USA
7/16/2019  10:44 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/16/2019  10:49 AM
wow - we have a LOT of pieces to work with. great opportunity for fizdale. really hope he succeeds.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/16/2019  11:04 AM
Marv wrote:wow - we have a LOT of pieces to work with. great opportunity for fizdale. really hope he succeeds.
Agreed. It might not be the "sexy" names that the media is bashing us for not getting BUT the team has a lot of depth and is better constructed. The Kids are still the priority but we have brought in guys who will help them and keep them fresh. There will be growing pains for the rookies and even the 2nd year players but now we have solid veterans that can fill in the role when that happens. ll the contracts are short term and if we want we could even trade a couple pieces for some assets if we chose to.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/16/2019  11:06 AM
Marv wrote:wow - we have a LOT of pieces to work with. great opportunity for fizdale. really hope he succeeds.

I do to, but everytime I hear Planter plantar fasciitis I think of Lance and camby

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/16/2019  11:06 AM
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2019  11:24 AM
Thought this was interesting. Knicks seem to like Kadeem.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/16/2019  12:29 PM
This is really how I see it. Knicks have an NBA team. Not sexy but there are shooters, defenders, size, versatility, almost all young and hungry. The question is, and when it comes to winning NBA games the question is always the same. Who are the difference makers?

Its a lot to expect .500 basketball, especially with such question marks about the PG play and having any clue what the offense will look like.

But is the Nets team from last year that much more talented than the Knicks this year? I think if you look at what Atkinson was able to do with that crew its very impressive and should be the goal. Keep in mind Nets lost 62 and 54 games in the two seasons before the last one under Atkinson (context)

We will learn a LOT about this team and coaching staff pretty early on I think. Fingers crossed and I think this is the exact challenge we hired this staff for

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MS
Member: #724
7/16/2019  12:40 PM
To many pieces if you ask me. We signed literally signed 4 veteran power forwards.

Going to be very challenging for Fizdale he’s literally got 6 average guys that are going to want minutes, each one similar skill set. I wouldn’t want to be him right now.

The challenge is how we develop Knox, Mitch, Trier and Barrett.

Don’t like the idea of younger guys being dropped from the rotation. Fizdale knows he can’t afford another season like last year. He may not be on the hot seat, but there is a lot of questions surrounding his ability to coach.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/16/2019  1:18 PM
I suspect he won't play much this year due to his health issues, but if he's healthy for the following season, less than $4.7mil is a good deal
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/16/2019  2:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:I suspect he won't play much this year due to his health issues, but if he's healthy for the following season, less than $4.7mil is a good deal

Ian Begley: Reggie Bullock, who agreed to a re-worked two-year deal with the Knicks, is expected to miss at least one month of the regular season, per sources
ES
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2019  2:58 PM
MS wrote:To many pieces if you ask me. We signed literally signed 4 veteran power forwards.

Going to be very challenging for Fizdale he’s literally got 6 average guys that are going to want minutes, each one similar skill set. I wouldn’t want to be him right now.

Don’t like the idea of younger guys being dropped from the rotation. Fizdale knows he can’t afford another season like last year. He may not be on the hot seat, but there is a lot of questions surrounding his ability to coach.

I don’t think they are dropped from the rotation. I do think practice will be harde and playing time won’t be a given. I think two or three of the guys you mentioned are starters.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/16/2019  3:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
MS wrote:To many pieces if you ask me. We signed literally signed 4 veteran power forwards.

I don’t think they are dropped from the rotation. I do think practice will be harde and playing time won’t be a given. I think two or three of the guys you mentioned are starters.
well see. I see Morris/Randle as the starting forwards. The rest is up for grabs and I think some position battles affect others.

Some portion of DSjr, Frank, Knox, Dotson, Trier and Mitch will take a nice step forward in growth. Some will not. We have no way of predicting until we start getting training camp reports and see preseason games and rotations and who is healthy and who is playing together. Included in that group for the unknown aspect are RJ and Iggy. RJ's adjustments in summer league were eye opening. Who knows how much time he needs or doesn't.

Lastly Bullock and Dotson are coming off injuries or have health issues that may push them back.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
7/16/2019  4:12 PM

Agree....Fiz is currently in a bad situation....UNLESS....Having all this redundancy smells like a mid season trade. Since we are deep 1-15, we can make a multi-player trade for 1 players and draft picks, without putting a dent in the team. If a trade is part of the plan, it's a great plan. If these vets will be used to beat up the rookies and sophmores during practice, I like that plan too. I think the only people that take a lost, or are at risk to fail, is Fitz and whichever Vet that gets multiple DNPs.

If I know Fiz, he will try and find the right combination, then stick to it. That's good for fans and chemistry. The DNP's will be 1st up on the trading block. We are only a few teams this deep from 1-15. Most teams, are top heavy. So there will be plenty of customers looking for B level talent on short contracts. Great Plan B....and I think this is a first since I've been a fan, from what I remember. This team reminds me of the Starks, Bonner, Mason and Oakly, Kurt Thomas type guys....Without Patrick Ewing.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/17/2019  9:15 AM
blkexec wrote:

Agree....Fiz is currently in a bad situation....UNLESS....Having all this redundancy smells like a mid season trade. Since we are deep 1-15, we can make a multi-player trade for 1 players and draft picks, without putting a dent in the team. If a trade is part of the plan, it's a great plan. If these vets will be used to beat up the rookies and sophmores during practice, I like that plan too. I think the only people that take a lost, or are at risk to fail, is Fitz and whichever Vet that gets multiple DNPs.

If I know Fiz, he will try and find the right combination, then stick to it. That's good for fans and chemistry. The DNP's will be 1st up on the trading block. We are only a few teams this deep from 1-15. Most teams, are top heavy. So there will be plenty of customers looking for B level talent on short contracts. Great Plan B....and I think this is a first since I've been a fan, from what I remember. This team reminds me of the Starks, Bonner, Mason and Oakly, Kurt Thomas type guys....Without Patrick Ewing.

Can't say the bolded is accruate. Yet is continually thrown around. Portis and Gibson were both brought in to play Center with the option of playing PF if nessesary. Portis shoots the three at a 38-40% clip. Thats an element that no other big on the roster brings. Randle has point forward cappabilities which no other big on the roster brings. Gibson is Mitch Robinson insurance for fouls and injuries as a 2nd tier defensive presence. Will also provide a high IQ mentor who game is filled with intangibles that Robinsons needs to soak up. Marcus Morris while he is similar to Portis. He is more of a 3-4 than a 5-4. Given our potential spacing issues his three point shooting isn't redundant at all but nessesary.

I also see tons of options for Fizz to go to depending on how the game if flowing within the front court. Its the backcourt that is more of a question mark. A lot of pieces which I don't know if they fit together.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/17/2019  9:40 AM
I don't know. Seems like we've stock piled a lot of mediocrity with little upside other than Randle (and maybe Payton). Somebody has to emerge as a star from the group of youngsters: DSJ, Mitch, Payton, Knox, Barrett, Trier assuming Randle is our de facto alpha player next season. I have very low expectations for 2019-20.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2019  10:59 AM
Welpee wrote:
I don't know. Seems like we've stock piled a lot of mediocrity with little upside other than Randle (and maybe Payton). Somebody has to emerge as a star from the group of youngsters: DSJ, Mitch, Payton, Knox, Barrett, Trier assuming Randle is our de facto alpha player next season. I have very low expectations for 2019-20.

That's healthy. If you avoid the anger that goes with it you might enjoy some games!

Bullock’s new deal done/ Shams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy