[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Bogey Cousins injured
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
8/15/2019  1:34 PM
Demarcos Cousins reportedly suffered a torn ACL while working out in Vegas. Anyone out there for the Lakers to grab? Does this open the door for Melo?
Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/15/2019  1:38 PM
Ouch. He has had a bad run. Similar to DRose. Everybody heals differently but I woukd be terrified if the Knicks had maxed KD.
Would love to see Melo on the Lakers. I don’t want him on the Nets. The
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2019  1:45 PM
As long as Melo interests don't conflict with the Knicks I wish him well in what ever he does.
If Lakers earn a chip and he contributed to it would be a nice end to his career.
JesseDark
8/15/2019  1:45 PM
Lakers will have to play Anthony Davis more at center, which isn’t what he wants to do.
Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
USA
8/15/2019  1:49 PM
Hate to say "Karma is a bitch" but Boogies sour years perhaps made his career toxic.
Rose had an arrogant patina about him and perhaps karma too played a role.
Its not always fair either. The universe works in strange ways.
With Boogie, perhaps I now have empathy. He showed me grit the way he came back for the playoffs. He was out of shape due to the injury and looked bad but he played hard as best he could.
This is a guy we could have thrown money at. We didn't.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/15/2019  2:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Would love to see Melo on the Lakers. I don’t want him on the Nets.

Agreed. Brooklyn's got 15 players under contract. They're really going to waive someone for a Red Hook farewell/Waiting for KD tour?
Hopefully Dolan will step in and interfere before he lets that happen.

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/15/2019  2:43 PM
Shame for him, he’s suffered the worst injuries- should never have taken the 1yr GS deal
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/15/2019  3:11 PM
Cousins poor attitude early in his career caused Sactown to want to get rid of him and scared New Orleans from committing long term. Then he picked the exact wrong time to start catching injuries like a cold. The dude has probably cost himself more than $100 million in missed money. No one is ever going to sign him longterm for any large amount. I feel bad for him because by all accounts, his attitude had improved and he was playing more of a team game by the time he got to New Orleans.
Trust the Process
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/15/2019  3:16 PM
This sucks bad for him. I hope he saved all the money he’s made so far.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/15/2019  3:29 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:This sucks bad for him. I hope he saved all the money he’s made so far.

I won't completely rule him out. D Rose was able to recover some of his lost earnings. But I would rather take a chance on a one night, bareback stand with Paris Hilton than sign Boogie Cousins. I was incredulous when some in the media threw his name out as possible free agent before. He's a worse bet than McDyess was.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/15/2019  4:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:This sucks bad for him. I hope he saved all the money he’s made so far.

I won't completely rule him out. D Rose was able to recover some of his lost earnings. But I would rather take a chance on a one night, bareback stand with Paris Hilton than sign Boogie Cousins. I was incredulous when some in the media threw his name out as possible free agent before. He's a worse bet than McDyess was.

Add me to the slim list of ppl who was willing to take a shot on him..

Dude is toast at this point..you might see him in the BIG 3 by july

ES
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/15/2019  4:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:Shame for him, he’s suffered the worst injuries- should never have taken the 1yr GS deal

I don't think he had any other options

ES
JesseDark
8/15/2019  5:48 PM
Bogey has gone from 5M with Golden State to 3M with the Lakers. By the time he is healthy again its gonna be 1M and bag of balls.
Bring back dee-fense
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/17/2019  8:46 PM
It's Boogie not Bogey unless you were trying to be funny. But yeah this goes to show that such injuries are hard to come back from. He's had 3 injuries 3 consecutive years now. The only difference between him and KD in that sense is that he's got more body weight, but the similarities are there...one of the best players at his position, was really reliable and durable until the first injury happened. People who are mocking the Knicks FO should be happy that we didn't take that risk with KD.

I was as mad as anyone else that KD decided to come to new york area and sign with Nets, but in hindsight...did we dodge a bullet? Signs point to 'yes we did'. and is that the kind of risk this FO could have afforded to take? can you inagine NY media if KD went through the same stages and fate as Cousins? They would be crucified.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
8/18/2019  10:37 AM
Knicks spend 35mm on a player hurt the team would be criticized in my opinion. Nets “Win” was contrast to “Winning over the Knicks”. Makes sense for Nets to take Durant on. Not for us.

My opinion is knicks really have a small tolerance to risk as its been way too long since we have had success on the court. Getting KD is an off the court success. Kyrie would be a talent gain but not a fit for where this roster is now. We should be casting a wide net and auditioning as many players and cultivate too. Thus I think we are dong the right things. Nets did t his with a variety of players over 3 years. Its boring, its tedious and its sneaky.
KP 20 months of the court and wants $158mm. We can’t do that. Too risky. Trade the team for AD. Too early in the process for us to get a player like that.
When Knicks talent is deeper we can take some risks but to do so now would keep setting us back. At least we got back some value for KP. If he can’t perform that contract becomes an albatross.
Not saying I’m happy with how things turned out. It is what it is.
I think the Nets are a deep team and Kyrie might not be a big upgrade from Russell but he brings star power.
IF Durant can come back and perhaps nets can keep getting better internally and perhaps pull off a trade there is a good foundation for a run in a year or two. I dont see it, but I see the fundamental potential.

Boogie is a big kid and the wheels get more stressed as you get older. Durant body type reminds me or earl Monroe who played well to age 35 back in the day. Earl’s shot was fundamentally strength was in his quick release. His footwork was unique to him and it was sustainable. Its how he made distance between the defender. He did not rely heavily on strength and speed. some players can keep their “Quick”.
A player like Westbrook is an athletic freak with a high motor. Its not that he has not worked on his game, its just his strength. Harden is fundamentally brilliant and I’d put my money on his longevity if he can stay healthy. Westbrook. Boogie Can still be a good player, but I’m glad we did not go there with a big money deal. Old knicks did that.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/18/2019  3:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah less likely I think. Cousins is a massive man. Have a hard time believing he will be able to stay healthy. Hopefully he can pull himself together and be a solid role player. Mcydess ended up being a key piece for those good Pistons teams.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/18/2019  3:43 PM
Feel bad for Cousins, seems like he made an effort not to be a distraction after Sac. Still glad we didnt see what past FOs might have done. Give Cousins an expensive contract.

If we had a deep squad, Id consider tsking a chance if he wasnt asking too much. Someone to help put the team over the top. We're a few seasons from that.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/21/2019  11:38 PM
Don't mess with Karma.
This lady can put anyone in serious trouble.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/30/2019  11:17 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/police-issue-arrest-warrant-for-de-marcus-cousins-on-domestic-violence-charge-201214139.html

From bad to worse.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/30/2019  11:52 AM
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/police-issue-arrest-warrant-for-de-marcus-cousins-on-domestic-violence-charge-201214139.html

From bad to worse.

What goes around comes around.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
OT: Bogey Cousins injured

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy