[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will The Knicks Win More Then 30 Games Within the Next 3 Seasons?

Author Poll
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA

I want to see how many deluded fans think they will.

Yes
No
View Results

Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/18/2019  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2019  12:59 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:so what I gather here is that Mills spent 72 million dollars to put together a 30 win team, mean while the other 2 teams that had just as much $$(nets and clippers) were able to build a contender..

If we don't win at least 42-45 games..mills, fiz, and perry should be fired

This is ignorant on so many levels.

well educate me Einstein, since you know so much

Sounds like you ok with spending all that money to be a lottery team..

we over paid ever FA we signed ..if we offered the same contract the spurs offered Marcus..he would be a spur..

we did it with Baker and THJ as well, just shorter deals

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2019  1:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:so what I gather here is that Mills spent 72 million dollars to put together a 30 win team, mean while the other 2 teams that had just as much $$(nets and clippers) were able to build a contender..

Knicks used the money on 5 players vs. Nets dumped Russell for Kyrie and added Durant.
The NEts were much better team BEFORE Those additions. WE won 17 games last year.
Knicks signed players on one year contracts.
Nets and clippers made playoffs last year. Knicks won 17 games.
So your equating money as the same. Its not.
Your equating the teams as the same. they are not.
The Logic your presented does not add up.

Nalod
USA
7/18/2019  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

we over paid ever FA we signed ..if we offered the same contract the spurs offered Marcus..he would be a spur..

Making stuff up. I just said your response was ignorant.
Fact is its better to have added those players then let the cap go to waste. Team should be improved.
How would you have spent it?

Short term deals do come with a premium. If we offered the same deal as Marcus......wait, why would we do that? He had commited to Spurs? We had to offer more. Math.

I think your saying we over paid for them? Well, in hindsight for Baker yes. Not a franchise killer. Hardaway? 17mm for an 18pg scorer really not that crazy. Guy was injured a lot. He has two more years on his deal.
and.......that is in the past.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/18/2019  1:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So you accuse other people of being homers, but think they'll win 42-46 games and be as good or better than the nets because they spent the same amount of money. Okay.

what in the world are you talking about?

Last yr the nets were projected to win 29 games, they won 42, and they lost one of their best players in november..guess how they won those extra 13 games?

Good luck with your 46 wins prediction! What a homer!

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/18/2019  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So you accuse other people of being homers, but think they'll win 42-46 games and be as good or better than the nets because they spent the same amount of money. Okay.

Last yr the nets were projected to win 29 games, they won 42, and they lost one of their best players in november..guess how they won those extra 13 games?

Yeah man. That type of prediction for improvement after a 17 win season is not realistic at all unless you draft a Tim Duncan or simular and have Pops with the culture and system in place

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/18/2019  10:26 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah man. That type of prediction for improvement after a 17 win season is not realistic at all unless you draft a Tim Duncan or simular and have Pops with the culture and system in place

He's just trying to set the stage where he can call for Perry to be fired. 17 to 46 win team or else you fail...makes sense

knicks1248
7/19/2019  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2019  9:35 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He's just trying to set the stage where he can call for Perry to be fired. 17 to 46 win team or else you fail...makes sense

You will never have stability if you don't mandate a winning culture, how mow many of our FA did we retain this off season, NOT 1, not even MUD...Think about that. All that losing and dysfunction for RJ Barrett, we even lost part of our "suppose young core" in THJ, KP, Trey

I'm not asking for anyone to lose their JOB, those things are inevitable if your not winning.

Losing has become so normal in these parts that 42 to 46 wins is a complete JOKE and super farfetch to some..

That's not being a HOMER, the FO should be demanding that the losing must stop if you want to become a respectable franchise with some stability, instead of running this sht LIKE A YMCA pick up game, and grossly overpaying role players

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/19/2019  9:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You will never have stability if you don't mandate a winning culture, how mow many of our FA did we retain this off season, NOT 1, not even MUD...Think about that. All that losing and dysfunction for RJ Barrett, we even lost part of our "suppose young core" in THJ, KP, Trey

I'm not asking for anyone to lose their JOB, those things are inevitable if your not winning.

Losing has become so normal in these parts that 42 to 46 wins is a complete JOKE and super farfetch to some..

That's not being a HOMER, the FO should be demanding that the losing must stop if you want to become a respectable franchise with some stability, instead of running this sht LIKE A YMCA pick up game, and grossly overpaying role players

which free agents would you have brought back?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/19/2019  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Who was worth retaining? The only one I could make a case for was Vonleh. Yes if ownership demands more wins of course it should naturally happen. And let's achieve stability by firing everyone every 1 to 2 years when winning doesnt start right away. By the way, you contradict yourself complaining about the FA signings and how crappy they are and then demanding Fiz win 46 games.
knicks1248
7/19/2019  10:37 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

My point wasn't about bringing any of them back, and I'm not surprised they didn't

My point was that they didn't really raise the level/develop them enough to be keepers, and that was part of the tanks purpose.

So now you have to start all over with a primarily a new roster AGAIN. Now we have primarily a pick up game roster with a bunch of 1 yr players you can dump at the first sign of (things not going well)

Under mills we have had an extremely HIGH PLAYER TURNOVER rate, with the longest tenure being 2 yrs(frank) the worst in the league BY FAR..what are you building if your tearing it down each yr

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/19/2019  10:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

My point wasn't about bringing any of them back, and I'm not surprised they didn't

My point was that they didn't really raise the level/develop them enough to be keepers, and that was part of the tanks purpose.

So now you have to start all over with a primarily a new roster AGAIN. Now we have primarily a pick up game roster with a bunch of 1 yr players you can dump at the first sign of (things not going well)

Under mills we have had an extremely HIGH PLAYER TURNOVER rate, with the longest tenure being 2 yrs(frank) the worst in the league BY FAR..what are you building if your tearing it down each yr

you are not dealing in reality. If you don't have guys that are core players that you can see/develop to being on a playoff team, you don't keep them so that you don't have high turnover.

Get with it bro. You can't complain about not keeping players and also admit you wouldn't have brought any of them back anyway.

You are complaining just to complain and it's really tiring. Take a break from the Knicks, enjoy the summer, go drink/smoke something nice and get back to us when life is good.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/19/2019  10:55 AM
Wow, a fair Knicks offseason review!:

Overview

The Knicks entered 2018-19seaason with low expectations. However, there was hope for the future with 7’3” unicorn-esque center (Kristaps Porzingis), their three rookies (Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier) and a boatload of projected cap space on the books.

Fast forward to the Summer of 2019 and the Knicks are in a surprising spot relative to last year. Their assumed core of the future was dealt a blow when it became clear that Porzingis wanted out of New York, resulting in a trade to Dallas. And while they failed to land a major free agent – despite freeing up the cap space for two max free agents – there is actually reason for optimism for the Knicks.

Offseason

Despite finishing the 2018-19 season with the worst record in the NBA, the new lottery structure led to the Knicks landing the third overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Fortunately, the third pick in the draft was a no-brainer regardless of who was making the selection. RJ Barrett – guard/forward from Duke – is a talented scorer and playmaker who will instantly become the best Knick at drawing fouls and creating off the dribble. Barrett can struggle with his efficiency and other aspects of his game, but he will show flashes of greatness throughout the upcoming season.

But that’s not all the Knicks did on draft night. As I discussed last week, the Knicks traded up in the second round to select Ignas Brazdeikis, a forward from Michigan. Brazdeikis entered NBA Summer League with a lot of questions around him, most notably his lack of foot speed and athleticism, and he answered them in a big way.

Brazdeikis proved he can contribute to an NBA team immediately. His shot-making, shooting ability, strength and motor all shined through in many of the team’s Summer League games. The Knicks may have hit another home run in the second-round, which makes them two-for-two in as many years (Mitchell Robinson was selected by the Knicks with the 36thoverall pick in 2018).

Speaking of Robinson, he flashed his potential throughout Summer League, too. He demonstrated good progress, posting 13.8 points, 10.6 rebounds and 3.4 blocks in 25 minutes per game — and winning first-team All-Summer League honors. Robinson has a lot to prove this season, as expectations have changed dramatically for the 21-year-old, but at least the Knicks have their center of the future.

Free agency didn’t go quite as well for the Knicks. Many experts felt that the team had a good chance at signing Kevin Durant and a second major free agent. But the Knicks struck out on superstar free agent signings.

And what’s more, the Knicks signed a number of players shortly after the start of free agency, which prevented them from absorbing unwanted salary in exchange for future picks (e.g., the Los Angeles Clippers received a future first-round pick for taking back Maurice Harkless from the Portland Trail Blazers). The narrative quickly became that the Knicks failed at free agency.

But perception and reality are not always one and the same. Ultimately, the Knicks were able to attach a second-year team option and/or signed free agents to one-year deals for six of their seven free agent acquisitions (with the seventh free agent being Randle, for whom the Knicks own a third-year option).

This means that very little – if any salary – is guaranteed beyond 2019-20, making all of the aforementioned players attractive additions to contenders come the trade deadline – many were likely attractive as of June 30, but most contenders didn’t have the requisite cap space to sign players like Portis, Payton or Morris after making major investments in superstars.

All of the Knicks free agent additions can contribute at a relatively high level – save for Bullock, whose health is still in question following a recent back surgery — for both the Knicks as well as a contending team down the line. And the Knicks can liquidate most of their roster and free up significant cap space to chase the likes of Anthony Davis and others in 2020 if so desired – and they may even get themselves additional assets in the process. So the Knicks’ 2019 free agency period could be viewed very differently at this time next year (or 2021), depending on if they are able to convince a star player or two to join their young core.

What’s Next?

The Knicks’ offseason is probably over considering they added nine players and will return six – with one exception being potentially working on a reunion with the recently-waived Lance Thomas.

The Knicks signed seven quality free agents who can all hypothetically be traded for assets or waived following the 2019-20 season. They also added two NBA-quality rookies, both of whom should carve out a role on the team. The team’s challenge will be picking a direction. Scott Perry recently scoffed at the notion that Knicks will tank in 2019-20. Thus, they may hang onto most of their signees for the entire season in hopes of getting their young nucleus playoff experience.

While playoff experience is great for any young player, it will be challenging for David Fizdale and the rest of the coaching staff to carve out a rotation that features all of the team’s young players. The Knicks will have to create lineups very deliberately, pairing youth with veterans so they don’t experience too much falloff when shifting from one lineup to another.

Another unresolved item remains: Frank Ntilikina. Rumors circulated in the lead up the 2019 NBA Draft that the Knicks were going to trade their former lottery pick, but Ntilikina remains with the team. Ntilikina’s time in New York might be nearing an end unless he shows significant improvement early this season. It is worth mentioning that Ntilikina showed up earlier in the offseason on social media sporting a smoother and more natural-looking shooting form.

One final improvement the Knicks will look to build on is their leadership. Credibility trickles down from the very top of an organization. While James Dolan has made questionable decisions over the years, the rest of the Knicks’ management is operating more thoughtfully than it has in years.

The team’s leadership and coaching staff remained entirely intact for the first time in what feels like decades – the Knicks have had five coaches (six tenures) and three Presidents (four tenures) in the past eight seasons. And while players win games, they are attracted to situations that appear stable and supportive. The Knicks and Scott Perry, Steve Mills, and David Fizdale began laying the foundation for this type of situation. They now need to demonstrate progress on the court to take the next step and possibly start to build themselves up as a free agent destination (outside of simply being the Knicks). Lastly, they need Dolan and the team to remain out of the news for negative reasons as much as possible, such as being in the news for a lawsuit against the City of Inglewood around contractual issues pertaining a new Clippers arena.

This wasn’t the offseason that Knicks fans were hoping for, but it wasn’t the disaster some portray it as either. The Knicks have the means to take a positive step forward this season and set the stage for bigger things in the future.

Offseason Grade: B-

Do reward it by visiting the site:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-grading-the-offseason-new-york-knicks/

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/19/2019  11:18 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

you are not dealing in reality. If you don't have guys that are core players that you can see/develop to being on a playoff team, you don't keep them so that you don't have high turnover.

Get with it bro. You can't complain about not keeping players and also admit you wouldn't have brought any of them back anyway.

You are complaining just to complain and it's really tiring. Take a break from the Knicks, enjoy the summer, go drink/smoke something nice and get back to us when life is good.

1248 u're a lucky lad. apparently martin has taken a mentoring interest in you. i think this is what he's trying to say:

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/19/2019  11:31 AM
Toodmark is just throwing a fit because KP got traded. Nothing to see here really.

Development and improvements of Mitch, Barrett, Randle, Smith, Knox, Trier, Frank, Dotson, Ignas will be the determining factor for the Knicks future success. Some pieces will stick some will be moved for more balance.

As they improve so does the Knick W/L record. Robinson when he puts it together as a consistent performer will account for many wins himself.

Out of all the pieces on the team. Gonna figure out who the core pieces are and build with that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
7/19/2019  12:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Toodmark is just throwing a fit because KP got traded. Nothing to see here really.

Development and improvements of Mitch, Barrett, Randle, Smith, Knox, Trier, Frank, Dotson, Ignas will be the determining factor for the Knicks future success. Some pieces will stick some will be moved for more balance.

As they improve so does the Knick W/L record. Robinson when he puts it together as a consistent performer will account for many wins himself.

Out of all the pieces on the team. Gonna figure out who the core pieces are and build with that.

That hasn't been working..

ES
newyorknewyork
7/19/2019  12:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Toodmark is just throwing a fit because KP got traded. Nothing to see here really.

Have no choice.. Weren’t able to land top tier FAs. Only interested in speaking on the reality of the current circumstances not general broad views.

Nalod
USA
7/19/2019  12:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Livia1248
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/19/2019  1:21 PM

It's been a 2 step, concurrent process.
Core right now is Mitch and Barrett. Everyone else is a crap shoot. Iggy looks great in SL, but Whoop de dam doo. It's SL.

At the same time, they've been slowly removing anything having to do with Phil.

Nalod
USA
7/19/2019  1:58 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Core right now is Mitch and Barrett. Everyone else is a crap shoot. Iggy looks great in SL, but Whoop de dam doo. It's SL.

Core:

Knox (Kentucky Blue Chip)
RJ (Coach K bred, Built for this......)
Mitch (Like Willis is Bayu swamp tough!)
Randle (Another Kentucky blue chip solid)
Dennis Smith Jr. Also a blue chip prospect.
Mook Morris a salty miserable man with reliable talent.

This is the core. not ready for prime time. Im not saying sign them up for 10 year deals and let the gel as one. Nope, NBA is too variable for that.
Im just saying this is the core. Don't mean they start or get playing time. This represents the most upside future.
Maybe Frank works his way in. Or plays himself out. Any of these guys can be traded or replaced. The future is wide open.

newyorknewyork
7/19/2019  2:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Honestly everyone on the roster is a crap shoot. But I can see many of the pieces solidifying steady long term roles. Trier as a 6th man fixture, Robinson as a defensive anchor, Knox as fill in sniper at forward, Randle as the feature scorer etc etc..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy