[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/5/2019  4:52 PM
Not sure how to watch the game but some of the Knick twitter regulars are tweeting good things about Frank.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/5/2019  6:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Not sure how to watch the game but some of the Knick twitter regulars are tweeting good things about Frank.

From the game thread they had on Reddit, it seems like Frank didn't look for his shot much. That said, the reports are that his handle looks better and he was way more aggressive driving into the lane and setting his teammates up. He also kept his dribble alive more frequently after crossing the halfcourt line and was more physical. It was only Turkey, but good signs.

https://www.fibalivestats.com/u/FFBB/1311112/bs.html

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/5/2019  6:46 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/cmbccy/frank/
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/5/2019  6:48 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/5/2019  6:54 PM
In fairness to Frank, his coach might have asked him to be mostly a facilitator. Didnt see any substantive change in the way Frank plays.

martin wrote:
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
8/6/2019  8:43 AM
that didn't look good ... he's gotta be way better than that... jeeze
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/6/2019  9:02 AM
anrst wrote:that didn't look good ... he's gotta be way better than that... jeeze

c'mon man (in joe biden voice )

court awareness, ball movement, finding the opening for someone to the basket, 6 assists in 15 minutes, hitting the free throws ( )

the individual O still sucked, but u want a heads-up facilitator who's also in every defensive play, u saw it there.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/6/2019  9:16 AM
Marv wrote:
anrst wrote:that didn't look good ... he's gotta be way better than that... jeeze

court awareness, ball movement, finding the opening for someone to the basket, 6 assists in 15 minutes, hitting the free throws ( )

the individual O still sucked, but u want a heads-up facilitator who's also in every defensive play, u saw it there.

did you watch the video? I'm not sure I saw anything from him in that 2 minutes that says he will be an NBA player at the end of the season.

The best bit of the video - the cute french brunette they cut to twice

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/6/2019  9:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  9:18 AM
Marv wrote:

But the O matters in the NBA, and he looks like a 10th man on any NBA roster.

Kid is a mid 2nd round pick at best,

It's hard to believe we picked him at 8, he really isn't better than any player in the 1st round that was picked after him in 2017.

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/6/2019  9:29 AM
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:

did you watch the video? I'm not sure I saw anything from him in that 2 minutes that says he will be an NBA player at the end of the season.

ah viva la france.

yes i did watch - i liked his playmaking a lot. he was finding them basket after basket. that's his strength - he can do it in the nba but he hasn't been consistent.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/6/2019  9:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  9:35 AM
I’m really disappointed in Frank. So many good players were picked behind him in the draft. He has a unique skill set but zero confidence in his abilities and wouldn’t dominant a high school game with his current mentality.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/6/2019  9:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:I’m really disappointed in Frank. So many good players were picked behind him in the draft. He has a unique skill set but zero confidence in his abilities and wouldn’t dominant a high school game with his current mentality.
He hasn't made a great case that he is extension worthy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/6/2019  10:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I’m really disappointed in Frank. So many good players were picked behind him in the draft. He has a unique skill set but zero confidence in his abilities and wouldn’t dominant a high school game with his current mentality.

If he wasn't pick so high, it wouldn't be a disappointment. He is supposed to be (at this point) a legit rotational player, probably even a starter..

I think he's better off overseas

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/6/2019  10:13 AM
Marv wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:

ah viva la france.

yes i did watch - i liked his playmaking a lot. he was finding them basket after basket. that's his strength - he can do it in the nba but he hasn't been consistent.

some ok plays - but against the Turkish national team. They may be good, but this isn't NBA level talent.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/6/2019  10:13 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If he wasn't pick so high, it wouldn't be a disappointment. He is supposed to be (at this point) a legit rotational player, probably even a starter..

I think he's better off overseas

This will be clear by the time we will need to decide on extension.
Not a big deal. Most of the picks are not working so he will be another one.
Its probability game. More you pick more probability to get value.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2019  11:47 AM
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:

ah viva la france.

some ok plays - but against the Turkish national team. They may be good, but this isn't NBA level talent.

Frank can absolutely pass. I really hope his shot falls at a decent rate. I dont think he needs to be overly aggressive except to keep guys honest. He's got so much of what this roster needs. I think we have some really nice scoring talent with guys like DSjr, Trier, Morris.. but we really need structure and while I am not sure Frank is ready to run an offense *today* he may not be that far off.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/6/2019  12:10 PM
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:

I love that french pout.

Marv is right though. His bball IQ is on full display. Ball doesn't stick. Dribbling is more controlled. He still needs to finish better and need to get that 3 going.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/6/2019  12:26 PM
Gobert and Batum on that team. Did they look "NBA worthy"?
He is held to a high standard because of his draft status. I get it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/6/2019  1:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  1:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:

I love that french pout.

Marv is right though. His bball IQ is on full display. Ball doesn't stick. Dribbling is more controlled. He still needs to finish better and need to get that 3 going.

Whatever. It wasn't that long ago that people were calling RJ crap after two summer league games. Now I hear some fans saying he will better than Zion. We're a reactionary fan reaching for something to grab in the summer. I wanted to see Frank knock down some threes, but I did see positives. He held his dribble longer and was more aggressive going to the paint. That assist to Rudy for the dunk was nice. I'm just going to enjoy this stretch of basketball before things go dark the next few months. Ohh, and the brunette can get it. Was she a player's or coaches wife? Im assuming the camera man I was just board with the game's slow pace and needed some visual stimulation.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/6/2019  2:05 PM
I think he looked solid enough - didn't embarrass himself on the floor, set up his teammates for some scrappy assists. (I think he had 6 total, leading the team)

Sort of like watching someone like Shaun Livingston coming off the bench with the Warriors. Played within himself and put in solid minutes off the bench.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy