[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damyean Dotson’s contract becomes guaranteed 7/25
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/14/2019  3:26 PM
He just turned 25. He’s shown flashes of being a rotation player but overall has been inconsistent. Will he be a roster casualty. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen today or tomorrow.

It is possible we see Wooton as having more potential and Cavanaugh looks like a great depth 15th man signing. It early, it was SL, but these two guys need to stick around. Wooton’s position is crowded right not. I would love to see him on a two way getting reps in the G league, although he does look ready now.

Kadeem Allen is 26. A decent 2way signing but looks expendable.

Bullock contract is still not complete with medical details being kept quiet which I totally respect but you to wonder what the issue is and if he will sign. He’s going to take minutes from some of the kids and we have plenty of options at the 2/3 position.

I have to wonder if Dotson makes the cut. He is one of 2 leftovers from the Phil/Mills draft

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
7/14/2019  4:49 PM
Lol. The Knicks are not cutting Dotson. They could probably get a second round pick for Dotson right now. It is going to be a tough battle for playing time between Dotson, Trier, RJ, Frank, smith, and Payton, but there is no way they just cut Dotson. He is too good and has proven that he is a rotation player.
Trust the Process
Rookie

7/14/2019  7:57 PM
TheGame wrote:Lol. The Knicks are not cutting Dotson. They could probably get a second round pick for Dotson right now. It is going to be a tough battle for playing time between Dotson, Trier, RJ, Frank, smith, and Payton, but there is no way they just cut Dotson. He is too good and has proven that he is a rotation player.

You’re really going to Lol me over a guy who probably doesn’t dress for games most nights. They’d be doing him a favor giving him a chance to catch on with a team where he’ll get minutes. Doubtful they resign him next year. Just not enough roster spots. It would be better to give the roster spot to a younger player who they can develop with spot minutes and time in the gleague.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/14/2019  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2019  8:27 PM
Rookie wrote:
TheGame wrote:Lol. The Knicks are not cutting Dotson. They could probably get a second round pick for Dotson right now. It is going to be a tough battle for playing time between Dotson, Trier, RJ, Frank, smith, and Payton, but there is no way they just cut Dotson. He is too good and has proven that he is a rotation player.

You’re really going to Lol me over a guy who probably doesn’t dress for games most nights. They’d be doing him a favor giving him a chance to catch on with a team where he’ll get minutes. Doubtful they resign him next year. Just not enough roster spots. It would be better to give the roster spot to a younger player who they can develop with spot minutes and time in the gleague.

I did not mean any offense but there is no logic in cutting Dotson. If anything, they would do what they did with Willy and trade him for a second round pick. Dotson averaged nearly 37% on threes for a season and he plays solid defense. That is above league average on 3s. That is a valuable skill. In fact, under the right circumstances, they might get a late 1st rounder for Dotson. In any case, they are not going to just cut him.

Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/14/2019  9:22 PM
TheGame wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I did not mean any offense but there is no logic in cutting Dotson. If anything, they would do what they did with Willy and trade him for a second round pick. Dotson averaged nearly 37% on threes for a season and he plays solid defense. That is above league average on 3s. That is a valuable skill. In fact, under the right circumstances, they might get a late 1st rounder for Dotson. In any case, they are not going to just cut him.

I would be pissed if they cut him multiple teams kicked the tires on him at the deadline

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Rookie

7/15/2019  10:55 AM
TheGame wrote:
Rookie wrote:

None taken, i’m Just looking at possible ways to create a roster spot. Waiving a player who is not guaranteed yet is the path of least resistance. I would like to see us find a way to keep Wooton. I can almost imagine him matched up against the Greek freak in a game that matters down the road.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/15/2019  6:22 PM
Luke Kornet & Dotson should have both been retained. Kornet built a nice dynamic bt he & Mitch.
2 excellent shot blockers and the guy we let go can shoot 3s. No wonder BROOKLYN was so quick to scoop him up.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/15/2019  6:39 PM
TLover wrote:Luke Kornet & Dotson should have both been retained. Kornet built a nice dynamic bt he & Mitch.
2 excellent shot blockers and the guy we let go can shoot 3s. No wonder BROOKLYN was so quick to scoop him up.

Except they didn’t. Bulls did.

Luke is a nice 3rd string C on a non playoff team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/15/2019  7:09 PM
Rookie wrote:

You’re really going to Lol me over a guy who probably doesn’t dress for games most nights. They’d be doing him a favor giving him a chance to catch on with a team where he’ll get minutes. Doubtful they resign him next year. Just not enough roster spots. It would be better to give the roster spot to a younger player who they can develop with spot minutes and time in the

Dude Dotson has value. Teams were interested in him last year. They can easily get 1 maybe 2 2nd rounders. He has two more years on a small cap hit. No way in hell they would just cut him
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2019  7:53 PM
Begley tweeted Dotson’s deal became guaranteed today.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/16/2019  9:59 AM
He's a good player w/ bird rights making $1.6mm at 24 years old.

Did we think we were not going to pick that up?

Be prepared for some of these guys to move at the deadline

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie

7/16/2019  1:49 PM
I hope we find a way to hang on to Wooton
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2019  3:51 PM
Rookie wrote:I hope we find a way to hang on to Wooton
He's a G league guy. You put him down there. Work on his offense. Get him into the system. Knicks should be buyers at the deadline armed with a bunch of expiring contracts attached to useful players and a few extra picks from Dallas I expect the Knicks to pounce if there is a low cost opportunity to grab a key guy. If/when that happens a guy like Wooten will be great to bring up. He doesnt need to be on the roster (yet) to be part of the future. I like him also
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
7/17/2019  4:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
He's a G league guy. You put him down there. Work on his offense. Get him into the system. Knicks should be buyers at the deadline armed with a bunch of expiring contracts attached to useful players and a few extra picks from Dallas I expect the Knicks to pounce if there is a low cost opportunity to grab a key guy. If/when that happens a guy like Wooten will be great to bring up. He doesnt need to be on the roster (yet) to be part of the future. I like him also

Yep, that's the problem of being a deep team. We can't keep everybody. I think he's a good candidate for the G league. Just hope another team doesn't scope him up.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2019  4:30 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yep, that's the problem of being a deep team. We can't keep everybody. I think he's a good candidate for the G league. Just hope another team doesn't scope him up.

He tweeted something yesterday that made it look like the Knicks were signing him. No updates yet. Hopefully he is with the Knicks. When I saw the tweet yesterday I thought that maybe he was getting the two way deal that Wilkes is supposed to be getting.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Damyean Dotson’s contract becomes guaranteed 7/25

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy