[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DSJr mechanics improvement
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/21/2019  8:39 PM
https://nypost.com/2019/07/21/knicks-shot-doctor-is-trying-to-save-dennis-smith-jr/

between this and the Summer League interview...this is music to my ears. Acknowledging and working on the problem are 2 big steps. Now to see it in game.

Wonder why Carlisle and company didn't address this sooner?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/21/2019  9:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:https://nypost.com/2019/07/21/knicks-shot-doctor-is-trying-to-save-dennis-smith-jr/

between this and the Summer League interview...this is music to my ears. Acknowledging and working on the problem are 2 big steps. Now to see it in game.

He probably. It's up to the player at the end of the day.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/21/2019  9:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:https://nypost.com/2019/07/21/knicks-shot-doctor-is-trying-to-save-dennis-smith-jr/

He probably. It's up to the player at the end of the day.

Correct. It also doesn’t mean much until game-day because you can revert back to old habits at the snap of the thumb.

Glad he is putting in the work though. I hope he breaks out.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/21/2019  11:21 PM
Head-Coach Carlisle got tired of the majority of the opponent teams coaches calling plays to take DSJr one on one for a easy 2 points. DSJr's s ability to become the Mavs future 1 or 2 or 3 scorer option were not the problem nor reason the Mavs traded DSJr.
DSJr could not defend or stop any of the west coast teams backcourt tandem guards from scoring an easy two points, within 1 1/2 seasons.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/22/2019  6:58 AM

Most NBA players can hit an alarming rate of shots in an empty gym and not at NBA "game speed"

When you are tired, hurt, mentally drained and frustrated, also with the immense pressures involved, then you are asked to do it at top level speed against world class athletes, this is a different story.

Changing something you've done TENS OF THOUSANDS OF TIMES already is just very difficult to do.

A real competitor would have ID'ed and started to work on this stuff before you even get drafted. This is why Jimmy Butler is such a good player. Even before he was in the NBA, he outworked everyone.

Carlisle is one of the best coaches in the current NBA. But you can't make someone care enough to bleed everything they've got to relentlessly get better.

DSJr wants a new contract. His rookie deal and his primary developmental window are closing. Sure he's gonna start realizing he needs to work harder to get that money. How about working hard before you get to that point?

How is it the coaches fault that the player just doesn't care enough about his own game to develop it relentlessly?

Acknowledging the problem means jack ****. You put in the work and you execute. That's all that matters. Can you get it done? This is the same **** I've talked about before, giving credit to NBA players for SHIT THEY SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY TO JUST BE A BASELINE PROFESSIONAL.

He's such a good teammate!

You want a mother****ing cookie? It's your JOB to be a good teammate.

He's shown up in shape!

You want a gold star? It's your ****ing JOB to show up in elite condition.

So many fans set the bar so ****ing low it's sad.

If DSJr was actually doing his job to be the best player he could be from the time he was drafted, he wouldn't be in this situation now. ( Dumped to a losing team trying to salvage his career)

I'm not giving him credit for realizing he has a duty to do his ****ing job in the first place. If he wants a cookie, he can get one from you instead.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/22/2019  7:22 AM
c’mon not every professional athlete can be eddy curry.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/22/2019  8:17 AM
why is frank not joining him, who's actually a worse shooter?
ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/22/2019  8:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:why is frank not joining him, who's actually a worse shooter?

maybe because he has bigger problems! And he knows his time here is limited.

knicks1248
7/22/2019  8:39 AM
franco12 wrote:

Weird..

I have the slightest clue what the want to do with that kid. Looks like they are putting most of their focus on DSJ, and Payton is a Perry guy, we have 3 sg that are ahead of frank @ that position.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2019  8:45 AM
franco12 wrote:

It’s incredibly presumptuous for both you. Its like if there are no videos its assumed they are working? Few weeks ago we had video of Frank working with a trainer in Dallas AND knicks assistant coach Miller.
Do either of you understand Franks “Problems”? Is his shot actually broken? What was the extent of his shoulder issue last season and when did it start? What was his shooting % Quarter by quarter? Did his mechanics change over time? Is there a physiology issue? Diet? Sleep disorder? Anxiety?
So many things I have read from you guys. Even “he is French, he is soft!” He immigrated to France as a Child. Really guys?
I can go on and on. Its like you guys think you know more than the player and the coaches.

Bottom line is not whether we know or not if they are working its the result that counts.
If Frank knows his time here is limited does that mean he won’t work? He is 21 years old, he has his career here, another team, or abroad to consider.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/22/2019  9:59 AM
Triple raises a lot of good points

I recall Ainge saying that when he played for Celts guys would shoot like 80% in warmups and drills (he was including Bird et al.)

Game situation is a different beast. I am hoping that between our three pgs at least one of them improves enough so the defense won't sag off -- I'm not expecting them to morph into steph curry any time soon

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
7/22/2019  10:34 AM
Chandler wrote:Triple raises a lot of good points

I recall Ainge saying that when he played for Celts guys would shoot like 80% in warmups and drills (he was including Bird et al.)

Game situation is a different beast. I am hoping that between our three pgs at least one of them improves enough so the defense won't sag off -- I'm not expecting them to morph into steph curry any time soon

He brings up some pretty obvious shyt too. Top 1% players world wide will put a toe on an NBA floor. That's some elite stuff. Some guys Like Jimmer can shoot all day but lacks other attributes. Some have all the other stuff but are young enough to be a prospect.
No doubt some NBA players have more natural god given talent than others but most are well aware of what needs to be done.
And some work their tails off, and still might not yield enough results to break thru.
Why hasn't Wooten developed a shot? According to Triple outlook of bitterness some are just not putting in the work. That might be true, but others are and they just can't do it.

JJ Reddick had an NBA ready shot. He needed the other intagables. You think he was lazy in college? no, he got to the NBA and was measured and found wanting in some areas. JImmer too, and I think the kids works, but he just can't get the speed to the next level.

I can't tell you if Frank is working hard enough. Nobody I have read ever said his shot was broken, his form is quite good.
As long as he is in a knick uniform Im rooting for him. Im not going to tell others how to be a fan or not. I read as much as most of you and making assumptions out of thin air should get called out.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/22/2019  10:54 AM
franco12 wrote:

Frank was working out with Miller and Kadeem Allen. I don't think the Knicks are neglecting him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/22/2019  11:10 AM
Chandler wrote:Triple raises a lot of good points

Saying a real competitor would have identified the shooting issue and worked on it before the draft is a bit harsh in my opinion. DSJ is an elite athlete among the best athletes in the world. His athleticism allowed him to be very successful in a very high level of competition. His peers voted him most likely to win the roy after summer league his rookie year. He wasn't the 30th pick in the draft after four years of college like Jimmy Butler. Athletes should be putting in the work and trying to evolve into better players in the offseason. If Smith fixes his shot, raise his free throw percentage and three point percentage he could be elite. DRose shot 37% from three last year. These things do happen.
knicks1248
7/22/2019  11:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Frank was working out with Miller and Kadeem Allen. I don't think the Knicks are neglecting him.

Why do they continue to bring in point guard after point guard since he's been here?

He's obviously not a pure PG, and with DSJ, Payton, Trier, dotson, RJ, bullock, all better than him, where do you see him getting minutes, other than token minutes.

If Fiz comes to camp with the same silly erratic rotations, benching guys every other wk, expect the results to be the same

ES
CrushAlot
USA
7/22/2019  11:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Why do they continue to bring in point guard after point guard since he's been here?

He's obviously not a pure PG, and with DSJ, Payton, Trier, dotson, RJ, bullock, all better than him, where do you see him getting minutes, other than token minutes.

If Fiz comes to camp with the same silly erratic rotations, benching guys every other wk, expect the results to be the same

I am not sure what the plan is for Frank. I think if the Knicks got a trade offer they liked he would be moved. Not getting KD may keep Frank on the Knicks longer. I don't think the Knicks would have picked up his option for 20-21 if KD and another star were brought in. It doesn't appear that the Knicks will be competing for a championship in 20-21 so maybe they keep Frank a little longer. I do wonder if Frank or Dot are moved before camp. There are a lot of back court players. Dot would be the guy that is easy to move because of his salary and competent play.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/22/2019  11:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I am not sure what the plan is for Frank. I think if the Knicks got a trade offer they liked he would be moved. Not getting KD may keep Frank on the Knicks longer. I don't think the Knicks would have picked up his option for 20-21 if KD and another star were brought in. It doesn't appear that the Knicks will be competing for a championship in 20-21 so maybe they keep Frank a little longer. I do wonder if Frank or Dot are moved before camp. There are a lot of back court players. Dot would be the guy that is easy to move because of his salary and competent play.

there is no plan for Frank. He's kinda like a lotto ticket at this point. They didn't want to take a second for him or whatever but they should have. So now they're just gonna hope and pray that he gets his **** together or they'll just decline his PO. I said it when he got drafted, and got a lot of blow back from the usual rose colored glasses crowd, but he got drafted because eh measured well at the combine and people fell in love with his projections. He played about half the minuted of a NCAA prospect in France and he has never accomplished anything of note

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
7/22/2019  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2019  11:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

You asked this question.

why is frank not joining him, who's actually a worse shooter?

You were told he has been working out with a trainer likely hired by him AND a knick coach.
You either have reading comprehension issues or have it really bad for Frank in like a weird way.
Your given an answer and since it does not suit your agenda you ask more questions?
Guess what, we don't know the where the minutes are coming from either. Don't know if Frank even is on the team come Nov. 1st.
But we just gonna root for him and all our team to succeed!!! Why not?

knicks1248
7/22/2019  11:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

From everything I have read over the last 6 months, Half of the front office/organization wants him gone, and the other half is on the fence. I can't understand why the hell they picked up his option of 5 mill other than to use in a possible off season trade for AD or some other star.

ES
Nalod
USA
7/22/2019  11:51 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

From everything I have read over the last 6 months, Half of the front office/organization wants him gone, and the other half is on the fence. I can't understand why the hell they picked up his option of 5 mill other than to use in a possible off season trade for AD or some other star.

Its painfully obvious to the rest of us you don't understand.

DSJr mechanics improvement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy