knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
shinmen wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
technomaster wrote:Nice hesitation dribble at :59 second mark in the video, freed himself up for a nice open shot.

It's nice to see him playing well and contributing. If he could have a bunch of games just like this one (hit a couple of 3s, make some plays near the basket, and hit some teammates for open shots...), nothing exceptional, fans would fall in love all over again and start grumbling to see more of him.

As it stands, last season was extremely damaging for fan opinion of Ntilikina, and our expectations of him are extremely low (as is his trade value).

Never sell low

truth. never sell frank. always serviceable, always cheap.

why, is that because there's no player better than him at $5 million?

I keep asking (never got a answer from any frank fans) if frank was on another roster with the same stats, would you hope and pray that the FO traded for him?

It depends on the price but yes I would. Marcus Smart who was invaluable to the Celtics is a horrible offensive player even after 5 years and still got like 12M$ per year because of his defense.
Marcus and Frank have similar stats but Frank has room to improve and Smart has benefited from much much much better teammates throughout his career.
Frank at 4, 5M$ a year could be a bargain if he improves his efficiency on offense.

Smart has a different motor and a much more intense approach.

Which is why he is paid 12mm per and will be 26 years old this season. He is the player he is.
All of this “arguing” about frank is drawing conclusions about a player who just turned 21 and was still growing. Smart was a beast in college. Celtics have had a talented roster the last few years and he is valuable as a role player for them.
Parallel? Smart spent two years in college. Frank two years in the NBA. Smart NBA offense vs. his college has been a disappointment. Kid is a bulldog and earns his money with grit. Frank is a different player with a different skill set, body, and team.
Smart was the 6th pick in his draft.

After the France beat US game Knicks can auction Frank and 29 NBA teams will come to bargain for him.
You can get a lot of money out of it. But Knicks will not do this... Nobody want to potentially look as an idiot.

This front office will botch any frank trade in a heartbeat..and his NEW agent will request trade

(mark my words) if he's regulated to the bench.

You are right the Knicks are going to botch this big time. This team devalues what they really have always values what they don’t. Frank is not a player who is end of bench type player. His value and strength are his teammates. He thrives in system and has a really good basketball IQ. If you put Frank around scorers he is going to keep a lot of players happy. He is a leader unselfish to a fault but he is a leader and a winning type player.

100% agree..

Fiz or JH have/had no system and no clue on how to use him, and Fizdales heavy ISO is the last system on earth you want to put him, because that "BY FAR" is not his game.

I love how you call Frank garbage... until it doesnt fit your narrative. Then he's not being used right. Hmmmm

he's numbers indicated he's garbage, even his trade value sunk to the bottom of the barrel.

I want the kid to do well, and i'll root for him where ever he ends up, but i know it won't be on the knicks. I also know he's wasting his time and talents with this BS FO, on this suspect roster and suspect coach, who has very little head coach experience, even less with international players .

Told you the same thing about KP..and you doubted me.

ES
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/12/2019  4:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I think Frank ensured his option gets picked up and Frankly that's a big win. I thought for sure they would decline the option. We have a lot more to gain by rolling the dice on Frank than we do on a different development project. I don't share the same sentiment on Frank as some do on this board as I have his ceiling not all that high. But if we end up with Chris Childs with a 7'2" wingspan I will definitely take it

What was displayed was the vision when drafting a prospect like Frank. Which is basically a piece that would help create Voltron. Multiple lengthy players that can cover ground accross the court iritating ball handlers, ability to shoot creating spacing, put the ball on the floor, creating for each other.

I remain very high on him. When Frank is in and playing well he's going to make the whole team better, just like he's doing w/ France, like he did at Strausberg that got him drafted. Until it happens hes going to look bad.

Does anyone remember Draymond's first couple of years? No.. I dont either. I get the arguement that Draymond wasnt a lottery pick, but he would be if that lottery was redone and people draft players of his mold because the value is self evident.

The BIGGEST reason I want Frank to succeed is he's exactly the kind of player we need. Fingers crossed. It will be a telling year for many in the org

In the right situation like what was just described he can look like a beast.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
9/12/2019  5:13 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I think Frank ensured his option gets picked up and Frankly that's a big win. I thought for sure they would decline the option. We have a lot more to gain by rolling the dice on Frank than we do on a different development project. I don't share the same sentiment on Frank as some do on this board as I have his ceiling not all that high. But if we end up with Chris Childs with a 7'2" wingspan I will definitely take it

What was displayed was the vision when drafting a prospect like Frank. Which is basically a piece that would help create Voltron. Multiple lengthy players that can cover ground accross the court iritating ball handlers, ability to shoot creating spacing, put the ball on the floor, creating for each other.

I think he looked really good because he was playing alongside really good players. I'm not so sure he is a frist, second, or even third option. But clearly he showed he can be a very important piece

I mean wasn't like he only hit wide open shots based off his teammates greatness. He is the one that created the 3 to tie the game. The hard work he put in is what created the step back jumper in Kemba's face. Him fighting over screens and smoothering Kemba wasn't due to his teammates. He is also a good 5-6 years young at 21 than Fournier and Gobert and 8 years younger than Kemba.

There is only one ball. You need to have a collection of players that provide things on the basketball court when the ball isn't in their hands. Like play defense. Need to score efficiently as well. Having unselfish players that move the ball creates easier looks that creates more efficient offense. These are proven to win basketball games time and time again.

If he is able to make plays within the flow of a game without needing to be featured as a first, 2nd, 3rd option playing great defense. Then he is an extremely high commodity. These type of players are ideal and very very hard to find.

Playing great defense holding FIRST OPTION Kemba to 22% shooting (2-9). While shooting 56% from the field on 5-9 himself is ideal production from a 4th-5th option.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2019  8:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
shinmen wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
technomaster wrote:Nice hesitation dribble at :59 second mark in the video, freed himself up for a nice open shot.

It's nice to see him playing well and contributing. If he could have a bunch of games just like this one (hit a couple of 3s, make some plays near the basket, and hit some teammates for open shots...), nothing exceptional, fans would fall in love all over again and start grumbling to see more of him.

As it stands, last season was extremely damaging for fan opinion of Ntilikina, and our expectations of him are extremely low (as is his trade value).

Never sell low

I keep asking (never got a answer from any frank fans) if frank was on another roster with the same stats, would you hope and pray that the FO traded for him?

It depends on the price but yes I would. Marcus Smart who was invaluable to the Celtics is a horrible offensive player even after 5 years and still got like 12M$ per year because of his defense.
Marcus and Frank have similar stats but Frank has room to improve and Smart has benefited from much much much better teammates throughout his career.
Frank at 4, 5M$ a year could be a bargain if he improves his efficiency on offense.

Which is why he is paid 12mm per and will be 26 years old this season. He is the player he is.
All of this “arguing” about frank is drawing conclusions about a player who just turned 21 and was still growing. Smart was a beast in college. Celtics have had a talented roster the last few years and he is valuable as a role player for them.
Parallel? Smart spent two years in college. Frank two years in the NBA. Smart NBA offense vs. his college has been a disappointment. Kid is a bulldog and earns his money with grit. Frank is a different player with a different skill set, body, and team.

After the France beat US game Knicks can auction Frank and 29 NBA teams will come to bargain for him.
You can get a lot of money out of it. But Knicks will not do this... Nobody want to potentially look as an idiot.

This front office will botch any frank trade in a heartbeat..and his NEW agent will request trade

You are right the Knicks are going to botch this big time. This team devalues what they really have always values what they don’t. Frank is not a player who is end of bench type player. His value and strength are his teammates. He thrives in system and has a really good basketball IQ. If you put Frank around scorers he is going to keep a lot of players happy. He is a leader unselfish to a fault but he is a leader and a winning type player.

100% agree..

Fiz or JH have/had no system and no clue on how to use him, and Fizdales heavy ISO is the last system on earth you want to put him, because that "BY FAR" is not his game.

I love how you call Frank garbage... until it doesnt fit your narrative. Then he's not being used right. Hmmmm

he's numbers indicated he's garbage, even his trade value sunk to the bottom of the barrel.

I want the kid to do well, and i'll root for him where ever he ends up, but i know it won't be on the knicks. I also know he's wasting his time and talents with this BS FO, on this suspect roster and suspect coach, who has very little head coach experience, even less with international players .

...........Rainman. Redundant and regressive!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/12/2019  9:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2019  9:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
shinmen wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

Never sell low

100% agree..

Numbers means nothing for 21-year old prospect.
His impact on the game is already solid.
Was not visible on rebuilding Knicks team but very clear on France national team.
As far as FO their work so far was not about winning and not even about style of play.
It was all about putting some balanced roster together to see what we get in our prospects.
They manager to get to the starting point in one year which is impressive.
Will they be able to evaluate and develop the players we get in one or 2 upcoming seasons is to be seen.
Organization will also have at least 2 more seasons to evaluate the coach.
Is he just development coach and motivator or something more is still an unknown.
If he will not show much of the top NBA coaching he will be replaced with whatever will became available.
It is business and it takes long time to put together solid product in NBA.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/12/2019  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2019  9:29 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I think he looked really good because he was playing alongside really good players. I'm not so sure he is a frist, second, or even third option. But clearly he showed he can be a very important piece

I mean wasn't like he only hit wide open shots based off his teammates greatness. He is the one that created the 3 to tie the game. The hard work he put in is what created the step back jumper in Kemba's face. Him fighting over screens and smoothering Kemba wasn't due to his teammates. He is also a good 5-6 years young at 21 than Fournier and Gobert and 8 years younger than Kemba.

There is only one ball. You need to have a collection of players that provide things on the basketball court when the ball isn't in their hands. Like play defense. Need to score efficiently as well. Having unselfish players that move the ball creates easier looks that creates more efficient offense. These are proven to win basketball games time and time again.

If he is able to make plays within the flow of a game without needing to be featured as a first, 2nd, 3rd option playing great defense. Then he is an extremely high commodity. These type of players are ideal and very very hard to find.

Playing great defense holding FIRST OPTION Kemba to 22% shooting (2-9). While shooting 56% from the field on 5-9 himself is ideal production from a 4th-5th option.

One player cannot defend in isolation.
Frank working with Gobert is classic example of defensive tandem which was winning in NBA time and time again.
It can be Frank and Mitch in very similar ways.
The new Knicks roster in infinitely better for Frank game that what we had his first 2 years in NBA.
I expect him to average 20 min per game playing 1,2, and 3 from the bench.
This should be good enough to fully assess his game and define his role and future on the Knicks.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/12/2019  9:57 PM
Game is available on demand on the espn app. Was Thibs even awake?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/13/2019  8:48 AM
Frank looks just as good 3 yrs ago in the same FIBA tourny as he does today, aggressive, strong, with loads of potential.

But when he crosses those seas, it's a different frank, it's all about the system

ES
Nalod
USA
9/13/2019  9:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Frank looks just as good 3 yrs ago in the same FIBA tourny as he does today, aggressive, strong, with loads of potential.

But when he crosses those seas, it's a different frank, it's all about the system

Which is why you have posters here saying things like "two coaches in two years........" etc.
Which is why we all say he is young......
Which is why we don't condone giving up on him yet.
Which is why we want him to get more time to develop. YOu drew many conclusions previously.
as for the "system" a team that wins 17 games is not a system. Its a shyt show. When all was lost last year the "System" was let the kids play. They played hard. Fiz did not lose his team. Maybe if he put "System" a priority he might have lost them to frustration and self doubt. I dont' think its a good idea to do it year in and year out. My hope is as the teams players establish their identities you can then install roles, or as you say "system".
If you don't have faith in the FO or our "System" its understandable, but to draw conclusions that what was will always be is kind of close minded.
When Phil established his success in Chicago at that time he had his assistants and successful system he implemented. MDA has his system. Worked in PHX because he had the players. In NY he did not. In LA, they all broke. When he got to Houstan it came together in part because of Harden. MDA added Value to a talent base. Kerr added Value to the GSW talent base. Fiz does not have his talent base yet.

Last year he let Knox "run free". He let Trier do that too and it established his role. Trier is 23. Knox and the others way too young to be what they are to be. With an infusion of new players I expect a different look and process to this season.

Does that actually happen? We'll see. Draw conclusions? Not yet.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/13/2019  10:40 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

all I'm saying is that if Frank took over a game with the Knicks, he'd get smothered because no one else on the roster could make them pay. He was able to create largely becuase the other guys kept him honest. If you don't agree with that we have some very fundamental differences of opinion regarding basketabll

again, Frank looked great and I'm not arguing otherwise

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
9/13/2019  11:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Frank looks just as good 3 yrs ago in the same FIBA tourny as he does today, aggressive, strong, with loads of potential.

This would ignore the hard work he put in to improve his handle drastically over the last 2 seasons. Becoming better suited to handle ball pressure. Especially this off season. As well as changing his trainer and cleaning some of his mechanics. As well as his natural physical maturity to go with NBA level strength and conditioning.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/13/2019  11:41 AM
My theory is that he needs a bare minimum level of talent in his teammates before he can truly shine. If he's on a team of scrubs he's not that great. But on a good team he is a good cog, like 4th or 5th on the rotation. We have no one close to Rudy Gobert... Mitchell Robinson shows flashes but still lacks consistency (I think he can get there given time).
Rose is not the answer.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/13/2019  12:11 PM
Franks biggest problem is the dysfunctional franchise he's playing for..

I just feel like this is not the place for him to develop and grow, and now he is on a roster in where at least 5 guards are better than him (system wise)..if this was the 90"s knick team, he would be a blessing.

ES
newyorknewyork
9/13/2019  2:56 PM
wargames
Member: #6053

9/13/2019  7:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2019  7:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Franks biggest problem is the dysfunctional franchise he's playing for..

I just feel like this is not the place for him to develop and grow, and now he is on a roster in where at least 5 guards are better than him (system wise)..if this was the 90"s knick team, he would be a blessing.

I think the roster will be Dotson/Frank at SG. It could play 20 minutes each and be defensive nightmares to opposing guards for the whole game.

PG: Smith/Elfrid
SG: Dotson/Frank/Ellington
SF: RJ/Knox/Iggy
PF: Randle/Morris/Tag
Center: Mitch/Portis

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/13/2019  7:32 PM
wargames wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Franks biggest problem is the dysfunctional franchise he's playing for..

I think the roster will be Dotson/Frank at SG. It could play 20 minutes each and be defensive nightmares to opposing guards for the whole game.

You can't leave Zo out the rotation. I think any combination deserves a look besides an Elfrid/Frank pairing. Unless Frank's shooting improves from three an Elfrid pairing seems like a poor match. I think the same thing about a DSJ/Elfrid setup. We'll probably see a lot of three guard lineups becaus I doubt Morris can chase around the quicker wings in the league. I guess a lot depends on how Dot comes off rehab.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/13/2019  10:47 PM
I have no perception to any rotation. We didn’t sign Ellington to sit did we?
Dotson had shoulder surgery. Reggie Bullock at some point after Christmas?
we gonna trade for some 2nd or late 1st rounders?
I can see Dot starting, or released!!!!1
Frank don’t play a lick unless we extend him. If not his agent goes to work and gets him off the team to one that will. Can’t say I blame him.

Fiz can’t put the kids on short leashes either. He’ll ruin them.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/13/2019  11:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

You can't leave Zo out the rotation. I think any combination deserves a look besides an Elfrid/Frank pairing. Unless Frank's shooting improves from three an Elfrid pairing seems like a poor match. I think the same thing about a DSJ/Elfrid setup. We'll probably see a lot of three guard lineups becaus I doubt Morris can chase around the quicker wings in the league. I guess a lot depends on how Dot comes off rehab.

Zo definitely is in the rotation. He was incredibly efficient for rookie. I also think the Knicks see RJ and Knox as a part of their future core. I think RJ starts at the two with Morris/Knox getting most of the minutes at the three. Dot might get moved. He has a very trade able contract and a skill set teams want.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/14/2019  6:14 AM

You do tealize that the competition in the video is Under18.
This tourney in China has been the first time he pretty consistently delivered on pro level vs grown men!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/14/2019  10:02 AM
dodger78 wrote:

You do tealize that the competition in the video is Under18.
This tourney in China has been the first time he pretty consistently delivered on pro level vs grown men!

also first time Frank looked like more than a teenager to me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy