chicken on 8th and of course Bob White are when you are looking to treat yourself to some good fried chicken in NY.

As for Frank, think we will see good defense and lots of passing. For some reason they did not have him in at the end of the last game despite having a strong start. Problem still seems to be aggressiveness on offense and inability to create his own shot. As I have always said, kid is a talent and plays good Defense but if he doesn't get a scoring mentality and learns to attack the rim, he will be a bench role player in todays NBA.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/10/2019  3:33 PM
Nalod wrote:Living in the south I have seen Chic Fil A grow and they do a great job. They print money!! The franchises I near me are in upper end shopping centers and they manage to maintain a diverse working crew with an percentage of seniors also on staff. Fresh flower on the table and super clean.
Im not a fast food fan but they do a good job. on wrap sandwiches and Salads. Key to them or others is stay away from fried offerings and don't eat fries.

One of my business locations is next to a Mcdonalds. Artisan chicken sandwich (not fried) is pretty good. Get it with a yogurt Parfait as a side.

Think of it the other way...you know exactly what you're ingesting. Would you want to drop any drug without knowing what it's laced with? Some of the caloric listings are insane, but at least you're being empowered with the info to help adjustments throughout the day.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/10/2019  11:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Living in the south I have seen Chic Fil A grow and they do a great job. They print money!! The franchises I near me are in upper end shopping centers and they manage to maintain a diverse working crew with an percentage of seniors also on staff. Fresh flower on the table and super clean.

Think of it the other way...you know exactly what you're ingesting. Would you want to drop any drug without knowing what it's laced with? Some of the caloric listings are insane, but at least you're being empowered with the info to help adjustments throughout the day.

I cool with it. It affects my choices for sure11

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/11/2019  5:14 AM

Gotta love off-Season... where a game thread - yeah I know its only FIBA - becomes an education session in Fried Chicken Chains...
Thats UK in a nutshell!!!
Love it!
Allanfan20
USA
9/11/2019  7:12 AM
dodger78 wrote:
Gotta love off-Season... where a game thread - yeah I know its only FIBA - becomes an education session in Fried Chicken Chains...
Thats UK in a nutshell!!!
Love it!

Frank is playing extremely well despite the light stat line.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
9/11/2019  8:38 AM
Frank with the 3 off the dribble to tie it up at 76!
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
9/11/19 USA vs France

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy