[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

9/24/2019  10:08 AM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.facebook.com/notes/french-knicks-pod/french-knicks-pod-frank-ntilikina-interview-in-paris-at-the-french-bball-federat/2403534409906420/

Seventh question : You did not have the feeling of being restrained by the injuries and your situation in NBA?

Not at all, I am very happy to be a Knick and I believe in the Steve Mills project.
The last two seasons, it was very clear that the goal was to play as much as possible the young players of the roster to develop them.
This year, we will surprise the entire NBA, as I did with the french team at the World Cup.
To understand me, it was just a process of adaptation. The NBA is another style, another country and a different everyday life. It's not necessarily obvious, especially when it comes to basketball in New York. For some it may take a day or two, for others longer. For me, New York is home since day one, but i needed time to give my best.
I am motivated, determined to succeed with the Knicks jersey. Being at this moment the one who wears the jersey since the longest time in the roster is a responsibility, and to deserve the respect of the Knicks fans, it will be only by the daily work with dedication every day in the training sessions to create the best systems to win games.
Work extremely hard every day, and most importantly do not talk to say nothing. Do things well to improve together to succeed with the squad like a family. no success without sacrifice.
To be leader of the team I worked very hard this summer my game to reach my goals of the season with the Knicks. If I want to achieve my personal goals in the long run, we have to go through that.

having some legit scorers should really help him thrive as a defender and distributor. I really think he's a key to our core moving forward and I dont even know what position he plays.

absolutely true. great point. If he were surrounded by some shooters many more would be singing praises of selflessness and defense.

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/24/2019  10:42 AM
https://theathletic.com/1229084/2019/09/23/you-are-not-the-same-frank-anymore-an-insiders-account-of-frank-ntilikinas-world-cup-and-what-it-means-for-the-knicks/
Collet saw a player who was too unselfish — something he sees as untenable in the NBA — and Ntilikina has admitted to struggles calibrating his self-sufficiency and a team-friendlier mindset.

“I knew he was not completely ready to cope with the difficulties he will meet in the NBA,” Collet said. “He was 19 years old and he needed time. The problem when you get drafted is that you cannot refuse it, so you have to go.”

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/24/2019  12:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://theathletic.com/1229084/2019/09/23/you-are-not-the-same-frank-anymore-an-insiders-account-of-frank-ntilikinas-world-cup-and-what-it-means-for-the-knicks/
Collet saw a player who was too unselfish — something he sees as untenable in the NBA — and Ntilikina has admitted to struggles calibrating his self-sufficiency and a team-friendlier mindset.

“I knew he was not completely ready to cope with the difficulties he will meet in the NBA,” Collet said. “He was 19 years old and he needed time. The problem when you get drafted is that you cannot refuse it, so you have to go.”

Some of us said as much before he was drafted, so did some French NBA ballers, after Frank was drafted. Wasn't exactly a state secret. No one expected a huge leap in year 2 as far as agressiveness, but were expecting something. That really didnt have anything to do with injuries.

No secret Frank needs more of a chip on his shoulder to make it in this league. Would be great to see Frank turn a corner offensively. Even if its not enough to keep him in NY, he still would have a an opportunity to finish the process somewhere else.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/24/2019  3:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://theathletic.com/1229084/2019/09/23/you-are-not-the-same-frank-anymore-an-insiders-account-of-frank-ntilikinas-world-cup-and-what-it-means-for-the-knicks/

His improved aggressivness comes from improved confidence. His confidence has come from the work he has put in to improve his handle. He isn't going to give the ball up at half court because he has more belief in his handle to beat pressure. He is more confident in his improved shooting mechanics and foot work, how it feels comming off his hands. So he is willing to take those shots.

Defensively he has always been aggressive and confident because he has complete faith in his craft defensively.

He needs to improve his floaters and clean up his finishing ability around the rim.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/25/2019  6:29 PM
There is a great scouting video on Frank, comparing his Knicks game to his FIBA game. This should give us some hope.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/09/25/this-looks-nothing-like-the-frank-ntilikina-who-has-confounded-knicks/amp/

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
houston20
Member: #8797

9/26/2019  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/26/2019  10:52 AM

Marc berman says it up to perry if he wants to pick up frank option and other frank information. Basically frank has between october 1-21 to impress knicks management and coaching staff to have his 4 year option picked up.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/this-looks-nothing-like-the-frank-ntilikina-who-has-confounded-knicks/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/26/2019  1:07 PM
I totally get DSJr not debated about his extension as his talent potential is high but his resume is not exactly flawless either. ACL senior year in Highschool, did not light it up until his last third of his only college season at NC state and Mixed reviews as a Mav. Unless Frank falls on his face I expect both options to get picked up. If not you basically have to trade them ASAP or waive.
houston20

9/26/2019  1:30 PM
Nalod wrote:I totally get DSJr not debated about his extension as his talent potential is high but his resume is not exactly flawless either. ACL senior year in Highschool, did not light it up until his last third of his only college season at NC state and Mixed reviews as a Mav. Unless Frank falls on his face I expect both options to get picked up. If not you basically have to trade them ASAP or waive.

I think perry likes dsj lot more then frank because dsj has been more productive in his first 2 season then frank has. I think this is really big training camp for frank because he has to impress management and the coaching staff.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/27/2019  4:41 AM
What better player could we get in a trade for Franck or with his 6 millions salary. We have to be patient with our young players.
What's the point in drafting young raw prospects if we let them struggle for 2 years and let another team reaps the benefit of their improvements.
I say, let's keep him for 4 years to see what he's got.
If he amounts to nothing, too bad but it only costs the team the reasonable amount of a rookie contract.
If he's just useful role player, you pay as much hoping he improves. A good defender at a reasonable contract is not a bad investment.
If he's beginning to blossom in a real good player you reap the benefits for once.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2019  9:29 AM
shinmen wrote:What better player could we get in a trade for Franck or with his 6 millions salary. We have to be patient with our young players.
What's the point in drafting young raw prospects if we let them struggle for 2 years and let another team reaps the benefit of their improvements.
If he amounts to nothing, too bad but it only costs the team the reasonable amount of a rookie contract.
If he's just useful role player, you pay as much hoping he improves. A good defender at a reasonable contract is not a bad investment.
If he's beginning to blossom in a real good player you reap the benefits for once.
it really is this simple and straightforward. You are spot on
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/27/2019  10:19 AM
shinmen wrote:What better player could we get in a trade for Franck or with his 6 millions salary. We have to be patient with our young players.

this is exactly what a smart franchise would do! We shall see though...

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
9/27/2019  11:27 AM
WE are so predisposed to knicks messing up. You win 23 then 17 games its not hard to shyt on the franchise.

Wake call according to Childs.....
https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/chris-childs-says-nets-free-agent-coup-should-be-knicks-wakeup-call/

He wants to get into broadcasting and have not so PC view. Im not going to fault him but really, the fact KD and Kyrie went to Nets should be a "Wake up call"? The problem is if Knicks did a Clipper type move what is left for them to play with? I think the wake up call is not to pander to notion NY Knicks Deserve to have stars gravitate here and to do so requires:

1. Logical before and after roster.
2. Has to benefit the player coming in to elevate his game.
3. Be a balanced roster in the aftermath to accomplish a winning goal.

I think Nets made a great move FOR THEM. That move would be the same for us. Too much of a gap in talent and age. Nets are in a very good spot.
While Childes is not wrong, its a fluff piece. He finishes the article with his liking the toughness the new signees bring.

For Knick fans here who breath this in our sleep can easily have said the same things. Just cuz its chris childs don't make it fresh.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/27/2019  11:45 AM
Chandler wrote:

Are we going to extend DSJ?

Isn't he in the same boat as Frank?

ES
houston20

9/27/2019  12:04 PM

The problem is with frank situation hasn't produce under this management that didn't pick him and this is results business. For example dotson didn't have the best rookie season but his second season he was good and got his third year option picked up if dotson second season wasn't good his option wouldn't been picked up. Both dotson and frank were phil jackson pick not perry and the player who is doing the best out the 2 phil picks is dotson who the knicks are interested in. I think frank is going to have to really have to impress the coaching staff for the next 20 days to get his 4 year option picked up by october 21 2019.
houston20

9/27/2019  12:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

If dsj i think his 4 year option is going to be picked and if he has good season this year i think he gets extended in the summer of 2020.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2019  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Nobody is talking about an extension its about picking up the 4th year option (next year)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/27/2019  12:59 PM
I fully expect the Knicks to pick up Frank’s Option! They’ve actually been monitoring his progress all summer and we’re aware that he was looking much better. Then FIBA allowed him a chance to actually flesh out his game and apply what he’d been working on. It was a perfect situation for his development before Camp. Now his confidence is at an all time high. He looks more like the kid we saw in U18 where he was very confident.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/27/2019  3:59 PM
Everything I saw frank do this summer I saw him do at some point in the NBA at a super inconsistent rate over the last 2 seasons.

What I want to see is him getting into the paint and drawing fouls (atleast 5 to 6 FTA per game) coming around screens and nailing 3 pointers.

He has to convert his game to the NBA.

We drafted him because he was playing like phil wanted his players to play, and essentially look as good as he did this summer prior to being drafted (which i posted the clips). There's no more phil, and no more triangle

He's not going to be playing the style he played in france, and certainly not the same talent around him.

ES
Nalod
USA
9/27/2019  4:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2019  4:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Everything I saw frank do this summer I saw him do at some point in the NBA at a super inconsistent rate over the last 2 seasons.

What I want to see is him getting into the paint and drawing fouls (atleast 5 to 6 FTA per game) coming around screens and nailing 3 pointers.

We drafted him because he was playing like phil wanted his players to play, and essentially look as good as he did this summer prior to being drafted (which i posted the clips). There's no more phil, and no more triangle

He's not going to be playing the style he played in france, and certainly not the same talent around him.

Stephan Curry avg 4.88 FTA per game. I want Frank to shoot FTA over the rate the 2 time MVP perhaps greatest shooting guard ever too!
Top 100 players: https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/free-throws-attempted?rate=per-game
Trolling with facts!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/27/2019  10:22 PM
Frank F
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Everything I saw frank do this summer I saw him do at some point in the NBA at a super inconsistent rate over the last 2 seasons.

Stephan Curry avg 4.88 FTA per game. I want Frank to shoot FTA over the rate the 2 time MVP perhaps greatest shooting guard ever too!
Top 100 players: https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/free-throws-attempted?rate=per-game
Trolling with facts!

Frank needs to get to the line more. Frank took 2 free throws in a 5 game span where he averaged thirty minutes a night. If Frank could shoot like a witch from three it would t be as big a deal. Even if he shot 40% from the field overall it wouldn’t be as big a deal.
One of the things that gives me hope for Frank as a shooter is that he is a pretty good free throw shooter.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy