knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/26/2019  10:32 AM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Time to bring in YouTubeKnox!
Only show the shots that fall! Maybe a comparison vid that shows he shoots just like Jerry West!
Chills...

Right now, he's Frankie 2 minus the injuries. He's insanely young, overplayed, with a coach and FO that are feeling their way out of their inherited ZenMaster nightmare. Numbers don't completely lie over the course of an entire season.

Don't take this like I'm not going all rainman on you, Nalod. I agree, give the kid some time to grow into those shoes and let his skull finish fusing.

Did they?

last i checked one player remains from phils 2 yrs as president,(frank).

Ya'll make it seem like phil saddle the knicks with an Isaiah Type situation (5 or six horrendous contracts).

Like I said last season, the minute they let Knox have free reign he was already developing bad habits, which has carried over to this yrs SL it...IMO he was a 2nd yr player that should have dominated SL, which was one of the reason we were picked to win the tournament..

For the next 4 seasons he will get the AGE excuse, so it really doesn't matter what he does

As of right now, right? Plus Noah.

But when Perry took over he had Lee, Noah, Melo, and a disgruntled KP to handle. We have a level understanding of this right?

Perry and mills job was a lot easier then when walsh took over. He had to deal with penny's bloated contract, Eddy Curry, the MDA/Murbury fued, zach, Jamal, Q rich, jerome james( he actually found a trade for JJ), contracts...he was able to clean that up in a yr and half without waiving anyone accept marbury (who was in the last yr of his contract) we had some of the worst contracts in the history of the NBA at the time.

This FO just eats contracts for breakfast, and will take 6 mill of our cap for the next 3 yrs for Noah..who only had 2 yr's left, they couldn't even negotiate a buyout.

The difference is EXPERIENCE, WALSH HAD PLENTY, mills has none...

That's my problem with DOLAN, since walsh and grunwald, he has hired very in experience ppl, who turn around and hire in experience coaches(Fisher, JH, fizdale)

At the pace they are trying to figure it out, we will be bad for a very long time..

are you forgetting that dolan only hired donnie because he was forced to by the league?

and then of course he wouldn't let him do his job by taking the melo trade out of his hands and unilaterally giving up the farm which donnie specifically was not willing to do. i always have wished that donnie quit immediately after that trade was announced.

Dolan shut down the KD free agency, he's always going to stick he's 2% in on any big signings or trades, thats never going to change.

Walsh said a numerous occasions that he wouldn't have gave up so much for Melo if it weren't for Dolan.

I T would have lasted even longer if it weren't for the sexual harassment case(meaning it had nothing to do with his win loss record, and fck'd up roster)

But this is how DOLAN is, he's loyal as hell to his friends no matter how bad of job they do, thats the scary part

ES
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/26/2019  10:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:Judging a player this young and raw by his performance in his first year is just ridiculous- if the Knicks had drafted Jermaine O'Neal back in the day, fans would be screaming to trade him after his rookie season. Zero patience.

they ended up trading him in his 3rd season, but that was only because they had Rasheed, pippen, sabonis, and a couple of other bigs

ES
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/26/2019  12:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Judging a player this young and raw by his performance in his first year is just ridiculous- if the Knicks had drafted Jermaine O'Neal back in the day, fans would be screaming to trade him after his rookie season. Zero patience.

they ended up trading him in his 3rd season, but that was only because they had Rasheed, pippen, sabonis, and a couple of other bigs

To be fair, he took a long time to get going (can't remember if it was his 4th or 5th season when he started cooking), hard to see players getting that length of time to prove themselves these days, unfortunately- definitely wouldn't happen with the Knicks!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2019  1:47 PM
Knicks1248, how did dolan shut down the KD free agency?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/26/2019  3:48 PM
Nalod wrote:Knicks1248, how did dolan shut down the KD free agency?

He requested KP to listen to Straight Shot music instead of Hip-Hop... This was it for KP... He could not take it any more.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/26/2019  7:01 PM
There's an alternate universe out there where our 2019-2020 starting lineup would look like:

Mitchell Robinson
KP
Knox
THJr
Barrett

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/26/2019  7:12 PM
technomaster wrote:There's an alternate universe out there where our 2019-2020 starting lineup would look like:

Mitchell Robinson
KP
Knox
THJr
Barrett

Close. Start frank at guard and bring thj off the bench.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/27/2019  2:54 AM
He showed vast improvement in the summer league...I have faith. and he just got a fire lit under his butt with the forward signings portis, randle, gibson, bullock
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
wargames
Member: #6053

7/27/2019  12:02 PM
No one will say it but man outside of Doncic KP would have better people around him in NYC.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/27/2019  12:26 PM
Not predicting anything, but I wouldn't pencil in Morris as starting over Knox just yet. Knox might play well enough going into the season to remain a starter.
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

7/27/2019  1:30 PM
technomaster wrote:There's an alternate universe out there where our 2019-2020 starting lineup would look like:

Mitchell Robinson
KP
Knox
THJr
Barrett

and that team would top out at 25-32 wins with porzingis playing half the time and being "tired" the games he does play while knox and thjr would be battling for shots and barret would be shooting 4 for 13 or something like that.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/27/2019  5:10 PM
Hard to start Knox if his defensive intensity and consistency doesn't improve, but I think it depends on the lineup Fizdales wants on the floor.

I assume Randle and Mitch are penciled in as starters. If you also want to start Smith, Barrett, and Knox you'll have some major defensive issues. I don't think you can start more than two of those guys in a lineup at this point, if Randle is also in that lineup.

Knox is still a baby. I think Gibson and Morris will be a good influence on his consistency and D.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2019  5:48 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:Hard to start Knox if his defensive intensity and consistency doesn't improve, but I think it depends on the lineup Fizdales wants on the floor.

I assume Randle and Mitch are penciled in as starters. If you also want to start Smith, Barrett, and Knox you'll have some major defensive issues. I don't think you can start more than two of those guys in a lineup at this point, if Randle is also in that lineup.

Knox is still a baby. I think Gibson and Morris will be a good influence on his consistency and D.

I think Morris is the starter but is moved by the deadline unless the Knicks are in the playoff hunt. Also if he is a Fiz favorite the front office may not move him. It will be interesting to see who the captains are this year. My guess would be Taj and Morris.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/27/2019  7:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:Hard to start Knox if his defensive intensity and consistency doesn't improve, but I think it depends on the lineup Fizdales wants on the floor.

I think Morris is the starter but is moved by the deadline unless the Knicks are in the playoff hunt. Also if he is a Fiz favorite the front office may not move him. It will be interesting to see who the captains are this year. My guess would be Taj and Morris.

The Morris contract is tailor made for a deadline trade, and he has a lot of incentive to play hard, whatever his minutes are.

I just want to see Knox pushed to be a consistent defender, hopefully Gibson and Morris can push him on this matter. Same is true for Barrett.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Nalod
USA
8/8/2019  10:11 AM
UK posted this blog:
https://theknickswall.com/examining-knicks-sticktoitiveness-with-development-through-kevin-knox-frank-ntilikina-lens/

I found it interesting. Most blogs are fans who enjoy the hobby of writing or aspiring journalists who need experience. I for one just don't have the time as a hobby more than I do or ambition as journalist to craft my ideas properly. Some of you do a great job BTW!

I tried to take a stab in this thread that Knox like many rookies seasons are not even. We look at a stat line and comparmentalize a season as a single entity but teams are far more analytical in evaluating their players. A stat line does not tell a full story. Same for a box score.
I thought this blog did a good job and was fair in looking at Knox rookie year.

BTW, this is not me posting an article to demonstrate an agenda/view/or "told ya!". Sometimes we just discuss what things are or can be.
There is a thought by some fans that Fiz really has no clue what he is doing. This blog takes a view of what the thought process might have been for Knox.
Some fans think Fiz just told him to go crazy with himself. I suspect there was more to this.
As for Frank, he is very honest to say he did not progress last year for reasons discussed many times here.

No predictions. Just hope.

GustavBahler

8/8/2019  10:38 AM
Nalod wrote:UK posted this blog:
https://theknickswall.com/examining-knicks-sticktoitiveness-with-development-through-kevin-knox-frank-ntilikina-lens/

I found it interesting. Most blogs are fans who enjoy the hobby of writing or aspiring journalists who need experience. I for one just don't have the time as a hobby more than I do or ambition as journalist to craft my ideas properly. Some of you do a great job BTW!

I tried to take a stab in this thread that Knox like many rookies seasons are not even. We look at a stat line and comparmentalize a season as a single entity but teams are far more analytical in evaluating their players. A stat line does not tell a full story. Same for a box score.

BTW, this is not me posting an article to demonstrate an agenda/view/or "told ya!". Sometimes we just discuss what things are or can be.
There is a thought by some fans that Fiz really has no clue what he is doing. This blog takes a view of what the thought process might have been for Knox.
Some fans think Fiz just told him to go crazy with himself. I suspect there was more to this.
As for Frank, he is very honest to say he did not progress last year for reasons discussed many times here.

That article left out one key difference between Knox and Frank's rookie year. Knox was willing to play through his mistakes, learn. Frank wasnt. Trying too hard to avoid those ugly moments on the court, getting rejected, stripped of the ball, going to the rim. Knox wasnt. Thats why Knox was shown more patience. Knox was just as raw as Frank was, more in some ways.

With Frank, it had been..

Bring up the ball to the arc, and cough it up

etc, etc. Thats what likely made Fizdale quickly lose patience with Frank. A guard that is reluctant to generate offense, get to the rim, get to the line, no change from his rookie year. Of course Fizdale is going to put his chips on Knox.

Nalod
USA
8/8/2019  1:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:UK posted this blog:

That article left out one key difference between Knox and Frank's rookie year. Knox was willing to play through his mistakes, learn. Frank wasnt. Trying too hard to avoid those ugly moments on the court, getting rejected, stripped of the ball, going to the rim. Knox wasnt. Thats why Knox was shown more patience. Knox was just as raw as Frank was, more in some ways.

With Frank, it had been..

etc, etc. Thats what likely made Fizdale quickly lose patience with Frank. A guard that is reluctant to generate offense, get to the rim, get to the line, no change from his rookie year. Of course Fizdale is going to put his chips on Knox.

Frank played 43 games last season. There were some good games. A lot of stinkers. We all yell at our TV's to "Shoot" and cringe when he misses. Fiz under a lot of pressure and too. Not blaming a damn thing. It was what it was. An awful season.
He had good chemistry with KP and perhaps is the kind of player that can fill in the gaps with a group of shooters. Knicks were bad last year. Kid has to hit his shots. WE all see it. confidence, injury, coaching......what ever. Year three. Time to get it on!!!!

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/11/2019  10:15 AM
Knox is now 20 years old .... still has to beg Frank to take him to the bar on a fake ID
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/11/2019  12:00 PM
You are really understating just how bad his numbers are. They aren't just bad; they are historically bad. He had one of the worst individual seasons in NBA history for players playing 1500 minutes. It’s not just the poor shooting which is his best trait. It’s the lack of desire and hustle. It’s the inability to create anything for his teammates. On top of that he is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He is an all-around bad NBA player. Here is a quote from a posting and toasting article that articulates in one paragraph just how bad his raw numbers are : "Sixth percentile in effective field goal percentage and shooting percentage at the rim, and 82nd percentile in long-twos shot frequency? On top of the poor efficiency and shot profile, Knox is in the 79th percentile in usage rate and the sixth percentile in assist-to-usage ratio. He’s not only a low efficiency player, but also a high-volume shooter who doesn’t pass." So let’s sum it up shall we. All Knox can do is shoot. However, when he does it’s a long two that he hits at a well below average league rate. He can't pass at all and he can't defend at all. All the negative press surrounding Knox is deserved because he isn't any good. I get you want to spin it to have some hope he will eventually be good, and he isn't a total bust. However, the chances he turns it around from being that bad is very slim. He has a long way to go just to be average. I would make him earn his minutes this year. There are much better options on the roster. A team of vets will never let Knox play like he did last year.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

8/11/2019  1:14 PM
Jmpasq wrote:You are really understating just how bad his numbers are. They aren't just bad; they are historically bad. He had one of the worst individual seasons in NBA history for players playing 1500 minutes. It’s not just the poor shooting which is his best trait. It’s the lack of desire and hustle. It’s the inability to create anything for his teammates. On top of that he is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He is an all-around bad NBA player. Here is a quote from a posting and toasting article that articulates in one paragraph just how bad his raw numbers are : "Sixth percentile in effective field goal percentage and shooting percentage at the rim, and 82nd percentile in long-twos shot frequency? On top of the poor efficiency and shot profile, Knox is in the 79th percentile in usage rate and the sixth percentile in assist-to-usage ratio. He’s not only a low efficiency player, but also a high-volume shooter who doesn’t pass." So let’s sum it up shall we. All Knox can do is shoot. However, when he does it’s a long two that he hits at a well below average league rate. He can't pass at all and he can't defend at all. All the negative press surrounding Knox is deserved because he isn't any good. I get you want to spin it to have some hope he will eventually be good, and he isn't a total bust. However, the chances he turns it around from being that bad is very slim. He has a long way to go just to be average. I would make him earn his minutes this year. There are much better options on the roster. A team of vets will never let Knox play like he did last year.

You give an 18 year old kid heavy minutes. Make him a starter, as a rookie. With the youngest rotation in the league, guess what? You get some real ugly play, and some really bad numbers.

Also had a game high that only LeBron equalled at the same age. Played well, and efficiently enough to be rookie of the month. Not a day, not a week, a month. Then Knox ran out of steam. The 18 year old kid ran out of steam.

Finished the season strong, looking like he did earlier in the season. Was sharing the rock more to end the season, was sharing the rock more in SL. I see a better player than you do. We'll see.

Urban Legend of Kevin Knox......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy