[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Mudiay and Agent wanted Mudiay to play for Snyder because of his success as a developmental coach
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/14/2019  1:54 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/14/2019  2:47 PM
I saw his interview when he said that a couple of wks ago and started to post it, but i figured why fan the fire..

We all know our development system is super suspect, and to think, he was one of the only guys that showed improvement.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/14/2019  4:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I saw his interview when he said that a couple of wks ago and started to post it, but i figured why fan the fire..

We all know our development system is super suspect, and to think, he was one of the only guys that showed improvement.

I mean, he had to find some team to take him in. I think it was made clear the organization wasn't bringing him back. No big deal. Just another blown out player quote in the off-season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
8/14/2019  4:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I saw his interview when he said that a couple of wks ago and started to post it, but i figured why fan the fire..

I mean, he had to find some team to take him in. I think it was made clear the organization wasn't bringing him back. No big deal. Just another blown out player quote in the off-season.

Did he even want to comeback?

I mean That's all fiz talked about coming into the season, was getting mudiay right.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/14/2019  4:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I mean That's all fiz talked about coming into the season, was getting mudiay right.

I don't think you trade for DSJ with the intent of keeping Mudiay. He probably did want to come back since we could pay him the most. I guess Fiz did get Mudiay right....into a minimum contract. I'd consider that a success since most believed Mudiay would be out the league two years ago.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/14/2019  5:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't think you trade for DSJ with the intent of keeping Mudiay. He probably did want to come back since we could pay him the most. I guess Fiz did get Mudiay right....into a minimum contract. I'd consider that a success since most believed Mudiay would be out the league two years ago.

Agreed. Fiz did improve Mudiay's game. The problem was even an improved Mudiay was no better than a backup PG, and the team needed to move on.

Trust the Process
knicks1248
8/15/2019  8:10 AM
TheGame wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agreed. Fiz did improve Mudiay's game. The problem was even an improved Mudiay was no better than a backup PG, and the team needed to move on.

Yeah agree, but these are the kind of draft mistakes you can't afford. I hope they do a better job with DSJ.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2019  9:04 AM
Mudiay can play. He demonstrated a big improvement. Now he has to show it on a good team and enhance.
Knicks were not going to pay him his qualifying offer which I believe was 14mm. So he was made a free agent.
Did we want to bring him back for more than one year? Could even define his role here?
Knicks did a good job with him but more important he did the work and showed why he was drafted 4th.
(Even still look how good Denver is!)
We wanted Payton. He is better than Mudiay.
What is Mudiay going to say? Positive things. Snyder is a good coach and does a great job in Salt Lake. I hope he succeeds as his growth would also look good on the knicks. Yes, he turned his career around here. He was really out of sorts when he got here!
Rainman would take Mudiay’s comments as his validation. Was it a slight on Knicks? Mudiay was given a big opportunity here, I would imagine he is pretty happy with his time here.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/15/2019  10:08 AM
Yeah, I don't see this as a slight on the Knicks. He had by far his best season as a Knick. Fizdale delivered. Of course he needs/wants to continue to develop his game.

They already have another (long term?) project on their hands in Utah. It'll be interesting to see between Mudiay and Exum who earns the minutes.

Whatever. Not our problem any more. :)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/15/2019  10:16 AM
isn't Utah the place Trey Burke didn't improve from his rookie season?

I wonder if Mudiay had any better offers anywhere else? Min type money - almost better to go overseas.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/15/2019  11:02 AM
Wasted time.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/15/2019  11:08 AM
in my view u gotta look at any situation from last year in light of the knicks twin agenda of wanting to lose games and also taking a total flier on a few recent lottery washouts.

if rj barrett becomes the stud we hope he can be credit it to last year's strategy.

knicks1248
8/15/2019  12:26 PM
Marv wrote:in my view u gotta look at any situation from last year in light of the knicks twin agenda of wanting to lose games and also taking a total flier on a few recent lottery washouts.

if rj barrett becomes the stud we hope he can be credit it to last year's strategy.

You can't develop winning habits if the coach and players have no pressure to win games and play smart.

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/15/2019  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2019  1:19 PM
who the **** cares.. Mudiay is Mr. Shortcut

Went to SMU because his grades sucked... went to China because his grades ended up being to ****ty for SMU in the end and he didn't want to wait... went to China so eh could put the minimum in... He fell in the draft because he didn't work on his shot at all in China and then Denver gave up on him because his jump shot didn't improve... He was our leading scorer and we gave up on him because of his flat ****ing shot... now he's all about development? wtf bro you shot is flatter than Kyrie Irving's planet earth and it has been that way since day one and his waist is only getting fatter.. Mr. Shortcut needs a development coach -- whatever, he needs work ethic

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2019  1:55 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:who the **** cares.. Mudiay is Mr. Shortcut

Went to SMU because his grades sucked... went to China because his grades ended up being to ****ty for SMU in the end and he didn't want to wait... went to China so eh could put the minimum in... He fell in the draft because he didn't work on his shot at all in China and then Denver gave up on him because his jump shot didn't improve... He was our leading scorer and we gave up on him because of his flat ****ing shot... now he's all about development? wtf bro you shot is flatter than Kyrie Irving's planet earth and it has been that way since day one and his waist is only getting fatter.. Mr. Shortcut needs a development coach -- whatever, he needs work ethic

He went to china because he family war really quite in need. He had a really bad ankle injury.
After that he did not perform or grow in Denver. Denver drafted Murray and moved on. Good teams keep at it and move on. Good teams make It up in other drafts. Jokic really panned out.
Some players outperform draft position, others don't. So far we got frank and Mitch. Maybe it works out like that.
Mudiay improved so he put in the work. Dude can have a Ray Felton type career if his shot keeps improving. It is improving. He is a better penetrator than felton.

knicks1248
8/15/2019  4:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:who the **** cares.. Mudiay is Mr. Shortcut

He went to china because he family war really quite in need. He had a really bad ankle injury.
After that he did not perform or grow in Denver. Denver drafted Murray and moved on. Good teams keep at it and move on. Good teams make It up in other drafts. Jokic really panned out.
Some players outperform draft position, others don't. So far we got frank and Mitch. Maybe it works out like that.
Mudiay improved so he put in the work. Dude can have a Ray Felton type career if his shot keeps improving. It is improving. He is a better penetrator than felton.

first time i can agree with you on something

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/15/2019  7:57 PM
Good Luck Mudiay, Long live the tank commander
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

8/15/2019  10:54 PM
Mudiay played on a horrible team last year -- on a decent one it will be interesting to see how he does. I wish him the best.
Article: Mudiay and Agent wanted Mudiay to play for Snyder because of his success as a developmental coach

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy