[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Like NYK youth & Patience: I've still got a Steve Mills prob. in big picture of future success
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

8/1/2019  11:42 PM
Steve Mills Knicks president on his 2nd Knick stint never really went away too far
from MSG sports operations and Knicks, back for recent seasons as President.

However I won't yet trust outcomes of team, despite the patience we'd need as Knicks Fans.
Recall Steve Mills & owner JJDolan are good friends & this and that.

I don't feel thats a "Good" formula for change and having NBA talent free agents want to
come to NY and be part of change to improve Knicks to contending seriously status.

Steve Mills, seems like a nice quiet guy and been around sports NBA a long time.
Mills his record in those roles is 163-329, the worst six-season stretch in NYK franchise history

Mills is preaching patience however I feel Mills number #1 job is to Please owner Jim Dolan, period.

I'm find with waiting a bit, developing Youth and getting better hopefully through experience
and drafting.

Primary issue I'll have is failures in bringing in allstar Or superstar to Knickerbockers to go
along with rebuilding earning respect and wins!. TOO many years too many excuses and too many
CON's jobs and too many years of NBA best not ever wanting to come $ to Knickerbocker teams.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/2/2019  8:30 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:Steve Mills Knicks president on his 2nd Knick stint never really went away too far

However I won't yet trust outcomes of team, despite the patience we'd need as Knicks Fans.

I don't feel thats a "Good" formula for change and having NBA talent free agents want to
come to NY and be part of change to improve Knicks to contending seriously status.

Steve Mills, seems like a nice quiet guy and been around sports NBA a long time.
Mills his record in those roles is 163-329, the worst six-season stretch in NYK franchise history

Mills is preaching patience however I feel Mills number #1 job is to Please owner Jim Dolan, period.

I'm find with waiting a bit, developing Youth and getting better hopefully through experience
and drafting.

Primary issue I'll have is failures in bringing in allstar Or superstar to Knickerbockers to go
along with rebuilding earning respect and wins!. TOO many years too many excuses and too many
CON's jobs and too many years of NBA best not ever wanting to come $ to Knickerbocker teams.

Agree that Mills is part of the change that should have occurred as he and Dolan were a BIG part of the problem. However, the biggest change will come in WINNING. Inece we have a little bit of that, players will be more likely to want to come here. Winning solves everything.
Always said Mills is an Ivy League corporate spider. A yes man to Dolan. His only goal is to survive and get his golden parachute. However maybe just maybe, he is finally realizing that the way to get that is by building a young winning team and repairing the bad perception. Think Perry is helping with that.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2019  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/2/2019  12:25 PM

IN my opinion by his actions Dolan had had trust issues with Checketts successors. Grunfeld did a really good job but Dolan chose Ewing over Nelson. JVG was Ewings guy. JVG and Grunfeld were at conflict. Grunfeld wanted uptempo and Jeff was not down with that. Surprise run to 1999 finals kicked in a 2 year big money extension to JVG. It was not expected and JVG was gonna get canned. Instead Dolan fired Grunfeld. He hires Layden and underminded him when possible and thus he hires Isiah who he trusted. Mills is MSG exec in the Isiah stink and has to deal with the Anucha mess. Dolan does everything wrong. I suspect Mills eventually earned Dolans respect and trust in this time. Either by being a "Yes man" or actually providing an opinion that Dolan did not adhere to. Dolan did not trust Walsh or Grunwald. He brings Mills back after league was going to hire MIlls but then starphuchs with Phil.

Since Phil left has Mills done anything egregiously wrong to warrant that he fully be responsible for years of mismanagement? Im not giving him credit for doing anything worthy of a miracle but this organization is being run like it has not been in the Dolan era. Other than Hardaway, which was really not a franchise killer what Has mills/perry done fundamentally that was so god awful bad? The baggage before he took over is not applicable given the role he had. PHil was totally in charge.

Its possible as long as dolan still holds the deed to the team we might never make a string of organizational decisions in length to create a contending franchise.
As bad as our record was last year there was more than meets the eye in terms of future development. This franchise has not earned the benefit of the doubt so media slant might be warranted.

Mills is an knick employee. I get why he is not to be trusted quite yet. He has done all the right things but has not done anything proven. I get it. Im not delusional. But at the same time im not going to blame him as the architect of the last 20 years.

DJMUSIC

8/2/2019  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/2/2019  5:22 PM
Nalod wrote:
IN my opinion by his actions Dolan had had trust issues with Checketts successors. Grunfeld did a really good job but Dolan chose Ewing over Nelson. JVG was Ewings guy. JVG and Grunfeld were at conflict. Grunfeld wanted uptempo and Jeff was not down with that. Surprise run to 1999 finals kicked in a 2 year big money extension to JVG. It was not expected and JVG was gonna get canned. Instead Dolan fired Grunfeld. He hires Layden and underminded him when possible and thus he hires Isiah who he trusted. Mills is MSG exec in the Isiah stink and has to deal with the Anucha mess. Dolan does everything wrong. I suspect Mills eventually earned Dolans respect and trust in this time. Either by being a "Yes man" or actually providing an opinion that Dolan did not adhere to. Dolan did not trust Walsh or Grunwald. He brings Mills back after league was going to hire MIlls but then starphuchs with Phil.

Since Phil left has Mills done anything egregiously wrong to warrant that he fully be responsible for years of mismanagement? Im not giving him credit for doing anything worthy of a miracle but this organization is being run like it has not been in the Dolan era. Other than Hardaway, which was really not a franchise killer what Has mills/perry done fundamentally that was so god awful bad? The baggage before he took over is not applicable given the role he had. PHil was totally in charge.

Its possible as long as dolan still holds the deed to the team we might never make a string of organizational decisions in length to create a contending franchise.
As bad as our record was last year there was more than meets the eye in terms of future dev elopment. This franchise has not earned the benefit of the doubt so media slant might be warranted.

Mills is an knick employee. I get why he is not to be trusted quite yet. He has done all the right things but has not done anything proven. I get it. Im not delusional. But at the same time im not going to blame him as the architect of the last 20 years.

<<<But at the same time im not going to blame him as the architect of the last 20 years.
>>>

Very Well said ! Nalod... and also same for HofstraBBall point on Mills.

My worries The Knicks & WE KNICKS FANS are in a rut!
Long long time since NBA had winners or playoffs success from our Knick team.

Consensus in League currrent or older players, new players is that NO ONE NEEDs NY or has to come to play for the Knicks
based on Circus Owner JJDolan created. IT ain't 100% Dolan fault either, he knows NO basketball.

However back to my point of very good Players OR STARs wanting to come to NY Knickerbockerland

I Do not see the players coming here because of Steve Mills OR his resume of Non-success. Mills don't even have a Good Hoops resume
as player Or any experiences positive with HS, College hoops or part of a "Winning" establishment.

Simply said if we must depend on BETTER or the BEST cream of crop, few stars to ever want to come join Knickerbockers
os be in NewYork, We ain't going to see that easy cause of Steve Mills and James Dolan. These names do not excite
prospects of New York Success.

If I was a NBA hopeful stud or great college player I would not want to come to Knicks cause I'm sure many never even
Know whom James Dolan Or Steve Mills is. Steve Mills is in tough position I don't think he can attract BEST FA (free agents)
It didn't work with Bigger names like Phil Jackson And other than Knicks sell out OR Neither Mills OR Dolan is signing checks
of Knickerbocker basketball business, we're gonna be here another several yrs. to 5 yrs? waiting for a winnner.

We can't build cause we won't fess up the wrong people Are on top of this Knickebocker franchise organization for way way to long,
it all ending in very bad story for Knicks success going forward and getting right players into New York period.
(*soley my opinion)

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/3/2019  3:24 PM
Nalod wrote:

As bad as our record was last year there was more than meets the eye in terms of future development. This franchise has not earned the benefit of the doubt so media slant might be warranted.

He gave Hardaway Jr an awful contract forcing us to take a less than stellar return for Porzingis. We probably get another first rounder without Hardaway Jr. SO yeah he has made mistakes. The guy gave Ron Baker the meme maker 8 million dollars. Thats frickin awful

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
8/3/2019  4:24 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He gave Hardaway Jr an awful contract forcing us to take a less than stellar return for Porzingis. We probably get another first rounder without Hardaway Jr. SO yeah he has made mistakes. The guy gave Ron Baker the meme maker 8 million dollars. Thats frickin awful

Sure. Look up hardaways statistics and his salary among peers. not god awful. Baker made 4mm a year. Get over it, its not like that prevented anyone from being here. Follow other teams, even good ones and they pay up for avg. player. Teams always have regrettable contracts. Mills was not great, but Hardaways contract was not a franchise killer. Not even close. This team has been plucked for years.
Also look at what happened, Phil got bounced and we needed a young player like Hardaway to pair with KP asap. when both were healthy it was not bad. Team was .500 for a stretch and Hardaway needed th chill out and let the game come to him.

IM here to promote Mills as a god send, but what this team is doing NOW is what matters most. WTF anyway, look for reasons to be HOPEFUL or pull out history to be be otherwise? IM not selling you a rose future other than recognition there has been a notable change in philosophy. KP was a drafted all star to build on. He Proved otherwise. It set us back. Mills did not break him. Fate did.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/3/2019  9:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2019  9:43 PM
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Sure. Look up hardaways statistics and his salary among peers. not god awful. Baker made 4mm a year. Get over it, its not like that prevented anyone from being here. Follow other teams, even good ones and they pay up for avg. player. Teams always have regrettable contracts. Mills was not great, but Hardaways contract was not a franchise killer. Not even close. This team has been plucked for years.
Also look at what happened, Phil got bounced and we needed a young player like Hardaway to pair with KP asap. when both were healthy it was not bad. Team was .500 for a stretch and Hardaway needed th chill out and let the game come to him.

IM here to promote Mills as a god send, but what this team is doing NOW is what matters most. WTF anyway, look for reasons to be HOPEFUL or pull out history to be be otherwise? IM not selling you a rose future other than recognition there has been a notable change in philosophy. KP was a drafted all star to build on. He Proved otherwise. It set us back. Mills did not break him. Fate did.

Beggars cannot be choosers.
Knicks franchise was burned to the core.
After Phils departure and subsequent Porzingis fiasco the club reached the bottom.
Even Dolan realized there is nothing left in the Garden.
The current FO get an opportunity to demolish the rotten rat an bead bugs infested building and build from scratch.
They just started the demolition and planning. Why any NBA best citizens will come to leave in the tents and wait for the house to be build?
The Knicks fandom our days is for those who like to watch the house build not for those who like to enjoy celebrations around the pool.
The time for fair weather fans is far-far away.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
8/4/2019  11:53 AM
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Hardaway was a minus player. Bad for the locker room, sulked on the court. His stats point to a inefficient chucker type. Shot at or below 40% for his tenure here. Played zero defense. Definitely a very poor value for 17 million/year even compared to his peers.
Nalod
USA
8/4/2019  3:55 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Hardaway was a minus player. Bad for the locker room, sulked on the court. His stats point to a inefficient chucker type. Shot at or below 40% for his tenure here. Played zero defense. Definitely a very poor value for 17 million/year even compared to his peers.

When KP was out, he became our no. 1 option. HE was not that. His stats were never good because of his role. He forced too much, had to be vocal leader. He was not ready. He broke too.
Its not just black and white stats, the team was not there.
Also, you over pay on a player YOU HOPE will get better.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/6/2019  1:37 PM
They overpaid for a "Hey, Fuck you Phil!" move. Hardaway amounted to nothing more than that.

Perry comes in and removes everything from the Phil regime, short of all the nice draft picks he inherited. And Frank, which probably will be the next and last part of the purge.

Nalod
USA
8/6/2019  4:23 PM
Phil tried to do a short build with Melo adding Noah and Rose. All the while adding yoot. Add KP there.
Good idea badly executed. Hindsight tells us that. but what was the intent? Make the playoffs and build a triangle culture.
There was a plan, it did not work.
Was it a good idea? Three years removed from a chip and wants to install his culture? Seemed reasonable at the time. Rose eventually did come around a bit but Noah was a disaster! Melo we all know what happened.
Did mills stab phil in the back? If he did what did happen? The big reboot. Phil tried to rebuild "While still occupied". Problem is the foundation was cracked and the walls had mold. Had to strip it down to the studs. KP did not hold up to what we had hoped he'd be. He asked and asked while not providing a solid foundation to pay him on. This kid goes on a 5 year tear we'll feel awful.

Mills rebooted. It sucks. Find hope and enjoyment where you can.

DJMUSIC

8/6/2019  7:09 PM
Recall the Steve Mills chronicles,
This man was one whom hired Isiah Zeke Thomas
Disastrous regime.

Yea yea ...I know Jim Dolan had to approve
My point is your/Our knicks had Zeke, Dolan
And Mills with proven record crime nothing
Good ever came out of it!

Mills in picture cannot possibly be any hope
Or faith he'll get this thing right, for nyk
Success.

Just an opinion, I dont know the answers but
Dolan isn't going nowhere neither is Mills.

Reason why Knicks are not in any good
Talks in past, present and future of FA's
Or deals/trades ever coming to NY.

NY isn't a landing spot just because we good
Fans here in city want a winner.

Until we win, or have stars or pieces to be
Talk in NBA, WE are irrelevant
.... until RJ comes of age (as star) and/or
Gets some help.

Tired of being irrelevant knicks though I
Like fact we got draft picks in few yrs.
Upcoming.

So we wait, pray and we'll see.

Nalod
USA
8/6/2019  10:52 PM
Research it. Mills did not hire Isiah.
DJMUSIC

8/7/2019  1:29 AM
Nalod wrote:Research it. Mills did not hire Isiah.

Steve Mills let go, after several years & after the hires of Zeke Thomas
And Anuch Brown Sanders controversy embarrassment by Zeke Thomas.

May 7 2009,S.Mills leaving MSG
https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4150154

Nalod
USA
8/7/2019  11:44 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:

Good find and no doubt the words say it. As MSG president Mills would have hired Isiah but what I would dispute is if Dolan told him to.
The President does what the chairman tells you to. Did Mills encourage Dolan to fight Isiah's Anucha implications and eventual trail?
Did Mills recommend Isiah be fired? Mills was let go after the Anucha payout. Isiah was extended.
Was it Mills idea? And at what point does a mistake get corrected.

Did Mills hire Phil? nope. Did Mills actually hire Isiah? My take is Dolan hires these people.
My faith is not in Mills but in the process of what knicks are doing. Not starphuching FO, not starphuching players.
Im not proposing we make the playoffs this year. My hope is we win 30 games and our core youth progresses.

I fully do not expect every draft pick to. The obvious outlier is Frank. No team in memory hits all their picks. Even high lottery. If we wiff on frank but hit on Mitch its why Im a proponent on keeping picks. Im not unique. Knox and Mitch have huge upside. RJ too.

Look at anyteam's draft history and you find "Mistakes". Easy to have faith when things have a good history. This one is a fundamental leap.
Isiah was a disaster. Does not mean Mills will be. My timeline started when phil was shown the door.

Its all I got.

DJMUSIC

8/11/2019  3:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

Good find and no doubt the words say it. As MSG president Mills would have hired Isiah but what I would dispute is if Dolan told him to.
The President does what the chairman tells you to. Did Mills encourage Dolan to fight Isiah's Anucha implications and eventual trail?
Did Mills recommend Isiah be fired? Mills was let go after the Anucha payout. Isiah was extended.
Was it Mills idea? And at what point does a mistake get corrected.

Did Mills hire Phil? nope. Did Mills actually hire Isiah? My take is Dolan hires these people.
My faith is not in Mills but in the process of what knicks are doing. Not starphuching FO, not starphuching players.
Im not proposing we make the playoffs this year. My hope is we win 30 games and our core youth progresses.

I fully do not expect every draft pick to. The obvious outlier is Frank. No team in memory hits all their picks. Even high lottery. If we wiff on frank but hit on Mitch its why Im a proponent on keeping picks. Im not unique. Knox and Mitch have huge upside. RJ too.

Look at anyteam's draft history and you find "Mistakes". Easy to have faith when things have a good history. This one is a fundamental leap.
Isiah was a disaster. Does not mean Mills will be. My timeline started when phil was shown the door.

Its all I got.

I hear ya, Nalod
We will see. Mills will be on spotlight.. not Dolan

Nalod
USA
8/11/2019  7:37 AM
Knicks are a ****ty franchise for years now. The Media sells us that NY is important and players should want to be here. Thats not real. We buy into this. We were sold that Durant was to come here. That his agent was a knick fan and his good friend Royal Ivy was a coach. Treir and him were tight texting each other at times.
Nets are a good franchise now. LOok back on the comments by fans on how irrelevant the nets are and players won’t go there. Uncle Nalod told y’all Nets practice not he river and players can live and stay in the city. Also that its up for grabs to be king in NY. Celebrity gone to KNicks games. Russian gangsters and deli owners go to Net games? What was is not what is going forward.
Durant was a bigstar in Oklahoma Fooking City, and stars need not to be here. Knicks have no momentum and need to Grow stars. They won’t come until its turned around. Nets did theirs all under our noses. Joe Harris types. Sneaky good. IF Dolan continues his foolishness team will never amount to anything fun to watch. KP was good thing gone bad. Melo was a starphuch that for many reasons could not be momentum building.
My issues is not my devote faith in Mills but what he does. He is dong things different than others before. He is an executive not a player. Dolan on the other hand is an issue.
Talent is what matters and how talent is obtained. If nobody will come here then we need to grow our own. IN the past we did not have the picks or a process. Seems like we identified a need and actually do something about it.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/11/2019  12:22 PM
yea fabulous. go nets. so glad they have a 31-year old with a blown-out achilles and a lockerroom cancer diva at premium prices while we have a growing young crew with great flexibility and draft picks going forward.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/11/2019  2:52 PM
Marv wrote:yea fabulous. go nets. so glad they have a 31-year old with a blown-out achilles and a lockerroom cancer diva at premium prices while we have a growing young crew with great flexibility and draft picks going forward.
This. The Nets lost a lot of high character guys this offseason. Carroll, RHJ, Davis, Napier, Dudley and a core piece in DLo. I don’t think they get back to 42 wins. Kyrie and Dinwidie are a big part of next year’s team. Kyrie has been a horrible locker room guy. with first two teams. Dinwiddie sabotaged DLo. I don’t think things workout like the Nets are hoping. At best they might get a 48 win season out of KD and Kyrie two or three years from now. KD’s injury changed everything.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/12/2019  10:48 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Steve Mills Knicks president on his 2nd Knick stint never really went away too far

and drafting.

Agree that Mills is part of the change that should have occurred as he and Dolan were a BIG part of the problem. However, the biggest change will come in WINNING. Inece we have a little bit of that, players will be more likely to want to come here. Winning solves everything.
Always said Mills is an Ivy League corporate spider. A yes man to Dolan. His only goal is to survive and get his golden parachute. However maybe just maybe, he is finally realizing that the way to get that is by building a young winning team and repairing the bad perception. Think Perry is helping with that.

I 100% agree.

I just don't think you can start winning with a bunch of rental players.

I think the one shot you have at winning with this group is putting in system that absolutely caters to everyone's skill set, and Identifying roles from Day 1.

We have a roster right now where the talent level is almost even from 1 to 12, and we have a lot of guys willing to go 1 on 5 to try prove themselves.

ES
Like NYK youth & Patience: I've still got a Steve Mills prob. in big picture of future success

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy