[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

11/14 The Unisnake returns to MSG
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/4/2019  5:25 PM
Wow..all the hate for KP funny how things change.

The same ppl that are hating now were defending his every flaw...

How dear KP look at our front office like a complete joke

The audacity of him to question our losing culture, he should be happy to be in the NBA on a awful team..

All that man ever asked was to show progress, show him that your serious about winning, and for that he's labeled a DIVA,A snake..

Were sitting here with a pick-up game roster for the 6th straight season

ES
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

8/4/2019  9:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Wow..all the hate for KP funny how things change.

The audacity of him to question our losing culture, he should be happy to be in the NBA on a awful team..

All that man ever asked was to show progress, show him that your serious about winning, and for that he's labeled a DIVA,A snake..

He has every right to question if he actually accomplished something. Otherwise yes he is being a diva or at least allowing his brother to make him into one.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/4/2019  10:40 PM
Not sure why he did not see himself as part of the solution. That players would not want to play with him.
That he could not help develop the yoot.
He had to keys to the franchise. My take is he got hurt but wanted to be treated and a paid like a max player.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/4/2019  11:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2019  11:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Was OK with KP skipping the exit meeting. Phil was that bad. The tweets were embarassing, and that was just the beginning. Where he lost me was when he was backseat driving from the bench,with a season ending injury. Stars, and rising stars have some diva in them, but this went beyond that.

Its like the guy who watches a pick up game and talks trash. Who isnt close to getting on the court and backing it up. Not woke enough. Maybe Porzingis will figure things out in Dallas, dont care.

Latvia is little provincial country.
The mentality of the title nation is a bit... entitled.
The oppression by Russians, Germans, Swedes, and others left a mark of revenge.
Being tall makes you look at other people down.
We are not like this in Big Apple. We run from this.
May be he will fit nicely in Texas.

Dont believe its about nationality. Latvia looks like a nice country. Believe its more about KP's brother, and his need to be a "Stage Mom".

It is always wrong to generalize.
There are nice people and not so nice people in every country.
But specific cultural tendencies are always profound.
In US the race issues are in the forefront.
In Europe nationalism is the name of the game.
Especially in the countries which were occupied and local majority nation was mass-prosecuted.
This is sad reality for many nations in Europe Latvia included.
Think about more that thousand years of war, genocides, destruction, and bloodshed.
The migrants who think that they can find piece and security in Europe now facing the sad reality of nationalism almost everywhere they go.
And countries in East Europe even refuse to take them to not deal with backslash and need to protect foreigners from angry mobs.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/5/2019  11:00 AM
NYKBocker wrote:How many "Janis Sucks!" chants will we hear?

I personally prefer 'JAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS', sang in the key of 'CHERRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLL'

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
MS
Member: #724
8/5/2019  2:43 PM
I don't understand the venom towards KP.

He came here and all he wanted to do was play ball. The GM was pubically attacking the star on the team and putting him in the middle asking him to choose. Choose the organization or alienate himself in the locker room? you're a 21 year from Latvia playing in NYC and this is what you're dealing with. You want to practice, but there is no one to work with you or let you in the gym.

So what if you skip an exit interview. The place is run like a clown car. Are we in a better position because we have Dennis Smith and two draft picks? No we are not. We caved and folded.

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/5/2019  3:08 PM
MS wrote:I don't understand the venom towards KP.

He came here and all he wanted to do was play ball. The GM was pubically attacking the star on the team and putting him in the middle asking him to choose. Choose the organization or alienate himself in the locker room? you're a 21 year from Latvia playing in NYC and this is what you're dealing with. You want to practice, but there is no one to work with you or let you in the gym.

So what if you skip an exit interview. The place is run like a clown car. Are we in a better position because we have Dennis Smith and two draft picks? No we are not. We caved and folded.

I just find him an unlikeable guy, to be honest. Also the way he has a sense of entitlement- he hasn’t accomplished anything to warrant it.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/5/2019  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2019  3:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I just find him an unlikeable guy, to be honest. Also the way he has a sense of entitlement- he hasn’t accomplished anything to warrant it.

The problem I have is that, there is always 2 sides to a story, you only heard the knicks FO side and you running with it.

Think about this, under the last 4 regimes (12+yrs) prior to Phill and Mills, not a single knick player requested a trade (except for marburyand that was because MDA benched him)yet your quick to side with the FO even though a different player is requesting a trade every season..

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/5/2019  4:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The problem I have is that, there is always 2 sides to a story, you only heard the knicks FO side and you running with it.

Think about this, under the last 4 regimes (12+yrs) prior to Phill and Mills, not a single knick player requested a trade (except for marburyand that was because MDA benched him)yet your quick to side with the FO even though a different player is requesting a trade every season..

lol comical. get in the truck bury anucha "black bitch" browne sanders...like really? list is much longer than those 2 events.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
8/14/2019  3:16 PM
I think KP drops 30+ that night and take big W for Mavs. Its reality!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/14/2019  4:35 PM

KP's "problem" with the Knicks culture was (1)that they didn't want to give his brother more power within the organizaton(Like what Mavs were willing to do, and what Clippers did for Kwahi's people). (2) They told him to wait out on him getting his max contract so they can attempt to sign other superatars.

KP missed half the previous year and all of this past season with injury. This had nothing to do with him being upset with how the Knicks were being run other than a power play for his own self interest.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
8/14/2019  4:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Wow..all the hate for KP funny how things change.

Would you have allowed KP's brother more power within the org? Would you have extended KP before free agency?

arkrud
USA
8/14/2019  7:18 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

KP's "problem" with the Knicks culture was (1)that they didn't want to give his brother more power within the organizaton(Like what Mavs were willing to do, and what Clippers did for Kwahi's people). (2) They told him to wait out on him getting his max contract so they can attempt to sign other superatars.

KP missed half the previous year and all of this past season with injury. This had nothing to do with him being upset with how the Knicks were being run other than a power play for his own self interest.

He looks more and more like Drago... NY is Rambo land.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/kristaps-porzingis-boasting-jacked-arms-ahead-of-nba-return/

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/14/2019  7:24 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Well said. I will never forget Rick Carlisle taking time out to 'thank' Janis during the press conference introducing KP.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

8/14/2019  10:11 PM
Boo his boney ass.
Nalod
USA
8/15/2019  8:56 AM
I dont care about Janis if KP was the GodZingis we had hoped.
Its what’s on the court that matters and unless Janis was impacting roster.
Was he starting to apply leverage to be the teams Lebron like GM? I don’t know. Never read any of that.
Mav’s had to be nice to the Porzingis brothers to extend him otherwise the trade is a disaster. They had leverage.
End of the day is can he stay on the court? Not Janis, Kristaps1
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

8/16/2019  1:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2019  1:38 PM
Nalod wrote:Not sure why he did not see himself as part of the solution. That players would not want to play with him.
That he could not help develop the yoot.
He had to keys to the franchise. My take is he got hurt but wanted to be treated and a paid like a max player.

He was not getting offered the extension.
He saw the Knicks were going to rebuild for another 3 years, and did not want to waste 3 years rebuilding.
He had the Knicks in a playoff hunt, and in all star form before the ACL injury, the first drafted all star big man we had since Ewing. He was not even the same age as Ewing in his rookie year.
Despite this, the Knicks seemed to want to keep re-building with tanking strategy, and it got them nowhere. They did not land Zion. They did not land Anthony Davis. They got yet another good player in the making in RJ.

I do agree he has diva qualities. But he seemed to sign with Dallas pretty fast. Dallas is also a rebuilding team. Difference is Dallas has a young player that they think can lead them with KP, and they also are full in on KP and Luka. The Knicks to me seemed uncertain if they wanted to build a team around KP now and try to win right away (at least make the playoffs) or tank for a few years. When you do not offer a 3rd year all-star the extension he deserves and market calls for and you are looking at tanking, it does not send an impending FA any kind of message that you are sold you can win around him. Who knows maybe the Knicks were right and KP will be injury plagued all his career and they will look smart for not giving him the extension. But this all could have been avoided by simply giving KP an extension like all-star third year players get, and also by not tanking last year. From what I have heard and read, and from what Dolan did with KD in free agency, I think the Knicks are planning to be bad for a while, and were not sold on giving Porzingis 150M when he was injured. Which is fine, it is their opinion. Clearly Dallas has a different opinion.

arkrud
USA
8/16/2019  1:52 PM
One supper-star cannot carry NBA team to the chip.
At least 2 supper-stars are require for contention.
NY had nothing but KP and it was uncertain if his presence will convince top FAs to come.
When he went down it became clear to everyone but most of Knicks fans that no one is coming.
KP camp was aware for sure.
Dallas was already in a possession of rising supper-star with matching to KP time-frame and position.
So both KP and Dallas obviously vent for sure thing.
It was no other team with desire and assets to take on KP in current consequences.
I think all parties done the best they can do at a moment.
Who will win or lose at the end will be possibly known years from now.
But who cares about what it will be. There is no practical use on regretting the trade or fear about consequences.
The train left the station.

newyorknewyork
8/17/2019  9:12 AM
Dude has been a pro for 4 years and missed the last 1.5 years of that with his past injury. He shouldn't be demanding trades, he shouldn't expecting other superstars.

He has only played 48 games under Perry and didn't play any games for Fizz. This narrative that the FO has been did him wrong, or failed him in anyway is nonsense.

Knicks had the best odds for the #1 pick and tons of cap space to go with a couple of other prospects already on the roster. Lets not act like they had no route to improve. They could have practically made the same moves minus Randle and Knick would be considered a playoff team with a healthy KP right now.

Barrett and KP could have been a real nice duo of the future. Then there is Mitch!

West is also way harder than the East. Looking forward to the lotto pick in 2021 Mavs gonna give us.

Nalod
USA
8/17/2019  1:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Dude has been a pro for 4 years and missed the last 1.5 years of that with his past injury. He shouldn't be demanding trades, he shouldn't expecting other superstars.

He has only played 48 games under Perry and didn't play any games for Fizz. This narrative that the FO has been did him wrong, or failed him in anyway is nonsense.

Knicks had the best odds for the #1 pick and tons of cap space to go with a couple of other prospects already on the roster. Lets not act like they had no route to improve. They could have practically made the same moves minus Randle and Knick would be considered a playoff team with a healthy KP right now.

Barrett and KP could have been a real nice duo of the future. Then there is Mitch!

West is also way harder than the East. Looking forward to the lotto pick in 2021 Mavs gonna give us.

Best odds for landing Zion was 14.5%. That's 84.% odds against. I Fans anger dilutes this statistic. If the plan was "Top three", then we succeeded. Fact is we beat the odds. To say we "dropped" and how stupid tanking was then one really has to look at the fact were were only assured top 5 pick. That's it.

As for the KP's He has been in the league 3 full seasons and missed about half the games. Im not a pro scout nor can properly evaluate beyond what I saw. A kid with great skill and potential but a body that has not proven to hold up. He was wanted $158mm and would have missed 20 months. He has proven to not be a reliable face of the franchise or the desire to see him self as the core to build on. If he sees the knicks as not having a past of building then he is projecting on hindsight. If he sees knicks are fundamentally building on more traditional decisions and can make trades in time but has no confidence then I understand. Time for all to move on. Its unfortunate. Dallas was not his choice. He does have a solid rookie Luka to build with and he should feel good about. That an owner who was willing to bank on him. At the ;end of the day Janis don't play nor does Dolan step on the court. Mills/Perry/Fiz are on the clock now a year. That's my clock as a fan. President hires his GM, then hires his coach. Fair or not, I don't consider Mills first tenure with Isiah viable. I don't consider his tenure under Phil. PHil had all the responsibility. When Phil was shown the door, its on Mills. I thought him and Perry had a really tough decision to make with KP and was pragmatic about it. The logic was solid. Hindsight will tell the full story over time. One has to always consider who was in the room when the decision was made and what was the cards on the table at that very moment. What deal was being offered, KP's health, his leverage and that of the team. All that without the clarity of hindsight. Its a tough business.

11/14 The Unisnake returns to MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy