Is Barrett really a PG?
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/17/2019  3:27 PM
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:
Welpee wrote:Barrett would be an Iman Shumpert level PG, meaning not very good.

Why do you think that?

Seems like the quite opposite to me

When Shump was drafted he was projected to be a pg, but we found out quickly he wasn't equipped for the position. I think the same would happen if we tried to fit Barrett into that PG role. Square peg/round hole scenario. Whoever made the Pippen/point forward comparison is probably more accurate.

i think he has a huge advantage right where he is - as a 2 guard who creates for others as well as scores. think iguodala, clyde drexler, kobe, dwade.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2019  4:28 PM
Marv wrote:
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:

Why do you think that?

When Shump was drafted he was projected to be a pg, but we found out quickly he wasn't equipped for the position. I think the same would happen if we tried to fit Barrett into that PG role. Square peg/round hole scenario. Whoever made the Pippen/point forward comparison is probably more accurate.

i think he has a huge advantage right where he is - as a 2 guard who creates for others as well as scores. think iguodala, clyde drexler, kobe, dwade.

Keep going.......Oscar, Jordan, Lebron, God............RJ is the chosen one.
In one week from Bust to GOAT!
We should only be so lucky!!

Marv
7/17/2019  4:32 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:

Why do you think that?

Keep going.......Oscar, Jordan, Lebron, God............RJ is the chosen one.
In one week from Bust to GOAT!
We should only be so lucky!!

he came into summer league as creator and left as Creator.

toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
7/17/2019  4:58 PM
It doesn't matter. If he's any good, he will be gone in 2-3 years.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Marv
7/17/2019  10:32 PM
toodarkmark wrote:It doesn't matter. If he's any good, he will be gone in 2-3 years.

mark that’s too dark.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2019  12:03 AM
TooDarkVmart...........
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
7/18/2019  7:50 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I saw an article on the homepage. I can’t copy it from here. I do question Barrett’s fit with DSjr and Payton. With Robinson, Randle and Morris up front, Barrett May be better utilized as a PG with a shooter alongside him. Harden and Simmons are used the same way. Shooting is a concern and unless you have a Patrick Beverley type out there, it may be better just to let Barrett be what he is, an oversized lead guard that will have the ball in his hands most of the time, either from the top of the key or using his size as a mismatch against smaller guards on the block.

As we found out with Frank, saying someone is better suited to PG because they cant shoot and like to pass won't last. In terms of RJs preference, of course he prefers to have the ball in his hands. All bball players play better with the ball in their hands. Specially young ones that are accostumed to being the go to guy. RJ will need to get better at playing without the ball. Will need to get better at 3pt shooting. So will EVERY rookie that wants to excel in this league. Will he have the ball in his hands if he gets rebound or running the floor? Sure. So will EVERY other player that can dribble in the floor. However, do not think he was drafted to be our PG.

This. There isn't really any room to hide players who cant shoot at PG. Its arguably the most important position on offense and requires more than being unselfish, being a willing passer or playing 'the right way'. You wouldn't hire a patent lawyer for your personal injury case, even if he technically has a passing knowledge of the stuff.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/18/2019  8:16 AM
Marv wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:It doesn't matter. If he's any good, he will be gone in 2-3 years.
mark thats too dark.

His former roommate's half God-brother has already put in a trade demand, or else they're going back to Canada!

TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/18/2019  8:25 AM
RJ & Trier would make an intriguing backcourt. We really need DSJr to become a knockdown shooter which would compliment RJ nicely.
Marv
7/18/2019  8:50 AM
Panos wrote:
Marv wrote:
mark thats too dark.

His former roommate's half God-brother has already put in a trade demand, or else they're going back to Canada!

oh well. we'll always have summer league!

Is Barrett really a PG?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy