[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPN Ranks Knicks 28th
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/24/2019  7:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2019  7:30 PM
toodarkmark wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Biased journalism at its worst. Just more clickbait, to sell adds, to promote a certain brand of Knicks hate. We were a lock for 27!

Guess we might have to do something ridiculous like make the playoffs to stop the constant Knicks hate.

And when they don't make the playoffs in 20, 21, 22, will it still be "biased journalism?"

I thought we would be living like "The Jetsons" by 20, 21, 22. Seeing how things turned out, as Charlie Rich sang, I try to "Roll with the Flow". Dont come here to obsess on the worst case scenario. Dont sugarcoat the bad, and dont bury the good, to push a narrative.

Knicks arent capped out long term, lots of 1st and what look to be high second round picks. Some quality prospects to develop, evaluate. Until Perry/Mills have the chance to show what they can do with the assets they've amassed, Im good, absent flying cars.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2019  11:46 AM
toodarkmark wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Biased journalism at its worst. Just more clickbait, to sell adds, to promote a certain brand of Knicks hate. We were a lock for 27!

Guess we might have to do something ridiculous like make the playoffs to stop the constant Knicks hate.

And when they don't make the playoffs in 20, 21, 22, will it still be "biased journalism?"

And if we make the playoffs and lose in the first round, will you be posting the inevitable poll asking "Who of the deluded amongst you enjoyed wasting your time watching first round flameouts?"

Are you related is some way to Charles Barkley? Just wondering...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2019  11:54 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:

I thought we would be living like "The Jetsons" by 20, 21, 22. Seeing how things turned out, as Charlie Rich sang, I try to "Roll with the Flow". Dont come here to obsess on the worst case scenario. Dont sugarcoat the bad, and dont bury the good, to push a narrative.

Knicks arent capped out long term, lots of 1st and what look to be high second round picks. Some quality prospects to develop, evaluate. Until Perry/Mills have the chance to show what they can do with the assets they've amassed, Im good, absent flying cars.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/25/2019  4:10 PM
28th is where cleveland finished last year- so I want to call BS on this - so looking back, the best finish in the last 10 years or so for the 28th team was 26 wins.

I just think with our signings - and development- assuming no wholesale injuries - we have to be looking at a 10 game improvement at least - 28-30. Bare minimum.

SO say after this off season that this team will only win a few more games than last year - is completely stupid.

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2019  4:54 PM

Some of you arbitrarily demand we do better?

If the knicks win 70% more games next year.....

SEVENTY PERCENT IMPROVEMENT.......WE WIN 29 GAMES.
"But I demand that we do better than that or everyone should be fired!!!"

Say you fire everyone. Do pull an Isiah/Donnie/Grusnwald and make playoffs with weak ass runs, or "Rebuild the right way"?
THis losing sucks for sure but I'd rather was keep doing this until we get it right then starphuch some again and again.
One more time, KP was a regrettable event. Not sure what he becomes given his breakage but we drafted a player who was all star caliber.
From there who knows. WE pull in Durant? Maybe, maybe not.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/25/2019  6:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:

Guess thats before IBM sold part of their business to what became Lenovo. Maybe they would of had better luck if they built some mfing flying cars!!! And where is the %&@#% HOJO in space we were promised???

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/27/2019  2:48 AM
jrodmc wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:

And if we make the playoffs and lose in the first round, will you be posting the inevitable poll asking "Who of the deluded amongst you enjoyed wasting your time watching first round flameouts?"

Are you related is some way to Charles Barkley? Just wondering...

well he's toodarkmark...comes from a dark storyline :)
On Twitter the hashtag used for this is #KnicksForClicks or #JustSayKnicksForClicks

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/28/2019  8:52 AM
Apparently, it's not only ESPN who think so, but also the Vegas bookies think the Knicks won't break 30 wins. They biased too? Or are you?
I'm taking the "under".

None of the oddsmakers envision the Knicks reaching 30 victories.

Many of the Over/Under victory lines are trickling in for the 2019-20 season, and the Knicks aren’t viewed as playoff material.

Westgate SuperBook will release its figures Sunday and will have the Knicks’ Over/Under for wins at 28.5.

Three different online betting sites had the Knicks between 27.5 and 29.5 wins. Caesars has the Knicks opening at 27 wins..

https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/las-vegas-oddsmakers-dont-think-knicks-will-reach-30-wins/

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/28/2019  10:55 AM
Panos wrote:Apparently, it's not only ESPN who think so, but also the Vegas bookies think the Knicks won't break 30 wins. They biased too? Or are you?
I'm taking the "under".

None of the oddsmakers envision the Knicks reaching 30 victories.

Many of the Over/Under victory lines are trickling in for the 2019-20 season, and the Knicks aren't viewed as playoff material.

Westgate SuperBook will release its figures Sunday and will have the Knicks' Over/Under for wins at 28.5.

Three different online betting sites had the Knicks between 27.5 and 29.5 wins. Caesars has the Knicks opening at 27 wins..

https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/las-vegas-oddsmakers-dont-think-knicks-will-reach-30-wins/

I think the win total is realistic and I don't think the Vegas odds makers are biased. I went back and looked at the write ups for teams quickly. The Knick write up is the only write up that bashes a team. Some say things like in rebuilding mode, will be a long winter etc but Bontempts went with the easy narrative more than assessing the team. Hitting 29 wins with a team as young as the Knicks puts them where the Hawks were at the end of this past season. I don't think predicting that is biased. The 28th ranked team in the league last year won 19 games. ESPN's Knick coverage has sucked.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/28/2019  12:13 PM
its really simple NY replaced 7 non-NBA ready players with NBA vets They will be better
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/28/2019  3:10 PM
Personally i love the commitment to the rebuild. You hold on to your top 6 teen and early 20’s guys, draft the best prospect at #3, move up in the 2nd round to take a guy who looks like he really belongs and sign 3 young guys in free agency. All while holding onto your 6 #1’s over the next 4 years. I love this plan and am happy to root like hell for them to succeed.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/28/2019  7:40 PM
franco12 wrote:28th is where cleveland finished last year- so I want to call BS on this - so looking back, the best finish in the last 10 years or so for the 28th team was 26 wins.

I just think with our signings - and development- assuming no wholesale injuries - we have to be looking at a 10 game improvement at least - 28-30. Bare minimum.

SO say after this off season that this team will only win a few more games than last year - is completely stupid.

As Knicks fans, we hope for the best. We hope for the ideal situation.

Can the Knicks win 10 more games this year?

They'll need luck and help. As you mentioned, they'll need unprecedented health. Big men tend to have more injury problems than any other kind of player, so this can be a problem as the Knicks signed a bunch of bigs. They'll need a major breakout by Randle. They'll need injuries and attrition by other Eastern teams.

They'll need to overcome issues with defense and floor spacing. They'll need a reliable secondary scorer after Randle. They'll need to excel in transition and convert at an unprecedented rate with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock.

Payton and Randle having some previous rapport will help some. Morris is going to cost the Knicks a lot of ref calls. Gibson is going to run this team in the locker room and it remains to be seen if he can keep guys like Trier and DSJr in line. ( Actually get them to pass the damn ball...)

You can get "space" so you must try to get "pace" They are going to have to try to run the other teams off the floor.

A lot will ride on Randle being the primary scorer and his ability to be consistent even with other teams bracketing him defensively in their game plans.

To get those 10 games, the Knicks will need like 15 individual things that are unlikely to go their way. It's not impossible, but it's resting more on hope than anything else.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/29/2019  1:35 AM
Marv wrote:Personally i love the commitment to the rebuild. You hold on to your top 6 teen and early 20’s guys, draft the best prospect at #3, move up in the 2nd round to take a guy who looks like he really belongs and sign 3 young guys in free agency. All while holding onto your 6 #1’s over the next 4 years. I love this plan and am happy to root like hell for them to succeed.

+1 to your post and signature.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/29/2019  7:39 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
franco12 wrote:28th is where cleveland finished last year- so I want to call BS on this - so looking back, the best finish in the last 10 years or so for the 28th team was 26 wins.

As Knicks fans, we hope for the best. We hope for the ideal situation.

Can the Knicks win 10 more games this year?

They'll need luck and help. As you mentioned, they'll need unprecedented health. Big men tend to have more injury problems than any other kind of player, so this can be a problem as the Knicks signed a bunch of bigs. They'll need a major breakout by Randle. They'll need injuries and attrition by other Eastern teams.

They'll need to overcome issues with defense and floor spacing. They'll need a reliable secondary scorer after Randle. They'll need to excel in transition and convert at an unprecedented rate with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock.

Payton and Randle having some previous rapport will help some. Morris is going to cost the Knicks a lot of ref calls. Gibson is going to run this team in the locker room and it remains to be seen if he can keep guys like Trier and DSJr in line. ( Actually get them to pass the damn ball...)

You can get "space" so you must try to get "pace" They are going to have to try to run the other teams off the floor.

A lot will ride on Randle being the primary scorer and his ability to be consistent even with other teams bracketing him defensively in their game plans.

To get those 10 games, the Knicks will need like 15 individual things that are unlikely to go their way. It's not impossible, but it's resting more on hope than anything else.

10 more wins really isn't a high bar. I think if all things roll our way we are way above that mark. If like a third of the x factors pan out, you probably are looking at 30 wins. This team just doesn't have the look of a 17 win team now. Not saying its a great or fearsome team but just not historically bad.
ESPN Ranks Knicks 28th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy