Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/30/2019  9:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NBK wrote:If DSJ takes the next step this season. The Knicks could suprise some people IMO

The next step is kind of hard to quantify. A new jumper would be nice, but that alone won't get us into the playoffs. Alot if his growth needs to come from his overall floor management. He worked out with Chris Paul this summer and I hope they talked about more than just basketball moves. Chauncey Billups is remembered as a great floor general, but he was trash coming into the league. I'm hoping DSJ I able to grow in that area. Having someone like Elfrid should help DSJ in that regard.

Whats encouraging is that Smith jr isnt a ball stopper. The numbers bear that out. Needs work on his efficiency, not on sharing the rock. Just becoming a more efficient player should pay big dividends.

BTW did you buy that cookbook?

Ha, funny you should mention that. I've recently started going to this place called Royal Farms. It's similar to Sheetz, Wa Was etc. I'm not joking...best fast-food fried chicken I've had. I've been living in this place. I can't remember the last time I've fried an egg, let alone chops or chicken. I'm sure the phase won't last...but to answer your question, not yet.

Will have to check it out, next time Im in the northeast. Have you tried Charles Fried Chicken in Harlem? (he's in the book) Supposed to be one of the best fried chicken spots in the country.

Im in the pacific northwest, in a more rural area. Some of the best fried chicken in the area used to be at the deli at Fred Meyers supermarket. People would line up when the employee brought out this big metal bowl full of freshly cooked fried chicken. Most supermarket chicken is greasy from oil that never seems to get changed.

Unfortunately Kroger (which owns fred meyers) changed to process. The workers there told me they dont believe customers will like this new fried chicken. They were right. They were in trays in a reheater. When I tried one it was red in the middle.

Same deal with Publix in fla in the late 90s. Changed their recipe. Used to have amazing fried chicken.

The best fried chicken in the area is supposed to be Ezell's. Going to check it out after I move closer to Seattle.

Here is one more book you might want to check out. Its about southern fried food, more than fried chicken.

https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Fried-recipes-Chicken-Puppies/dp/1118130766/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=southern+fried+cookbook&qid=1567171798&s=gateway&sprefix=southern+fried+cokbook&sr=8-3

AUTOADVERT
DSJr mechanics improvement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy